GTX 1080 Founders Edition FAN ISSUE!
  1 / 13    
Hey:( I got a new GTX 1080 FE from Zotac today... i have a problem.. every time i play a game like overwatch, doom etc. my fan goes crazy... but only short it rapidly rises to 2800 rpm and then rapidly falls down again to normal rpm... it happens by every temperature... sometimes it doesnt happen seconds or minutes... but after a time it again rapidly rises und falls again... i knew this problem in older grafic series... i think it was fixed with a bios update... i have power and very high fps.... but the fan issue makes me crazy... it cant be normal ... already tried msi afterburner with manual fan option... it doesnt work... do you have an idea? also tried to refresh Driver... is it normal? or should i change the card? dont want to:( because my seller is out of stock... dont want to wait so long:(
Hey:(

I got a new GTX 1080 FE from Zotac today...

i have a problem.. every time i play a game like overwatch, doom
etc. my fan goes crazy... but only short it rapidly rises to 2800 rpm and then rapidly falls down again to normal rpm... it happens by every temperature... sometimes it doesnt happen seconds or minutes... but after a time it again rapidly rises und falls again... i knew this problem in older grafic series... i think it was fixed with a bios update... i have power and very high fps.... but the fan issue makes me crazy... it cant be normal ... already tried msi afterburner with manual fan option... it doesnt work... do you have an idea? also tried to refresh Driver...

is it normal? or should i change the card? dont want to:( because my seller is out of stock... dont want to wait so long:(

Posted 05/27/2016 08:34 PM   
always happens when game needs full boost clock... 1700-1850 mhz it does not happen when i play diablo 3... here i have 144fps with only 1300-1400 clock
always happens when game needs full boost clock... 1700-1850 mhz

it does not happen when i play diablo 3... here i have 144fps with only 1300-1400 clock

Posted 05/27/2016 08:42 PM   
is idle temperature 45 celcius in destop normal?
is idle temperature 45 celcius in destop normal?

Posted 05/27/2016 08:57 PM   
anyone knows the issue with the fan? normal?
anyone knows the issue with the fan? normal?

Posted 05/27/2016 09:30 PM   
Get MSI afterburner and set a custom fan profile. See if that helps.
Get MSI afterburner and set a custom fan profile. See if that helps.

Posted 05/28/2016 05:48 AM   
[quote="cyraX_85"]Hey:( I got a new GTX 1080 FE from Zotac today... i have a problem.. every time i play a game like overwatch, doo etc. my fan goes crazy... but only short it rapidly rises to 2800 rpm and then rapidly falls down again to normal rpm... it happens by every temperature... sometimes it doesnt happen seconds or minutes... but after a time it again rapidly rises und falls again... i knew this oroblem in older grafic series... it was fixed with a bios update... everything is fine.. i habe power and very high fps.... but the fan issue makes me crazy... it cant be normal ... already tried msi afterburner with manual fan option... it doesnt work... do you have an idea? also tired to refresh driver... is it normal? or should i change the card? dont want to:( because my seller is out of stock... dont want to wait so long:([/quote] I have the same issue with my EVGA GTX 1080 FE! Tested so far in Valley Benchmark, The Division, DOOM, GTA V and Elite Dangerous. The fan goes crazy like you said... As you can see on screenshot [img]https://picload.org/image/rgcpgppw/messnung1.jpg[/img] EVGA Bios Version [img]https://picload.org/image/rgcpgpwr/nvinsp.jpg[/img] Hope it´s no hardware defect!
cyraX_85 said:Hey:(

I got a new GTX 1080 FE from Zotac today...

i have a problem.. every time i play a game like overwatch, doo
etc. my fan goes crazy... but only short it rapidly rises to 2800 rpm and then rapidly falls down again to normal rpm... it happens by every temperature... sometimes it doesnt happen seconds or minutes... but after a time it again rapidly rises und falls again... i knew this oroblem in older grafic series... it was fixed with a bios update... everything is fine.. i habe power and very high fps.... but the fan issue makes me crazy... it cant be normal ... already tried msi afterburner with manual fan option... it doesnt work... do you have an idea? also tired to refresh driver...

is it normal? or should i change the card? dont want to:( because my seller is out of stock... dont want to wait so long:(

I have the same issue with my EVGA GTX 1080 FE! Tested so far in Valley Benchmark, The Division, DOOM, GTA V and Elite Dangerous. The fan goes crazy like you said...

As you can see on screenshot

EVGA Bios Version

Hope it´s no hardware defect!

Posted 05/28/2016 07:34 AM   
I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :(
I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :(

Posted 05/28/2016 10:06 AM   
[quote="cyraX_85"]I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :([/quote] I cannot believe you could get one, no matter the distance driven
cyraX_85 said:I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :(

I cannot believe you could get one, no matter the distance driven

Posted 05/28/2016 11:40 AM   
Is here a Nvidia Moderator who can confirm such problems in the Reference Modells (FE Editions)??? Very strange that it happens a second time from another brand (Zotac and after exchange also the Gigabyte Modell? Never ever! Would be a hard coincidence) ... Also the EVGA that was mentioned from the other guy... It has to be a firmware fault or driver fault... I hope it is not an error through a whole batch line... MAybe it is normal like this... but i cant imagine that this was intention
Is here a Nvidia Moderator who can confirm such problems in the Reference Modells (FE Editions)???

Very strange that it happens a second time from another brand (Zotac and after exchange also the Gigabyte Modell? Never ever! Would be a hard coincidence) ... Also the EVGA that was mentioned from the other guy...

It has to be a firmware fault or driver fault... I hope it is not an error through a whole batch line...

MAybe it is normal like this... but i cant imagine that this was intention

Posted 05/28/2016 11:44 AM   
[quote="FarmerFran"][quote="cyraX_85"]I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :([/quote] I cannot believe you could get one, no matter the distance driven[/quote] I was lucky... I got the last one...
FarmerFran said:
cyraX_85 said:I changed the card at my seller... now i have a gigabyte FE... Here exactly the same PROBLEM! So it has to be normal or it is a firmware ore driver problem!!! Cant believe i drove 2 Hours to change the card and now it is the same problem :(

I cannot believe you could get one, no matter the distance driven

I was lucky... I got the last one...

Posted 05/28/2016 11:46 AM   
wow - it seems GPU boost is still playing havoc with fans. I got one of these https://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/accelero-s3.html for a 760 and stuck a 140mm fan on it, plugged into the mobo. Works well but it is very wide and needs a mobo with a lot of clearance above the PCI slot. Seems like water cooling is becoming more and more the best option for Nvidia GPUs. Hopefully there will be some 1080 and 1070s released with the all in 1 water coolers.
wow - it seems GPU boost is still playing havoc with fans.

I got one of these https://www.arctic.ac/worldwide_en/accelero-s3.html for a 760 and stuck a 140mm fan on it, plugged into the mobo. Works well but it is very wide and needs a mobo with a lot of clearance above the PCI slot.

Seems like water cooling is becoming more and more the best option for Nvidia GPUs. Hopefully there will be some 1080 and 1070s released with the all in 1 water coolers.

Posted 05/28/2016 12:11 PM   
I have the exact same issue with my MSI GTX 1080 FE, a custom FAN profile in MSI Afterburner made no difference, unfortunately.
I have the exact same issue with my MSI GTX 1080 FE, a custom FAN profile in MSI Afterburner made no difference, unfortunately.

Posted 05/28/2016 12:36 PM   
Is it really loud or are you just making observations? I run: NZXT PHANTOM with 2x 200mm top fans 1x 140mm front fan 1x 200mm side fan 2x 120mm side fans Kraken x31 CPU cooler on my i7-6700K 2x - EVGA GTX780 in sli and it is quiet under load
Is it really loud or are you just making observations?

I run:

NZXT PHANTOM with
2x 200mm top fans
1x 140mm front fan
1x 200mm side fan
2x 120mm side fans
Kraken x31 CPU cooler on my i7-6700K

2x - EVGA GTX780 in sli

and it is quiet under load

Posted 05/28/2016 01:21 PM   
I too have this issue on a Gigabyte 1080 FE http://postimg.org/image/5wzk74wzv/ is my results from GPU-Z. What i notice is the RPM changed but the fan speed % stays the same. In addition, manually setting the speed in afterburner also did not have any effect. No profile, auto or manual, Nothing helps. And yes, it is noticably loud, like the volume at which the GPU posts on boot up from cold. I think its a 75% RPM spike. Do i return this thing?
I too have this issue on a Gigabyte 1080 FE
http://postimg.org/image/5wzk74wzv/
is my results from GPU-Z. What i notice is the RPM changed but the fan speed % stays the same.

In addition, manually setting the speed in afterburner also did not have any effect. No profile, auto or manual, Nothing helps.

And yes, it is noticably loud, like the volume at which the GPU posts on boot up from cold. I think its a 75% RPM spike.

Do i return this thing?

Posted 05/28/2016 01:48 PM   
I already exchanged the Card at my seller... with no result... same Problem... zotac and Gigabyte... thats really why i think ist a Driver or Firmware Problem... i have the Feeling it happnes when gpu boosts or value changes
I already exchanged the Card at my seller... with no result... same Problem... zotac and Gigabyte... thats really why i think ist a Driver or Firmware Problem... i have the Feeling it happnes when gpu boosts or value changes

Posted 05/28/2016 01:58 PM   
  1 / 13    
Scroll To Top