Announcing GeForce Hotfix Driver 378.72
  1 / 15    
This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.72 that addresses the following: - Fixed hardware encoding in Steam (In-Home Streaming). - Resolved PhysX being forced to CPU when "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting is OFF. It can be accessed [url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4405"]here[/url] More information about Hot fix drivers: A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released. Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver. The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down. To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out. These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.
This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.72 that addresses the following:

- Fixed hardware encoding in Steam (In-Home Streaming).
- Resolved PhysX being forced to CPU when "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting is OFF.

It can be accessed here

More information about Hot fix drivers:

A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released.

Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver.

The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down.

To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out.

These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.

Home::MSI Z170I::Intel 6700k::16GB Corsair DDR4 3200mhz::Samsung 256gb M.2(OS)::GTX 980:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 02/16/2017 10:41 PM   
Issues and Updates:
Issues and Updates:

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/17/2017 12:24 AM   
I believe the - "Resolved PhysX being forced to CPU when "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting is OFF. ... issue was specific to the GTX 980 Ti. I also believe it is probably the same issue that made OpenCL and CUDA computing result in "Error: OpenCL error detected: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES." for GTX 980 Ti, unless the user manually turned "Optimize for Compute Performance" to On. Finally, I want to report success! 378.72 is the first R378 driver where I can compute on my GTX 980 Ti GPUs, using default options. [u][b]HURRAY - Thank you NVIDIA![/b][/u]
I believe the
- "Resolved PhysX being forced to CPU when "Optimize for Compute Performance" setting is OFF.
... issue was specific to the GTX 980 Ti.

I also believe it is probably the same issue that made OpenCL and CUDA computing result in "Error: OpenCL error detected: CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES." for GTX 980 Ti, unless the user manually turned "Optimize for Compute Performance" to On.

Finally, I want to report success!
378.72 is the first R378 driver where I can compute on my GTX 980 Ti GPUs, using default options.

HURRAY - Thank you NVIDIA!

Posted 02/17/2017 01:15 AM   
does this update fix the fail to install problem with geforce driver 378.66 update?
does this update fix the fail to install problem with geforce driver 378.66 update?

Posted 02/17/2017 02:27 AM   
[quote="gcen"]does this update fix the fail to install problem with geforce driver 378.66 update?[/quote] that's not NV issue. disable your anti-virus & download again.
gcen said:does this update fix the fail to install problem with geforce driver 378.66 update?

that's not NV issue. disable your anti-virus & download again.
So does this driver have the same fixes and optimizations as the latest whql driver too?
So does this driver have the same fixes and optimizations as the latest whql driver too?

Posted 02/17/2017 03:07 AM   
[size="L"]What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia [/size] I do not want to pay 500-700 dollars for a vga, and to be free beta tester. Nvidia where is your leadership and quality control?!!. It's a shame - WHQL and next 2 days hotfix,This is a new tradition? We should probably buy your competitors, then your boss will teach you to test the better.
What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia

I do not want to pay 500-700 dollars for a vga, and to be free beta tester. Nvidia where is your leadership and quality control?!!. It's a shame - WHQL and next 2 days hotfix,This is a new tradition?

We should probably buy your competitors, then your boss will teach you to test the better.

Posted 02/17/2017 06:18 AM   
Yes. Welcome to the future.
Yes.

Welcome to the future.

Posted 02/17/2017 06:21 AM   
[quote="Vladimir545"][size="L"]What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia [/size] I do not want to pay 500-700 dollars for a vga, and to be free beta tester. Nvidia where is your leadership and quality control?!!. It's a shame - WHQL and next 2 days hotfix,This is a new tradition? We should probably buy your competitors, then your boss will teach you to test the better.[/quote] Please do so, and then don't come back when AMD has just as many if not worse issues. FYI: the hotfix is to get issues that were discovered in the very first Release 378 driver (released almost a month ago) to those affected asap, in this case, it was as soon as they were fixed, but happened to have missed stamping and signoff of the 378.66 package. If you want to whine at someone, go whine at microsoft who left a serious crash bug in their DirectX memory manager for almost a year (10586 - 14393)
Vladimir545 said:What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia

I do not want to pay 500-700 dollars for a vga, and to be free beta tester. Nvidia where is your leadership and quality control?!!. It's a shame - WHQL and next 2 days hotfix,This is a new tradition?

We should probably buy your competitors, then your boss will teach you to test the better.

Please do so, and then don't come back when AMD has just as many if not worse issues.

FYI: the hotfix is to get issues that were discovered in the very first Release 378 driver (released almost a month ago) to those affected asap, in this case, it was as soon as they were fixed, but happened to have missed stamping and signoff of the 378.66 package.

If you want to whine at someone, go whine at microsoft who left a serious crash bug in their DirectX memory manager for almost a year (10586 - 14393)

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:BenQ G2400WD, BenQ BL2211
Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending
Sound:HDMI
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 02/17/2017 06:38 AM   
Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can watch Youtube or game like an [url=http://www.7storms.net/]expert[/url] as the video is smooth as silk!
Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can watch Youtube or game like an expert as the video is smooth as silk!

Posted 02/17/2017 07:37 AM   
[quote="7storms"]Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can watch Youtube or game like an [url=http://www.7storms.net/]expert[/url] as the video is smooth as silk![/quote] ^Spambot
7storms said:Thanks for sharing. Exactly what I was looking for. Now I can watch Youtube or game like an expert as the video is smooth as silk!

^Spambot

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 02/17/2017 07:44 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="Vladimir545"][size="L"]What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia [/size] I do not want to pay 500-700 dollars for a vga, and to be free beta tester. Nvidia where is your leadership and quality control?!!. It's a shame - WHQL and next 2 days hotfix,This is a new tradition? We should probably buy your competitors, then your boss will teach you to test the better.[/quote] Please do so, and then don't come back when AMD has just as many if not worse issues. FYI: the hotfix is to get issues that were discovered in the very first Release 378 driver (released almost a month ago) to those affected asap, in this case, it was as soon as they were fixed, but happened to have missed stamping and signoff of the 378.66 package. If you want to whine at someone, go whine at microsoft who left a serious crash bug in their DirectX memory manager for almost a year (10586 - 14393)[/quote] you SHOULD stop posting in this forum, because not only are you not an employee of nvidia, you are not a help to anyone on here. I've been watching you for years, and what I've seen is that you are abusive to many people on here. You also are very presumptuous and egocentric. I'm sure that the company would not be pleased with you urging others to switch to others products and then not come back if or when they encounter problems. That's not good business practice. Please give it up.
Sora said:
Vladimir545 said:What happened to the quality management and quality control in Nvidia

Please do so, and then don't come back when AMD has just as many if not worse issues.

FYI: the hotfix is to get issues that were discovered in the very first Release 378 driver (released almost a month ago) to those affected asap, in this case, it was as soon as they were fixed, but happened to have missed stamping and signoff of the 378.66 package.

If you want to whine at someone, go whine at microsoft who left a serious crash bug in their DirectX memory manager for almost a year (10586 - 14393)

you SHOULD stop posting in this forum, because not only are you not an employee of nvidia, you are not a help to anyone on here. I've been watching you for years, and what I've seen is that you are abusive to many people on here. You also are very presumptuous and egocentric. I'm sure that the company would not be pleased with you urging others to switch to others products and then not come back if or when they encounter problems. That's not good business practice. Please give it up.

Posted 02/17/2017 07:50 AM   
[quote]you SHOULD stop posting in this forum[/quote] I'll take your opinion under advisory. [quote]because not only are you not an employee of nvidia[/quote] If you'd bothered paying attention to many of ManuelG's posts, this is not a CSR staffed support forum, you contact nvidia by using the Feedback forms. [quote]You are not a help to anyone on here.[/quote] A persons helpfullness is subjectively valued. I've never seen you post period, so therefore, you have never been a help to anyone and should never post again. [quote]I've been watching you for years[/quote] Theres a legal term for that. [quote]And what I've seen is that you are abusive to many people on here.[/quote] The few official nvidia moderators that keep crapposts off the forum don't seem to agree with you, since I am still here. I respect ManuelG and Amorphous and the others to moderate anything I say that happens to cross a line. Fact is, people such as yourself confuse being told straight with being abused because your precious opinions mean more to you then learning and knowing better. To be frank, posts such as yours are the abusive ones, often stooping to insults and swearing. [quote]You also are very presumptuous and egocentric.[/quote] It's called 'knowing that the grass isn't greener on the other side' [quote]I'm sure that the company would not be pleased with you urging others to switch to others products and then not come back if or when they encounter problems. That's not good business practice. Please give it up.[/quote] I'm quite sure that they don't care. For all the threats people make of jumping ship, I'm sure nvidia is aware of the irony considering AMD's architectural issues and long term driver issues. The majority of nvidia's proft is made before you even receive the card, and most of their profits come from Compute and Workstation rendering products. So get off the train of thought that you paid 'nvidia' money, unless you went on to their web store and bought a founders card, you didn't give money to nvidia period. The money you won't give to them in the future won't make a dent in their profits. Please, enjoy staying in your 'everything is everyone elses fault' frame of mind.
you SHOULD stop posting in this forum

I'll take your opinion under advisory.

because not only are you not an employee of nvidia

If you'd bothered paying attention to many of ManuelG's posts, this is not a CSR staffed support forum, you contact nvidia by using the Feedback forms.

You are not a help to anyone on here.

A persons helpfullness is subjectively valued.
I've never seen you post period, so therefore, you have never been a help to anyone and should never post again.

I've been watching you for years

Theres a legal term for that.

And what I've seen is that you are abusive to many people on here.

The few official nvidia moderators that keep crapposts off the forum don't seem to agree with you, since I am still here. I respect ManuelG and Amorphous and the others to moderate anything I say that happens to cross a line. Fact is, people such as yourself confuse being told straight with being abused because your precious opinions mean more to you then learning and knowing better. To be frank, posts such as yours are the abusive ones, often stooping to insults and swearing.

You also are very presumptuous and egocentric.

It's called 'knowing that the grass isn't greener on the other side'

I'm sure that the company would not be pleased with you urging others to switch to others products and then not come back if or when they encounter problems. That's not good business practice. Please give it up.

I'm quite sure that they don't care.

For all the threats people make of jumping ship, I'm sure nvidia is aware of the irony considering AMD's architectural issues and long term driver issues.

The majority of nvidia's proft is made before you even receive the card, and most of their profits come from Compute and Workstation rendering products. So get off the train of thought that you paid 'nvidia' money, unless you went on to their web store and bought a founders card, you didn't give money to nvidia period. The money you won't give to them in the future won't make a dent in their profits.

Please, enjoy staying in your 'everything is everyone elses fault' frame of mind.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 02/17/2017 08:23 AM   
Sorry Sora but I have to agree with newguy411. You typically aren't of any help. You typically just spam a thread with a response that usually has little to no help. Your replies typically kill threads. You come off as if you're trying to reach 1 million posts on the forum, even if they aren't any help. You dismissed my thread about G-Sync and poor SLI performance and when I asked you for a link where NVIDIA stated they were working to resolve the matter, you shared that you didn't have time to find the link. So you have enough time to spam every single thread with next to meaningless posts but can't take the time to provide facts to back yourself up. Not to mention, you killed my post and considering I've spent over 3.2K on NVIDIA hardware for my rig, I consider you a very annoying pest.
Sorry Sora but I have to agree with newguy411. You typically aren't of any help.

You typically just spam a thread with a response that usually has little to no help. Your replies typically kill threads. You come off as if you're trying to reach 1 million posts on the forum, even if they aren't any help.

You dismissed my thread about G-Sync and poor SLI performance and when I asked you for a link where NVIDIA stated they were working to resolve the matter, you shared that you didn't have time to find the link.

So you have enough time to spam every single thread with next to meaningless posts but can't take the time to provide facts to back yourself up.

Not to mention, you killed my post and considering I've spent over 3.2K on NVIDIA hardware for my rig, I consider you a very annoying pest.

Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.6 GHz
Custom EK Loop
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard
64 GB DDR3 2100 MHz Corsair Platinum RAM
Two Titan X Pascal in SLI
ASUS Swift PG278Q G-Sync Monitor
Corsair AX1200i Power Supply
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Posted 02/17/2017 08:40 AM   
  1 / 15    
Scroll To Top