Mouse/input lag is killing me
  1 / 47    
6 months and counting, struggling with this thing and it never seems to get fixed. Mouse behavior is extremely inconsistent, it would go down and up and all over the place like I have enabled VSYNC, sometimes it's faster, other times it's slower, totally unatural and being a CSGO player, this ruins my gaming completely. I can't play. Yes I have: [.]Tried a new of EVERY SINGLE PART OF MY PC. There is nothing left from my old pc, everything has been changed, no luck.[/.] [.]Tried different mice, no luck[/.] [.]Bought a new monitor, it fixed some delay in mouse cursor issue, but did NOT eliminate the problem, heavy input lag is still here.[/.] [.]Temperatures and FPS are all solid and great. I can play GTA in high settings, I have 300 fps in csgo constantly, nothing there. Just mouse feels like being on ice. Yes I have formated windows.[/.] [.]Yes I have tried Nvidia's high performance, and power options aswell, neither helps. Also all this max rendered frames etc. doesn't help.[/.] Things that tends to improve the feeling/change it drastically: [.]When I play around with color management[/.] [.]When I install/uninstall random Nvidia drivers/Reset windows[/.] Feeling was TERRIBLE... so I reset the PC, it installed a nvidia WDM driver, the feeling got better. I installed another nvidia driver and the feeling got worse again. At this point I'm almost certain it has something to do with nvidia... how can I fix this? I have tried so many drivers, I also put my 660TI and it's the same... Other people doesn't seem to have this issue, even with the same card.. so I'm getting insane. Please help. Specs: I5 3570K Asrock H61 BTC MSI GTX 960 Evga SuperNova G2 650
6 months and counting, struggling with this thing and it never seems to get fixed.

Mouse behavior is extremely inconsistent, it would go down and up and all over the place like I have enabled VSYNC, sometimes it's faster, other times it's slower, totally unatural and being a CSGO player, this ruins my gaming completely. I can't play.

Yes I have:

• Tried a new of EVERY SINGLE PART OF MY PC. There is nothing left from my old pc, everything has been changed, no luck.

• Tried different mice, no luck

• Bought a new monitor, it fixed some delay in mouse cursor issue, but did NOT eliminate the problem, heavy input lag is still here.

• Temperatures and FPS are all solid and great. I can play GTA in high settings, I have 300 fps in csgo constantly, nothing there. Just mouse feels like being on ice.
    Yes I have formated windows.

• Yes I have tried Nvidia's high performance, and power options aswell, neither helps. Also all this max rendered frames etc. doesn't help.

• Things that tends to improve the feeling/change it drastically:
  • When I play around with color management

• When I install/uninstall random Nvidia drivers/Reset windows

• Feeling was TERRIBLE... so I reset the PC, it installed a nvidia WDM driver, the feeling got better. I installed another nvidia driver and the feeling got worse again.

At this point I'm almost certain it has something to do with nvidia... how can I fix this? I have tried so many drivers, I also put my 660TI and it's the same...
    Other people doesn't seem to have this issue, even with the same card.. so I'm getting insane. Please help.

Specs:
    I5 3570K
    Asrock H61 BTC
    MSI GTX 960
    Evga SuperNova G2 650

Posted 07/17/2016 09:25 AM   
    . Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT <----Importante![/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] Run [url=http://www.hwinfo.com/files/hw64_524.exe]HWInfo64[/url] [.]Sensors Only[/.] [.]Leave it running in the Background[/.] Download [url=http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/3dmark,1.html]3DMark[/url] [.]Install[/.] [.]Run it[/.] [.]Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO[/.] [.]Results Shown on a Webpage[/.] [.]Post Link here[/.] [.]Close 3DMark / Firestrike[/.] [.]Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info[/.] [.]Post screenshot(s) of HWinfo64[/.] [.][color="orange"]Get all of the DATA, not just selective areas[/color] [/.] [center]Do not attempt to [size="S"][ALT]+[Tab][/size] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it[/center] ==================================================================== This is going to be a little tough, but I figure you already notice that. Input lag on the mouse, In my Opinion, is in part due to the way the OS handles IRQs above the IRQ15. In the past, XP, 98, 95 - you had more control over the IRQs. But Starting with XP, they took the PCI Bus IRQ assignment ability away and added IRQs above IRQ15 that appear to be a software layer. (taking IRQ9 in most cases and creating 8 more from there) The problem is that you NEVER want 4 pieces of Hardware to share an IRQ: GPU / Input Device / Audio / Network : as these are all HIGH PRIORITY Items. So, my opinion is that 6 months ago, you literally changed something or you allowed Windows to install drivers that created this issue. Or you installed Software that did this. Then when you did the Clean install, you literally reinstalled the problem. .

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT <----Importante!
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

Run HWInfo64
  • Sensors Only
  • Leave it running in the Background

• Download 3DMark
  • Install
  • Run it
  • Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO
  • Results Shown on a Webpage
  • Post Link here

• Close 3DMark / Firestrike
  • Get Screenshot(s) HWinfo64 showing all info
  • Post screenshot(s) of HWinfo64
  • Get all of the DATA, not just selective areas

• Do not attempt to [ALT]+[Tab] or it will crash, let the whole thing run without screwing with it

====================================================================

This is going to be a little tough, but I figure you already notice that.

Input lag on the mouse, In my Opinion, is in part due to the way the OS handles IRQs above the IRQ15.

In the past, XP, 98, 95 - you had more control over the IRQs. But Starting with XP, they took the PCI Bus IRQ assignment ability away and added IRQs above IRQ15 that appear to be a software layer. (taking IRQ9 in most cases and creating 8 more from there)

The problem is that you NEVER want 4 pieces of Hardware to share an IRQ: GPU / Input Device / Audio / Network : as these are all HIGH PRIORITY Items.

So, my opinion is that 6 months ago, you literally changed something or you allowed Windows to install drivers that created this issue.

Or you installed Software that did this.

Then when you did the Clean install, you literally reinstalled the problem.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 07/17/2016 01:37 PM   
    Hi. 3Dmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13381007 HWinfo: http://imgur.com/a/4p6ij I PM'd you speccy.
    Hi.

3Dmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13381007

HWinfo: http://imgur.com/a/4p6ij

I PM'd you speccy.

Posted 07/18/2016 08:34 AM   
    I have to mention that, even though I'm not sure if it's entirely fixed, but the feeling is sooooooo much better, like incredibly better, atleast the randomless and inconsistency has gone, when I was playing around in color management, more specifically, loaded the ICC profile of the monitor to be the default, atleast that's what I remember doing yesterday.
    I have to mention that, even though I'm not sure if it's entirely fixed, but the feeling is sooooooo much better, like incredibly better, atleast the randomless and inconsistency has gone, when I was playing around in color management, more specifically, loaded the ICC profile of the monitor to be the default, atleast that's what I remember doing yesterday.

Posted 07/18/2016 08:50 AM   
    But it seems like with the added consistency in the mouse, the fps is a bit worse, I'm not entirely sure.. so it definitely feels like something is not keeping up with the system / not strong enough.. which is weird when all my stuff should be able to no problem... so yeah your driver theory can be right, but I don't know, hopefully you can help. Mouse is definitely more consistent now compared to before. I'm kinda scared to do anything that ruins it. But honestly, I don't even think that this feels like input lag, it feels/felt like something is not strong enough to handle what was going on... sort of like running battlefield 4 in high settings with a 10 years old graphics card. Or atleast felt that way before, right now it has good behavior, but I wouldn't call it perfect. EDIT: I think performance got SLIGHTLY worse, not by much, but noticable when I turned digital vibrance up in the nvidia controlpanel.
    But it seems like with the added consistency in the mouse, the fps is a bit worse, I'm not entirely sure.. so it definitely feels like something is not keeping up with the system / not strong enough.. which is weird when all my stuff should be able to no problem...

so yeah your driver theory can be right, but I don't know, hopefully you can help. Mouse is definitely more consistent now compared to before. I'm kinda scared to do anything that ruins it.

But honestly, I don't even think that this feels like input lag, it feels/felt like something is not strong enough to handle what was going on... sort of like running battlefield 4 in high settings with a 10 years old graphics card. Or atleast felt that way before, right now it has good behavior, but I wouldn't call it perfect.

EDIT: I think performance got SLIGHTLY worse, not by much, but noticable when I turned digital vibrance up in the nvidia controlpanel.

Posted 07/18/2016 09:40 AM   
    IMPORTANT discovery: Alright, when I am looking at a place that has lots of colors, like a youtube frontpage showing 100 videos, the lag becomes much worse. when I go into a page that has almost no activity, like this forum or google, the lag is less. The more things look good, the worse the lag gets. Yeah I opened a reddit tab, it started lagging, I opened google, lag went away. Back and forth. EDIT: confirmed... I went into nvidia controlpanel and absolutely killed everything to zero, I made everything black and white, and the mouse felt better. When I just open the nvidia controlpanel, the mouse feeling becomes better / much slower. In all the years I've used PC's this is the weirdiest shit I've ever seen. EDIT2: alright I reverted the colors back, but kept everything else as I changed it before.. it doesn't seem to have made the feeling worse, but the feeling definitely keeps changing everytime I change ANYTHING in the nvidia controlpanel. But the inconsistency is definitely here.
    IMPORTANT discovery:

Alright, when I am looking at a place that has lots of colors, like a youtube frontpage showing 100 videos, the lag becomes much worse.

when I go into a page that has almost no activity, like this forum or google, the lag is less.

The more things look good, the worse the lag gets.

Yeah I opened a reddit tab, it started lagging, I opened google, lag went away. Back and forth.

EDIT: confirmed... I went into nvidia controlpanel and absolutely killed everything to zero, I made everything black and white, and the mouse felt better.

When I just open the nvidia controlpanel, the mouse feeling becomes better / much slower. In all the years I've used PC's this is the weirdiest shit I've ever seen.

EDIT2: alright I reverted the colors back, but kept everything else as I changed it before.. it doesn't seem to have made the feeling worse, but the feeling definitely keeps changing everytime I change ANYTHING in the nvidia controlpanel.

But the inconsistency is definitely here.

Posted 07/18/2016 10:41 AM   
    Rofl. Now the mouse feels extremely slow, as if it felt like ice before, now it's like dragging it through sand after I went into the nvidia controlpanel and pressed "use nvidia color settings" I have used this guide in the past for my old XL2411T and my old 660TI graphics card: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2zr8he/how_to_take_your_benq_z_series_monitor_to/?st=iqs0fw4v&sh=199734d3 Now I have a XL2411Z and a gtx 960, so I don't know if this is any way relevant or not, I doubt it but I'm just listing it just in case... (I have NOT used this guide for my new graphics card and monitor, everything seems to be default) This really seems to be related to colors somehow.. Even though I like the slow mouse feeling compared to the ICE feeling, this still feels abit inconsistent, just can't see it as being natural, because it gets affected by everything I do on screen. I'm losing my goddamn mind. edit: I left the PC for a while, came back, now the mouse is faster again. So all in all, complete inconsistency, all the time.
    Rofl.

Now the mouse feels extremely slow, as if it felt like ice before, now it's like dragging it through sand after I went into the nvidia controlpanel and pressed "use nvidia color settings"

I have used this guide in the past for my old XL2411T and my old 660TI graphics card: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2zr8he/how_to_take_your_benq_z_series_monitor_to/?st=iqs0fw4v&sh=199734d3

Now I have a XL2411Z and a gtx 960, so I don't know if this is any way relevant or not, I doubt it but I'm just listing it just in case... (I have NOT used this guide for my new graphics card and monitor, everything seems to be default)

This really seems to be related to colors somehow.. Even though I like the slow mouse feeling compared to the ICE feeling, this still feels abit inconsistent, just can't see it as being natural, because it gets affected by everything I do on screen.

I'm losing my goddamn mind.

edit: I left the PC for a while, came back, now the mouse is faster again. So all in all, complete inconsistency, all the time.

Posted 07/18/2016 12:32 PM   
    . [quote="Aymanb"] XL2411[color="orange"]T[/color][/quote] Surely you meant [quote="Speccy"]BenQ XL2411[color="orange"]Z[/color] (1920x1080@144Hz)[/quote] Definitely sounds like it is coming from the Monitor resolution / frequency settings. Take a look at this [url=https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/949358/pc-components/problem-monitor-dvi-cable/]thread[/url] - actually the Video on the thread and then there is some more info in the few posts under the video. ======================================= 3DMark score looks good. Temps and voltages look good, except the 12v is not shown. [color="orange"]In Speccy, the 12v is showing 11.72v[/color] (this is too low) Rerun the Firestrike test using CPUID HWmonitor. Run [url=http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.27.exe]CPUID Hwmonitor[/url] [.]leave it running in the background[/.] [.]Open all sections, including the CLOCKS[/.] [.]Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO[/.] [.]Results Shown on a Webpage[/.] [.]Post Link here[/.] [.]Close 3DMark / Firestrike[/.] [.]Get Screenshot(s) CPUID showing all info[/.] [.]Post screenshots of CPUID[/.] Speccy also shows that the POWER OPTION is set to Balanced and several other features are enabled: [win]+[x] > Power Option > Change what Power Button does(left) >Change setting ... unavailable [.]Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup[/.] [.]Uncheck Sleep[/.] [.]Uncheck Hibernate[/.] [.]Save Changes[/.] [win]+[x] > Power Option > Change Power Setting [.]HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER[/.] [.]Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER[/.] [.][color="orange"]PCI Express[/color] - Link : off[/.] [.]Apply[/.] Reboot the computer [.]Enter the BIOS[/.] [.]Disable FAST BOOT(if it is there)[/.] [.]Save and Exit[/.] ======================================= Download [url=http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html]DDU[/url]: [.]Install[/.] [.]run DDU[/.] [.]Have it reboot in to Safe mode[/.] [.]Run DDU if it does not auto start[/.] [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean and Restart[/.] Go to Microsoft and download the [url=https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930]Show / Hide[/url] tool. [.]Hide all NVIDIA items[/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/359.06/359.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe]359.06[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] ======================================= If the Above did not help, Remove the Creative card from the computer physically. These have been known to cause memory leaks and a few other issues (IRQ_Less_Than) (sorry, did not realize we had been through this a week ago :) ) .

Aymanb said: XL2411T
    Surely you meant
    Speccy said:BenQ XL2411Z (1920x1080@144Hz)

Definitely sounds like it is coming from the Monitor resolution / frequency settings.

Take a look at this thread - actually the Video on the thread and then there is some more info in the few posts under the video.

=======================================

3DMark score looks good.

Temps and voltages look good, except the 12v is not shown. In Speccy, the 12v is showing 11.72v (this is too low)

Rerun the Firestrike test using CPUID HWmonitor.

Run CPUID Hwmonitor
  • leave it running in the background
  • Open all sections, including the CLOCKS

• Run only the Firestrike TEST / DEMO
  • Results Shown on a Webpage
  • Post Link here

• Close 3DMark / Firestrike
  • Get Screenshot(s) CPUID showing all info
  • Post screenshots of CPUID

• Speccy also shows that the POWER OPTION is set to Balanced and several other features are enabled:

[win]+[x] > Power Option > Change what Power Button does(left) >Change setting ... unavailable
  • Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup
  • Uncheck Sleep
  • Uncheck Hibernate
  • Save Changes

• [win]+[x] > Power Option > Change Power Setting
  • HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER
  • Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER
  • PCI Express - Link : off
  • Apply

• Reboot the computer
  • Enter the BIOS
  • Disable FAST BOOT(if it is there)
  • Save and Exit

• =======================================

Download DDU:
  • Install
  • run DDU
  • Have it reboot in to Safe mode
  • Run DDU if it does not auto start
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean and Restart

• Go to Microsoft and download the Show / Hide tool.
  • Hide all NVIDIA items

• Download this 359.06 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Uncheck EVERYTHING excpet the GPU Driver and PHYSX
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• =======================================

If the Above did not help, Remove the Creative card from the computer physically. These have been known to cause memory leaks and a few other issues (IRQ_Less_Than)

(sorry, did not realize we had been through this a week ago :) )

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 07/18/2016 01:28 PM   
    The XL2411T is my old monitor. Now I have the XL2411Z (two days old, bought it completely new, this issue was present at both monitors.) In regards to the voltages, google says that software can't measure the exact voltages, I would need some device in real life to see the exact numbers. This PSU is also new compared to my old, and the problem was there for both of them. I think if the voltages were bad, I would experince things like crashes etc. I have neither. Regarding this thread, I have not done anything like custom resolutions for my new monitor/graphics card. Everything is set to Automatic, and it shows pixel clock set as 325. I also don't have issues with the screen not starting up etc. I will do the rest now.
    The XL2411T is my old monitor. Now I have the XL2411Z (two days old, bought it completely new, this issue was present at both monitors.)

In regards to the voltages, google says that software can't measure the exact voltages, I would need some device in real life to see the exact numbers. This PSU is also new compared to my old, and the problem was there for both of them. I think if the voltages were bad, I would experince things like crashes etc. I have neither.

Regarding this thread, I have not done anything like custom resolutions for my new monitor/graphics card. Everything is set to Automatic, and it shows pixel clock set as 325. I also don't have issues with the screen not starting up etc.

I will do the rest now.

Posted 07/18/2016 02:45 PM   
    new 3dmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13389928 HWmonitor: http://imgur.com/a/LfYBz I have done all the power options stuff. It didn't fix it. Removing + installing 359.06 made everything 1000x worse, I can barely control my mouse now. It's soooo unatural, goes where it pleases. Fun fact, when I open random stuff like the task manager, mouse becomes consistent for a few seconds, then turns into cancer again later. I'll try physically removing the soundcard.
    new 3dmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13389928
    HWmonitor: http://imgur.com/a/LfYBz

I have done all the power options stuff. It didn't fix it.

Removing + installing 359.06 made everything 1000x worse, I can barely control my mouse now. It's soooo unatural, goes where it pleases. Fun fact, when I open random stuff like the task manager, mouse becomes consistent for a few seconds, then turns into cancer again later.

I'll try physically removing the soundcard.

Posted 07/18/2016 03:41 PM   
    I have now physically removed the soundcard, and it helped a tons. Remember that 359.06 made everything 1000x worse? Yeah thats now not the case after the soundcard was removed. But I do not think that it's completely fixed, certain inaccuracies are still there, mouse is just not "uncontrallable and cancer" anymore, but the inconsistency is there, such as sudden faster feeling etc. Not much, but noticable.
    I have now physically removed the soundcard, and it helped a tons. Remember that 359.06 made everything 1000x worse? Yeah thats now not the case after the soundcard was removed.

But I do not think that it's completely fixed, certain inaccuracies are still there, mouse is just not "uncontrallable and cancer" anymore, but the inconsistency is there, such as sudden faster feeling etc. Not much, but noticable.

Posted 07/18/2016 03:56 PM   
    . Your 100% correct about measuring of Voltages with Software, but the software is a TOOL. The voltages are too low on the 12v rail still. Thats 2 tools that show the same issue. The BIOS should have a Hardware Monitoring / PC Health section with Voltages for the 3.3v / 5v / 12v - these are without a LOAD, but check that info. Feel it will still show the info below. Software, when reading correctly is no different than the display on the volt/ohm meter. Its finding the correct software that makes using the readings a problem. The issue comes with a VOLT / Ohm meter, you have to have the PSU on a LOAD to measure the correct values. A standard 12v may still read 12v until a load is applied. Then there is the ALLOWABLE variance....unfortunately, I believe that the variance is not ALLOWED to drop below the rated value. See if you can locate anohter PSU with a minimum of 300watts. I am not wanting it to run the WHOLE system, so please do not swap it out. I am out for awhile, if you have a second PSU as requested we will do another test, but I really feel the voltage is low and causing some of the issues. My reasoning is that the 359.06 are stable drivers. The Video and the image in the previous thread linked, do try the settings the way he suggested. The 2411T / Z are still the same item (in my mind, like a 960 and a 960 OC are still the same card) .

Your 100% correct about measuring of Voltages with Software, but the software is a TOOL. The voltages are too low on the 12v rail still. Thats 2 tools that show the same issue.

The BIOS should have a Hardware Monitoring / PC Health section with Voltages for the 3.3v / 5v / 12v - these are without a LOAD, but check that info. Feel it will still show the info below.

Software, when reading correctly is no different than the display on the volt/ohm meter. Its finding the correct software that makes using the readings a problem.

The issue comes with a VOLT / Ohm meter, you have to have the PSU on a LOAD to measure the correct values. A standard 12v may still read 12v until a load is applied.

Then there is the ALLOWABLE variance....unfortunately, I believe that the variance is not ALLOWED to drop below the rated value.

See if you can locate anohter PSU with a minimum of 300watts. I am not wanting it to run the WHOLE system, so please do not swap it out.

I am out for awhile, if you have a second PSU as requested we will do another test, but I really feel the voltage is low and causing some of the issues.

My reasoning is that the 359.06 are stable drivers.

The Video and the image in the previous thread linked, do try the settings the way he suggested. The 2411T / Z are still the same item (in my mind, like a 960 and a 960 OC are still the same card)

Posted 07/18/2016 04:26 PM   
    I went into the BIOS and took a picture with my phone, everything looks good there, so I just don't think that HWmonitor can be accurate. The PSU is barely 2 weeks old, I do not think it's causing any issues: http://i.imgur.com/0borQHE.jpg ---------------------------------- After a restart, the inconsistency upped abit compared to before, but not even close to what it was prior to removing the soundcard, but after a while it got stable again... so whatever is causing this issue is something that is inconsistent and rely's on things to happen, whether its load etc. But then I move a file from X drive to Y drive and while the process is ongoing, there is a glimpse of consistency. Overall, it's still a tons better now that I've removed the soundcard, but not perfect.
    I went into the BIOS and took a picture with my phone, everything looks good there, so I just don't think that HWmonitor can be accurate. The PSU is barely 2 weeks old, I do not think it's causing any issues:

http://i.imgur.com/0borQHE.jpg

----------------------------------

After a restart, the inconsistency upped abit compared to before, but not even close to what it was prior to removing the soundcard, but after a while it got stable again... so whatever is causing this issue is something that is inconsistent and rely's on things to happen, whether its load etc.

But then I move a file from X drive to Y drive and while the process is ongoing, there is a glimpse of consistency.

Overall, it's still a tons better now that I've removed the soundcard, but not perfect.

Posted 07/18/2016 05:06 PM   
    . What happened to the previous Power Supply? The voltage in the BIOS looks good, but again it is without load. The only thing that adds validity to your statement about ""I do not think it's causing any issue"" is that the issue existed before the PSU change and after. Which I assume was not made better or worse either? ========================== Remove all but 1 stick of RAM. Run the system and see how it responds. (would be better if it crashed as thats pretty spot on) Then swap the RAM modules and run the system again. See if there is any difference between the 2 sticks. After that enter the BIOS again and bump the RAM voltage by .05 to 1.55v, save and exit, test the system. Then do it again to 1.60v, save and exit, test the system. What we are looking for here is it to smooth out, if it starts feeling worse, put it back to default. Do not exceed 1.65v =============================== The sound card removal also does several other things... 1- lightens the strain on the motherboard PCI lanes. 2- lightens the power draw from the motherboard. 3- cuts back on hardware conflict. .

What happened to the previous Power Supply?

The voltage in the BIOS looks good, but again it is without load.

The only thing that adds validity to your statement about ""I do not think it's causing any issue"" is that the issue existed before the PSU change and after. Which I assume was not made better or worse either?

==========================

Remove all but 1 stick of RAM.
    Run the system and see how it responds. (would be better if it crashed as thats pretty spot on)

Then swap the RAM modules and run the system again.

See if there is any difference between the 2 sticks.

After that enter the BIOS again and bump the RAM voltage by .05 to 1.55v, save and exit, test the system.

Then do it again to 1.60v, save and exit, test the system.

What we are looking for here is it to smooth out, if it starts feeling worse, put it back to default. Do not exceed 1.65v

===============================

The sound card removal also does several other things...

1- lightens the strain on the motherboard PCI lanes.
    2- lightens the power draw from the motherboard.
    3- cuts back on hardware conflict.

Posted 07/18/2016 08:20 PM   
    I ran HWmonitor with my previous PSU and it showed 8v at the 12v spot. So I googled it and that was were I found posts saying measuring PSU by software is not accurate and that a low number as 8 would cause me issues and crashes (which never happened) I changed the PSU to fulfill my OCD of not having any part unchanged, and it is definitely the only change that has done literally no effect. Usually when I change a part, it's noticeable, but the PSU did nothing. I will try to let my friend run HWMonitor and see what his says. I'll try the RAM tomorrow. Appreciate the help.
    I ran HWmonitor with my previous PSU and it showed 8v at the 12v spot. So I googled it and that was were I found posts saying measuring PSU by software is not accurate and that a low number as 8 would cause me issues and crashes (which never happened)

I changed the PSU to fulfill my OCD of not having any part unchanged, and it is definitely the only change that has done literally no effect. Usually when I change a part, it's noticeable, but the PSU did nothing.

I will try to let my friend run HWMonitor and see what his says. I'll try the RAM tomorrow. Appreciate the help.

Posted 07/18/2016 10:48 PM   
      1 / 47    
    Scroll To Top