Ridiculous new Geforce Now pricing
  3 / 3    
I agree with scafidmj. I thought I don't have to buy PC for gaming and keep my Macbook Air gaming throught GFN, but if it will be $25 for 20 hours I won't use it. First of all, I am from Kazakhstan/Russia and we have an alternative called Playkey, servers are near and ping is less. Secondly, I don't need an ultra graphic. I would rather play medium settings, but without lags and paying less. I have never thought about buying 1070 or even 1080 to just play games, it's not profitably. Thirdly, in my region we don't often buy games. I started buying games only for multiplayer or online streaming platforms(such as GFN or Playkey). A lot of people won't use GFN because of it's price. You are not only paying $25/20hours, but you also should get a good Wi-Fi router or USB-Ethernet adapter, a good Internet connection and paid games. Sorry for my English.
I agree with scafidmj. I thought I don't have to buy PC for gaming and keep my Macbook Air gaming throught GFN, but if it will be $25 for 20 hours I won't use it.

First of all, I am from Kazakhstan/Russia and we have an alternative called Playkey, servers are near and ping is less.
Secondly, I don't need an ultra graphic. I would rather play medium settings, but without lags and paying less. I have never thought about buying 1070 or even 1080 to just play games, it's not profitably.
Thirdly, in my region we don't often buy games. I started buying games only for multiplayer or online streaming platforms(such as GFN or Playkey). A lot of people won't use GFN because of it's price. You are not only paying $25/20hours, but you also should get a good Wi-Fi router or USB-Ethernet adapter, a good Internet connection and paid games.

Sorry for my English.

Posted 12/10/2017 12:20 AM   
I was going to buy a macbook pro, and then i saw geforce now and i got hyped, i was so damn happy about this feature. i thought " it'd be like 10-15$ a month" , and then i saw the pricing... srsly? 25$ for 10 hours? why? now i'm disappointed and i'm not going to even go near geforce now.
I was going to buy a macbook pro, and then i saw geforce now and i got hyped, i was so damn happy about this feature.
i thought " it'd be like 10-15$ a month" , and then i saw the pricing... srsly? 25$ for 10 hours? why?
now i'm disappointed and i'm not going to even go near geforce now.

Posted 12/14/2017 12:01 AM   
Well the service is still in beta and free, the prices were orientative and they can decide to change it in every moment. When beta finish and they publish the real prices will be the momment to talk about it, but raise so many critiques to something that is totally orientative and perhaps nothing to do with the final price has no sense. Wait until beta finish and then we will see.
Well the service is still in beta and free, the prices were orientative and they can decide to change it in every moment. When beta finish and they publish the real prices will be the momment to talk about it, but raise so many critiques to something that is totally orientative and perhaps nothing to do with the final price has no sense. Wait until beta finish and then we will see.

Posted 12/14/2017 01:04 PM   
I would expect the prices to be along the lines of [url=https://liquidsky.com/#pricing]Liquid Sky[/url]. They offer 25 hours for $9.99. But it is dependent on how much processing / GPU power you want. You can halve the number of hours if you want double the vCPU cores and vGPU RAM.
I would expect the prices to be along the lines of Liquid Sky.
They offer 25 hours for $9.99. But it is dependent on how much processing / GPU power you want. You can halve the number of hours if you want double the vCPU cores and vGPU RAM.

Posted 12/14/2017 07:19 PM   
I just bought a Mac instead of Razer because I knew I could play on my Mac with this OSOM service, Hats off for you guys. But the price is just ridiculous, I mean, That would be maybe a "fair price" for a month!, regardless if you played 1 hour or 200 hours. the thing is, as I read before, you won't be able to fully experience the game, you just advance trough cut scenes and other stuff in trade of more gameplay. I would definitely unsubscribe from this service if thats the final price.
I just bought a Mac instead of Razer because I knew I could play on my Mac with this OSOM service, Hats off for you guys. But the price is just ridiculous, I mean, That would be maybe a "fair price" for a month!, regardless if you played 1 hour or 200 hours. the thing is, as I read before, you won't be able to fully experience the game, you just advance trough cut scenes and other stuff in trade of more gameplay. I would definitely unsubscribe from this service if thats the final price.

Posted 12/15/2017 03:12 AM   
I was really excited about this service being a mac user, but the price is too high for me. Even 25 hours for 9.99 might be a questionable decision on my part. Might just buy a xbox. My understanding is that if it's too cheap to start, the servers would have too much load. The beta already has a waiting list. I guess it's about fitting the consumer to the server. No one buys prices have to go down. Everyone buys prices have to go up. Supply and demand. At the right price I'd consider it but I will be in no rush to pay 25 dollars for 20 hours lol
I was really excited about this service being a mac user, but the price is too high for me. Even 25 hours for 9.99 might be a questionable decision on my part. Might just buy a xbox.

My understanding is that if it's too cheap to start, the servers would have too much load. The beta already has a waiting list. I guess it's about fitting the consumer to the server. No one buys prices have to go down. Everyone buys prices have to go up. Supply and demand. At the right price I'd consider it but I will be in no rush to pay 25 dollars for 20 hours lol

Posted 01/01/2018 06:23 AM   
I can only chime in with the previous posters, GFN is a great service but to perfectly honest, I don't know who calculated the current price figure was a fair value, I just don't see how it's competitive to buying a new computer instead- it would been one thing if Blizzard offered the games for free as part of the subscription but seeing as you pay for them yourself now... at least to me there is no value in GFN once it's out of beta.
I can only chime in with the previous posters, GFN is a great service but to perfectly honest, I don't know who calculated the current price figure was a fair value, I just don't see how it's competitive to buying a new computer instead- it would been one thing if Blizzard offered the games for free as part of the subscription but seeing as you pay for them yourself now... at least to me there is no value in GFN once it's out of beta.

Posted 01/11/2018 02:21 AM   
$25 for 20 hours is too high for me too. As a Mac game GeForce Now is light in the tunnel's end but I don't think I am willing to pay that much for it. Better finish Witcher 3 before the beta ends.
$25 for 20 hours is too high for me too. As a Mac game GeForce Now is light in the tunnel's end but I don't think I am willing to pay that much for it. Better finish Witcher 3 before the beta ends.

Posted 01/18/2018 10:51 AM   
  3 / 3    
Scroll To Top