Dark Souls III - 3D vision
  11 / 25    
[quote="D-Man11"]It was a twitter post. RE: Dark Souls III Server bans - I'm gathering all the information that I can to clarify - Will be sharing tomorrow https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/722950789463875584[/quote] Here is the response to that apparently: https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/722951037896626177 [quote="aeliusg"]I heard that users could be restored in DS2 by waiting 30 days or something without playing the game (I will try to dig up the source, it was a Reddit post). You could try family sharing with another account to let your main one "cool down." Don't replace your save, of course, or that one will also be flagged, I think. AFAIK the game also detects things like CE in offline mode and flags you locally, then tells the server when you next log-in from what I've gathered. Things have been a mess so far, I think they will probably undo this first ban wave since some people may have been flagged due to crashes. I hope any users unjustly affected by this can get things resolved.[/quote] Yeah, I don't really care about the PVP part but the CO-OP part was quite interesting and I enjoyed it from time to time:) In any case, I bought the game as a Single Player game with CO-OP features but apparently it will be Single Player only;) Not much of a problem! I finished both DS1 and DS2 in Single-Player and actually enjoyed the challenge;) That being said I don't really care;) I will finish my game on the "banned" account that used Cheat Engine for Surround purposes one week ago (before 0.4 patch) and see in the feature if this gets resolved or not;) One thing to remember though... Next time From Software releases something I WILL PIRATE THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!! With practices like these they don't deserve the money! (Generalistic message that doesn't tell you what to do to actually validate your data back and bans afterwards... Honestly I think there isn't anything you can do about it).
D-Man11 said:It was a twitter post.

RE: Dark Souls III Server bans - I'm gathering all the information that I can to clarify - Will be sharing tomorrow

https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/722950789463875584

Here is the response to that apparently:
https://twitter.com/JKartje/status/722951037896626177

aeliusg said:I heard that users could be restored in DS2 by waiting 30 days or something without playing the game (I will try to dig up the source, it was a Reddit post). You could try family sharing with another account to let your main one "cool down." Don't replace your save, of course, or that one will also be flagged, I think. AFAIK the game also detects things like CE in offline mode and flags you locally, then tells the server when you next log-in from what I've gathered. Things have been a mess so far, I think they will probably undo this first ban wave since some people may have been flagged due to crashes. I hope any users unjustly affected by this can get things resolved.

Yeah, I don't really care about the PVP part but the CO-OP part was quite interesting and I enjoyed it from time to time:)

In any case, I bought the game as a Single Player game with CO-OP features but apparently it will be Single Player only;)
Not much of a problem! I finished both DS1 and DS2 in Single-Player and actually enjoyed the challenge;)
That being said I don't really care;) I will finish my game on the "banned" account that used Cheat Engine for Surround purposes one week ago (before 0.4 patch) and see in the feature if this gets resolved or not;)

One thing to remember though... Next time From Software releases something I WILL PIRATE THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!!
With practices like these they don't deserve the money! (Generalistic message that doesn't tell you what to do to actually validate your data back and bans afterwards... Honestly I think there isn't anything you can do about it).

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1
GT555M (1.5GB VRAM) - Regular LG LCD
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
256 SSD + 512GB mechanical HDD
-
Paypal for donations: tavyhome@gmail.com

Posted 04/21/2016 07:09 PM   
In any case!!! First Release of the fix! is up with a lot of other stuff fixed as described in the previous posts! If somebody is still interested in the fix: http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/dark-souls-3-3d-vision-fix.html If you feel adventurous and want to come to the "Dark Side" you have nothing to worry about... if not....^_^ If you are encountering any halos or wrong effects please post it here! (Screenshot + Savegame) Cheers!
In any case!!!
First Release of the fix! is up with a lot of other stuff fixed as described in the previous posts!
If somebody is still interested in the fix:
http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/dark-souls-3-3d-vision-fix.html

If you feel adventurous and want to come to the "Dark Side" you have nothing to worry about... if not....^_^

If you are encountering any halos or wrong effects please post it here!
(Screenshot + Savegame)

Cheers!

It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 07:35 PM   
Thanks Helifax - I am taking a risk. Going to test it right now. Edit: I have broken shadows all over the game. I mean dynamic ones. No matter what depth or light setting I am on. That is on Release version of the fix.
Thanks Helifax - I am taking a risk. Going to test it right now.

Edit: I have broken shadows all over the game. I mean dynamic ones. No matter what depth or light setting I am on.
That is on Release version of the fix.
[quote="SKAUT"]Thanks Helifax - I am taking a risk. Going to test it right now. Edit: I have broken shadows all over the game. I mean dynamic ones. No matter what depth or light setting I am on. That is on Release version of the fix.[/quote] Let me check something;) I wonder if is not a difference between surround and single screen... EDIT: Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...
SKAUT said:Thanks Helifax - I am taking a risk. Going to test it right now.

Edit: I have broken shadows all over the game. I mean dynamic ones. No matter what depth or light setting I am on.
That is on Release version of the fix.

Let me check something;)
I wonder if is not a difference between surround and single screen...

EDIT:
Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 08:14 PM   
Thanks Helifax. :) At the moment I did not get any ban notification and I am still able to play online. I hope it will stay like this.
Thanks Helifax. :) At the moment I did not get any ban notification and I am still able to play online. I hope it will stay like this.

Intel Core i7-3820, 4 X 3,60 GHz overclocked to 4,50 GHz ; EVGA Titan X 12VRAM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-1600 (4x 4 GB) ; Asus VG278H 27-inch incl. 3D vision 2 glasses, integrated transmitter ; Xbox One Elite wireless controller ; Windows 10
HTC VIVE 2,5 m2 roomscale
3D VISION GAMERS - VISIT ME ON STEAM and feel free to add me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064106555/edit

Posted 04/21/2016 08:21 PM   
[quote="helifax"]Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...[/quote] Woah. When you find what is different in a single screen, please tell us. Different formula needed? Different shaders?... Thank you for everything you have done. This will be great to play when I buy the game. I'm already being awed with Dark Souls 2: SOTFS (first playthough I do with the shaders fixed since the beginning). The same will happen with DS3 and from the first boot! Not related to 3D, but I want to give you an idea. If antialiasing in the game is too blurry (shitty FXAA), you can tweak the pixel shader. But I'm sure you know that and you have bigger priorities ;).
helifax said:Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...

Woah. When you find what is different in a single screen, please tell us. Different formula needed? Different shaders?...

Thank you for everything you have done. This will be great to play when I buy the game. I'm already being awed with Dark Souls 2: SOTFS (first playthough I do with the shaders fixed since the beginning). The same will happen with DS3 and from the first boot!

Not related to 3D, but I want to give you an idea. If antialiasing in the game is too blurry (shitty FXAA), you can tweak the pixel shader. But I'm sure you know that and you have bigger priorities ;).

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 04/21/2016 08:37 PM   
Update: - FIXED shadows for Single Screen users ([color="green"]Release 0.2[/color]) (Sorry, I normally run Surround and I simply forgot to test it on Single Screen as I need to disable Surround otherwise the game still picks surround and surround Windows resolution up :( Tested on the Laptop and works perfectly fine now) - Fixed an error in a HUD shader putting it in 2D. Fix is live on http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/dark-souls-3-3d-vision-fix.html
Update:
- FIXED shadows for Single Screen users (Release 0.2)
(Sorry, I normally run Surround and I simply forgot to test it on Single Screen as I need to disable Surround otherwise the game still picks surround and surround Windows resolution up :(
Tested on the Laptop and works perfectly fine now)

- Fixed an error in a HUD shader putting it in 2D.

Fix is live on http://helixmod.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/dark-souls-3-3d-vision-fix.html

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 08:52 PM   
[quote="masterotaku"][quote="helifax"]Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...[/quote] Woah. When you find what is different in a single screen, please tell us. Different formula needed? Different shaders?... [/quote] Normally in Surround (since it uses 3 screens) all you need to do is: [code] o0.x += "FANCY FORMULA HERE" * 3; [/code] (Yupp multiply it by 3 for 3 screens obviously;) ) This is actually a very good exercise! Because in Surround if you *3 and doesn't look properly it means that: - Your formula is wrong;) - Your approximation is not approx. enough for a higher/different resolution, depth, convergence ;)) The idea is to make it work across all screens, depth values and of course convergence values;))
masterotaku said:
helifax said:Yupp! I see they are broken in single screen... /sigh...

Woah. When you find what is different in a single screen, please tell us. Different formula needed? Different shaders?...

Normally in Surround (since it uses 3 screens) all you need to do is:

o0.x += "FANCY FORMULA HERE" * 3;

(Yupp multiply it by 3 for 3 screens obviously;) )

This is actually a very good exercise! Because in Surround if you *3 and doesn't look properly it means that:
- Your formula is wrong;)
- Your approximation is not approx. enough for a higher/different resolution, depth, convergence ;))

The idea is to make it work across all screens, depth values and of course convergence values;))

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 08:56 PM   
Thanks for your hard work, not to mention your sacrifice to the dark side, to bring us this. May the eh... shadows? guide youy!
Thanks for your hard work, not to mention your sacrifice to the dark side, to bring us this. May the eh... shadows? guide youy!

Posted 04/21/2016 08:57 PM   
[quote="KaiZas"]Thanks for your hard work, not to mention your sacrifice to the dark side, to bring us this. May the eh... shadows? guide youy![/quote] Thank you;) I actually enjoyed the previous 2 DS games. (never saw a reason to get the DX11 DS2 upgrade as the WHOLE content is available in the DX9 variant of the game. Buying the same game twice is not my motto ^_^). Hence the desire to fix this one as much as possible;) I am not banned just yet;) I get the warning message;) However some say is a matter of time before you get soft-banned... Others claim they are having the warning from like 3 days ago (Cheat engine materials and stuff in offline mode. I never player with the character in offline/online mode but with the engine trying to hack it to work in Surround). But who knows;) Maybe all I get is a warning due to my offline Surround fixing attempt (CE) or maybe I will get banned;) In any case, I will let you know if I will get banned eventually or not;))
KaiZas said:Thanks for your hard work, not to mention your sacrifice to the dark side, to bring us this. May the eh... shadows? guide youy!

Thank you;) I actually enjoyed the previous 2 DS games. (never saw a reason to get the DX11 DS2 upgrade as the WHOLE content is available in the DX9 variant of the game. Buying the same game twice is not my motto ^_^).
Hence the desire to fix this one as much as possible;)

I am not banned just yet;) I get the warning message;) However some say is a matter of time before you get soft-banned...
Others claim they are having the warning from like 3 days ago (Cheat engine materials and stuff in offline mode. I never player with the character in offline/online mode but with the engine trying to hack it to work in Surround).

But who knows;) Maybe all I get is a warning due to my offline Surround fixing attempt (CE) or maybe I will get banned;)
In any case, I will let you know if I will get banned eventually or not;))

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 09:09 PM   
[quote="helifax"] Normally in Surround (since it uses 3 screens) all you need to do is: [code] o0.x += "FANCY FORMULA HERE" * 3; [/code] (Yupp multiply it by 3 for 3 screens obviously;) )[/quote] Waaaaaait.... Does that mean that most fixes in the helixmod blog don't work correctly with 3 monitors? And I think it's weird that the formula has to be multiplied by 3. Shouldn't everything work no matter the aspect ratio? I could test games at 1920x360 if it counts as equivalent.
helifax said:

Waaaaaait.... Does that mean that most fixes in the helixmod blog don't work correctly with 3 monitors?

And I think it's weird that the formula has to be multiplied by 3. Shouldn't everything work no matter the aspect ratio? I could test games at 1920x360 if it counts as equivalent.

Email for PayPal donations: masterotakusuko@gmail.com
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
RAM: GSKILL Ripjaws Z 16GB 3866MHz CL18
GPU: Gainward Phoenix 1080 GLH
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Speakers: Logitech Z506

Posted 04/21/2016 09:27 PM   
Well, I'll be using your 3D fix no matter what, I can't do flat-world any more. Been at it since you updated to .02 and so far so good. It's still a little wonky, but wonky I can live with. Thanks again!
Well, I'll be using your 3D fix no matter what, I can't do flat-world any more. Been at it since you updated to .02 and so far so good. It's still a little wonky, but wonky I can live with.

Thanks again!

Posted 04/21/2016 09:30 PM   
[quote="masterotaku"][quote="helifax"] Normally in Surround (since it uses 3 screens) all you need to do is: [code] o0.x += "FANCY FORMULA HERE" * 3; [/code] (Yupp multiply it by 3 for 3 screens obviously;) )[/quote] Waaaaaait.... Does that mean that most fixes in the helixmod blog don't work correctly with 3 monitors? And I think it's weird that the formula has to be multiplied by 3. Shouldn't everything work no matter the aspect ratio? I could test games at 1920x360 if it counts as equivalent.[/quote] No, 95% of them work perfectly fine! The ones that had to use this correction that come to my mind: - Lords of the Fallen (shadow related) - DA:I (I think?!?!) - ROTTR has something like this as well for some shaders. - I think Dishonored required it?!?! (can't remember) - DS3 obviously NOT all shaders require this! For example all the other shaders WORK perfectly fine in Single and Surround in DS3 and other games;) But some shadows always require it;) Also found it to kinda be applicable to shadows only;) for some reason;) If you see a fix that requires to setup a [Constant] for Surround in the ini file this is likely the cause;) I can only speculate but I think the separation that 3DMigoto or the Nvidia driver is returning is actually applicable for one screen only;) Actually NVAPI allows you to enumerate the Mosaic configuration (Surround called on Windows) based on that configuration you apply different things;) I had to do the same exact thing in my wrapper for Surround ^_^, but since bo3b and DarkStarSword don't have a Surround config I bet they aren't even aware of it;) I would gladly put the code in 3DMigoto for this, but I am unsure where to actually put it;)) and I am afraid not to break anything as I am not familiar with the code-base and such;) Also DX is not exactly in my field of expertise;)) I am more of an OpenGL guy ;) (luckily the difference between GLSL and HLSL is practically non-existent ^_^).
masterotaku said:
helifax said:

Waaaaaait.... Does that mean that most fixes in the helixmod blog don't work correctly with 3 monitors?

And I think it's weird that the formula has to be multiplied by 3. Shouldn't everything work no matter the aspect ratio? I could test games at 1920x360 if it counts as equivalent.

No, 95% of them work perfectly fine!
The ones that had to use this correction that come to my mind:
- Lords of the Fallen (shadow related)
- DA:I (I think?!?!)
- ROTTR has something like this as well for some shaders.
- I think Dishonored required it?!?! (can't remember)
- DS3 obviously

NOT all shaders require this! For example all the other shaders WORK perfectly fine in Single and Surround in DS3 and other games;) But some shadows always require it;) Also found it to kinda be applicable to shadows only;) for some reason;)

If you see a fix that requires to setup a [Constant] for Surround in the ini file this is likely the cause;)

I can only speculate but I think the separation that 3DMigoto or the Nvidia driver is returning is actually applicable for one screen only;)

Actually NVAPI allows you to enumerate the Mosaic configuration (Surround called on Windows) based on that configuration you apply different things;)

I had to do the same exact thing in my wrapper for Surround ^_^, but since bo3b and DarkStarSword don't have a Surround config I bet they aren't even aware of it;)

I would gladly put the code in 3DMigoto for this, but I am unsure where to actually put it;)) and I am afraid not to break anything as I am not familiar with the code-base and such;) Also DX is not exactly in my field of expertise;)) I am more of an OpenGL guy ;) (luckily the difference between GLSL and HLSL is practically non-existent ^_^).

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 09:37 PM   
[quote="KaiZas"]Well, I'll be using your 3D fix no matter what, I can't do flat-world any more. Been at it since you updated to .02 and so far so good. It's still a little wonky, but wonky I can live with. Thanks again![/quote] You mean related to the lights? and such? Yes, that's what an approximation gets unfortunately:( 90% there but not quite perfectly right;) Use the F2 toggle to change between light presets. I am thinking now to split the 3 presets in 2 keys;) as mostly only 2 are needed;) Last is more of a "cosmetic" one if you want to admire your armor closer;)
KaiZas said:Well, I'll be using your 3D fix no matter what, I can't do flat-world any more. Been at it since you updated to .02 and so far so good. It's still a little wonky, but wonky I can live with.

Thanks again!

You mean related to the lights? and such? Yes, that's what an approximation gets unfortunately:(
90% there but not quite perfectly right;)

Use the F2 toggle to change between light presets.
I am thinking now to split the 3 presets in 2 keys;) as mostly only 2 are needed;) Last is more of a "cosmetic" one if you want to admire your armor closer;)

It can not last...

-
RAID0 256GB SSDs
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
-
Alienware M14x R1
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
-

Posted 04/21/2016 09:40 PM   
jesus... holding off for now on this one then. I think the issue with Japanese developers is most of them typically have programmed for console only on their dev kits for many PC is a new thing. The producer for the tekken franchise said not so long ago this was a factor but was hoping that their future titles will have steam versions.
jesus... holding off for now on this one then.

I think the issue with Japanese developers is most of them typically have programmed for console only on their dev kits for many PC is a new thing. The producer for the tekken franchise said not so long ago this was a factor but was hoping that their future titles will have steam versions.

i7-4790K CPU
16 GB RAM Corsair domination series
EVGA 1080ti SLI
Samsung SSD 840 Pro
ASUS Z97-WS Motherboard
3D Surround ASUS Rog Swift PG278Q(R), 2x PG278Q (yes it works)
Obutto R3volution Cockpit
Windows 7 pro 64x (Windows 10 Dual boot)

Posted 04/22/2016 02:50 AM   
  11 / 25    
Scroll To Top