Official 364.51 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 3/10/16) - Updated
  11 / 89    
I don't think it's a multi monitor exclusive issue. Might be something about how certain cards are outputting displays. I'm on a laptop that's not connected to any monitor and I can't install this driver. Only thing is my laptop is an SLI config with a gsync panel. I do get a scrambled image, heavy distortion (much like an old TV set where you can't get the antenna lined up right) with this driver set, changing resolution/refresh rate does not fix this issue.
I don't think it's a multi monitor exclusive issue. Might be something about how certain cards are outputting displays.

I'm on a laptop that's not connected to any monitor and I can't install this driver. Only thing is my laptop is an SLI config with a gsync panel.

I do get a scrambled image, heavy distortion (much like an old TV set where you can't get the antenna lined up right) with this driver set, changing resolution/refresh rate does not fix this issue.

System : Aorus X5 (Broadwell, 16gb RAM)
Graphics : Nvidia 965m SLI with Gsync Panel

Posted 03/07/2016 07:49 PM   
I installed the new Driver which was published on the 7th March 2016. During the install my PC crashed and would not load windows at all. This is how i fixed this: 1. If your PC does not load windows at all, boot your PC in 'Safe Mode'. 2. Go to 'Control Panel' and click on 'Uninstall a Programme'. 3. Locate the 'NVIDIA Graphics Driver 364.47' and uninstall this driver. 4. Go to: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers 5. Select your OS and GPU type and download the 'NVIDIA Graphics Driver 362.00' 6. Install this driver and then restart your PC. This worked for me. So hopefully it will help you to!
I installed the new Driver which was published on the 7th March 2016. During the install my PC crashed and would not load windows at all. This is how i fixed this:

1. If your PC does not load windows at all, boot your PC in 'Safe Mode'.
2. Go to 'Control Panel' and click on 'Uninstall a Programme'.
3. Locate the 'NVIDIA Graphics Driver 364.47' and uninstall this driver.
4. Go to: http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

5. Select your OS and GPU type and download the 'NVIDIA Graphics Driver 362.00'
6. Install this driver and then restart your PC.

This worked for me. So hopefully it will help you to!

Posted 03/07/2016 07:49 PM   
[quote="ChefDavid22"]Lucky me. I didnt know there was issue and updated. My computer restarted and then REFORMATTED itself. I lost my entire pc over this. Pretty pissed. [/quote] PeterS will be along shortly to console you. Hey, complete loss of your PC, it's nothing to get upset about. After all, there are so many people who did not lose their PCs. Don't be racist.
ChefDavid22 said:Lucky me. I didnt know there was issue and updated. My computer restarted and then REFORMATTED itself. I lost my entire pc over this. Pretty pissed.
PeterS will be along shortly to console you. Hey, complete loss of your PC, it's nothing to get upset about. After all, there are so many people who did not lose their PCs. Don't be racist.

Posted 03/07/2016 07:52 PM   
[quote="MountainDo"][quote="Bladestormy"]I don't understand why most of you are having problems but i am not? did i do something differently? My system specs are: INNO3D Hybrid Black 980ti I7-6700k CPU. Corsair Vengeance 2800MHz DDR4 Z170A Gaming Pro using latest BIOS 1.8 Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz. All i did was use DDU.. Then fresh installed it.. This driver is performing so well for me at the moment :/ [/quote] I think its because you have one monitor [/quote] I have 4 monitors and didn't have any issues with the driver
MountainDo said:
Bladestormy said:I don't understand why most of you are having problems but i am not? did i do something differently? My system specs are:

INNO3D Hybrid Black 980ti
I7-6700k CPU.
Corsair Vengeance 2800MHz DDR4
Z170A Gaming Pro using latest BIOS 1.8
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz.

All i did was use DDU.. Then fresh installed it.. This driver is performing so well for me at the moment :/

I think its because you have one monitor

I have 4 monitors and didn't have any issues with the driver

Posted 03/07/2016 07:53 PM   
Ok cool games i have tested: Battlefield 4 (Conquest Large 32 Player map) Mad Max (15Mins Gameplay driving around and blowing cars up) Witcher 3 (Did a small side quest) Max payne 3 (Played a new york minute) GTA 5 (Ran around and based jumped off a few buildings) Rise of The tomb Raider (Played through a tomb) I haven't had any issues with any of the games i have tested, if anything Nvidia surround is working slightly better than it has been (Or maybe its just in my head) Will keep trying things and see if i can get it to blue screen. Maybe longer play times are needed.
Ok cool games i have tested:

Battlefield 4 (Conquest Large 32 Player map)
Mad Max (15Mins Gameplay driving around and blowing cars up)
Witcher 3 (Did a small side quest)
Max payne 3 (Played a new york minute)
GTA 5 (Ran around and based jumped off a few buildings)
Rise of The tomb Raider (Played through a tomb)

I haven't had any issues with any of the games i have tested, if anything Nvidia surround is working slightly better than it has been (Or maybe its just in my head)

Will keep trying things and see if i can get it to blue screen. Maybe longer play times are needed.

CPU: Intel i7 4930K OC to 4.2 GHZ
Motherboard: Asus X79 Rampage Extreme Black Edition
Ram: 8x 4gig Kingston HyperX Fury 1886mghz (32Gigs)
GPUs: 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Edition 4Gig
Screens: 3x Asus VN247HP 5930x1080 Resolution
PSU: Huntkey X7 900Watt
Keyboard: Razor Black Widow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Gigabyte M6980
Windows: Windows 10 Pro Build 1511 (OS Build 10586.122)

Posted 03/07/2016 07:54 PM   
I also dont think its a multi monitor issue. I have one monitor and my specs are: i7 4790k; GTX 980, Win 8.1. I have the exact same problem and get a bluescreen while installing the driver. I'm glad that I had a system restore point from yesterday eveneing. Hope Nvidia will fix this at least tomorrow
I also dont think its a multi monitor issue. I have one monitor and my specs are: i7 4790k; GTX 980, Win 8.1.
I have the exact same problem and get a bluescreen while installing the driver. I'm glad that I had a system restore point from yesterday eveneing. Hope Nvidia will fix this at least tomorrow

Posted 03/07/2016 07:54 PM   
I'd almost cry, 1 day before The Division release. Got me a BOD too after 1e install, reinstalled 353.xx in safe mode. Came here and read, unplugged 1 monitor (HDMI) and DVI plugged, install and it works like a charm and plugged monitor back in. Thanks for the solution! Win7 x64 i7 3930K Asus rampage gene IV Corsair vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 1600 EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
I'd almost cry, 1 day before The Division release. Got me a BOD too after 1e install, reinstalled 353.xx in safe mode. Came here and read, unplugged 1 monitor (HDMI) and DVI plugged, install and it works like a charm and plugged monitor back in.

Thanks for the solution!

Win7 x64
i7 3930K
Asus rampage gene IV
Corsair vengeance 4x4GB DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC

Posted 03/07/2016 07:55 PM   
Same problems as another ppl. Have BSOD nvlddmkm.sys problem... I am so f***ed up, cause I cant play any game sinc last monday for more than 5 minutes. That would be so amazing If you once give us good working solution.. Please, do it for your customers.. Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10586) GTX 970 i5-6500 MB Asus Z170 PRO GAMING (v1204)
Same problems as another ppl. Have BSOD nvlddmkm.sys problem... I am so f***ed up, cause I cant play any game sinc last monday for more than 5 minutes. That would be so amazing If you once give us good working solution.. Please, do it for your customers..

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.10586)
GTX 970
i5-6500
MB Asus Z170 PRO GAMING (v1204)

Posted 03/07/2016 07:57 PM   
I noticed the last few releases Nvidia has been fixing/adjusting something with monitor timings (I think), as I get an issue where my display wakes up from sleep/hibernate considerably blurred. The last driver set for me without any QoL issues was 361.75.
I noticed the last few releases Nvidia has been fixing/adjusting something with monitor timings (I think), as I get an issue where my display wakes up from sleep/hibernate considerably blurred.

The last driver set for me without any QoL issues was 361.75.

System : Aorus X5 (Broadwell, 16gb RAM)
Graphics : Nvidia 965m SLI with Gsync Panel

Posted 03/07/2016 07:58 PM   
For a "Support" forum, I'm not seeing much "Support". Where are the staff?!
For a "Support" forum, I'm not seeing much "Support".

Where are the staff?!

Posted 03/07/2016 08:03 PM   
[quote="Monkeysaur"]Where are the staff?![/quote] Still looking for fall guys. The only solution is to bring the development back onshore with competent developers, but the suits won't allow it. You can call that "doubling down on stupid".
Monkeysaur said:Where are the staff?!
Still looking for fall guys. The only solution is to bring the development back onshore with competent developers, but the suits won't allow it. You can call that "doubling down on stupid".

Posted 03/07/2016 08:04 PM   
Damn NVIDIA, back at it again with another driver version where the GeForce Experience is a POS (more on this later) So it took me 2 tries before this driver would actually install. The 1st try I downloaded the driver, custom/clean install, everything went smooth, however the GeForce Experience wouldn't open... I restarted, same thing... 2nd try... I downloaded DDU, completely removed all traces of any NVIDIA components, restarted and the driver installed and GeForce Experience actually works... Even with this new driver even just browsing the desktop feels laggy and browsing the Internet feels like I'm on dial-up... I will not be sticking with this driver version, I will be going back to 362.00, to do this you can go to the GeForce website > Drivers > Enter Details and you should see previous driver versions... Anyhow onto GeForce Experience... You guys seriously need to work on this POS... It's been out for like 2 years now and it's still one of the buggiest pieces of software I've ever used... It will randomly crash when I try to open it, crash when I wanna record something... Not load the UI when I'm in game... Seriously... FIXTHEGEFORCEEXPERIENCE...
Damn NVIDIA, back at it again with another driver version where the GeForce Experience is a POS (more on this later)

So it took me 2 tries before this driver would actually install. The 1st try I downloaded the driver, custom/clean install, everything went smooth, however the GeForce Experience wouldn't open... I restarted, same thing...

2nd try... I downloaded DDU, completely removed all traces of any NVIDIA components, restarted and the driver installed and GeForce Experience actually works...

Even with this new driver even just browsing the desktop feels laggy and browsing the Internet feels like I'm on dial-up... I will not be sticking with this driver version, I will be going back to 362.00, to do this you can go to the GeForce website > Drivers > Enter Details and you should see previous driver versions...

Anyhow onto GeForce Experience... You guys seriously need to work on this POS... It's been out for like 2 years now and it's still one of the buggiest pieces of software I've ever used... It will randomly crash when I try to open it, crash when I wanna record something... Not load the UI when I'm in game... Seriously... FIXTHEGEFORCEEXPERIENCE...

Posted 03/07/2016 08:05 PM   
After the update -Crashed when my 2 monitors were connected. -Worked about properly when only one of them were plugged in. -Try uninstall drivers and install the new but nothing changed(skeep crushing). -So i finally restore my computer to a date when the previous driver version was installed and worked properly! Windows 10 Pro Asus Sabertooth r 2.0 AMD FX 8350 Nvidia GTX 770
After the update
-Crashed when my 2 monitors were connected.
-Worked about properly when only one of them were plugged in.
-Try uninstall drivers and install the new but nothing changed(skeep crushing).
-So i finally restore my computer to a date when the previous driver version was installed and worked properly!

Windows 10 Pro
Asus Sabertooth r 2.0
AMD FX 8350
Nvidia GTX 770

Posted 03/07/2016 08:09 PM   
i had a huge problem with the new update, i couldnt even start my pc anymore (only in safe mode.) made a topic on a diffirent place, where it shouldnt have been.. a problem and solution! well solution to roll it back tough.. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/921914/forum-feedback/do-not-update-read-please-/?offset=3#4827797
i had a huge problem with the new update, i couldnt even start my pc anymore (only in safe mode.)

made a topic on a diffirent place, where it shouldnt have been..
a problem and solution!
well solution to roll it back tough..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/921914/forum-feedback/do-not-update-read-please-/?offset=3#4827797

Posted 03/07/2016 08:09 PM   
[quote="V4YGR3"]i had a huge problem with the new update, i couldnt even start my pc anymore (only in safe mode.) made a topic on a diffirent place, where it shouldnt have been.. a problem and solution! well solution to roll it back tough.. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/921914/forum-feedback/do-not-update-read-please-/?offset=3#4827797[/quote] They don't care. Suits can't admit screwing up. You're a peon, suffer!
V4YGR3 said:i had a huge problem with the new update, i couldnt even start my pc anymore (only in safe mode.)

made a topic on a diffirent place, where it shouldnt have been..
a problem and solution!
well solution to roll it back tough..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/921914/forum-feedback/do-not-update-read-please-/?offset=3#4827797

They don't care. Suits can't admit screwing up. You're a peon, suffer!

Posted 03/07/2016 08:18 PM   
  11 / 89    
Scroll To Top