Wow freezing constantly and creating graphics error, seems linked to Nvidia Drivers
So I made a post on the WoW forums which I'm getting no help from Blizzard with about a problem with the game freezing, some textures tearing etc. Gonna link the forum post here to save me posting all my specs etc again, they're all on this post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612291789 I get the impression from the many posts on the blizzard forums and from some here on the Nvidia ones that this is a problem a lot of people are experiencing, I tried rolling back graphics drivers as I saw recommended on another post here and that improved the situation but did not fix it and having now tried the latest graphics I still have the problem, at the moment I'm making this post it manifests as a 5-10sec screen freeze, sometimes with the window turning white and saying the program is not responding but 9/10 times it manages to correct itself, the frequency of these freezes seems to be based on the size of the zone I'm in in game as well as other things like high texture density although they also happen in the smaller, less densely populated areas, just more rarely. Any help with this would be supremely appreciated as I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. Thanks, Tombz
So I made a post on the WoW forums which I'm getting no help from Blizzard with about a problem with the game freezing, some textures tearing etc.

Gonna link the forum post here to save me posting all my specs etc again, they're all on this post:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17612291789

I get the impression from the many posts on the blizzard forums and from some here on the Nvidia ones that this is a problem a lot of people are experiencing, I tried rolling back graphics drivers as I saw recommended on another post here and that improved the situation but did not fix it and having now tried the latest graphics I still have the problem, at the moment I'm making this post it manifests as a 5-10sec screen freeze, sometimes with the window turning white and saying the program is not responding but 9/10 times it manages to correct itself, the frequency of these freezes seems to be based on the size of the zone I'm in in game as well as other things like high texture density although they also happen in the smaller, less densely populated areas, just more rarely.

Any help with this would be supremely appreciated as I'm pretty much at the end of my tether.

Thanks,
Tombz

Posted 07/17/2016 03:05 PM   
Try uninstalling geforce experience. At least when I had geforce experience beta, it crashed every game i opened (the ugly geforce share ui simply ruins everything known to mankind)
Try uninstalling geforce experience. At least when I had geforce experience beta, it crashed every game i opened (the ugly geforce share ui simply ruins everything known to mankind)

Posted 07/17/2016 03:15 PM   
I'll give it a go but given that the problem only happens in WoW and no other games I don't think it would be that. Will let you know though, thank you!
I'll give it a go but given that the problem only happens in WoW and no other games I don't think it would be that. Will let you know though, thank you!

Posted 07/17/2016 03:42 PM   
PS. The latest drivers seem to have noticeably improved the problems but not solved them.
PS. The latest drivers seem to have noticeably improved the problems but not solved them.

Posted 07/17/2016 03:50 PM   
Bump.
Bump.

Posted 07/18/2016 05:50 PM   
Scroll To Top