372.54 Game Ready - Ansel Feedback Thread (Released 8/15/16)
  1 / 3    
[b]QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS[/b] [b]Q: What driver is required for Ansel?[/b] Please make sure you update your driver to 372.54 [b]Q: What games currently support Ansel?[/b] Mirror's Edge Catalyst, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and The Witness [b]Q: How do I use Ansel for the supported games? [/b] While in Ansel-supported game, hit Alt+F2. Your captures will be saved in your Videos directory. [b]Q: What Ansel Features are included in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt? [/b] Free Camera - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to compose your shot from any angle. The free camera allows gamers to move around the main character’s environment. Gamers can also pan, tilt, and adjust the field of view. Post-Processing - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to adjust the look and mood. With 6 included pre-sets filters as well as a custom mode for customization. Super Resolution(Beta) - Capture every detail with the highest resolution images 360 Capture - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to snap 360-degree panorama images in mono or stereo mode. [b]Q: Can i see some examples of Super Resolution? [/b] http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel/super-resolution-gallery [b]Q: What's the max resolution for Super Resolution? [/b] We support max resolution of .JPG format (65K max height or width) [u]Monitor Resolution[/u]------[u]Super Resolution[/u] 1920 x 1080----------------63,360 x 35,640 (x33) 2560 x 1440----------------64,000 x 36,000 (x25) 3840 x 2160----------------61,440 x 34,560 (x16) [b]Q: What Ansel Features are included in Mirror's Edge Catalyst? [/b] Free Camera - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to compose your shot from any angle. The free camera allows gamers to move around the main character’s environment. Gamers can also pan, tilt, and adjust the field of view. Post-Processing - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to adjust the look and mood. With 6 included pre-sets filters as well as a custom mode for customization. 360 Capture - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to snap 360-degree panorama images in mono or stereo mode. [b]Q: How do i change the output folder for Ansel? [/b] One option is to change your default folders. Go into your NVIDIA Corporation Folder > Ansel > Tools and open up NvCameraConfiguration tool. You can change the default temporary and output folders. [b]Q: Does Ansel support SLI?[/b] Support for SLI is coming soon. In the meantime, disable your additional GPUs and Ansel will be enabled. [b]Q: What games will support Ansel? [/b] Our Ansel technology is coming soon to a number of top games, including Epic Games' Fortnite, Paragon and Unreal Tournament, Cyan Worlds' Obduction, Thekla’s The Witness, Boss Key Productions’ Lawbreakers, Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s The Division, and the highly-anticipated No Man’s Sky from Hello Games. Q: Secret Menu NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger. We do not support resolutions beyond the default settings. Use at your own risk! Q: Known Issues We discovered a bug where SLI users will encounter flickering in Ansel. We are fixing this for our next driver release If Ansel doesn't work and you have the latest drivers and game patch, do the following: 1) Go to: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\ 2) Open NvCameraConfiguration: NvCamera status > enable > save
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q: What driver is required for Ansel?
Please make sure you update your driver to 372.54

Q: What games currently support Ansel?
Mirror's Edge Catalyst, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and The Witness

Q: How do I use Ansel for the supported games?
While in Ansel-supported game, hit Alt+F2. Your captures will be saved in your Videos directory.

Q: What Ansel Features are included in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?
Free Camera - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to compose your shot from any angle. The free camera allows gamers to move around the main character’s environment. Gamers can also pan, tilt, and adjust the field of view.
Post-Processing - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to adjust the look and mood. With 6 included pre-sets filters as well as a custom mode for customization.
Super Resolution(Beta) - Capture every detail with the highest resolution images
360 Capture - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to snap 360-degree panorama images in mono or stereo mode.

Q: Can i see some examples of Super Resolution?
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel/super-resolution-gallery

Q: What's the max resolution for Super Resolution?
We support max resolution of .JPG format (65K max height or width)

Monitor Resolution------Super Resolution
1920 x 1080----------------63,360 x 35,640 (x33)
2560 x 1440----------------64,000 x 36,000 (x25)
3840 x 2160----------------61,440 x 34,560 (x16)

Q: What Ansel Features are included in Mirror's Edge Catalyst?
Free Camera - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to compose your shot from any angle. The free camera allows gamers to move around the main character’s environment. Gamers can also pan, tilt, and adjust the field of view.
Post-Processing - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to adjust the look and mood. With 6 included pre-sets filters as well as a custom mode for customization.
360 Capture - NVIDIA Ansel enables gamers to snap 360-degree panorama images in mono or stereo mode.

Q: How do i change the output folder for Ansel?
One option is to change your default folders. Go into your NVIDIA Corporation Folder > Ansel > Tools and open up NvCameraConfiguration tool. You can change the default temporary and output folders.

Q: Does Ansel support SLI?
Support for SLI is coming soon. In the meantime, disable your additional GPUs and Ansel will be enabled.

Q: What games will support Ansel?
Our Ansel technology is coming soon to a number of top games, including Epic Games' Fortnite, Paragon and Unreal Tournament, Cyan Worlds' Obduction, Thekla’s The Witness, Boss Key Productions’ Lawbreakers, Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s The Division, and the highly-anticipated No Man’s Sky from Hello Games.

Q: Secret Menu
NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger. We do not support resolutions beyond the default settings. Use at your own risk!

Q: Known Issues
We discovered a bug where SLI users will encounter flickering in Ansel. We are fixing this for our next driver release

If Ansel doesn't work and you have the latest drivers and game patch, do the following:
1) Go to: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\
2) Open NvCameraConfiguration: NvCamera status > enable > save

Posted 08/16/2016 05:00 AM   
I am so addicted to it!: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154295815396125&set=a.127059211124.138013.641081124&type=3&theater Also there some bugs, which is understandable for a first release. Sometimes Snapped photos do not save in the filters, they are saved in their default colors.
I am so addicted to it!: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154295815396125&set=a.127059211124.138013.641081124&type=3&theater

Also there some bugs, which is understandable for a first release. Sometimes Snapped photos do not save in the filters, they are saved in their default colors.

Posted 08/16/2016 09:01 PM   
It seems to me that the NvCameraConfigurationTool would be better implemented into NVCP?
It seems to me that the NvCameraConfigurationTool would be better implemented into NVCP?

Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus
CPU: Intel 4670K @4.4Ghz @1.285v / Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB (388.31)
RAM: 16GB 2x8 Kingston HyperX FURY @1866Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650
SSD: 60GB Kingston SSDNow V300
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda
SSHD: 2TB Seagate Firecuda
Case: NZXT H440 White (Modded for more Airflow)
M1 : HP2311x via HDMI (GTX 1070)
M2 : HP2311x via DVID (GTX 1070)

Peripherals: Logitech G27, G240, G502, G633, G810, C920, Z553

Posted 08/16/2016 10:32 PM   
NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger.
NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger.

Posted 08/16/2016 10:36 PM   
[quote="Henry@Nvidia"]NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger. [/quote] Ahh, well that makes sense then. Now I feel special XD Thank you guys for your work.
Henry@Nvidia said:NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger.

Ahh, well that makes sense then. Now I feel special XD

Thank you guys for your work.

Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus
CPU: Intel 4670K @4.4Ghz @1.285v / Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB (388.31)
RAM: 16GB 2x8 Kingston HyperX FURY @1866Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650
SSD: 60GB Kingston SSDNow V300
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda
SSHD: 2TB Seagate Firecuda
Case: NZXT H440 White (Modded for more Airflow)
M1 : HP2311x via HDMI (GTX 1070)
M2 : HP2311x via DVID (GTX 1070)

Peripherals: Logitech G27, G240, G502, G633, G810, C920, Z553

Posted 08/16/2016 10:48 PM   
Screen flickering only in Ansel? both witcher and Mirros edge? anyone else have this problem? this is the first driver that Ansel actually activates and now this? seriously frustrating I76950X Sli-GTX titan pascal 1-GTX - 1080 ded PhysX (VR SLI) MSI god like gaming carbon 64mb ram ddr3000 latest NVidia driver
Screen flickering only in Ansel? both witcher and Mirros edge? anyone else have this problem? this is the first driver that Ansel actually activates and now this? seriously frustrating

I76950X
Sli-GTX titan pascal
1-GTX - 1080 ded PhysX (VR SLI)
MSI god like gaming carbon
64mb ram ddr3000
latest NVidia driver

Intel 6950x Deca Core
64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000
2-way SLi GTX Titan X Pascal
1-GTX1080 Founders (dedicated PhysX)(VR-SLI Enabled)
MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon x99
M.2 512gb flash
2tb Samsung 850 solid state
Asus Rog swift pg279q 1440p, 165hz

Posted 08/17/2016 02:17 AM   
I've installed the driver and installed it again and I still get no Ansel support in Witcher 3 (which is updated to latest version), and what's worse - I don't have an "Ansel" directory in neither "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation". I'm using Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update, and I have an Asus GTX 980 STRIX card. P.S. The extracted driver folder (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\372.54\Win10_64\International) DOES have the folder "NvCamera" (which seems to be Ansel) but it's not installing it for some reason. Edit 2: The problem is in the installer. I use "Custom Settings" because I don't want/need the 3D Vision drivers, and there's no option to manually select "Ansel" in the installer so I just assumed it's in the driver - it's not. You MUST select "Express Install" to get Ansel to install, it will not install otherwise. Note to Nvidia: Please add the Ansel installer as a seperate option in the Custom Installation options. Thanks!
I've installed the driver and installed it again and I still get no Ansel support in Witcher 3 (which is updated to latest version), and what's worse - I don't have an "Ansel" directory in neither "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation".
I'm using Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update, and I have an Asus GTX 980 STRIX card.

P.S.
The extracted driver folder (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\372.54\Win10_64\International) DOES have the folder "NvCamera" (which seems to be Ansel) but it's not installing it for some reason.

Edit 2:
The problem is in the installer. I use "Custom Settings" because I don't want/need the 3D Vision drivers, and there's no option to manually select "Ansel" in the installer so I just assumed it's in the driver - it's not. You MUST select "Express Install" to get Ansel to install, it will not install otherwise.

Note to Nvidia: Please add the Ansel installer as a seperate option in the Custom Installation options.
Thanks!

Posted 08/17/2016 04:41 AM   
Seen it too! changed to newest drivers and 'gulp' used GFE to configure game and now okay [quote="HearthStoneKingKrush"]Screen flickering only in Ansel? both witcher and Mirros edge? anyone else have this problem? this is the first driver that Ansel actually activates and now this? seriously frustrating I76950X Sli-GTX titan pascal 1-GTX - 1080 ded PhysX (VR SLI) MSI god like gaming carbon 64mb ram ddr3000 latest NVidia driver[/quote]
Seen it too! changed to newest drivers and 'gulp' used GFE to configure game and now okay

HearthStoneKingKrush said:Screen flickering only in Ansel? both witcher and Mirros edge? anyone else have this problem? this is the first driver that Ansel actually activates and now this? seriously frustrating

I76950X
Sli-GTX titan pascal
1-GTX - 1080 ded PhysX (VR SLI)
MSI god like gaming carbon
64mb ram ddr3000
latest NVidia driver

1 X MSI 1080ti Gamer X
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 @3.68GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
Intel 240Gb 510 SSD
2 x Seagate ST3750528AS 750Gb @ 7200rpm
2 x 24" 144Hz 1920 x 1080 monitors

Posted 08/17/2016 04:55 AM   
AMbio - your not alone, Nvidia is aware of the issue, I had a month long ongoing support ticket open which we literally did everything possible to get ansel working all the way to full partition deleting and formatting the entire PC with no luck, only until this latest driver did it start working however the flickering deems it borderline useless....... Stay strong [quote="Ambi0us"]I've installed the driver and installed it again and I still get no Ansel support in Witcher 3 (which is updated to latest version), and what's worse - I don't have an "Ansel" directory in neither "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation". I'm using Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update, and I have an Asus GTX 980 STRIX card. P.S. The extracted driver folder (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\372.54\Win10_64\International) DOES have the folder "NvCamera" (which seems to be Ansel) but it's not installing it for some reason.[/quote]
AMbio - your not alone, Nvidia is aware of the issue, I had a month long ongoing support ticket open which we literally did everything possible to get ansel working all the way to full partition deleting and formatting the entire PC with no luck, only until this latest driver did it start working however the flickering deems it borderline useless....... Stay strong

Ambi0us said:I've installed the driver and installed it again and I still get no Ansel support in Witcher 3 (which is updated to latest version), and what's worse - I don't have an "Ansel" directory in neither "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation".
I'm using Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update, and I have an Asus GTX 980 STRIX card.

P.S.
The extracted driver folder (C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\372.54\Win10_64\International) DOES have the folder "NvCamera" (which seems to be Ansel) but it's not installing it for some reason.

Intel 6950x Deca Core
64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000
2-way SLi GTX Titan X Pascal
1-GTX1080 Founders (dedicated PhysX)(VR-SLI Enabled)
MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon x99
M.2 512gb flash
2tb Samsung 850 solid state
Asus Rog swift pg279q 1440p, 165hz

Posted 08/17/2016 05:01 AM   
I'm having similar problems. MY first try at updating driver and Witcher 3 to 1.24, when I attempted to activate Ansel, I got massive screen flicker. I then wiped my drivers with DDU, did a full install of 372.54 again. Now Ansel doesn't work at all. Alt+F2 does nothing in the game. Before, at least it showed up. Granted it wasn't usable due to the flicker, but now..nothing. For reference, I'm on Windows 10 (not anniversary), and 2 GTX 980s in SLI.
I'm having similar problems. MY first try at updating driver and Witcher 3 to 1.24, when I attempted to activate Ansel, I got massive screen flicker. I then wiped my drivers with DDU, did a full install of 372.54 again. Now Ansel doesn't work at all. Alt+F2 does nothing in the game. Before, at least it showed up. Granted it wasn't usable due to the flicker, but now..nothing. For reference, I'm on Windows 10 (not anniversary), and 2 GTX 980s in SLI.

Posted 08/17/2016 11:48 AM   
We discovered a bug where SLI users will encounter flickering in Ansel. We are fixing this for our next driver release

Posted 08/17/2016 05:16 PM   
I've posted this in a few places in hopes i'l get a reply. Is it possible when making 360 images to just see each screenshot individually in a folder ? I only use Microsoft ICE to make my effects but the screenshot accuracy in Ansel is amazing and i want to mix them together.Ansel doesn't give me any option or effects to make something like this . http://www.photographymad.com/files/images/little-planet-photos-1.jpg EDIT: [b]Looks like the program actually stores the screenshots somewhere since it takes a lot of space when taking screenshots , but whats the directory of the individual screenshots ????[/b]
I've posted this in a few places in hopes i'l get a reply.

Is it possible when making 360 images to just see each screenshot individually in a folder ? I only use Microsoft ICE to make my effects but the screenshot accuracy in Ansel is amazing and i want to mix them together.Ansel doesn't give me any option or effects to make something like this .
http://www.photographymad.com/files/images/little-planet-photos-1.jpg

EDIT:
Looks like the program actually stores the screenshots somewhere since it takes a lot of space when taking screenshots , but whats the directory of the individual screenshots ????

Posted 08/17/2016 09:09 PM   
I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.
I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.

Posted 08/18/2016 07:52 AM   
[quote="nopin"]I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.[/quote] have you updated to the latest drivers?
nopin said:I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.

have you updated to the latest drivers?

Posted 08/18/2016 04:57 PM   
[quote="nopin"]I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.[/quote] Q: Secret Menu NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger. We do not support resolutions beyond the default settings. Use at your own risk! You can find it in the Ansel folder under NVIDIA Corporation. there's an option to save the temporary captures prior to stitching.
nopin said:I just started playing around with ansel in Witcher 3. I wanted to take a couple of super resolution screenshots of Kaer Trolde from the mountains, but it seems like the final images have a lot of ghosting going on. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I was just wondering if there's something I can do to fix this.

Q: Secret Menu
NvCameraConfigurationTool is for enthusiasts who don't mind pushing their PC to the limits. Consider it the secret menu at In & Out Burger. We do not support resolutions beyond the default settings. Use at your own risk!

You can find it in the Ansel folder under NVIDIA Corporation. there's an option to save the temporary captures prior to stitching.

Posted 08/18/2016 05:00 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top