Official SHIELD Tablet K1 OTA 1.2 Feedback Thread (Released 04/13/16)
  2 / 10    
[quote="endorfin"][quote="jezwinni"]Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days.[/quote] I hope you're right...! I've just updated and for at least half an hour the tablet was stuck in a bootloop. It did boot up in the end, but it's been quite "jerky" so far... I hope it gets better. [quote="jezwinni"]Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description.[/quote] They did mention support for the Doze mode, even though I haven't found a setting or something so far. [quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including: • Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations • Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card[/quote] What issues with moving apps to SD card have been dealt with? [/quote] Doze mode is automatic. Simply leave your tablet with the screen off without moving it for a period and it will automatically enter doze mode.
endorfin said:
jezwinni said:Also if things are a bit jerky after the update it usually settles down after a couple of days.

I hope you're right...!

I've just updated and for at least half an hour the tablet was stuck in a bootloop. It did boot up in the end, but it's been quite "jerky" so far... I hope it gets better.

jezwinni said:Hope this actually fixes the misc battery, although not mentioned in the description.

They did mention support for the Doze mode, even though I haven't found a setting or something so far.

PeterS@NVIDIA said:This update for SHIELD tablet K1 contains important system enhancements & bug fixes, including:

• Support for Android Doze mode & additional power optimizations

• Fixed issues with moving apps to SD card

What issues with moving apps to SD card have been dealt with?

Doze mode is automatic. Simply leave your tablet with the screen off without moving it for a period and it will automatically enter doze mode.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 04/13/2016 11:11 PM   
Can anyone confirm if it's safe to update yet? No wifi destroying bugs, no battery usage through the roof, etc?
Can anyone confirm if it's safe to update yet? No wifi destroying bugs, no battery usage through the roof, etc?

MSI cx61 gaming laptop
I5 4210 processer
GT 820m GPU
12gb ram

PS4, PS3, Wii mini, New 3DS XL
Shield Tablet k1
IPhone 5c
IPad 2 *Retired*

Posted 04/14/2016 12:00 AM   
Okay, I cannot install this update. I am rooted and I have a TWRP recovery. Every other OTA update has worked fine except this one. Any tips, or should I flash back to stock?
Okay, I cannot install this update. I am rooted and I have a TWRP recovery. Every other OTA update has worked fine except this one. Any tips, or should I flash back to stock?

Posted 04/14/2016 12:09 AM   
Okay I attempted to update and I got the error. I'm not rooted.
Okay I attempted to update and I got the error. I'm not rooted.

MSI cx61 gaming laptop
I5 4210 processer
GT 820m GPU
12gb ram

PS4, PS3, Wii mini, New 3DS XL
Shield Tablet k1
IPhone 5c
IPad 2 *Retired*

Posted 04/14/2016 12:14 AM   
- Android 6.0+ OTAs requires an untempered /sys partition, guys. Unrooting and flashing stock recovery wont suffice! = your sys partition will still have been tempered with! The only way to take OTAs is to flash the whole img back. (EDIT: flashing the /sys partition should be enough, but thats still a lot a flashing around) (Or use systemless root, but that's another story.) Update was successful here; new buttons placement is a bit weird, but I guess we'll get used to it..
- Android 6.0+ OTAs requires an untempered /sys partition, guys.

Unrooting and flashing stock recovery wont suffice! = your sys partition will still have been tempered with!

The only way to take OTAs is to flash the whole img back.
(EDIT: flashing the /sys partition should be enough, but thats still a lot a flashing around)
(Or use systemless root, but that's another story.)

Update was successful here; new buttons placement is a bit weird, but I guess we'll get used to it..

Posted 04/14/2016 12:38 AM   
[quote="Ak47clower"]Can anyone confirm if it's safe to update yet? No wifi destroying bugs, no battery usage through the roof, etc? [/quote]Actually this update fixed the WiFi issues I used to have, and I don't get the miscellaneous consuming my battery anymore. I really hope it stays like this because I've been looking for a fix to these problems for a month now
Ak47clower said:Can anyone confirm if it's safe to update yet? No wifi destroying bugs, no battery usage through the roof, etc?
Actually this update fixed the WiFi issues I used to have, and I don't get the miscellaneous consuming my battery anymore. I really hope it stays like this because I've been looking for a fix to these problems for a month now

Posted 04/14/2016 01:22 AM   
New buttons placement are actually awesome, I love them. Only reason they seem bad is because people always hate to change their routines and things they are accustomed to but the new placement actually makes more sense. And besides it's an Android change not an Nvidia one so if you really hate it that much and refuse to get used to what is new then it is probably best to go talk to Google about it.
New buttons placement are actually awesome, I love them. Only reason they seem bad is because people always hate to change their routines and things they are accustomed to but the new placement actually makes more sense. And besides it's an Android change not an Nvidia one so if you really hate it that much and refuse to get used to what is new then it is probably best to go talk to Google about it.

Posted 04/14/2016 01:42 AM   
[quote="wewewi"]- Android 6.0+ OTAs requires an untempered /sys partition, guys. Unrooting and flashing stock recovery wont suffice! = your sys partition will still have been tempered with! The only way to take OTAs is to flash the whole img back. (Or use systemless root, but that's another story.) Update was successful here; new buttons placement is a bit weird, but I guess we'll get used to it..[/quote] This is correct. Make sure to fall everything.
wewewi said:- Android 6.0+ OTAs requires an untempered /sys partition, guys.

Unrooting and flashing stock recovery wont suffice! = your sys partition will still have been tempered with!

The only way to take OTAs is to flash the whole img back.
(Or use systemless root, but that's another story.)

Update was successful here; new buttons placement is a bit weird, but I guess we'll get used to it..

This is correct. Make sure to fall everything.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 04/14/2016 01:43 AM   
Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)
Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)

Posted 04/14/2016 02:27 AM   
On a side note, I trust many [s]crybabies[/s] users will be happy to learn they got rid of the "Miscellaneous battery reading bug". (Even though most will probably find something else to complain with) I'm pretty darn sure it really was only a battery reading bug than actual battery drain, but in any case, you shouldnt see it ever again.
On a side note, I trust many crybabies users will be happy to learn they got rid of the "Miscellaneous battery reading bug". (Even though most will probably find something else to complain with)

I'm pretty darn sure it really was only a battery reading bug than actual battery drain, but in any case, you shouldnt see it ever again.

Posted 04/14/2016 02:38 AM   
After updating to 1.2 there is a black line running through the bottom third of the tablet. How can I fix this?
After updating to 1.2 there is a black line running through the bottom third of the tablet. How can I fix this?

Posted 04/14/2016 03:03 AM   
I always roll back to full stock of the last version before taking the OTA. But that's just me.
I always roll back to full stock of the last version before taking the OTA. But that's just me.

Shane R. Monroe
NVidia Shield Zone - Shield Device Utopia
Shield TV Compatibility List - Contribute Today
Shield Help and Chat Room - Come chat!

Posted 04/14/2016 03:14 AM   
[quote="uga_boy"]Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)[/quote] Pardon me. But how or what do you mean by systemless root?
uga_boy said:Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)

Pardon me. But how or what do you mean by systemless root?

Posted 04/14/2016 03:22 AM   
[quote="SteinzGate"][quote="uga_boy"]Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)[/quote] Pardon me. But how or what do you mean by systemless root? [/quote] http://bfy.tw/5GAw
SteinzGate said:
uga_boy said:Running great so far. Installed without a hitch on stock recovery. I had systemless root on 1.1 and now again on 1.2. Makes OTA installs a snap. :)

Pardon me. But how or what do you mean by systemless root?

http://bfy.tw/5GAw

Posted 04/14/2016 03:58 AM   
Seems OK for me. Battery seems to be fixed though I'm still connected via WiFi and airplane mode is on.
Seems OK for me. Battery seems to be fixed though I'm still connected via WiFi and airplane mode is on.

Posted 04/14/2016 04:50 AM   
  2 / 10    
Scroll To Top