GTX 1080 - very minimal view of distance, Pop Ins, Textures disappearing
  1 / 2    
Hello guys, i need some help. At first, this is my system: Win 10 Intel I5 6600K + EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO 8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080 EX OC Edition 16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15 ASRock Z170 Extreme4 Intel Z170 550 Watt Corsair VS Series VS550 Non-Modular 80+ Samsung SSD Evo 840 256 GB 2 x 1 TB USB3 Medion 20094 Monitor Full HD I have issues in nearly every game. Gta 5, almost every Assassins Creed, The Forest... I can reproduce a steady disappearing of textures or a change in quality at a short range around the character. Npcs appear and disappear with one step ahead and back, shadows are getting from squishy to clear and good-textured and so on... Call me naive, but i think this should be right, especially when playing games like Assassins Creed 1... Here are 2 Videos to offer a picture of my problem. My english is not very good, so i hope you can understand what my problem is when viewing them: Gta 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FDmwgQAbs It is not only the grass or the bushes.. whole firestairs, traffic signs etc are doing the same. Same for shadows. Assassins Creed 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7z3pGo_4_Q Many textures are getting from shitty to good within one step. I can reproduce this by doing one step forward and backward all the time, counting for every game with my problem... The Forest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3kDYfXgywU Very good to see at the big rock in front of me... The Forest, 2nd video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCYrnDVLOQQ Please, i think this cant be correct. Any solution for this? :( Greets, Alex
Hello guys,

i need some help. At first, this is my system:

Win 10
Intel I5 6600K + EKL Alpenföhn Brocken ECO
8GB KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080 EX OC Edition
16GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15
ASRock Z170 Extreme4 Intel Z170
550 Watt Corsair VS Series VS550 Non-Modular 80+
Samsung SSD Evo 840 256 GB
2 x 1 TB USB3
Medion 20094 Monitor Full HD

I have issues in nearly every game. Gta 5, almost every Assassins Creed, The Forest... I can reproduce a steady disappearing of textures or a change in quality at a short range around the character. Npcs appear and disappear with one step ahead and back, shadows are getting from squishy to clear and good-textured and so on...

Call me naive, but i think this should be right, especially when playing games like Assassins Creed 1...

Here are 2 Videos to offer a picture of my problem. My english is not very good, so i hope you can understand what my problem is when viewing them:

Gta 5:

It is not only the grass or the bushes.. whole firestairs, traffic signs etc are doing the same. Same for shadows.

Assassins Creed 1:

Many textures are getting from shitty to good within one step. I can reproduce this by doing one step forward and backward all the time, counting for every game with my problem...

The Forest:

Very good to see at the big rock in front of me...

The Forest, 2nd video:

Please, i think this cant be correct. Any solution for this? :(

Greets,

Alex

Posted 01/07/2017 03:30 PM   
Does noone have an idea? :(
Does noone have an idea? :(

Posted 01/08/2017 12:15 AM   
its the game engines.
its the game engines.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 01/08/2017 04:00 AM   
I noticed the same thing in most games, it gets really irritating because these problems almost did not exist in the previous drives. This just happened recently and i only found it out when i Played DAI and that game gave me horrible pop up textures and a very low draw distance. I have seen all possible forms and solutions and so far there is nothing to help this problem. Only advice is play games which have a naturally high LOD
I noticed the same thing in most games, it gets really irritating because these problems almost did not exist in the previous drives. This just happened recently and i only found it out when i Played DAI and that game gave me horrible pop up textures and a very low draw distance. I have seen all possible forms and solutions and so far there is nothing to help this problem. Only advice is play games which have a naturally high LOD

Posted 01/08/2017 07:09 AM   
Phew, really? That is hard. I mean, you buy a High-End-Graphic Card and then u have nearly more bad graphic then before... Any chance to fix this by coming drivers?
Phew, really? That is hard. I mean, you buy a High-End-Graphic Card and then u have nearly more bad graphic then before...

Any chance to fix this by coming drivers?

Posted 01/08/2017 10:26 AM   
these problems always existed, please stop deluding yourself.
these problems always existed, please stop deluding yourself.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 01/08/2017 02:30 PM   
Well i had a Radeon HD6970 before and there i dint have this issues... 600 Euro spend for this, omfg. For that money i think these problems shouldnt appear anyway, although some people here insist on this being absolute okay. Nvidia, where are you?! It makes me crazy to see goode games with a good machine beeing displayed this crappy way.
Well i had a Radeon HD6970 before and there i dint have this issues... 600 Euro spend for this, omfg.

For that money i think these problems shouldnt appear anyway, although some people here insist on this being absolute okay. Nvidia, where are you?! It makes me crazy to see goode games with a good machine beeing displayed this crappy way.

Posted 01/08/2017 04:24 PM   
nvidia are dealing with real issues, not imaginary ones that are limitations of gaming engines.
nvidia are dealing with real issues, not imaginary ones that are limitations of gaming engines.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 01/09/2017 09:16 AM   
This is a real one, otherwise the internet wasn't full of cases like my one. We are talking about many different game engines, but all showing the same problems. So it can't be that easy. In fact i KNOW that these isses are not simple a game programming problem because i didn't had them before - fact. It is not acceptable, think of my imagination what you want.
This is a real one, otherwise the internet wasn't full of cases like my one.

We are talking about many different game engines, but all showing the same problems. So it can't be that easy.

In fact i KNOW that these isses are not simple a game programming problem because i didn't had them before - fact.

It is not acceptable, think of my imagination what you want.

Posted 01/09/2017 02:19 PM   
the internet isn't full of cases of anything, its a handful of deluded whackjobs i can count on both hands. GTA5's only pop in issue involves slow failing hard drives with excessive read errors.
the internet isn't full of cases of anything, its a handful of deluded whackjobs i can count on both hands.

GTA5's only pop in issue involves slow failing hard drives with excessive read errors.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 01/09/2017 02:25 PM   
Gta 5 is running on a Samsung 840 256 GB ssd with very good health, it has nothing to do with that. Please stop insisting without essential piece of background information. Just here in in this forum there are enough threads with this content, even with more than 99 pages. Other forums show a similar picture. You seem to have more than 10 fingers.
Gta 5 is running on a Samsung 840 256 GB ssd with very good health, it has nothing to do with that. Please stop insisting without essential piece of background information.

Just here in in this forum there are enough threads with this content, even with more than 99 pages. Other forums show a similar picture. You seem to have more than 10 fingers.

Posted 01/09/2017 02:49 PM   
Threads mean nothing. 100 people with an issue that everyone else does not have means the issue is on their ends.
Threads mean nothing.

100 people with an issue that everyone else does not have means the issue is on their ends.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 01/09/2017 03:07 PM   
Even if they would be only 100 (what is ridiculous, they are much more), it is an issue. Ok, you have your option. It is ok. But stop being ignorant without contributing something worthy here. So go and search for another thread where you could might help, thx. Any other ideas for this issue? :(
Even if they would be only 100 (what is ridiculous, they are much more), it is an issue.

Ok, you have your option. It is ok. But stop being ignorant without contributing something worthy here. So go and search for another thread where you could might help, thx.

Any other ideas for this issue? :(

Posted 01/09/2017 03:53 PM   
Well, if anyone have an RX or a card from AMD then we can easily test or debunk it. But I can mention that for me GTA5 have always had that LOD as shown in the video ever since it came out on PC, on pretty much all drivers from that year up to today, on both a GTX 980 and the current 1070. I've always thought it's the game engine, and I still does. I've also started DA:I and that also has the same LOD on this 1070 with current drivers as the previous 980 on older drivers. I've seen a couple of threads over the last year stating the same issue and I'm curious as to why? What's happening that for some it's an issue, but for others it's not? Surely it can't just be placebo? Maybe there's an issue somewhere? My 980 have Samsung memory - I think -, and my 1070 have Micron, if that has anything to do with it, most likely not.
Well, if anyone have an RX or a card from AMD then we can easily test or debunk it. But I can mention that for me GTA5 have always had that LOD as shown in the video ever since it came out on PC, on pretty much all drivers from that year up to today, on both a GTX 980 and the current 1070. I've always thought it's the game engine, and I still does. I've also started DA:I and that also has the same LOD on this 1070 with current drivers as the previous 980 on older drivers.

I've seen a couple of threads over the last year stating the same issue and I'm curious as to why? What's happening that for some it's an issue, but for others it's not? Surely it can't just be placebo? Maybe there's an issue somewhere? My 980 have Samsung memory - I think -, and my 1070 have Micron, if that has anything to do with it, most likely not.

GPU MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor 8GB GDDR5
M/B MSI X99S SLI PLUS
CPU Intel® Core™ i7-5820K | Cooler Master Hyper 212X
PSU Cooler Master G750M
RAM Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB 4x4GB DDR4
SSD Crucial MX100 512GB
SSD Crucial MX300 1TB
O/S Microsoft Windows 10 Creators Update 64-bit

Posted 01/09/2017 03:59 PM   
Before i had a Radeon HD 6970, i know there i didnt had these problems. Even when i started my new system with the 1080 there wheren't any issues. But i didnt change anything since then, so i cant say what leads to this problem in the end. It is a problem not only occuring in GtA 5.. also in The Forest, DA:I (as you said, too), all Assassins Creed games, The Withcer 2... summarizing in every Third- or first-Person-Perspectice Game i played already since then. If this would be an all-time problem for me, i should get bothered of this much earlier and not right now, you know what i mean? There is just a big difference in the optical performance, and i want to know why this occurs now and how to fix this. And at last: I compared my peformance with friends of mine and their personal computers. No Lod Issues, not popping textures this extreme way, no shadows getting clear in corners and edges. Edit: So what is an idea of me, for example, is a possible malfunction of the card bios. Just an idea. A wrong command implemented by something softwareside... ? Perhaps not even by the card itself, perhaps there is a problem with the cmos aof the mobo.. i will test this.
Before i had a Radeon HD 6970, i know there i didnt had these problems. Even when i started my new system with the 1080 there wheren't any issues. But i didnt change anything since then, so i cant say what leads to this problem in the end.

It is a problem not only occuring in GtA 5.. also in The Forest, DA:I (as you said, too), all Assassins Creed games, The Withcer 2... summarizing in every Third- or first-Person-Perspectice Game i played already since then.
If this would be an all-time problem for me, i should get bothered of this much earlier and not right now, you know what i mean? There is just a big difference in the optical performance, and i want to know why this occurs now and how to fix this.
And at last: I compared my peformance with friends of mine and their personal computers. No Lod Issues, not popping textures this extreme way, no shadows getting clear in corners and edges.

Edit: So what is an idea of me, for example, is a possible malfunction of the card bios. Just an idea. A wrong command implemented by something softwareside... ?
Perhaps not even by the card itself, perhaps there is a problem with the cmos aof the mobo.. i will test this.

Posted 01/09/2017 04:17 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top