Metal support under Sierra is completely broken
Whenever I load an app that uses Metal, I see the following errors in my console: [code] error 21:45:51.419682 +1100 kernel Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(1552)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not error 21:45:51.425661 +1100 kernel Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(1552)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not default 21:45:51.426085 +1100 iBooks Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not [/code] It looks like the kernel extensions associated with the Web Drivers are improperly signed, and quite a few 3D functions are broken. Try opening a book in iBooks.app, or using Instruments.app (bundled with Xcode) - the window shadow renders, but that's it.
Whenever I load an app that uses Metal, I see the following errors in my console:

error	21:45:51.419682 +1100	kernel	Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(1552)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not
error 21:45:51.425661 +1100 kernel Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(1552)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not
default 21:45:51.426085 +1100 iBooks Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

It looks like the kernel extensions associated with the Web Drivers are improperly signed, and quite a few 3D functions are broken. Try opening a book in iBooks.app, or using Instruments.app (bundled with Xcode) - the window shadow renders, but that's it.

Posted 11/11/2016 10:49 AM   
Same issue. GTX950 NVIDIA Web Driver: 367.15.10.15.f01 Should Back to previous driver version ? [code] 2016-11-29 13:52:20.638 Instruments[17664:348351] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer. Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer. Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow. [/code]
Same issue.
GTX950
NVIDIA Web Driver: 367.15.10.15.f01

Should Back to previous driver version ?

2016-11-29 13:52:20.638 Instruments[17664:348351] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

Posted 11/29/2016 10:50 AM   
Same problem here. Ibooks and instruments.app are broken since macOS Sierra release. GTX 970 macOS 10.12.1
Same problem here. Ibooks and instruments.app are broken since macOS Sierra release.
GTX 970 macOS 10.12.1

Posted 12/14/2016 11:40 AM   
I have the exact same problem. Intruments and iBooks seems to be broken. iBooks will display a transparent window as soon as you open a book and Instruments will display the same transparent window as soon as you choose a profiling template. Here are some screenshots of the problem: [url]https://imgur.com/a/K4Dy1[/url] EDIT: I am using macOS 10.12.2 and the nVidia Web Driver 367.15.10.25f01
I have the exact same problem. Intruments and iBooks seems to be broken.

iBooks will display a transparent window as soon as you open a book and Instruments will display the same transparent window as soon as you choose a profiling template.

Here are some screenshots of the problem: https://imgur.com/a/K4Dy1

EDIT: I am using macOS 10.12.2 and the nVidia Web Driver 367.15.10.25f01

Posted 01/26/2017 10:42 AM   
Nvidia: Is there any possibility of this getting fixed? As best I can tell it is an issue with applications that are code signed with library validation enabled. Library validation blocks the loading of third party libraries into the application's process, this means it only allows things that are signed by the same team as the app or 'system signed'. Unfortunately it seems the Nvidia opengl/metal bundles count as 'third party' since they aren't signed by apple/without a team. I get that this is probably a complex issue to solve and may even involve Apple; can it at least be called out as a limitation in release notes? I also suspect we will start seeing more and more applications signed with library validation...
Nvidia: Is there any possibility of this getting fixed? As best I can tell it is an issue with applications that are code signed with library validation enabled. Library validation blocks the loading of third party libraries into the application's process, this means it only allows things that are signed by the same team as the app or 'system signed'. Unfortunately it seems the Nvidia opengl/metal bundles count as 'third party' since they aren't signed by apple/without a team.

I get that this is probably a complex issue to solve and may even involve Apple; can it at least be called out as a limitation in release notes? I also suspect we will start seeing more and more applications signed with library validation...

Posted 04/11/2017 03:12 AM   
Similar problem when using opendiff/FileMerge (i'm on 10.12.5 with 378.05.05.15f01) : [code] opendiff a.txt b.txt 2017-05-17 20:14:42.460 FileMerge[5005:655598] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find: /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer. Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer. Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow. [/code] and the console shows this message from the kernel at that time: [code] error kernel Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'FileMerge(5046)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not [/code]
Similar problem when using opendiff/FileMerge (i'm on 10.12.5 with 378.05.05.15f01) :

opendiff a.txt b.txt 
2017-05-17 20:14:42.460 FileMerge[5005:655598] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

and the console shows this message from the kernel at that time:
error	kernel	Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'FileMerge(5046)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Posted 05/18/2017 03:17 AM   
Does Nvidia check these forums?
Does Nvidia check these forums?

Posted 05/19/2017 12:31 PM   
try this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-driver-kernel-patch-geforcemtldriverweb-can-work.231823/ or this: https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix
Scroll To Top