Next-gen NVIDIA Shield tablet leaked by the FCC?
  1 / 2    
http://liliputing.com/2016/05/next-gen-nvidia-shield-tablet-leaked-fcc.html "While the FCC documents are light on specs, here’s what we do know: It supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz 802.11ac WiFi. The tablet has a micro USB port. There’s Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy support. The tablet measures 8.6″ x 4.8″ x 0.3″ and weighs 12.3 ounces." "The tablet’s model number is P2290W."
http://liliputing.com/2016/05/next-gen-nvidia-shield-tablet-leaked-fcc.html

"While the FCC documents are light on specs, here’s what we do know:
It supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz 802.11ac WiFi.
The tablet has a micro USB port.
There’s Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy support.
The tablet measures 8.6″ x 4.8″ x 0.3″ and weighs 12.3 ounces."

"The tablet’s model number is P2290W."

Posted 05/12/2016 07:14 PM   
No mini HDMI out :-(
No mini HDMI out :-(

Posted 05/12/2016 07:37 PM   
[quote="Streakthequad"]No mini HDMI out :-( [/quote] That is a pisser.
Streakthequad said:No mini HDMI out :-(

That is a pisser.

Posted 05/12/2016 07:44 PM   
I found it at the top of my Facebook trending. Lol don't expect this to come anytime soon, think of the shield portable 2 and its FCC claims.
I found it at the top of my Facebook trending. Lol don't expect this to come anytime soon, think of the shield portable 2 and its FCC claims.

MSI cx61 gaming laptop
I5 4210 processer
GT 820m GPU
12gb ram

PS4, PS3, Wii mini, New 3DS XL
Shield Tablet k1
IPhone 5c
IPad 2 *Retired*

Posted 05/12/2016 08:41 PM   
I would have to hope it has USB C as well, the FCC specs are not always a good indicator of what we will actually see. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with, certainly are due for a new one.
I would have to hope it has USB C as well, the FCC specs are not always a good indicator of what we will actually see.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with, certainly are due for a new one.

Posted 05/12/2016 08:41 PM   
Hey look, another hint at Hawkeye finally. This has been in the foster (Shield TV) code release for a while, right beside Loki (theorized portable 2). A few pieces of info I pulled from the code (disclaimer: this is all based on code that could change when the device is officially released) SoC: Tegra X1 RAM: 3 GB LPDDR4 Internal storage: 32GB emmc Models: Four are listed that match the current gen tablet - WiFi only, US/international lte, and international voice capable. Assumption is only the first three will get to market again. Screen resolution: 1200x1920 LTE chip: Icera E1729 (same as current tablet) Sources: http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=tegra/prebuilts-device-nvidia.git;a=tree;f=platform/hawkeye/products;h=5816562f0ea6829b26594d41fe717ce91f8a058b;hb=rel-24-foster-r2-partner http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=linux-3.10.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-hawkeye-p2290-3326-a03-00.dts;h=aac43e80a936138dd71b5e215c57f9680712834e;hb=rel-24-foster-r2 There's probably even more info floating around in the code, but it hasn't stuck out to me yet. Seems like a pretty standard upgrade. Next gen soc, a bit more ram, and possibly a storage size bump for the WiFi only edition. LTE staying the same is somewhat disappointing, though, seeing all the problems stock and custom ROMs have with it. *shrugs* Will be interesting to see if/when the official press announcement comes. Hopefully it'll be simultaneous with the new portable.
Hey look, another hint at Hawkeye finally. This has been in the foster (Shield TV) code release for a while, right beside Loki (theorized portable 2). A few pieces of info I pulled from the code (disclaimer: this is all based on code that could change when the device is officially released)

SoC: Tegra X1
RAM: 3 GB LPDDR4
Internal storage: 32GB emmc
Models: Four are listed that match the current gen tablet - WiFi only, US/international lte, and international voice capable. Assumption is only the first three will get to market again.
Screen resolution: 1200x1920
LTE chip: Icera E1729 (same as current tablet)

Sources:

http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=tegra/prebuilts-device-nvidia.git;a=tree;f=platform/hawkeye/products;h=5816562f0ea6829b26594d41fe717ce91f8a058b;hb=rel-24-foster-r2-partner

http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?p=linux-3.10.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-hawkeye-p2290-3326-a03-00.dts;h=aac43e80a936138dd71b5e215c57f9680712834e;hb=rel-24-foster-r2

There's probably even more info floating around in the code, but it hasn't stuck out to me yet. Seems like a pretty standard upgrade. Next gen soc, a bit more ram, and possibly a storage size bump for the WiFi only edition. LTE staying the same is somewhat disappointing, though, seeing all the problems stock and custom ROMs have with it. *shrugs* Will be interesting to see if/when the official press announcement comes. Hopefully it'll be simultaneous with the new portable.

Posted 05/12/2016 09:26 PM   
Right. Sure there will be a new tablet. Just like when everyone was sure about a new portable. Get over it there won't be a new tablet!
Right. Sure there will be a new tablet. Just like when everyone was sure about a new portable. Get over it there won't be a new tablet!
Seriously...my K1 just got here 3 days ago...
Seriously...my K1 just got here 3 days ago...

Posted 05/12/2016 10:05 PM   
[quote="GeorgeFord"]Seriously...my K1 just got here 3 days ago...[/quote] Nah there's gonna be no tablet. They did the same thing with the portable. They had code names, specs, and everything. Then Nvidia announced nothing. Same shit again.
GeorgeFord said:Seriously...my K1 just got here 3 days ago...
Nah there's gonna be no tablet. They did the same thing with the portable. They had code names, specs, and everything. Then Nvidia announced nothing. Same shit again.
The most important question is: will it include a charger and a cable???
The most important question is: will it include a charger and a cable???

Posted 05/13/2016 04:35 AM   
[quote="Streakthequad"]The most important question is: will it include a charger and a cable???[/quote] It will include nothing because there won't be another one.
Streakthequad said:The most important question is: will it include a charger and a cable???
It will include nothing because there won't be another one.
If no usb type c, no go for me.
If no usb type c, no go for me.

Posted 05/13/2016 06:18 AM   
There will be another shield tablet http://www.nu.nl/mobiel/4261013/nvidia-werkt-mogelijk-nieuwe-shield-gamingtablet.html Its in dutch try translate. Im so happy i returend my new (refurbished and old) k1. I really got the idea they used all returned old shield tablets and are selling them as "new" k1.
There will be another shield tablet

http://www.nu.nl/mobiel/4261013/nvidia-werkt-mogelijk-nieuwe-shield-gamingtablet.html

Its in dutch try translate.
Im so happy i returend my new (refurbished and old) k1. I really got the idea they used all returned old shield tablets and are selling them as "new" k1.

Posted 05/13/2016 07:55 AM   
[quote="Failrunner"]Nah there's gonna be no tablet. They did the same thing with the portable. They had code names, specs, and everything. Then Nvidia announced nothing. Same shit again.[/quote] Not sure why you assume this is accurate information? The Shield Tablet was effectively released as a successor to the portable I am not sure why that is difficult to understand? Nvidia likely thought releasing a tablet that could function the same as the portable with their controller would be a better selling item compared to a more dedicated "portable" gaming solution. I cannot say I blame them, for me gaming is secondary and I bought the tablet primarily for day to day use and gaming second. There is no way I would have bought a portable "2". Long story short I would be shocked if Nvidia was not working on a new tablet, I think they have been pretty successful so far expanding the shield brand and would want to continue that with a new model
Failrunner said:Nah there's gonna be no tablet. They did the same thing with the portable. They had code names, specs, and everything. Then Nvidia announced nothing. Same shit again.

Not sure why you assume this is accurate information? The Shield Tablet was effectively released as a successor to the portable I am not sure why that is difficult to understand?

Nvidia likely thought releasing a tablet that could function the same as the portable with their controller would be a better selling item compared to a more dedicated "portable" gaming solution. I cannot say I blame them, for me gaming is secondary and I bought the tablet primarily for day to day use and gaming second. There is no way I would have bought a portable "2".

Long story short I would be shocked if Nvidia was not working on a new tablet, I think they have been pretty successful so far expanding the shield brand and would want to continue that with a new model

Posted 05/13/2016 06:12 PM   
This might be Nintendo nx portable...
This might be Nintendo nx portable...

Posted 05/14/2016 03:22 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top