3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes + Hotkey Editing Support
  2 / 27    
Most of the time, a 3D fix would disable some effects. Can you make it so that when in 2D, the fix dll gets disabled and when in 3D, the dll becomes reenabled? Also if you can detect 3D methods for those who don't have 3Dvision (because the fixes still work for other things), that would be great. Mainly I'm thinking of sbs for vr. A box to made said game borderless fullscreen, because that's essential at least for phone vr, would be cool too.
Most of the time, a 3D fix would disable some effects. Can you make it so that when in 2D, the fix dll gets disabled and when in 3D, the dll becomes reenabled?

Also if you can detect 3D methods for those who don't have 3Dvision (because the fixes still work for other things), that would be great. Mainly I'm thinking of sbs for vr. A box to made said game borderless fullscreen, because that's essential at least for phone vr, would be cool too.

Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Posted 01/14/2017 02:25 AM   
Brilliant work Pauldusler. Thanks for adding the custom install folder option. :)
Brilliant work Pauldusler. Thanks for adding the custom install folder option. :)

Posted 01/14/2017 08:36 AM   
@mrallroy You're welcome :). I would always try changing the name of the fix profile first and when nothing else helps use the custom install path. @Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll. Is borderless fullscreen a feature of 3dmigoto which you can set in the ini file? You can switch output mode (SBS, Top Bottom,..) in hotkey tab with 3dmigoto fixes if you were searching for this option in the application (it's called "enable alternative 3d mode").
@mrallroy You're welcome :). I would always try changing the name of the fix profile first and when nothing else helps use the custom install path.

@Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll.

Is borderless fullscreen a feature of 3dmigoto which you can set in the ini file?
You can switch output mode (SBS, Top Bottom,..) in hotkey tab with 3dmigoto fixes if you were searching for this option in the application (it's called "enable alternative 3d mode").

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 | Core I7-7700K | 16GB RAM | Win10x64
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | 3D Vision 2
BenQ W710ST 3D Vision Projector

Paypal for donations: duselpaul86@gmx.de

Posted 01/14/2017 09:52 AM   
Xcellent application! Thank you very much Pauldusler! I particularly love the output mode switch option. It comes in handy if someone intends to try a 3D fixed game on Oculus Rift, through Bigscreen Beta, or on Gear VR through TrinusVR. I also want to renew my thanks to DarkStarSword for making the SBS, Top Bottom options possible.
Xcellent application! Thank you very much Pauldusler!

I particularly love the output mode switch option. It comes in handy if someone intends to try a 3D fixed game on Oculus Rift, through Bigscreen Beta, or on Gear VR through TrinusVR.

I also want to renew my thanks to DarkStarSword for making the SBS, Top Bottom options possible.

Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-4690k Quad Core
32 Gb RAM
8GB GEFORCE GTX 1080
3D Vision 2
Windows 10 64 Bit
NVidia driver 378.49
SAMSUNG - UE55H8000 Smart 3D 55" Curved
Philips G-Sync 272G
Oculus Rift with Touch controlers

Posted 01/14/2017 02:43 PM   
Aye +1 to Pauldusler and +1 to DarkStarSword for SBS/TnB , as well as all 3D Vision contributors.
Aye

+1 to Pauldusler

and

+1 to DarkStarSword for SBS/TnB , as well as all 3D Vision contributors.

Posted 01/14/2017 02:53 PM   
Wow, that looks really excellent! Great work, I'll give it a try next time I install a fix (everything I'm currently playing is fixed already).
Wow, that looks really excellent! Great work, I'll give it a try next time I install a fix (everything I'm currently playing is fixed already).

Posted 01/14/2017 03:52 PM   
This looks fantastic! Thank you!
This looks fantastic! Thank you!

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel 7700K @ 5.1GHz, 16GB 3600MHz CL15 DDR4 RAM, 2x GTX 1080 SLI, Asus Maximus IX Hero, Sound Blaster ZxR, PCIe Quad SSD, Oculus Rift CV1, DLP Link PGD-150 glasses, ViewSonic PJD6531w 3D DLP Projector @ 1280x800 120Hz native / 2560x1600 120Hz DSR 3D Gaming.

Posted 01/14/2017 08:42 PM   
[quote="Pauldusler"]@Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll. Is borderless fullscreen a feature of 3dmigoto which you can set in the ini file? You can switch output mode (SBS, Top Bottom,..) in hotkey tab with 3dmigoto fixes if you were searching for this option in the application (it's called "enable alternative 3d mode").[/quote] This looks like a great addition, thanks for the work. For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch. This feature would be relatively easy to add to 3Dmigoto however, as it is in the position to determine at launch whether 3D is enabled or not (already knows in fact, to display overlay text properly). It would be possible to have it bypass ShaderFixes in that case as well. Since you are obviously a coder, please don't hesitate to add this or other ideas to 3Dmigoto, we are happy for any help. I am unlikely to get time to be able to do this, so please jump in if you like. For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting. I'm not sure what it would take to add this to 3Dmigoto, haven't looked at the window manager settings. If you are modifying game settings directly however, you can likely add this to specific games that already support borderless fullscreen.
Pauldusler said:@Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll.

Is borderless fullscreen a feature of 3dmigoto which you can set in the ini file?
You can switch output mode (SBS, Top Bottom,..) in hotkey tab with 3dmigoto fixes if you were searching for this option in the application (it's called "enable alternative 3d mode").

This looks like a great addition, thanks for the work.

For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch.

This feature would be relatively easy to add to 3Dmigoto however, as it is in the position to determine at launch whether 3D is enabled or not (already knows in fact, to display overlay text properly). It would be possible to have it bypass ShaderFixes in that case as well.

Since you are obviously a coder, please don't hesitate to add this or other ideas to 3Dmigoto, we are happy for any help. I am unlikely to get time to be able to do this, so please jump in if you like.

For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting.

I'm not sure what it would take to add this to 3Dmigoto, haven't looked at the window manager settings.

If you are modifying game settings directly however, you can likely add this to specific games that already support borderless fullscreen.

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
GTX 970 - i5-4670K@4.2GHz - 12GB RAM - Win7x64+evilKB2670838 - 4 Disk X25 RAID
SAGER NP9870-S - GTX 980 - i7-6700K - Win10 Pro 1607
Latest 3Dmigoto Release
Bo3b's School for ShaderHackers

Posted 01/14/2017 09:08 PM   
Cool thank you. I remember asking for something like this a long time ago here haha. [u][i][b]"For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch."[/b][/i][/u] In the pics, he has the open of 3Dvision activated and it is a checkbox to turn on/off. He could just read from that for 3Dvision. I don't know how he would do it for sbs vr 3D though (for ppl that won't be able to use 3Dvision). [u][i] [b]"For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting. "[/b][/i][/u] Gedosato and Borderless windows gaming do it through directx or opengl dll. This way, internal resolution can remain intact. The other method with doing it through windows, like ahk, (disabling window borders and whatnot) can cause game internal resolution to not work correctly in some games.
Cool thank you. I remember asking for something like this a long time ago here haha.

"For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch."

In the pics, he has the open of 3Dvision activated and it is a checkbox to turn on/off. He could just read from that for 3Dvision. I don't know how he would do it for sbs vr 3D though (for ppl that won't be able to use 3Dvision).

"For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting. "

Gedosato and Borderless windows gaming do it through directx or opengl dll. This way, internal resolution can remain intact.

The other method with doing it through windows, like ahk, (disabling window borders and whatnot) can cause game internal resolution to not work correctly in some games.

Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Posted 01/14/2017 09:33 PM   
[quote="bo3b"][quote="Pauldusler"]@Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll. Is borderless fullscreen a feature of 3dmigoto which you can set in the ini file? You can switch output mode (SBS, Top Bottom,..) in hotkey tab with 3dmigoto fixes if you were searching for this option in the application (it's called "enable alternative 3d mode").[/quote] This looks like a great addition, thanks for the work. For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch. This feature would be relatively easy to add to 3Dmigoto however, as it is in the position to determine at launch whether 3D is enabled or not (already knows in fact, to display overlay text properly). It would be possible to have it bypass ShaderFixes in that case as well. Since you are obviously a coder, please don't hesitate to add this or other ideas to 3Dmigoto, we are happy for any help. I am unlikely to get time to be able to do this, so please jump in if you like. For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting. I'm not sure what it would take to add this to 3Dmigoto, haven't looked at the window manager settings. If you are modifying game settings directly however, you can likely add this to specific games that already support borderless fullscreen.[/quote] I looked in the registry for a key which tells if 3d vision is on / off but could not find any. Nearly all stereoscopic options in nvidia control panel have a registry key but not this one. Or did I miss it?. So I think bo3b is right that the application is at the wrong level to detect this. Either way even if there was a registry key you would have to start 3D Fix Manager first to disable 3D Fixes so the process would only be semi-automatic. Never looked in the 3dmigoto code so far. I was always just impressed what you guys release. Especially the last update with 3D profiles automatically installed when starting a game after a driver update. This makes it so easy now to install fixes. Maybe I take a look into it but so far I have no clue about 3d migoto.
bo3b said:
Pauldusler said:@Shinra358 I will look into it if it's possible to automatically disable installed fixes when 3D Vision is disabled. Maybe there are some registry keys which tell when 3D is enabled / disabled and if a simple rename of the fix-dll would disable the fix (for example d3d11_disabled.dll instead of d3d11.dll.

This looks like a great addition, thanks for the work.

For the auto-disable fix on 2D, that seems like your app would be at the wrong level to notice that, unless you are also hooking the games during launch.

This feature would be relatively easy to add to 3Dmigoto however, as it is in the position to determine at launch whether 3D is enabled or not (already knows in fact, to display overlay text properly). It would be possible to have it bypass ShaderFixes in that case as well.

Since you are obviously a coder, please don't hesitate to add this or other ideas to 3Dmigoto, we are happy for any help. I am unlikely to get time to be able to do this, so please jump in if you like.

For the borderless fullscreen, we have an option to force full-screen mode, but not borderless. That is more of a game option than a DirectX option, or possibly a window manager setting.

I'm not sure what it would take to add this to 3Dmigoto, haven't looked at the window manager settings.

If you are modifying game settings directly however, you can likely add this to specific games that already support borderless fullscreen.

I looked in the registry for a key which tells if 3d vision is on / off but could not find any. Nearly all stereoscopic options in nvidia control panel have a registry key but not this one. Or did I miss it?. So I think bo3b is right that the application is at the wrong level to detect this. Either way even if there was a registry key you would have to start 3D Fix Manager first to disable 3D Fixes so the process would only be semi-automatic.

Never looked in the 3dmigoto code so far. I was always just impressed what you guys release. Especially the last update with 3D profiles automatically installed when starting a game after a driver update. This makes it so easy now to install fixes. Maybe I take a look into it but so far I have no clue about 3d migoto.

Posted 01/15/2017 10:44 AM   
I know it has something to do with nvstlink.exe. In W7 Start> All Programs> Nvidia Corporation> 3D vision there are both start and disable shortcuts that point to this exe. bo3b's bat might help you https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544995/ "REM -- No registry key for Enable stereoscopic 3D checkbox, so we'll directly REM call the activation tool. Change path if this is not correct. REM We call for both 32 bit and 64 bit. If one fails it's not a problem. CALL "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable"
I know it has something to do with nvstlink.exe.

In W7 Start> All Programs> Nvidia Corporation> 3D vision there are both start and disable shortcuts that point to this exe.

bo3b's bat might help you
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544995/

"REM -- No registry key for Enable stereoscopic 3D checkbox, so we'll directly
REM call the activation tool. Change path if this is not correct.
REM We call for both 32 bit and 64 bit. If one fails it's not a problem.

CALL "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable
CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable"

Posted 01/15/2017 12:19 PM   
Eincrou also had some functionality for this in his application "Advanced 3D Vision Configuration", in it's advanced tab "3D enabled on game launch" http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html his code is on github https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8wDMnRFv2c
Eincrou also had some functionality for this in his application "Advanced 3D Vision Configuration", in it's advanced tab "3D enabled on game launch"

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html

his code is on github

Posted 01/15/2017 12:26 PM   
[quote="D-Man11"]Eincrou also had some functionality for this in his application "Advanced 3D Vision Configuration", in it's advanced tab "3D enabled on game launch" http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html his code is on github https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8wDMnRFv2c[/quote] Thanks for your help. Seems like "3D enabled on game launch" is that you don't have to press Strg + T to enable 3d mode when a game starts. Do you know if nvstlink.exe can take other commands than enable / disable? Would be useful if the exe can return the state of 3d vision (on / off). But great to know that there is a shortcut for enabling / disabling 3D Vision with nvstlink.exe. I will keep this in mind and probably integrate this in the application.
D-Man11 said:Eincrou also had some functionality for this in his application "Advanced 3D Vision Configuration", in it's advanced tab "3D enabled on game launch"

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html

his code is on github

Thanks for your help. Seems like "3D enabled on game launch" is that you don't have to press Strg + T to enable 3d mode when a game starts.

Do you know if nvstlink.exe can take other commands than enable / disable? Would be useful if the exe can return the state of 3d vision (on / off).

But great to know that there is a shortcut for enabling / disabling 3D Vision with nvstlink.exe. I will keep this in mind and probably integrate this in the application.

Posted 01/15/2017 06:00 PM   
I really like this, thanks :-) My main suggestion concerns the discovery of installed games. By default the application only finds games with shortcuts on my desktop, and I have to manually add in the custom path field for every other game in the info file. Could you add a feature in to define a set of "search paths" for where games are installed, then you can iterate through them until you find a particular game (or not). I have games installed on C, D, E, F and G drives, as well some odd places for games from Origin, GOG, Uplay etc, none of which are currently picked up by the application. If I could add a list of search paths myself, that is a lot less effort than manually correcting each profile. For example, for steam games I would add in the various paths to the different "SteamLibrary" directories where games are installed (e.g. "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common" etc), and for Origin I could add in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and for GOG I could add in "D:\GOG Games" etc. If I have missed something and there is an easy way to do this already, please let me know!
I really like this, thanks :-)

My main suggestion concerns the discovery of installed games. By default the application only finds games with shortcuts on my desktop, and I have to manually add in the custom path field for every other game in the info file. Could you add a feature in to define a set of "search paths" for where games are installed, then you can iterate through them until you find a particular game (or not). I have games installed on C, D, E, F and G drives, as well some odd places for games from Origin, GOG, Uplay etc, none of which are currently picked up by the application. If I could add a list of search paths myself, that is a lot less effort than manually correcting each profile. For example, for steam games I would add in the various paths to the different "SteamLibrary" directories where games are installed (e.g. "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common" etc), and for Origin I could add in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and "D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" and for GOG I could add in "D:\GOG Games" etc.

If I have missed something and there is an easy way to do this already, please let me know!

Rig: Intel i5-3570K @4.5GHz, 16Gb Ram, SSD, 2xGTX 980 SLI, Win10x64, 3D Vision 2 Asus VG278, Optoma HD66, CyberPowerPC-Fangbook (i7-4810MQ, GTX780M), Driving Force Pro Wheel

3DSolutionGaming: http://www.3dSolutionGaming.com
Helixmod: http://helixmod.blogspot.com
3DMigoto: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki

Posted 01/15/2017 07:02 PM   
[quote="Pauldusler"]Do you know if nvstlink.exe can take other commands than enable / disable? [/quote] Sorry, but that's the extent of my very limited knowledge regarding this.
Pauldusler said:Do you know if nvstlink.exe can take other commands than enable / disable?

Sorry, but that's the extent of my very limited knowledge regarding this.

Posted 01/15/2017 07:59 PM   
  2 / 27    
Scroll To Top