Official SHIELD Tablet K1 OTA 1.2 Feedback Thread (Released 04/13/16)
  1 / 10    
This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including: • Supports the new Vulkan™ API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware • Adds Android 6.0.1 changes including: [list] [.] Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode & Updated Emojis[/.] [.] Double Tap Power Button to launch SHIELD Camera app[/.] [.] Do Not Disturb Until Next Alarm[/.] [/list] • Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations • Adds USB MIDI support • Adds memory compression enhancement • Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep • Fixed Compass functionality • Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues • Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card • Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue • Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode • Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016 • Overall stability and security enhancements The update for the original SHIELD Tablet, including LTE models, will be made available in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience and support.
This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:

• Supports the new Vulkan™ API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware
• Adds Android 6.0.1 changes including:
  • Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode & Updated Emojis
  • Double Tap Power Button to launch SHIELD Camera app
  • Do Not Disturb Until Next Alarm

• Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations
• Adds USB MIDI support
• Adds memory compression enhancement
• Improved Wi-Fi connectivity when waking from sleep
• Fixed Compass functionality
• Fixed Gamepad Mapper issues
• Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card
• Fixed Doom 3 HDMI output issue
• Repositioned Lasso Capture icons in landscape mode
• Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level March 1, 2016
• Overall stability and security enhancements

The update for the original SHIELD Tablet, including LTE models, will be made available in a few weeks. Thanks for your patience and support.

Posted 04/12/2016 10:11 PM   
Is it just me or is the screen less responsive after the update, i've noticed IT în tomb raider -relic run
Is it just me or is the screen less responsive after the update, i've noticed IT în tomb raider -relic run

Posted 04/13/2016 06:45 PM   
"Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode" Why did you do this and how do I put the buttons back to where they should be, grouped together at the center where I won't accidentally hit them with my thumbs while I'm holding it? I think that was a bad design change.
"Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode"
Why did you do this and how do I put the buttons back to where they should be, grouped together at the center where I won't accidentally hit them with my thumbs while I'm holding it? I think that was a bad design change.

Posted 04/13/2016 07:08 PM   
Is there a way to go back to 1.1?
Is there a way to go back to 1.1?

Posted 04/13/2016 07:21 PM   
Please change the buttons back my hands are so large I keep hitting them when I hold the tablet comfortably.
Please change the buttons back my hands are so large I keep hitting them when I hold the tablet comfortably.

Posted 04/13/2016 08:11 PM   
I take it they are on the side, my nexus 5x has them there and I got used to it after a bit. However when the screen is 1920 x 1200 I doubt the wisdom of having them on the side? There is already a "spare bit" if you will on the bottom. Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days. Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description. I wonder how long us original ST owners actually end up waiting. Did the US LTE version even get the last update?
I take it they are on the side, my nexus 5x has them there and I got used to it after a bit. However when the screen is 1920 x 1200 I doubt the wisdom of having them on the side? There is already a "spare bit" if you will on the bottom.

Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days.

Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description. I wonder how long us original ST owners actually end up waiting. Did the US LTE version even get the last update?

Posted 04/13/2016 08:18 PM   
[quote="jezwinni"]Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days.[/quote] I hope you're right...! I've just updated and for at least half an hour the tablet was stuck in a bootloop. It did boot up in the end, but it's been quite "jerky" so far... I hope it gets better. [quote="jezwinni"]Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description.[/quote] They did mention support for the Doze mode, even though I haven't found a setting or something so far. [quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including: • Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations • Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card[/quote] What issues with moving apps to SD card have been dealt with?
jezwinni said:Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days.

I hope you're right...!

I've just updated and for at least half an hour the tablet was stuck in a bootloop. It did boot up in the end, but it's been quite "jerky" so far... I hope it gets better.

jezwinni said:Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description.

They did mention support for the Doze mode, even though I haven't found a setting or something so far.

PeterS@NVIDIA said:This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:

• Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations

• Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card

What issues with moving apps to SD card have been dealt with?

Posted 04/13/2016 08:53 PM   
Mine wont even install the update it keeps saying error
Mine wont even install the update it keeps saying error

Posted 04/13/2016 09:07 PM   
[quote="CasperHxly"]Mine wont even install the update it keeps saying error[/quote] Same here, I unrooted and restored stock recovery to get the installation process going (same procedure as always), but unfortunately, I always end up getting the "Error!" message after a while, thus having to manually turn off the system. I didn't have any issue like this with 1.1, and I can't really think of any substantial change to my system since then. Anyone got any tips?
CasperHxly said:Mine wont even install the update it keeps saying error

Same here, I unrooted and restored stock recovery to get the installation process going (same procedure as always), but unfortunately, I always end up getting the "Error!" message after a while, thus having to manually turn off the system. I didn't have any issue like this with 1.1, and I can't really think of any substantial change to my system since then.
Anyone got any tips?

Posted 04/13/2016 09:49 PM   
Update seems to work fine for me.
Update seems to work fine for me.

Posted 04/13/2016 10:10 PM   
Update went flawless for me, no problems at all. Just can't find any new power consumption optimization settings so I wish they'd tell us what exactly was changed. [quote="Panzerfaus"]Please change the buttons back my hands are so large I keep hitting them when I hold the tablet comfortably.[/quote] I think the buttons change is an an android change and not Nvidia's. Also they aren't so bad, I kind of like them there where they are now they actually make a lot more sense efficiency wise. I can quickly go back a page just by moving my thumb slightly.
Update went flawless for me, no problems at all. Just can't find any new power consumption optimization settings so I wish they'd tell us what exactly was changed.

Panzerfaus said:Please change the buttons back my hands are so large I keep hitting them when I hold the tablet comfortably.

I think the buttons change is an an android change and not Nvidia's. Also they aren't so bad, I kind of like them there where they are now they actually make a lot more sense efficiency wise. I can quickly go back a page just by moving my thumb slightly.

Posted 04/13/2016 10:19 PM   
put the buttons back please.
put the buttons back please.

MSI cx61 gaming laptop
I5 4210 processer
GT 820m GPU
12gb ram

PS4, PS3, Wii mini, New 3DS XL
Shield Tablet k1
IPhone 5c
IPad 2 *Retired*

Posted 04/13/2016 10:50 PM   
For those getting an error attempting to download or install the OTA, are your devices rooted or stock?
For those getting an error attempting to download or install the OTA, are your devices rooted or stock?

Home::MSI Z170I::Intel 6700k::16GB Corsair DDR4 3200mhz::Samsung 256gb M.2(OS)::Titan Xp:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q: Custom waterloop
Test rig::i9 7900...waiting on a mobo...
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code FAQ

Posted 04/13/2016 10:53 PM   
[quote="Alverant"]"Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode" Why did you do this and how do I put the buttons back to where they should be, grouped together at the center where I won't accidentally hit them with my thumbs while I'm holding it? I think that was a bad design change.[/quote] This is in line with Google Android changes.
Alverant said:"Repositioned Navigation Buttons in Landscape mode"
Why did you do this and how do I put the buttons back to where they should be, grouped together at the center where I won't accidentally hit them with my thumbs while I'm holding it? I think that was a bad design change.

This is in line with Google Android changes.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 04/13/2016 11:00 PM   
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]For those getting an error attempting to download or install the OTA, are your devices rooted or stock?[/quote] Well, yes, like I said, I went through the motions, unrooting and flashing the stock recovery to even get to the update screen (without that it would just reboot as usual). As far as I can recall, this worked just fine for the 1.1 OTA update. Btw, someone over at XDA just posted his log about the same issue: "Verifying current system... "EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX:6699412:2dedcfe2f04<very large hex>" has unexpected contents. E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map (Status 7) Installation aborted."
Josh@NVIDIA said:For those getting an error attempting to download or install the OTA, are your devices rooted or stock?

Well, yes, like I said, I went through the motions, unrooting and flashing the stock recovery to even get to the update screen (without that it would just reboot as usual). As far as I can recall, this worked just fine for the 1.1 OTA update.
Btw, someone over at XDA just posted his log about the same issue:

"Verifying current system...
"EMMC:/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/LNX:6699412:2dedcfe2f04<very large hex>" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)
Installation aborted."

Posted 04/13/2016 11:05 PM   
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top