nvlddmkm when gaming
  1 / 2    
Hello all, I have been getting the following error when I am playing games. It will continue to tell me that the driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Now since I have already used DDU and reformatted my drive I continue to receive this error however I no longer crash out in one game. The following error messages and event IDS were in windows event viewer at the times the driver crashed. System Specs: Processor: I7 Unlocked 4.0GHz Memory: 16GB Graphics card's: EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked OS: Windows 10 Home Log Name: System Source: Display Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:15 PM Event ID: 4101 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:51 PM Event ID: 13 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video12 Graphics Exception: Class 0x0 Subchannel 0x0 Mismatch the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:51 PM Event ID: 13 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video12 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x4041b0=0x0 the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:51 PM Event ID: 13 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video12 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404000=0x80000002 the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table I would really appreciate your help. Thank you,
Hello all,

I have been getting the following error when I am playing games. It will continue to tell me that the driver has stopped responding and has recovered. Now since I have already used DDU and reformatted my drive I continue to receive this error however I no longer crash out in one game. The following error messages and event IDS were in windows event viewer at the times the driver crashed.

System Specs:
Processor: I7 Unlocked 4.0GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics card's: EVGA GTX 660 Ti Superclocked

Log Name: System
Source: Display
Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:15 PM
Event ID: 4101
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 10/21/2016 9:38:51 PM
Event ID: 13
Level: Error
Computer:
Description:
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception: Class 0x0 Subchannel 0x0 Mismatch

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Computer:
Description:
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x4041b0=0x0

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Computer:
Description:

\Device\Video12
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x404000=0x80000002

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Posted 10/22/2016 03:27 AM   
. Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] Power Supply, Make and Model? ============================= Run DDU [.]Have it reboot in to Safe mode[/.] [.]Run DDU if it does not auto start[/.] [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean and Restart[/.] Back in Normal Mode, Go [url=https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930]here[/url] [.]Use the Show / Hide tool to hide any NVIDIA updates[/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/359.06/359.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe]359.06[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] NVCP > Manage 3D settings > Power Management Mode > Prefer Maximum [win]+[x] > Power Option > Change what Power Button does(left) >Change setting ... unavailable [.]Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup[/.] [.]Uncheck Sleep[/.] [.]Uncheck Hibernate[/.] [.]Save Changes[/.] [win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance [win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance : Change Power Setting [.]HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER[/.] [.]Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER[/.] [.][color="orange"]PCI Express[/color] - Link : off[/.] [.]Apply[/.] .

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

Power Supply, Make and Model?

=============================

Run DDU
  • Have it reboot in to Safe mode
  • Run DDU if it does not auto start
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean and Restart

• Back in Normal Mode, Go here
  • Use the Show / Hide tool to hide any NVIDIA updates

• Download this 359.06 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• NVCP > Manage 3D settings > Power Management Mode > Prefer Maximum

[win]+[x] > Power Option > Change what Power Button does(left) >Change setting ... unavailable
  • Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup
  • Uncheck Sleep
  • Uncheck Hibernate
  • Save Changes

• [win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance

[win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance : Change Power Setting
  • HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER
  • Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER
  • PCI Express - Link : off
  • Apply

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 10/22/2016 02:08 PM   
    PC Power & Cooling ZX Series 1000 Watt 80+ Gold Fully-Modular Active PFC Performance Grade ATX PC Power Supply (OCZ-ZX1000W) Is my current power supply.
    PC Power & Cooling ZX Series 1000 Watt 80+ Gold Fully-Modular Active PFC Performance Grade ATX PC Power Supply (OCZ-ZX1000W) Is my current power supply.

Posted 10/22/2016 04:24 PM   
    Well just tested another game and had the same issue with following the above. Along with the same error event IDS in the event viewer. I will wait once you get a chance to look over speccy. Thank you.
    Well just tested another game and had the same issue with following the above. Along with the same error event IDS in the event viewer. I will wait once you get a chance to look over speccy. Thank you.

Posted 10/22/2016 04:43 PM   
    . Hardware Specification: [quote]OS: Win 10 Home 64-bit (AU) CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz RAM: 2x8GB Cosair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 @ 2133MHz (15-15-15-36) Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1 Monitor: ASUS VE248 (1920x1080@60Hz) GPU EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB SSD1L 128GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 SSD2: 500GB Samsung SSD 840 SSD3: 256GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Optical: ASUS DRW-24B1LT Audio: Creative X-Fi Audio PSU: OCZ ZX1000 1000watt[/quote] How long have you been using Windows 10 on this system prior to this issue appearing? How long have ALL the parts been part of this system? Including the X-Fi audio? When did you update the Motherboard BIOS? And Why? When did the problem start appearing? ================= If you did not clear the BIOS, that is where I would go next. Shutdown the computer. Unplug the computer. Press the power button for 5 seconds. Remove the C2032 battery. Pull the GTX 660 ti Use a pencil eraser on the PCIe connectors Put the GTX 660 ti back in. Use 2 other PCIe connectors for the power. Put the C2032 battery back in. Plug in computer. Press the power button. Enter the BIOS. Load [optimized] Defaults Graphics Display > Primary Graphics: [PEG] == (Try PCIe as the next attempt) Graphics Display > PEG Port Configuration > PCIex16_1 Link Speed: [Gen2] Boot Menu: Fast Boot: [Disabled] Save and Exit. See if that makes any difference. As two more tests: == (Try PCIe as the next attempt) Graphics Display > Primary Graphics: [PCIe] == (Try GPU in PCIex16_2 as another attempt, disable the ASMedia controller) Graphics Display > PEG Port Configuration > PCIex16_2 Link Speed: [Gen2] AsMedia Storage Controller: [Disabled] ======================== Run [url=http://www.hwinfo.com/files/hw64_524.exe]HWInfo64[/url] [.]Sensors Only[/.] [.]Leave it running in the Background[/.] Download [url=http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/3dmark,1.html]3DMark[/url] [.]Install[/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO[/.] [.]Results Shown on a Webpage[/.] [.]Post Link here[/.] [.]Close 3DMark / Firestrike[/.] [.]Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info[/.] [.]Post screenshots of HWinfo64[/.] [center]Do not attempt to [size="S"][ALT]+[Tab][/size] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it[/center] . .

Hardware Specification:
    CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB Cosair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 @ 2133MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    GPU EVGA GTX 660 Ti 3GB
    SSD1L 128GB SAMSUNG SSD 830
    SSD2: 500GB Samsung SSD 840
    SSD3: 256GB SAMSUNG SSD 830
    Optical: ASUS DRW-24B1LT
    Audio: Creative X-Fi Audio
    PSU: OCZ ZX1000 1000watt

How long have you been using Windows 10 on this system prior to this issue appearing?
    How long have ALL the parts been part of this system? Including the X-Fi audio?

When did you update the Motherboard BIOS? And Why?

When did the problem start appearing?

=================

If you did not clear the BIOS, that is where I would go next.

Shutdown the computer.
    Unplug the computer.
    Press the power button for 5 seconds.

Remove the C2032 battery.
    Pull the GTX 660 ti
    Use a pencil eraser on the PCIe connectors
    Put the GTX 660 ti back in.
    Use 2 other PCIe connectors for the power.
    Put the C2032 battery back in.

Plug in computer.
    Press the power button.
    Enter the BIOS.

Load [optimized] Defaults
    Graphics Display > Primary Graphics: [PEG]
    == (Try PCIe as the next attempt)
    Graphics Display > PEG Port Configuration > PCIex16_1 Link Speed: [Gen2]
    Boot Menu: Fast Boot: [Disabled]
    Save and Exit.

See if that makes any difference.

As two more tests:
    == (Try PCIe as the next attempt)
    Graphics Display > Primary Graphics: [PCIe]
    == (Try GPU in PCIex16_2 as another attempt, disable the ASMedia controller)
    Graphics Display > PEG Port Configuration > PCIex16_2 Link Speed: [Gen2]
    AsMedia Storage Controller: [Disabled]

========================

Run HWInfo64
  • Sensors Only
  • Leave it running in the Background

• Download 3DMark
  • Install
  • Run it
  • Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO
  • Results Shown on a Webpage
  • Post Link here

• Close 3DMark / Firestrike
  • Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info
  • Post screenshots of HWinfo64

• Do not attempt to [ALT]+[Tab] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 10/22/2016 06:06 PM   
    I upgraded to Windows 10 in June when the issue started appearing I would say in July. The X-Fi Audio card has been around since 2011 and I have not had a problem or issue with this card. I updated the motherboard this year to chance the processor as the 4.0GHz would not fit the socket in the previous motherboard. I am currently Running Bios version 2202 that was released last month. No other updates so far. Previous Bios was 1902 from July. SSD drives were added in the last two years and migrated from spinning disks. Graphics cards are from 2012
    I upgraded to Windows 10 in June when the issue started appearing I would say in July.

The X-Fi Audio card has been around since 2011 and I have not had a problem or issue with this card.

I updated the motherboard this year to chance the processor as the 4.0GHz would not fit the socket in the previous motherboard. I am currently Running Bios version 2202 that was released last month. No other updates so far. Previous Bios was 1902 from July.

SSD drives were added in the last two years and migrated from spinning disks. Graphics cards are from 2012

Posted 10/22/2016 06:21 PM   
    Well the Benchmark would not run and would say canceled by user even though I would leave it run. Screenshot of HWinfo is at the following link. http://imgur.com/rgLsSkc
    Well the Benchmark would not run and would say canceled by user even though I would leave it run.

Screenshot of HWinfo is at the following link. http://imgur.com/rgLsSkc

Posted 10/22/2016 07:23 PM   
    . [quote]Well the Benchmark would not run and would say canceled by user even though I would leave it run.[/quote] Are you running something like an OC software prior to testing? Reboot the Computer and try ti after that. If it still ""cancelled by User"" please get me screenshots of: [quote] [win]+[x] > Task Manager > Startup(tab)[/quote] Disable the RosettaStone Startup / Service. Disable the Origin Startup / Service =========================== July was the Release of New Nvidia Drivers and the Windows 10 AU. Your Reinstall appears to be AU again. The AU may be the issue. .

Well the Benchmark would not run and would say canceled by user even though I would leave it run.
    Are you running something like an OC software prior to testing?

Reboot the Computer and try ti after that.

If it still ""cancelled by User"" please get me screenshots of:
    [win]+[x] > Task Manager > Startup(tab)

Disable the RosettaStone Startup / Service.
    Disable the Origin Startup / Service

===========================

July was the Release of New Nvidia Drivers and the Windows 10 AU. Your Reinstall appears to be AU again.

The AU may be the issue.

Posted 10/22/2016 09:27 PM   
    I did not see the startup for the programs listed under the tack manager. Also when I run the benchmark again I get two new errors in the event viewer. Event ID 13: Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10/22/2016 9:59:43 PM Event ID: 13 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 Graphics Exception : SKEDCHECK23_CONSTANT_BUFFER_SIZE failed the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table Event ID 13: Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10/22/2016 9:59:43 PM Event ID: 13 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: \Device\Video3 Graphics Exception: ESR 0x407020=0x80 0x407028=0x200 0x40702c=0x2001322 the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table Task Manager Startup Screen Shot: http://imgur.com/Y1Zo7BQ
    I did not see the startup for the programs listed under the tack manager.

Also when I run the benchmark again I get two new errors in the event viewer.

Event ID 13:

Date: 10/22/2016 9:59:43 PM
    Computer:
    Description:

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception : SKEDCHECK23_CONSTANT_BUFFER_SIZE failed

Event ID 13:

Date: 10/22/2016 9:59:43 PM
    Computer:
    Description:

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x407020=0x80 0x407028=0x200 0x40702c=0x2001322

Task Manager Startup Screen Shot: http://imgur.com/Y1Zo7BQ

Posted 10/23/2016 12:07 AM   
    . Both Rosetta and Origin have Services as well, those need to be disable. Gave three tests to try with hte BIOS settings, how did those go? Remove the X-Fi from the Computer, disable the Startup Enter for CTXfihlp. See if that changes the issues. ============================= When you originally installed Windows 10, did you use a DVD / USB media to install it? Cause you are presently using the Windows 10 AU, which has been known to cause issues. IF you still have the Original media, you may need to Reinstall using it and do not update to the AU version. .

Both Rosetta and Origin have Services as well, those need to be disable.

Gave three tests to try with hte BIOS settings, how did those go?

Remove the X-Fi from the Computer, disable the Startup Enter for CTXfihlp.

See if that changes the issues.

=============================

When you originally installed Windows 10, did you use a DVD / USB media to install it? Cause you are presently using the Windows 10 AU, which has been known to cause issues. IF you still have the Original media, you may need to Reinstall using it and do not update to the AU version.

Posted 10/23/2016 12:40 AM   
    I did try the settings earlier with the sound card installed and was not able to procede with the test. I managed to get a test score with the sound card pulled and the Gen 2 settings. Here is the Link. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15600383 I will try an place the sound card back in the machine and try to the the test again with the GEN 2 settings. Will update.
    I did try the settings earlier with the sound card installed and was not able to procede with the test. I managed to get a test score with the sound card pulled and the Gen 2 settings. Here is the Link.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15600383

I will try an place the sound card back in the machine and try to the the test again with the GEN 2 settings. Will update.

Posted 10/23/2016 01:59 AM   
    . Progress. .

Progress.

Posted 10/23/2016 02:09 AM   
    Well I have tried with the sound card installed and managed to complete the test. Link is below. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15600547 So is there a reason I have to use the Gen 2 setting or does this allow us to fix what is wrong? Or would I just be better using a newer graphics card?
    Well I have tried with the sound card installed and managed to complete the test. Link is below.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15600547

So is there a reason I have to use the Gen 2 setting or does this allow us to fix what is wrong? Or would I just be better using a newer graphics card?

Posted 10/23/2016 02:14 AM   
    Just tested it again with both cards in the machine and managed to run Great. Here is the benchmark link http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15601873 Also adding a link to a new HW64info http://imgur.com/anf9Rxw
    Just tested it again with both cards in the machine and managed to run Great. Here is the benchmark link

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15601873

Also adding a link to a new HW64info

http://imgur.com/anf9Rxw

Posted 10/23/2016 04:03 AM   
    . Make sure that all PCI/PCIe are using [Gen2], if you look at the Last 3DMark Score you put in, there is an error in Time Measurement. [Gen2] is specifically the Generation of the card.....like PCIe 1.0 [Gen1] / PCIe 2.0 [Gen2] / PCIe 3.0 [Gen3] Also, if the error cannot be cleared, try the second 660 in the first slot as a single and see if the error appears in 3DMark. Try the 660 SLI without the X-Fi card to see if the error is still there. .

Make sure that all PCI/PCIe are using [Gen2], if you look at the Last 3DMark Score you put in, there is an error in Time Measurement.

[Gen2] is specifically the Generation of the card.....like PCIe 1.0 [Gen1] / PCIe 2.0 [Gen2] / PCIe 3.0 [Gen3]

Also, if the error cannot be cleared, try the second 660 in the first slot as a single and see if the error appears in 3DMark.

Try the 660 SLI without the X-Fi card to see if the error is still there.

Posted 10/23/2016 02:37 PM   
      1 / 2    
    Scroll To Top