INSIDE
  1 / 10    
*Edit* Fix is complete get it at: [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/08/inside.html#links[/url] INSIDE is out now. I just finished installing it. I'm taking off work a bit early today so i can play it. I'll report back in a a couple of hours with the state of 3D Vision support. Even though their previous game, Limbo, had flawless 3D Vision support out of the box i expect INSIDE to be somewhat broken. While Limbo used some fairly simple shaders and parallax backgrounds, INSIDE utilizes a full blown 3D engine with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc. I'm crossing my fingers but i'm fairly pessimistic since i can't even remember when i last played a game that just worked without having to apply some shader hacks. Either way this game looks phenomenal, so i'll play it regardless. If it's not to broken i might even try to fix it myself, unless someone with more experience with fixes want's to give it a go ;)
*Edit* Fix is complete get it at: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2017/08/inside.html#links

INSIDE is out now. I just finished installing it. I'm taking off work a bit early today so i can play it. I'll report back in a a couple of hours with the state of 3D Vision support. Even though their previous game, Limbo, had flawless 3D Vision support out of the box i expect INSIDE to be somewhat broken. While Limbo used some fairly simple shaders and parallax backgrounds, INSIDE utilizes a full blown 3D engine with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc. I'm crossing my fingers but i'm fairly pessimistic since i can't even remember when i last played a game that just worked without having to apply some shader hacks. Either way this game looks phenomenal, so i'll play it regardless. If it's not to broken i might even try to fix it myself, unless someone with more experience with fixes want's to give it a go ;)

Like my work? You can send a donation via Paypal to sgs.rules@gmail.com

Windows 7 Pro 64x - Nvidia Driver 373.03 - EVGA 980Ti SC - Optoma HD26 with Edid override - 3D Vision 2 - i7-4790K CPU - ASUS Z97-A Motherboard - 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance - 512 GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro - Creative Sound Blaster Z

Posted 07/07/2016 05:16 PM   
Definitely post some screenshots, even if they`re not in perfect 3D.
Definitely post some screenshots, even if they`re not in perfect 3D.
Ok So 3D vision doesn't even kick in. The game is running in fullscreen borderless mode. I looked through the game directory and spotted a bunch of Unity Dlls so it's running off Unity. I've got a feeling DarkStarSword could apply his magic here.
Ok So 3D vision doesn't even kick in. The game is running in fullscreen borderless mode. I looked through the game directory and spotted a bunch of Unity Dlls so it's running off Unity. I've got a feeling DarkStarSword could apply his magic here.

Windows 7 Pro 64x - Nvidia Driver 373.03 - EVGA 980Ti SC - Optoma HD26 with Edid override - 3D Vision 2 - i7-4790K CPU - ASUS Z97-A Motherboard - 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance - 512 GB Samsung SSD 850 Pro - Creative Sound Blaster Z

Posted 07/07/2016 06:56 PM   
Unity strikes yet again;) Is it DX11 or DX9??? Also follow the instructions here: [url]https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/920481/3d-vision/the-gate-of-firmament-3d-fix-shader-help-please-/post/4824415/#4824415[/url] And tell us what version is in there:)
Unity strikes yet again;)

Is it DX11 or DX9???

Also follow the instructions here:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/920481/3d-vision/the-gate-of-firmament-3d-fix-shader-help-please-/post/4824415/#4824415

And tell us what version is in there:)

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 07/07/2016 07:06 PM   
It's version 5.0.4 so it's an older version of Unity;) It's DX11 and 64-bit app so we can use 3DMigoto. It's only Borderless Fullscreen but can be forced to fullscreen. 3D Vision starts but requires fixing as is pretty broken (lots of halos and such). I'll probably try to use DarkStarSword Unity templates to fix the game;) (I always wanted to do it, but never had the time to do it. But, this will have to wait a bit... If someone wants to give it a try in the meantime, please be my guest).
It's version 5.0.4 so it's an older version of Unity;)
It's DX11 and 64-bit app so we can use 3DMigoto.
It's only Borderless Fullscreen but can be forced to fullscreen.
3D Vision starts but requires fixing as is pretty broken (lots of halos and such).

I'll probably try to use DarkStarSword Unity templates to fix the game;) (I always wanted to do it, but never had the time to do it. But, this will have to wait a bit... If someone wants to give it a try in the meantime, please be my guest).

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 07/07/2016 07:24 PM   
I'm willing to give it a go, but I'll need a few pointers. I already downloaded DSS Unity templates but still can't get the game to run in fullscreen. I tried the -screen-fullscreen cmd line argument but it was a no go. This would be my first try at a fix, but I'm a OpenGL dev, I've coded steroscopic shaders before, and I've played around with Unity so i'm not completely clueless ;) Even if i can't fix this right away it'll be an interesting learning experience.
I'm willing to give it a go, but I'll need a few pointers. I already downloaded DSS Unity templates but still can't get the game to run in fullscreen. I tried the -screen-fullscreen cmd line argument but it was a no go. This would be my first try at a fix, but I'm a OpenGL dev, I've coded steroscopic shaders before, and I've played around with Unity so i'm not completely clueless ;) Even if i can't fix this right away it'll be an interesting learning experience.

Posted 07/07/2016 07:35 PM   
ok I got it to force fulscreen through 3dmigoto's .ini settings. Yep it's pretty broken, i'll try to use the templates DSS made... this should be interesting
ok I got it to force fulscreen through 3dmigoto's .ini settings. Yep it's pretty broken, i'll try to use the templates DSS made... this should be interesting

Posted 07/07/2016 07:49 PM   
Good luck!
Good luck!

Posted 07/07/2016 08:32 PM   
Well that was an exercise in frustration. I used DSS's Unity shader script. I've never used python, cygwin or unix commands so it involved a ton of trial and error e.i. installing the correct packages, setting up paths, failing over and over, copying scripts to various locations so that cygwin could find them. modifying cygwin script etc etc. The script extracts all the unity resources and runs the extract_unity_shaders.py script but it doesn't look like it extracts any of the shaders and the generated ShaderHeaders.json is completely empty so everything fails after that. I guess i could try to fix things manually :/
Well that was an exercise in frustration. I used DSS's Unity shader script. I've never used python, cygwin or unix commands so it involved a ton of trial and error e.i. installing the correct packages, setting up paths, failing over and over, copying scripts to various locations so that cygwin could find them. modifying cygwin script etc etc. The script extracts all the unity resources and runs the extract_unity_shaders.py script but it doesn't look like it extracts any of the shaders and the generated ShaderHeaders.json is completely empty so everything fails after that. I guess i could try to fix things manually :/

Posted 07/07/2016 11:08 PM   
this looks like one of the best games of the year! I really love this atmospheric indie games. They can make you feel more then games that cost 100x more.
this looks like one of the best games of the year!

I really love this atmospheric indie games. They can make you feel more then games that cost 100x more.

Posted 07/08/2016 05:05 AM   
Well, I started isolating shaders. found one of the main culprits that caused the halo issue and managed to fix it after reading though several posts by DSS... but i kept playing... and playing.... and 5 hours later i finished the game. I simply didn't want to spoil the experience by diving in and out and dissecting it. Anyhow here's my mini 100% spoiler free review: Holy hell, what a trip, especially the last hour or so. If you haven't played it please do, don't read any reviews, and definitely don't watch any clips. I watched a 10 minute preview and it ruined some of the better portions of the game. Incredible game in several aspects, great art direction, graphics, animation, ambiance, sound design and game play. No intro, No fucking tutorials, popups, mini maps, quest markers, quick time events, cut scenes, or other bullshit. From the point you hit start till the very end it's pure uninterrupted game play. It's about 4 or 5 hours long, which may seem short, but the pacings just right and it keep's it's momentum from start to finish. I wish i could dive back in for a few more hours because of how much i enjoyed it, but at the same time I think that being able to play it in a single play through makes it perfect. I've been gaming for over 30 years and haven't been this impressed with a side stroller since Out of this world, or most games in general. But simply calling it a side scroller is a bit of a disservice. It's a great experience and it's dark and twisted as hell. Among the top 10 games I've ever played. I can't wait to see what Play Dead cooks up next, please give them some money, and CD Project Red while you're at it ;) Anyhow that's my rant. As far as 3D Vision support goes.. This game begs for it, it makes some great usage of depth. There's tons of stuff in the foreground and background, lot's of particles, distance visual queues, and there's some amazing swimming sections (water with inverted gravity wtf?!) in it. I kept wishing it was in 3D while i played it but at the same time it'll give me an excuse to play it again once it's fixed. I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if anyone with more experience can quickly fix the shaders. It seems like Unity games follow some fairly similar patterns that can be fixed by replacing the default shaders or via scripts, so I'd rather not waste a whole weekend when someone else can do it in less than an hour. But if no one's up to the task by this weekend I'll go ahead and give it a go. *Mild Semi-Spoiler Below if you haven't completed it stop now* The Akira thing towards the end... WTF?! Not just as a concept but as a coder i was blown away by how they managed to animate and control the damn thing, simply brilliant.
Well, I started isolating shaders. found one of the main culprits that caused the halo issue and managed to fix it after reading though several posts by DSS... but i kept playing... and playing.... and 5 hours later i finished the game. I simply didn't want to spoil the experience by diving in and out and dissecting it. Anyhow here's my mini 100% spoiler free review:

Holy hell, what a trip, especially the last hour or so. If you haven't played it please do, don't read any reviews, and definitely don't watch any clips. I watched a 10 minute preview and it ruined some of the better portions of the game. Incredible game in several aspects, great art direction, graphics, animation, ambiance, sound design and game play. No intro, No fucking tutorials, popups, mini maps, quest markers, quick time events, cut scenes, or other bullshit. From the point you hit start till the very end it's pure uninterrupted game play. It's about 4 or 5 hours long, which may seem short, but the pacings just right and it keep's it's momentum from start to finish. I wish i could dive back in for a few more hours because of how much i enjoyed it, but at the same time I think that being able to play it in a single play through makes it perfect. I've been gaming for over 30 years and haven't been this impressed with a side stroller since Out of this world, or most games in general. But simply calling it a side scroller is a bit of a disservice. It's a great experience and it's dark and twisted as hell. Among the top 10 games I've ever played. I can't wait to see what Play Dead cooks up next, please give them some money, and CD Project Red while you're at it ;)

Anyhow that's my rant. As far as 3D Vision support goes.. This game begs for it, it makes some great usage of depth. There's tons of stuff in the foreground and background, lot's of particles, distance visual queues, and there's some amazing swimming sections (water with inverted gravity wtf?!) in it. I kept wishing it was in 3D while i played it but at the same time it'll give me an excuse to play it again once it's fixed. I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if anyone with more experience can quickly fix the shaders. It seems like Unity games follow some fairly similar patterns that can be fixed by replacing the default shaders or via scripts, so I'd rather not waste a whole weekend when someone else can do it in less than an hour. But if no one's up to the task by this weekend I'll go ahead and give it a go.

*Mild Semi-Spoiler Below if you haven't completed it stop now*
The Akira thing towards the end... WTF?! Not just as a concept but as a coder i was blown away by how they managed to animate and control the damn thing, simply brilliant.

Posted 07/08/2016 05:23 AM   
Sounds amazing, I can't wait to play this one.
Sounds amazing, I can't wait to play this one.

Posted 07/08/2016 08:32 AM   
gl with the fix.
gl with the fix.

Acer H5360 / BenQ XL2420T + 3D Vision 2 Kit - EVGA GTX 980TI 6GB - i7-3930K@4.0GHz - DX79SI- 16GB RAM@2133 - Win10x64 Home - HTC VIVE

Posted 07/08/2016 11:36 PM   
Just played through this weekend, and it really screams for stereoscopic 3d! This is on top of my wishlist :) Please work your shader-magic!
Just played through this weekend, and it really screams for stereoscopic 3d!
This is on top of my wishlist :)

Please work your shader-magic!

Posted 07/11/2016 09:17 AM   
Unfortunately I won't have enough time to tackle this, probably not for another two weeks. I'm busy with work as usual but i also have family coming in to visit from overseas for the next two weeks, If i can get away from them for long enough i'll give it a go. I'm hoping that this will peak the interest of someone that's experienced with Unity shader hacks.
Unfortunately I won't have enough time to tackle this, probably not for another two weeks. I'm busy with work as usual but i also have family coming in to visit from overseas for the next two weeks, If i can get away from them for long enough i'll give it a go. I'm hoping that this will peak the interest of someone that's experienced with Unity shader hacks.

Posted 07/12/2016 06:29 PM   
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top