3D Fix Manager - Application for installing 3D Vision Fixes + Hotkey Editing Support
  1 / 17    
[img]http://fixmanager.rentus.de/images/gui.jpg[/img] [img]http://fixmanager.rentus.de/images/hotkeys.jpg[/img] Hi, I want to share an application with you I’ve been working on for a while. It’s called "3D Fix Manager" and the reason I developed it is that I wanted to have a more comfortable way for installing 3D Vision Fixes and an easier method for editing hotkeys in order to change 3D separation / convergence settings. [u]So which features does 3D Fix Manager provide?[/u] [list] [.]Download, install and uninstall 3D Vision fixes with only 1 click[/.] [.]Clear GUI[/.] [.]Comfortable hotkey editing for changing 3d separation / convergence in game[/.] [.]Automatic detection of installed 3D Vision games[/.] [.]Start games directly in 3D Fix Manager[/.] [.]Auto backups of hotkeys / ini files[/.] [.]Auto enable Nvidia Stereosopic 3D when starting a game[/.] [.]Simple activation of Compatibility Mode (also known as Fake 3D) for any DirectX 11 game [/.] [.]Auto installation of 3D profiles with Nvidia Profile Inspector when starting a game[/.] [.]RivaTuner Statistics Server support. Dynamically load or close RTSS when launching a game for improving performance in Stereo 3D[/.] [.]Auto disable 3D Fixes when playing in 2D mode[/.] [.]Auto update for new fixes[/.] [.]Auto update for new program versions[/.] [/list] Currently more than 550 fixes from [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.com[/url] are supported by 3D Fix Manager. This includes Helix Mod (DirectX 9), 3dMigoto (DirectX 11) and OpenGL 3D Vision Wrapper. [u]Limitations:[/u] [list] [.]Hotkey editing is only available for Helix Mod and 3dMigoto fixes at the moment. Hotkey support for OpenGL fixes may come in the future.[/.] [/list] [u]Manual:[/u] [list] [.]A detailed manual can be found here: [url]http://fixmanager.rentus.de[/url]. Please have a look to the section "Problems and Solutions" if you experience any issues[/.] [/list] [u]Download:[/u] [list] [.]You can download the application here: (Version 1.24) [url]http://fixmanager.rentus.de/download.php[/url][/.] [.]Older versions of the application can be downloaded from helixmod-website: [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.de/2017/05/3d-fix-manager.html[/url][/.] [/list] [u]Instructions:[/u] [olist] [.]Extract file archive. If you want to keep old hotkey backups from previous versions then extract the archive over the old program folder and replace files[/.] [.]Optional: Download and install RivaTuner Statistics Server for accessing all features in 3D Fix Manager. RTSS eliminates micro stuttering, reduces input lag and improves frametimes in Stereo 3D mode[/.] [.]Start the application with "3DFixManager.exe"[/.] [.]Optional: Give admin rights to the application (right click on exe / run as admin). The application needs admin rights for installing fixes to protetected folders like c:\program files[/.] [/olist] [u]Known Issues:[/u] [list] [.]Detection of installed games may fail if no corresponding registry keys could be found. To fix this either enable search paths in the application settings or set a custom install path for the individual fix profile. Please have a look in the manual (section "problems and solutions") for a more detailed information on this. [/.] [.]Another reason for not detecting games is when the name of the individual fix profile does not match the title of the game retrieved from the windows registry. Try to rename the fix profile to match exactly what is listed in "Windows Control Panel / Programs"[/.] [/list] [u]Donation:[/u] [list] [.]If you want to support this project you can donate to this PayPal account: duselpaul86@gmx.de[/.] [/list] [u]Notes:[/u] [list] [.]Please help me to improve this application by reporting bugs, wrong / outdated fix profiles or if you have any suggestions. Thank you.[/.] [.]I tested the application a lot and I think it’s in a good state. However I take no responsibility if any damage should occur on your machine by using this application. Use at own risk. :)[/.] [/list]

Hi,

I want to share an application with you I’ve been working on for a while. It’s called "3D Fix Manager" and the reason I developed it is that I wanted to have a more comfortable way for installing 3D Vision Fixes and an easier method for editing hotkeys in order to change 3D separation / convergence settings.

So which features does 3D Fix Manager provide?

• Download, install and uninstall 3D Vision fixes with only 1 click
  • Clear GUI
  • Comfortable hotkey editing for changing 3d separation / convergence in game
  • Automatic detection of installed 3D Vision games
  • Start games directly in 3D Fix Manager
  • Auto backups of hotkeys / ini files
  • Auto enable Nvidia Stereosopic 3D when starting a game
  • Simple activation of Compatibility Mode (also known as Fake 3D) for any DirectX 11 game
  • Auto installation of 3D profiles with Nvidia Profile Inspector when starting a game
  • RivaTuner Statistics Server support. Dynamically load or close RTSS when launching a game for improving performance in Stereo 3D
  • Auto disable 3D Fixes when playing in 2D mode
  • Auto update for new fixes
  • Auto update for new program versions

Currently more than 550 fixes from http://helixmod.blogspot.com are supported by 3D Fix Manager. This includes Helix Mod (DirectX 9), 3dMigoto (DirectX 11) and OpenGL 3D Vision Wrapper.

Limitations:

• Hotkey editing is only available for Helix Mod and 3dMigoto fixes at the moment. Hotkey support for OpenGL fixes may come in the future.

Manual:

• A detailed manual can be found here: http://fixmanager.rentus.de. Please have a look to the section "Problems and Solutions" if you experience any issues

Download:

Instructions:

1. Extract file archive. If you want to keep old hotkey backups from previous versions then extract the archive over the old program folder and replace files

2. Optional: Download and install RivaTuner Statistics Server for accessing all features in 3D Fix Manager. RTSS eliminates micro stuttering, reduces input lag and improves frametimes in Stereo 3D mode

3. Start the application with "3DFixManager.exe"

4. Optional: Give admin rights to the application (right click on exe / run as admin). The application needs admin rights for installing fixes to protetected folders like c:\program files

Known Issues:

• Detection of installed games may fail if no corresponding registry keys could be found. To fix this either enable search paths in the application settings or set a custom install path for the individual fix profile. Please have a look in the manual (section "problems and solutions") for a more detailed information on this.

• Another reason for not detecting games is when the name of the individual fix profile does not match the title of the game retrieved from the windows registry. Try to rename the fix profile to match exactly what is listed in "Windows Control Panel / Programs"

Donation:

• If you want to support this project you can donate to this PayPal account: duselpaul86@gmx.de

Notes:

• Please help me to improve this application by reporting bugs, wrong / outdated fix profiles or if you have any suggestions. Thank you.

• I tested the application a lot and I think it’s in a good state. However I take no responsibility if any damage should occur on your machine by using this application. Use at own risk. :)

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 | Core I7-7700K | 16GB RAM | Win10x64
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | 3D Vision 2

Paypal for donations: duselpaul86@gmx.de

Posted 01/08/2017 04:05 PM   
Wow, cool stuff! Thanks for your contribution and effort!
Wow, cool stuff! Thanks for your contribution and effort!

3D Gaming Rig: CPU: i5 6600K | Mobo: Asus Maximus Hero VIII | RAM: Corsair Dominator 16GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti | 2xSSDs for OS and Apps | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 M2| Case: Corsair C70 | Cooling: Hyper 212+ (Air) | Displays: BenQ XL2420TX & BenQ HT1075 | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Like my fixes? Dontations can be made to: www.paypal.me/DShanz or rshannonca@gmail.com
Like electronic music? Check out: www.soundcloud.com/dj-ryan-king

Posted 01/08/2017 05:20 PM   
Very nice! Thank you very much for the effort put into this.
Very nice!
Thank you very much for the effort put into this.

MB Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
CPU Intel i7 2600k @4,5ghz
ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
RAM Kingston DDR3 4x4gb
OS Windows 10 64bits
TV LG 55UC970
Projector Benq W1300

Posted 01/08/2017 06:00 PM   
This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this. May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either. I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe. Thanks again Pauldusler
This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this.

May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either.

I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe.

Thanks again Pauldusler

Posted 01/08/2017 06:02 PM   
AWESOME work - THANKS alot mate - I'll try it instantly !!
AWESOME work - THANKS alot mate - I'll try it instantly !!

Posted 01/08/2017 06:26 PM   
[quote="mrallroy"]This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this. May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either. I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe. Thanks again Pauldusler[/quote] Hi mrallroy, the application looks in the registry for installed games and install locations. I did not test this game yet because I don't own it yet but maybe there is an error in the fix profile. The game title from the registry is compared against the name in the fix profile. When this name does not exactly match the game is not detected as installed. So maybe the name in the fix profile is wrong (maybe the underline?. Please look in the help section under "PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS". I described this problem there. So you could try to change the game title in the fix profile from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch Dogs 2? (In steam store it's with "_". Could you please look for the name in windows control panel / programs and tell me the exact name? I will correct it then and ship a fix profile update. I think for the next update I will make a field for custom install paths. So when the game is not found there will be a fallback to the user defined path :)
mrallroy said:This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this.

May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either.

I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe.

Thanks again Pauldusler

Hi mrallroy,

the application looks in the registry for installed games and install locations. I did not test this game yet because I don't own it yet but maybe there is an error in the fix profile. The game title from the registry is compared against the name in the fix profile. When this name does not exactly match the game is not detected as installed. So maybe the name in the fix profile is wrong (maybe the underline?. Please look in the help section under "PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS". I described this problem there. So you could try to change the game title in the fix profile from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch Dogs 2? (In steam store it's with "_". Could you please look for the name in windows control panel / programs and tell me the exact name? I will correct it then and ship a fix profile update.

I think for the next update I will make a field for custom install paths. So when the game is not found there will be a fallback to the user defined path :)

Posted 01/08/2017 06:50 PM   
[quote="Pauldusler"][quote="mrallroy"]This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this. May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either. I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe. Thanks again Pauldusler[/quote] Hi mrallroy, the application looks in the registry for installed games and install locations. I did not test this game yet because I don't own it yet but maybe there is an error in the fix profile. The game title from the registry is compared against the name in the fix profile. When this name does not exactly match the game is not detected as installed. So maybe the name in the fix profile is wrong (maybe the underline?. Please look in the help section under "PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS". I described this problem there. So you could try to change the game title in the fix profile from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch Dogs 2? (In steam store it's with "_". Could you please look for the name in windows control panel / programs and tell me the exact name? I will correct it then and ship a fix profile update. I think for the next update I will make a field for custom install paths. So when the game is not found there will be a fallback to the user defined path :)[/quote] That did the trick. I simply had to rename the game title from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch_Dogs2 and it detected it properly. Thank you very much. :) I do think it would be a great idea, as you stated, to make a custom install path field. I look forward to seeing how you develop this app in the future. BTW - The skin for this app, matching Geforce Experience, looks fantastic!!!
Pauldusler said:

Thanks again Pauldusler

Hi mrallroy,

the application looks in the registry for installed games and install locations. I did not test this game yet because I don't own it yet but maybe there is an error in the fix profile. The game title from the registry is compared against the name in the fix profile. When this name does not exactly match the game is not detected as installed. So maybe the name in the fix profile is wrong (maybe the underline?. Please look in the help section under "PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS". I described this problem there. So you could try to change the game title in the fix profile from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch Dogs 2? (In steam store it's with "_". Could you please look for the name in windows control panel / programs and tell me the exact name? I will correct it then and ship a fix profile update.

I think for the next update I will make a field for custom install paths. So when the game is not found there will be a fallback to the user defined path :)

That did the trick. I simply had to rename the game title from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch_Dogs2 and it detected it properly. Thank you very much. :)

I do think it would be a great idea, as you stated, to make a custom install path field. I look forward to seeing how you develop this app in the future.

BTW - The skin for this app, matching Geforce Experience, looks fantastic!!!

Posted 01/08/2017 07:01 PM   
[quote="mrallroy"][quote="Pauldusler"][quote="mrallroy"]This is amazing! Thank you very much for doing this. May I add a suggestion for the next update? It would be nice to be able to change the install directory of each game in it's individual profile in your app. Example. I have watchdogs 2 installed on a different drive (F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Games\WATCH_DOGS2) than the default install location, thus, the app doesn't detect it as installed. Infact, I don't have many games installed in their default location as I'm sure many of us don't either. I hope that made sense. I just woke up a little while ago and only had one coffee. hehe. Thanks again Pauldusler[/quote] Hi mrallroy, the application looks in the registry for installed games and install locations. I did not test this game yet because I don't own it yet but maybe there is an error in the fix profile. The game title from the registry is compared against the name in the fix profile. When this name does not exactly match the game is not detected as installed. So maybe the name in the fix profile is wrong (maybe the underline?. Please look in the help section under "PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS". I described this problem there. So you could try to change the game title in the fix profile from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch Dogs 2? (In steam store it's with "_". Could you please look for the name in windows control panel / programs and tell me the exact name? I will correct it then and ship a fix profile update. I think for the next update I will make a field for custom install paths. So when the game is not found there will be a fallback to the user defined path :)[/quote] That did the trick. I simply had to rename the game title from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch_Dogs2 and it detected it properly. Thank you very much. :) I do think it would be a great idea, as you stated, to make a custom install path field. I look forward to seeing how you develop this app in the future. BTW - The skin for this app, matching Geforce Experience, looks fantastic!!![/quote] I like the skin from geforce experience very much so I tried to make a similar look :) Next time you start the application there should be a fix update with corrected Watch Dogs2 profile (just confirm with yes twice). Maybe I should kill all whitespaces before comparing the name in the program code xD. This may come in the next update and the field for custom install path. Thanks for the feedback :)
mrallroy said:
Pauldusler said:

Thanks again Pauldusler

Hi mrallroy,

That did the trick. I simply had to rename the game title from Watch_Dogs 2 to Watch_Dogs2 and it detected it properly. Thank you very much. :)

I do think it would be a great idea, as you stated, to make a custom install path field. I look forward to seeing how you develop this app in the future.

BTW - The skin for this app, matching Geforce Experience, looks fantastic!!!

I like the skin from geforce experience very much so I tried to make a similar look :)

Next time you start the application there should be a fix update with corrected Watch Dogs2 profile (just confirm with yes twice). Maybe I should kill all whitespaces before comparing the name in the program code xD. This may come in the next update and the field for custom install path. Thanks for the feedback :)

Posted 01/08/2017 07:24 PM   
Did this thread just disappear?
Did this thread just disappear?

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 5GHz, 1.395V
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 01/08/2017 08:03 PM   
[quote="masterotaku"]Did this thread just disappear?[/quote] Sorry, my account got flagged and my posts were set invisible. I just created a new account to inform you (thread is still available with the searchbox). It seems that the automatic spam filter from nvidia did this (don't know why xD). I Already sent an e-mail to the forum support in the hope that this thread shows up again very soon.
masterotaku said:Did this thread just disappear?

Sorry, my account got flagged and my posts were set invisible. I just created a new account to inform you (thread is still available with the searchbox). It seems that the automatic spam filter from nvidia did this (don't know why xD). I Already sent an e-mail to the forum support in the hope that this thread shows up again very soon.

Posted 01/08/2017 09:54 PM   
In the meantime, I've just bookmarked it.
In the meantime, I've just bookmarked it.

Posted 01/09/2017 12:43 AM   
Avast seems to delete the executable... and is reporting it as a trojan/malware... Don't know why it does that... But I think you should let Avast know about it;) and that is not one;) Awesome job, BTW;)
Avast seems to delete the executable... and is reporting it as a trojan/malware... Don't know why it does that... But I think you should let Avast know about it;) and that is not one;)

Awesome job, BTW;)

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 01/09/2017 01:58 AM   
[quote="helifax"]Avast seems to delete the executable... and is reporting it as a trojan/malware... Don't know why it does that... But I think you should let Avast know about it;) and that is not one;) Awesome job, BTW;)[/quote] Thank you. I'll try to contact avast about it. Maybe they can mark it as "not a virus" ;). Bitdefender and Kaspersky don't raise any alarm however. Still waiting for nvidia to unflag my account. I additionally contacted them in a pinned topic for hidden posts. Hope they unflag my account soon. Otherwise I recreate this topic with my new account in a few days. Maybe the spamfilter didn't like the direct link to the download file or maybe because there was no domain in the link (got a domain now). Now you can reach the help section here: http://fixmanager.rentus.de In the meantime I'm working on a small update for the application :)
helifax said:Avast seems to delete the executable... and is reporting it as a trojan/malware... Don't know why it does that... But I think you should let Avast know about it;) and that is not one;)

Awesome job, BTW;)

Thank you. I'll try to contact avast about it. Maybe they can mark it as "not a virus" ;). Bitdefender and Kaspersky don't raise any alarm however.

Still waiting for nvidia to unflag my account. I additionally contacted them in a pinned topic for hidden posts. Hope they unflag my account soon. Otherwise I recreate this topic with my new account in a few days. Maybe the spamfilter didn't like the direct link to the download file or maybe because there was no domain in the link (got a domain now).

Now you can reach the help section here: http://fixmanager.rentus.de

In the meantime I'm working on a small update for the application :)

Posted 01/09/2017 11:58 PM   
My account was unflagged by nvidia at last :). It was indeed the spam filter which gave a false positive. Hope my account will not get flagged again. In the meantime I have released the first update for the application (version 1.01). You can read the change notes on the download page which is linked in the topic.
My account was unflagged by nvidia at last :). It was indeed the spam filter which gave a false positive. Hope my account will not get flagged again.

In the meantime I have released the first update for the application (version 1.01). You can read the change notes on the download page which is linked in the topic.

Posted 01/13/2017 08:26 PM   
This looks neat. I'll give it a try.
This looks neat. I'll give it a try.

Posted 01/13/2017 11:44 PM   
  1 / 17    
Scroll To Top