GeForce Experience - Update 3.2.2.49 - Feedback thread
  7 / 17    
[quote="Bluedive"]OK, the feedback I'm providing here is [color="orange"][i]"The forced login is such a bad decision that if it remains part of GFE I will seriously consider not buying NVidia products ever again"[/i][/color]. And by taking a quick look in this feedback thread, I'm not the only one that has provided you this feedback. Requested features: [olist] [.]Remove the forced login requirement; instead make it optional.[/.] [.]Given the fact that even though this version has various fixes many, many bugs still exist, do NOT force updates from GFE 2.x to a version that is worse. [color="green"]First fix, then push[/color]. Golden rule of software development.[/.] [/olist] [/quote] +1 Until the forced login is gone this software is completely useless and my aging GTX 670 is getting replaced by an AMD if this is not addressed. I can't believe the stupidity of the nvidia pr department in this regard. Either that or they just don't know how damaging this will be to them in the long run.
Bluedive said:OK, the feedback I'm providing here is "The forced login is such a bad decision that if it remains part of GFE I will seriously consider not buying NVidia products ever again". And by taking a quick look in this feedback thread, I'm not the only one that has provided you this feedback.

Requested features:
  1. Remove the forced login requirement; instead make it optional.
  2. Given the fact that even though this version has various fixes many, many bugs still exist, do NOT force updates from GFE 2.x to a version that is worse. First fix, then push. Golden rule of software development.

+1
Until the forced login is gone this software is completely useless and my aging GTX 670 is getting replaced by an AMD if this is not addressed.
I can't believe the stupidity of the nvidia pr department in this regard. Either that or they just don't know how damaging this will be to them in the long run.

Posted 01/15/2017 12:51 PM   
This new version still can't record OpenGL games like DOOM 2016(only through "desktop mode")... And why does microphone recording even if it's always off in settings???
This new version still can't record OpenGL games like DOOM 2016(only through "desktop mode")...
And why does microphone recording even if it's always off in settings???

Core I7 870
TERMALRIGHT ARCHON SB-E X2
ASUS SABERTOOTH 55i (Bios 2101)
8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 2133
ASUS GTX670-DC2OG-2GD5
SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB
SEAGATE BARRACUDA ST3000DM001
DELL U2412M (Rev A01)
SEASONIC X850 GOLD
COOLER MASTER HAF 932
CREATIVE AUDIGY SE
WIN 10.0.15063 Pro x64 UA

Posted 01/15/2017 03:12 PM   
Everytime I download and install GFE Vers. 3.?, it constantly fails to run! If it starts, it fails in minutes. I would like to have the OLD version, where you didn't have to 'sign in' as I don't intend to: stream/chat/other, with it. All I liked it for was the quick Optimization baseline! Sometimes less is MORE!
Everytime I download and install GFE Vers. 3.?, it constantly fails to run! If it starts, it fails in minutes. I would like to have the OLD version, where you didn't have to 'sign in' as I don't intend to: stream/chat/other, with it. All I liked it for was the quick Optimization baseline! Sometimes less is MORE!

Botz R 4 Snotz!

My Rig:
Windows 10 64bit
AMD Bulldozer 8150 @ 4.4Ghz
Sabertooth 990FX R2
GPU: GTX 970
Physx: as above
32 Gb DDR3 @ 1920Hz
OCZ 850w PSU
Antec 900 case
steelseries Merc STEALTH K/brd
Mad Catz R.A.T.7 Mouse

Posted 01/15/2017 06:46 PM   
[quote="Zombirate"][quote="Gametaku"]How do i "add status/feeling" via Geforce Experience when live broadcasting to Facebook? Like the example below - "playing Mass Effect Andromeda." [img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/abc546d70a2d4baf9f726107dfa0ffd2.png[/img][/quote] Pretty sure that was photoshopped or some shit because you can't broadcast to pages. Another lie from these asshats. [/quote] can someone confirm if this is true?
Zombirate said:
Gametaku said:How do i "add status/feeling" via Geforce Experience when live broadcasting to Facebook? Like the example below - "playing Mass Effect Andromeda."

Pretty sure that was photoshopped or some shit because you can't broadcast to pages. Another lie from these asshats.

can someone confirm if this is true?

Posted 01/16/2017 04:45 AM   
Geforce Experience overlay breaks "Xbox 360 controller emulator" the games i tried are Assassin's Creed I and II, which I need x360CE to support my xbox 360 wireless controller with overlay ON no response to any button i pressed after i quit the game and turn off the share overlay in geforce experience, everything become work again. please fix, as i want to use both share function and also the x360ce for my controller
Geforce Experience overlay breaks "Xbox 360 controller emulator"

the games i tried are Assassin's Creed I and II, which I need x360CE to support my xbox 360 wireless controller

with overlay ON no response to any button i pressed

after i quit the game and turn off the share overlay in geforce experience, everything become work again.

please fix, as i want to use both share function and also the x360ce for my controller

Posted 01/16/2017 08:39 AM   
[quote="Gametaku"][quote="Zombirate"][quote="Gametaku"]How do i "add status/feeling" via Geforce Experience when live broadcasting to Facebook? Like the example below - "playing Mass Effect Andromeda." [img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/abc546d70a2d4baf9f726107dfa0ffd2.png[/img][/quote] Pretty sure that was photoshopped or some shit because you can't broadcast to pages. Another lie from these asshats. [/quote] can someone confirm if this is true?[/quote] Hey guys, This is Henry, product manager for GeForce Experience. The game attribution, "playing Mass Effect Andromeda" is a feature that's released - however, each game has to match with a corresponding facebook page - if there is no official Facebook page, then we can't link it at the moment - this is Facebook's policy. However, if there is an official Facebook page, then let us know and we will look into it and fix it. As for broadcasting to "pages" - this was an unreleased feature that we quickly put together. The feature is planned and when it's ready, we will release it. Any other recommendations on how we can improve this feature is appreciated.
Gametaku said:
Zombirate said:
Gametaku said:How do i "add status/feeling" via Geforce Experience when live broadcasting to Facebook? Like the example below - "playing Mass Effect Andromeda."

Pretty sure that was photoshopped or some shit because you can't broadcast to pages. Another lie from these asshats.

can someone confirm if this is true?

Hey guys,
This is Henry, product manager for GeForce Experience.

The game attribution, "playing Mass Effect Andromeda" is a feature that's released - however, each game has to match with a corresponding facebook page - if there is no official Facebook page, then we can't link it at the moment - this is Facebook's policy. However, if there is an official Facebook page, then let us know and we will look into it and fix it.

As for broadcasting to "pages" - this was an unreleased feature that we quickly put together. The feature is planned and when it's ready, we will release it.

Any other recommendations on how we can improve this feature is appreciated.

Posted 01/16/2017 08:07 PM   
[quote="Henry@Nvidia"]Any other recommendations on how we can improve this feature is appreciated.[/quote] Make the capture utility Shadow Play a standalone. Or just like AMD is doing it in your face, no login required to use all their utilities.
Henry@Nvidia said:Any other recommendations on how we can improve this feature is appreciated.

Make the capture utility Shadow Play a standalone.

Or just like AMD is doing it in your face, no login required to use all their utilities.

3D Vision must live! NVIDIA, don't let us down!

Posted 01/17/2017 12:29 AM   
[quote="leelaa15"][quote="AegisKleais"]Thanks for the suggestion on reading the log, but I tried to enable it, it stayed at OFF, and no log files updated its MODIFIED date. So it seems the app itself isn't even "Erroring", it just refuses to do what I'm telling it.[/quote] Uninstall your GFE and gpu driver. Reinstall the driver from the website and not through GFE. Install GFE once done give it a go and see if it works. [/quote] I've done this 2x, won't do it again. It isn't a resolve for my issue. nVidia doesn't know what's causing the issue.
leelaa15 said:
AegisKleais said:Thanks for the suggestion on reading the log, but I tried to enable it, it stayed at OFF, and no log files updated its MODIFIED date. So it seems the app itself isn't even "Erroring", it just refuses to do what I'm telling it.

Uninstall your GFE and gpu driver. Reinstall the driver from the website and not through GFE.
Install GFE once done give it a go and see if it works.

I've done this 2x, won't do it again. It isn't a resolve for my issue. nVidia doesn't know what's causing the issue.

Posted 01/17/2017 01:39 AM   
[quote="Bluedive"]Hi Josh, Troy or any other NVidia representative. So, looks like you either didn't see my last post or you can't remember which question I was referring to. That's OK; as promised a repost especially for you. I would like to get an answer to this though. [b]So again I ask, again, please be clear. Clarify the plans NVidia has with the forced login. And remember stating "I have nothing to add" is a just a reply wheras I'm looking for an answer. [size="L"][color="orange"][u]PLEASE! Reply with A, B, C, D, E or F to this post[/u][/color][/b]. [/size] [b]The forced login in GeForce Experience is[/b]: [list] [.]A - here to stay. We consider this a vital part of GeForce Experience.[/.] [.]B - will be changed to an optional login in future releases. Users w/o an account will only have access to offline features like driver download and game optimization (like in GFE 2).[/.] [.]C - is currently under consideration. We may change this in the future but right now it's too early to tell.[/.] [.]D - will likely be removed in future releases.[/.] [.]E - for reasons we cannot disclose we cannot answer this question at this moment, but we will definitely do so in the near future.[/.] [.]F - for reasons we can/will not disclose we can/will not answer this question.[/.] [/list] [color="green"]Best wishes to you all this year and let us hope that this year NVidia's communication with its customers will be better than the year before.[/color][/quote]I'll take this one. The answer is A. I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms. To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse. I'm a developer on the GeForce Experience team. I don't speak PR, I can only give you my honest opinion. We are trying to build a product that's useful to you, and that offers powerful features when you need them and doesn't otherwise bog down your machine when you don't. Except for when things get real busy I read every single question, complaint, message, and response posted here. We do take feedback very seriously, and every request is tracked meticulously on a giant roadmap. Often we can't roll out features as quickly as you would like us to, because we decided to address one of the other big complaints first and improve stability and robustness so that GeForce Experience and the Share overlay run smoothly and without issues for everybody. I know it's hard, but try to be patient. We don't have hundreds of developers working on this, but we will be rolling out minor and major releases regularly throughout the entire year and beyond. We are fully committed to keep improving GeForce Experience until there is nothing left to complain about :-)
Bluedive said:Hi Josh, Troy or any other NVidia representative.

So, looks like you either didn't see my last post or you can't remember which question I was referring to. That's OK; as promised a repost especially for you. I would like to get an answer to this though.

So again I ask, again, please be clear. Clarify the plans NVidia has with the forced login.
And remember stating "I have nothing to add" is a just a reply wheras I'm looking for an answer.

PLEASE! Reply with A, B, C, D, E or F to this post

The forced login in GeForce Experience is:
  • A - here to stay. We consider this a vital part of GeForce Experience.
  • B - will be changed to an optional login in future releases. Users w/o an account will only have access to offline features like driver download and game optimization (like in GFE 2).
  • C - is currently under consideration. We may change this in the future but right now it's too early to tell.
  • D - will likely be removed in future releases.
  • E - for reasons we cannot disclose we cannot answer this question at this moment, but we will definitely do so in the near future.
  • F - for reasons we can/will not disclose we can/will not answer this question.

Best wishes to you all this year and let us hope that this year NVidia's communication with its customers will be better than the year before.
I'll take this one. The answer is A.

I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms.

To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse.

I'm a developer on the GeForce Experience team. I don't speak PR, I can only give you my honest opinion. We are trying to build a product that's useful to you, and that offers powerful features when you need them and doesn't otherwise bog down your machine when you don't. Except for when things get real busy I read every single question, complaint, message, and response posted here. We do take feedback very seriously, and every request is tracked meticulously on a giant roadmap. Often we can't roll out features as quickly as you would like us to, because we decided to address one of the other big complaints first and improve stability and robustness so that GeForce Experience and the Share overlay run smoothly and without issues for everybody.

I know it's hard, but try to be patient. We don't have hundreds of developers working on this, but we will be rolling out minor and major releases regularly throughout the entire year and beyond. We are fully committed to keep improving GeForce Experience until there is nothing left to complain about :-)

NVIDIA GeForce Experience Team

Posted 01/17/2017 01:59 AM   
[quote="Sascha@NVIDIA"][quote="Bluedive"]Hi Josh, Troy or any other NVidia representative. So, looks like you either didn't see my last post or you can't remember which question I was referring to. That's OK; as promised a repost especially for you. I would like to get an answer to this though. [b]So again I ask, again, please be clear. Clarify the plans NVidia has with the forced login. And remember stating "I have nothing to add" is a just a reply wheras I'm looking for an answer. [size="L"][color="orange"][u]PLEASE! Reply with A, B, C, D, E or F to this post[/u][/color][/b]. [/size] [b]The forced login in GeForce Experience is[/b]: [list] [.]A - here to stay. We consider this a vital part of GeForce Experience.[/.] [.]B - will be changed to an optional login in future releases. Users w/o an account will only have access to offline features like driver download and game optimization (like in GFE 2).[/.] [.]C - is currently under consideration. We may change this in the future but right now it's too early to tell.[/.] [.]D - will likely be removed in future releases.[/.] [.]E - for reasons we cannot disclose we cannot answer this question at this moment, but we will definitely do so in the near future.[/.] [.]F - for reasons we can/will not disclose we can/will not answer this question.[/.] [/list] [color="green"]Best wishes to you all this year and let us hope that this year NVidia's communication with its customers will be better than the year before.[/color][/quote]I'll take this one. The answer is A. I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms. To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse. I'm a developer on the GeForce Experience team. I don't speak PR, I can only give you my honest opinion. We are trying to build a product that's useful to you, and that offers powerful features when you need them and doesn't otherwise bog down your machine when you don't. Except for when things get real busy I read every single question, complaint, message, and response posted here. We do take feedback very seriously, and every request is tracked meticulously on a giant roadmap. Often we can't roll out features as quickly as you would like us to, because we decided to address one of the other big complaints first and improve stability and robustness so that GeForce Experience and the Share overlay run smoothly and without issues for everybody. I know it's hard, but try to be patient. We don't have hundreds of developers working on this, but we will be rolling out minor and major releases regularly throughout the entire year and beyond. We are fully committed to keep improving GeForce Experience until there is nothing left to complain about :-)[/quote] Thank you for clarifying, and also for the insight into what you guys are actually doing. I have a question though; could we by any chance perhaps get regular updates from you guys on what's being worked on? Say like a weekly quick post as to what's being worked on, and what's near done. Would be nice to hear more from you all as opposed to getting an update and being all "well, crap" when the feature you want isn't in it.
Sascha@NVIDIA said:
Bluedive said:Hi Josh, Troy or any other NVidia representative.

So, looks like you either didn't see my last post or you can't remember which question I was referring to. That's OK; as promised a repost especially for you. I would like to get an answer to this though.

So again I ask, again, please be clear. Clarify the plans NVidia has with the forced login.
And remember stating "I have nothing to add" is a just a reply wheras I'm looking for an answer.

PLEASE! Reply with A, B, C, D, E or F to this post

The forced login in GeForce Experience is:
  • A - here to stay. We consider this a vital part of GeForce Experience.
  • B - will be changed to an optional login in future releases. Users w/o an account will only have access to offline features like driver download and game optimization (like in GFE 2).
  • C - is currently under consideration. We may change this in the future but right now it's too early to tell.
  • D - will likely be removed in future releases.
  • E - for reasons we cannot disclose we cannot answer this question at this moment, but we will definitely do so in the near future.
  • F - for reasons we can/will not disclose we can/will not answer this question.

Best wishes to you all this year and let us hope that this year NVidia's communication with its customers will be better than the year before.
I'll take this one. The answer is A.

I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms.

To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse.

I'm a developer on the GeForce Experience team. I don't speak PR, I can only give you my honest opinion. We are trying to build a product that's useful to you, and that offers powerful features when you need them and doesn't otherwise bog down your machine when you don't. Except for when things get real busy I read every single question, complaint, message, and response posted here. We do take feedback very seriously, and every request is tracked meticulously on a giant roadmap. Often we can't roll out features as quickly as you would like us to, because we decided to address one of the other big complaints first and improve stability and robustness so that GeForce Experience and the Share overlay run smoothly and without issues for everybody.

I know it's hard, but try to be patient. We don't have hundreds of developers working on this, but we will be rolling out minor and major releases regularly throughout the entire year and beyond. We are fully committed to keep improving GeForce Experience until there is nothing left to complain about :-)

Thank you for clarifying, and also for the insight into what you guys are actually doing. I have a question though; could we by any chance perhaps get regular updates from you guys on what's being worked on? Say like a weekly quick post as to what's being worked on, and what's near done. Would be nice to hear more from you all as opposed to getting an update and being all "well, crap" when the feature you want isn't in it.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Black Edition @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1050Ti | RAM: 8GB 1600MHz Crucial | MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M LX3 | WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bit

Posted 01/17/2017 02:09 AM   
[quote="Zombirate"]Thank you for clarifying, and also for the insight into what you guys are actually doing. I have a question though; could we by any chance perhaps get regular updates from you guys on what's being worked on? Say like a weekly quick post as to what's being worked on, and what's near done. Would be nice to hear more from you all as opposed to getting an update and being all "well, crap" when the feature you want isn't in it.[/quote]Personally I would love that, and I'm a big advocate for transparency. I would love for us to be more like open source and other projects with public facing bug tracking systems where you can easily see what the status of something is, and where you know your feedback isn't just going down a black hole. Unfortunately that isn't up to me, Henry who commented a few posts up is your guy for that. But he will probably tell you this: The more we talk about unreleased features, the more we lock ourselves into delivering what was promised, which can get tricky. Our roadmap right now is very fluid, with things being in progress in parallel for the next several releases, and sometimes we don't know if a feature needs to be pushed out to another release until we completed our internal testing on it and know whether it's stable enough to release. Sometimes we hold features for strategic reasons or to align with a certain product launch etc. which also prevents us from talking about things we want to reveal when the time is right. I can tell you that broadcasting to a Facebook page is coming, Henry already said that above. We're looking into adding more third party services in the future to provide easy access to the most widely used social networks worldwide. We're also taking a close look at optimizing our workflows to make it easier to access the most common features with fewer clicks and more intuitively. And of course we're working on new features both from the popular wishlist as well as some of our own ideas. Stay tuned!
Zombirate said:Thank you for clarifying, and also for the insight into what you guys are actually doing. I have a question though; could we by any chance perhaps get regular updates from you guys on what's being worked on? Say like a weekly quick post as to what's being worked on, and what's near done. Would be nice to hear more from you all as opposed to getting an update and being all "well, crap" when the feature you want isn't in it.
Personally I would love that, and I'm a big advocate for transparency. I would love for us to be more like open source and other projects with public facing bug tracking systems where you can easily see what the status of something is, and where you know your feedback isn't just going down a black hole.

Unfortunately that isn't up to me, Henry who commented a few posts up is your guy for that. But he will probably tell you this: The more we talk about unreleased features, the more we lock ourselves into delivering what was promised, which can get tricky. Our roadmap right now is very fluid, with things being in progress in parallel for the next several releases, and sometimes we don't know if a feature needs to be pushed out to another release until we completed our internal testing on it and know whether it's stable enough to release. Sometimes we hold features for strategic reasons or to align with a certain product launch etc. which also prevents us from talking about things we want to reveal when the time is right.

I can tell you that broadcasting to a Facebook page is coming, Henry already said that above. We're looking into adding more third party services in the future to provide easy access to the most widely used social networks worldwide. We're also taking a close look at optimizing our workflows to make it easier to access the most common features with fewer clicks and more intuitively. And of course we're working on new features both from the popular wishlist as well as some of our own ideas. Stay tuned!

NVIDIA GeForce Experience Team

Posted 01/17/2017 02:58 AM   
I think that they are taking the infamous Valve approach. All I want from GeForce experience is to improve Shadowplay. That is all I care about. Shadowplay is the reason why I bought Nvidia card. Don't stab these customers in the back with poor updates please. I also have a question that I am not sure if it will be answered. Why are not all games supported by Shadowplay? For example, why is cod2 not? Or any other unsupported game. All you have to do is brute force enable application capture when program/game is started. Add an option in settings to manually start recording in desktop mode if the game is not supported, and then change it back when you exit the game. edit: Sascha is actually trying to explain stuff now so maybe not Valve PR level. Since you are so generous right now, and you internally know how Shadowplay/GeFrorce Experience works, is my mention above far fetched? Why not manually select which game should be recorded in desktop mode, for example new Doom which runs Vulkan (not supported by Shadowplay), or older games like Call of Duty 2?
I think that they are taking the infamous Valve approach. All I want from GeForce experience is to improve Shadowplay. That is all I care about. Shadowplay is the reason why I bought Nvidia card. Don't stab these customers in the back with poor updates please.

I also have a question that I am not sure if it will be answered. Why are not all games supported by Shadowplay? For example, why is cod2 not? Or any other unsupported game. All you have to do is brute force enable application capture when program/game is started. Add an option in settings to manually start recording in desktop mode if the game is not supported, and then change it back when you exit the game.

edit: Sascha is actually trying to explain stuff now so maybe not Valve PR level. Since you are so generous right now, and you internally know how Shadowplay/GeFrorce Experience works, is my mention above far fetched? Why not manually select which game should be recorded in desktop mode, for example new Doom which runs Vulkan (not supported by Shadowplay), or older games like Call of Duty 2?

Posted 01/17/2017 03:06 AM   
[quote="Sascha@NVIDIA"]I'll take this one. The answer is A. I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms. To the conspiracy theorists, this has nothing to do with spying, tracking, or other nefarious activities. When we decided to reboot GeForce Experience with version 3.0 to fulfill the vision we have in mind for it we had a tough decision to make, but think about it: How much worse would it have been to release 3.0 without the login requirement, and then add it on with version 3.3, or 3.5, or 3.8? That would have been even worse. I'm a developer on the GeForce Experience team. I don't speak PR, I can only give you my honest opinion. We are trying to build a product that's useful to you, and that offers powerful features when you need them and doesn't otherwise bog down your machine when you don't. Except for when things get real busy I read every single question, complaint, message, and response posted here. We do take feedback very seriously, and every request is tracked meticulously on a giant roadmap. Often we can't roll out features as quickly as you would like us to, because we decided to address one of the other big complaints first and improve stability and robustness so that GeForce Experience and the Share overlay run smoothly and without issues for everybody. I know it's hard, but try to be patient. We don't have hundreds of developers working on this, but we will be rolling out minor and major releases regularly throughout the entire year and beyond. We are fully committed to keep improving GeForce Experience until there is nothing left to complain about :-)[/quote] Grats for at least giving a clear answer this time, even if it's not the one I wanted to hear. I will tell you, I'm purely only with nvidia because of 3D Vision, which you have kind of abandonned in many ways, not promoting it like before, not encouraging devs to support it, no more profiles update, etc. and this suck. And now with your GFE thing which was kind of cool when I tried ShadowPlay months ago just kept getting worse. If you look at your said list, probably well down at the bottom with lowest priority there should be me asking saying many times that ShadowPlay is mostly useless for 3D Vision users and you never did change that. I won't relist why since you have all the info already, including broadcasting to youtube gaming requiring again to log in instead of just using rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 and let us enter our key. The global login thing was the nail in the coffin because we all know you could well offer ShadowPlay and then some without requiring to login. AMD just did it and laughed at you in their promo. It's not everyone who wants rewards, who need to stream, who have a Shield and such [b]but you are inflexible, just stubborn[/b]. You're trying to tell us it would be impossible to redo without the mandatory login, guys what kind of engineers are you? That cannot be the real reason. Someone somewhere know the truth. But whatever now. Like I previously said I just keep reading from time to time... just in case the guru leader among you just give up on this bad idea.
Sascha@NVIDIA said:I'll take this one. The answer is A.

Grats for at least giving a clear answer this time, even if it's not the one I wanted to hear.

I will tell you, I'm purely only with nvidia because of 3D Vision, which you have kind of abandonned in many ways, not promoting it like before, not encouraging devs to support it, no more profiles update, etc. and this suck.

And now with your GFE thing which was kind of cool when I tried ShadowPlay months ago just kept getting worse. If you look at your said list, probably well down at the bottom with lowest priority there should be me asking saying many times that ShadowPlay is mostly useless for 3D Vision users and you never did change that. I won't relist why since you have all the info already, including broadcasting to youtube gaming requiring again to log in instead of just using rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 and let us enter our key.

The global login thing was the nail in the coffin because we all know you could well offer ShadowPlay and then some without requiring to login. AMD just did it and laughed at you in their promo. It's not everyone who wants rewards, who need to stream, who have a Shield and such but you are inflexible, just stubborn.

You're trying to tell us it would be impossible to redo without the mandatory login, guys what kind of engineers are you? That cannot be the real reason. Someone somewhere know the truth.

But whatever now. Like I previously said I just keep reading from time to time... just in case the guru leader among you just give up on this bad idea.

3D Vision must live! NVIDIA, don't let us down!

Posted 01/17/2017 03:21 AM   
[quote="Sascha@NVIDIA"]I'll take this one. The answer is A. I've explained this before in other posts, but here it is again in a nutshell: Login is what establishes the link between your system and the rest of the GeForce ecosystem. That's how we establish the connection that lets you stream from your PC to your Shield. That's how you redeem GeForce Experience rewards into your account. It's what lets you stream games from GeForce Now to your PC. And it's how we will enable many other features in the future to give you the most seamless experience across your different devices and platforms.[/quote] Thanks for clarifying. I can't say I like the outcome, but I appreciate that the question has been answered. I find it interesting that features like streaming from a PC to a Shield requires a login when other products like Apple's AirPlay doesn't require any login to use. There's other ways of establishing a secure link between networked devices that don't require some third party server. At least with Steam it's justifiable because you're downloading games from a central service. It seems akin to requiring a login for an extra long HDMI cable, which seems absurd. If the login is here to stay, that disappoints me. I really liked ShadowPlay. I was excited to see how the product would improve. But the login rubs me the wrong way, as does the redesign of ShadowPlay. Looks like my next graphics solution will not be from nvidia.
Sascha@NVIDIA said:I'll take this one. The answer is A.

Thanks for clarifying. I can't say I like the outcome, but I appreciate that the question has been answered.

I find it interesting that features like streaming from a PC to a Shield requires a login when other products like Apple's AirPlay doesn't require any login to use. There's other ways of establishing a secure link between networked devices that don't require some third party server. At least with Steam it's justifiable because you're downloading games from a central service. It seems akin to requiring a login for an extra long HDMI cable, which seems absurd.

If the login is here to stay, that disappoints me. I really liked ShadowPlay. I was excited to see how the product would improve. But the login rubs me the wrong way, as does the redesign of ShadowPlay. Looks like my next graphics solution will not be from nvidia.

Posted 01/17/2017 05:23 AM   
Apologies if this has been posted already, but are you guys aware of the resolution issues with GFE and Battlefield 1 as well as SWBF? The issue seems to be that these 2 games start in a 1280x720 window before switching to the preferred resolution, and GFE then only captures footage at 1280x720 resolution. Another issue I've found is if I choose any other resolution setting than 'In Game' in Instant Replay settings, the whole video becomes glitchy.
Apologies if this has been posted already, but are you guys aware of the resolution issues with GFE and Battlefield 1 as well as SWBF?
The issue seems to be that these 2 games start in a 1280x720 window before switching to the preferred resolution, and GFE then only captures footage at 1280x720 resolution.
Another issue I've found is if I choose any other resolution setting than 'In Game' in Instant Replay settings, the whole video becomes glitchy.

Posted 01/17/2017 08:46 AM   
  7 / 17    
Scroll To Top