Displayport does not work with the HTC Vive on GTX 1080?
  1 / 6    
On my old GTX 980 I was using an Oculus Rift CV1 via hdmi, and the HTC Vive via the displayport, with my monitor hooked up via DVI. Since upgrading to the GTX 1080 I cannot use the displayport with the Vive, it does not detect on any of the ports. I would rather not have to keep unplugging the HDMI port in the back of the PC to switch devices so I can avoid wear and tear, and Oculus/HTC do not recommend using splitters with the devices. I was about to RMA the card until I found a post on here with someone with the exact same problem. Could a representative from Nvidia get back to us on this? [b]Update 08-14-16: Nvidia rep posted in thread.. problem finally solved (took a couple months but better late then never) get newest drivers and should be good to go.[/b]
On my old GTX 980 I was using an Oculus Rift CV1 via hdmi, and the HTC Vive via the displayport, with my monitor hooked up via DVI. Since upgrading to the GTX 1080 I cannot use the displayport with the Vive, it does not detect on any of the ports. I would rather not have to keep unplugging the HDMI port in the back of the PC to switch devices so I can avoid wear and tear, and Oculus/HTC do not recommend using splitters with the devices.

I was about to RMA the card until I found a post on here with someone with the exact same problem. Could a representative from Nvidia get back to us on this?

Update 08-14-16: Nvidia rep posted in thread.. problem finally solved (took a couple months but better late then never) get newest drivers and should be good to go.

Posted 06/03/2016 01:55 AM   
Did you install a new driver for the 1080 ? Because when i switched from my 980 to 1080 the displayport did not work until i installed the new driver.
Did you install a new driver for the 1080 ? Because when i switched from my 980 to 1080 the displayport did not work until i installed the new driver.

Posted 06/03/2016 03:52 AM   
Same here, just changed from 970 > 1080, VIVE not working, steam vr says that googles are not connected "check hdmi/dp" ...
Same here, just changed from 970 > 1080, VIVE not working, steam vr says that googles are not connected "check hdmi/dp"

Posted 06/03/2016 10:24 PM   
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939539/geforce-1000-series/just-bought-an-msi-gtx1080-display-port-not-working-/ Bug that is being sorted. And seriously: you read that thread and still decided to make a new one? wtf? You are clogging the front page and potentially pushing down other relevant issues. Sit down and simmer.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939539/geforce-1000-series/just-bought-an-msi-gtx1080-display-port-not-working-/

Bug that is being sorted.

And seriously: you read that thread and still decided to make a new one? wtf?
You are clogging the front page and potentially pushing down other relevant issues.

Sit down and simmer.

Posted 06/03/2016 11:09 PM   
Sit down and simmer? How about you go ahead piss off. That wasn't the thread I was talking about. It was another one that was basically buried. Also that link you just gave has nothing to do with the issue I was talking about. I already have the correct cable for the Vive. Where do you see bug anywhere for using the HTC Vive and Rift together on the same card?
Sit down and simmer? How about you go ahead piss off. That wasn't the thread I was talking about. It was another one that was basically buried. Also that link you just gave has nothing to do with the issue I was talking about. I already have the correct cable for the Vive. Where do you see bug anywhere for using the HTC Vive and Rift together on the same card?

Posted 06/04/2016 07:29 PM   
Vive issue is being fixed in next or the following driver.
Vive issue is being fixed in next or the following driver.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 06/05/2016 09:03 AM   
[quote="Sora"]Vive issue is being fixed in next or the following driver.[/quote] The Bug was[i] not[/i] fixed with the new driver. Displayport+Vive = Don't work. This sucks a bit.
Sora said:Vive issue is being fixed in next or the following driver.

The Bug was not fixed with the new driver. Displayport+Vive = Don't work.

This sucks a bit.

Posted 06/08/2016 01:25 PM   
Hi Gents (and lovely ladies). So glad someone else is having issues with getting the Vive to work on the 1080, I've tried everything under the sun, HDMI, DP, DP-HDMI converter, et al. Plug it into my laptop boom works perfectly (except the frame rate..) into the 1080 nothing. I did get it to work in extended (monitor) mode for awhile but even that now alludes me, such a shame as well as the card works beautifully on my 1440p 144hz monitor with regular games. Also can confirm that the latest set of drivers did absolutely bupkis to fix the issue. Been chatting with support but that seems to be going in circles a bit which is made harder (for both me and support) given that I'm in West Aus and as such midnight for me is like 9am for support.
Hi Gents (and lovely ladies).

So glad someone else is having issues with getting the Vive to work on the 1080, I've tried everything under the sun, HDMI, DP, DP-HDMI converter, et al.

Plug it into my laptop boom works perfectly (except the frame rate..) into the 1080 nothing.

I did get it to work in extended (monitor) mode for awhile but even that now alludes me, such a shame as well as the card works beautifully on my 1440p 144hz monitor with regular games.

Also can confirm that the latest set of drivers did absolutely bupkis to fix the issue.

Been chatting with support but that seems to be going in circles a bit which is made harder (for both me and support) given that I'm in West Aus and as such midnight for me is like 9am for support.

Posted 06/08/2016 04:05 PM   
Yup, still doesn't work. What a pain.. I'd like to know who made up that info that it would be fixed in the driver update.
Yup, still doesn't work. What a pain.. I'd like to know who made up that info that it would be fixed in the driver update.

Posted 06/09/2016 05:36 AM   
We are still investigating this issue.
We are still investigating this issue.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 06/09/2016 06:03 AM   
I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software.
I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software.

Posted 06/09/2016 10:46 AM   
[quote="Tracy48"]I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software. [/quote] In general it is not recommended to use adapters like that with the Vive. Can have subtle latency issues that you may not perceive but is there. I am surprised it's working for you though, makes me think I may be one of an unlucky few that have a bad card?
Tracy48 said:I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software.

In general it is not recommended to use adapters like that with the Vive. Can have subtle latency issues that you may not perceive but is there.

I am surprised it's working for you though, makes me think I may be one of an unlucky few that have a bad card?

Posted 06/09/2016 07:03 PM   
any update on this bug from the Nvidia side???
any update on this bug from the Nvidia side???

Posted 06/12/2016 04:08 AM   
Hello, Is There any news about that? I ll tried everything, i am connected by minidp to dp ans it does not work. I want to ne sûre The problèm is from The Gtx 1080. Thank you
Hello,

Is There any news about that?

I ll tried everything, i am connected by minidp to dp ans it does not work.

I want to ne sûre The problèm is from The Gtx 1080.

Thank you

Posted 06/14/2016 09:09 AM   
[quote="buckjohnston"][quote="Tracy48"]I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software. [/quote] In general it is not recommended to use adapters like that with the Vive. Can have subtle latency issues that you may not perceive but is there. I am surprised it's working for you though, makes me think I may be one of an unlucky few that have a bad card?[/quote]
buckjohnston said:
Tracy48 said:I have tv to hdmi port and Vive hooked up to a display port to hdmi adapter. I tried mine out last night. It works fine.. maybe try the updated patch they released for the fan issue? I did have to reinstall my steam vr software.

In general it is not recommended to use adapters like that with the Vive. Can have subtle latency issues that you may not perceive but is there.

I am surprised it's working for you though, makes me think I may be one of an unlucky few that have a bad card?

Posted 06/14/2016 01:09 PM   
  1 / 6    
Scroll To Top