Official 364.51 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 3/10/16) - Updated
  7 / 89    
I got blue screened during the installation (I had 2 monitors plugged in) and then windows crashed, it seems that the installation caused some windows files to be corrupted, but now I cannot install any version of the driver even after using DDU to uninstall all the video drivers in safe mode. I opened CMD as administrator and typed "sfc /scannow" and it found some corrupted files that it could not fix. I am now attempting "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" in hopes that it can repair the corrupted files. As a side note, I am able to boot windows normally and it works fine, however it is only using the built in default display drivers so no gaming for me atm :( edit: here are my specs 1TB HDD 16GB RAM GTX 970 AMD FX-4350 4.22 GHz x2 1080p monitors (now with only one plugged in)
I got blue screened during the installation (I had 2 monitors plugged in) and then windows crashed,

it seems that the installation caused some windows files to be corrupted, but now I cannot install any version of the driver even after using DDU to uninstall all the video drivers in safe mode.

I opened CMD as administrator and typed "sfc /scannow" and it found some corrupted files that it could not fix.

I am now attempting "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" in hopes that it can repair the corrupted files.

As a side note, I am able to boot windows normally and it works fine, however it is only using the built in default display drivers so no gaming for me atm :(

edit: here are my specs
1TB HDD
16GB RAM
GTX 970
AMD FX-4350 4.22 GHz
x2 1080p monitors (now with only one plugged in)

Posted 03/07/2016 06:04 PM   
Have the same problem with 2 Monitor configuration. Black Screen and driver resetting after updating from 362.00 to 364.47, while my main monitor was connected with a dvi-to-hdmi-cable. When unplugging, the remaining monitor with an dvi-to-dvi-cable was working normally. Uninstalled the driver through programs and reverted back to 362. Core i7 2600k @ 4Ghz ASUS P8P67 Deluxe 16 GB RAM Gainward GTX 570 Iiyama ProLite P2403WS + Iiyama ProLite P2409HDS Windows 10 x64
Have the same problem with 2 Monitor configuration. Black Screen and driver resetting after updating from 362.00 to 364.47, while my main monitor was connected with a dvi-to-hdmi-cable. When unplugging, the remaining monitor with an dvi-to-dvi-cable was working normally. Uninstalled the driver through programs and reverted back to 362.

Core i7 2600k @ 4Ghz
ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
16 GB RAM
Gainward GTX 570
Iiyama ProLite P2403WS + Iiyama ProLite P2409HDS
Windows 10 x64

Posted 03/07/2016 06:05 PM   
Releasing an obviously not properly tested driver, way to treat your customers! And not for the first time either. Have my GTX980 since release, at least 3 driver-versions featured random crashes of the driver and now this. Seriously, do you guys test your drivers before releasing them at all? Or have I been opted into the alpha-branch somehow? Anyway, had to rollback to an older version My rig: i5-4690K@stock GTX980 600w PSU 2x 24" screen (iiyama prolite)
Releasing an obviously not properly tested driver, way to treat your customers! And not for the first time either. Have my GTX980 since release, at least 3 driver-versions featured random crashes of the driver and now this. Seriously, do you guys test your drivers before releasing them at all? Or have I been opted into the alpha-branch somehow? Anyway, had to rollback to an older version

My rig:

i5-4690K@stock
GTX980
600w PSU
2x 24" screen (iiyama prolite)

Posted 03/07/2016 06:07 PM   
[quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]Hey guys, Our driver team is actively investigating the issue and we will have more information shortly. Initial investigation suggests the issue is isolated to multiple-monitor configurations. As others have already suggested, you can either disconnect one monitor during the driver installation (and reconnect once completed) or you can uninstall the driver through Windows Safe-Mode and revert to a previous version. [/quote] Just a heads up, but it's happening to me on a Laptop (AORUS X5) as well. Laptop drivers from Nvidia, Windows 10, No external monitors connected. Geforce 965m SLI config on a laptop with a built in GSYNC panel.
PeterS@NVIDIA said:Hey guys,

Our driver team is actively investigating the issue and we will have more information shortly. Initial investigation suggests the issue is isolated to multiple-monitor configurations.

As others have already suggested, you can either disconnect one monitor during the driver installation (and reconnect once completed) or you can uninstall the driver through Windows Safe-Mode and revert to a previous version.

Just a heads up, but it's happening to me on a Laptop (AORUS X5) as well. Laptop drivers from Nvidia, Windows 10, No external monitors connected. Geforce 965m SLI config on a laptop with a built in GSYNC panel.

System : Aorus X5 (Broadwell, 16gb RAM)
Graphics : Nvidia 965m SLI with Gsync Panel

Posted 03/07/2016 06:10 PM   
Guys NVIDIA is just trying to help, lots of unexpected things can happen with technology and cause glitches and bugs, but seriously there have been a lot of graphics card updates recently O_o maybe slow down a bit NVIDIA?
Guys NVIDIA is just trying to help, lots of unexpected things can happen with technology and cause glitches and bugs, but seriously there have been a lot of graphics card updates recently O_o maybe slow down a bit NVIDIA?

Posted 03/07/2016 06:12 PM   
Issue fixed! Screen was flickering on and off, and would not display anything on my desktop correctly, or for more than a few seconds at a time. Unplugged my one monitor connected by HDMI, that stopped the flickering. The other 2 were connected via DP. Driver was still not responding correctly. > Downloaded and Display Driver Uninstaller 15.7.4.1 [http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html] > Starting the program prompted to reboot and run in Safe Mode. I said yes. > Restarted in Safe Mode. > Selected "Clean and restart". Let program run. > Rebooted computer. > Redownloaded NVIDIA GeForce Experience, reinstalled latest driver - 364.47 Issue resolved :) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU: AMD FX-8350 RAM: 2 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentX 1600MHz MB: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti SSD: Crucial MX200 M.2 2260DS HDD: 2 x Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB, Motherboard RAID PSU: Seasonic SS-760XP2 80 PLUS Platinum Monitors: LG Flatron IPS226 (HDMI), 2 x BenQ GW2765HT (DP)
Issue fixed!

Screen was flickering on and off, and would not display anything on my desktop correctly, or for more than a few seconds at a time. Unplugged my one monitor connected by HDMI, that stopped the flickering. The other 2 were connected via DP. Driver was still not responding correctly.

> Downloaded and Display Driver Uninstaller 15.7.4.1 [http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html]
> Starting the program prompted to reboot and run in Safe Mode. I said yes.
> Restarted in Safe Mode.
> Selected "Clean and restart". Let program run.
> Rebooted computer.
> Redownloaded NVIDIA GeForce Experience, reinstalled latest driver - 364.47

Issue resolved :)

CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 2 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentX 1600MHz
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
SSD: Crucial MX200 M.2 2260DS
HDD: 2 x Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB, Motherboard RAID
PSU: Seasonic SS-760XP2 80 PLUS Platinum
Monitors: LG Flatron IPS226 (HDMI), 2 x BenQ GW2765HT (DP)

Posted 03/07/2016 06:13 PM   
This is absolute BULLCRAP! This is the first time that I have ever had this big of an issue with a driver update from GeForce Experience, and it has totally bricked my system. It has screwed up my "login" screen on Windows to the point where I see blue artifacts in the top left corner and can't even see anything at all - which means I can't access the Windows recovery or safe mode. And if I try to login, my monitor says no signal. I'm absolutely at my wits end here because I can't do ANYTHING about this!
This is absolute BULLCRAP! This is the first time that I have ever had this big of an issue with a driver update from GeForce Experience, and it has totally bricked my system. It has screwed up my "login" screen on Windows to the point where I see blue artifacts in the top left corner and can't even see anything at all - which means I can't access the Windows recovery or safe mode. And if I try to login, my monitor says no signal. I'm absolutely at my wits end here because I can't do ANYTHING about this!

Posted 03/07/2016 06:14 PM   
My computer is now completely screwed thanks to this latest update, with the screen just flickering all the time. Came home from a hard day's work only to have to go through all this nonsense. Thanks a bunch. My rig i7 5930 GTX 980Ti 16GB DDR4
My computer is now completely screwed thanks to this latest update, with the screen just flickering all the time. Came home from a hard day's work only to have to go through all this nonsense. Thanks a bunch.

My rig i7 5930
GTX 980Ti
16GB DDR4

Posted 03/07/2016 06:14 PM   
i ran ddu & successfully installed without issue on single monitor + 970
Having the same issues. PC crashes during installation of the new driver. Screen keeps flickering (on/off) after reboot and results in blue screen. Using only 1 screen setup with 2x GTX980 cards
Having the same issues. PC crashes during installation of the new driver.
Screen keeps flickering (on/off) after reboot and results in blue screen.

Using only 1 screen setup with 2x GTX980 cards

Posted 03/07/2016 06:18 PM   
Nvidia! Why are you still serving these drivers up on your site? They need to be pulled, as in right now.
Nvidia! Why are you still serving these drivers up on your site? They need to be pulled, as in right now.

Posted 03/07/2016 06:20 PM   
[quote="OniTronX"]Nvidia! Why are you still serving these drivers up on your site? They need to be pulled, as in right now. [/quote] They're politically correct cowards. They would have to admit that their 3rd-world software guys are not up to the job. Bean-counter penny pinchers can't admit that they screwed things up. They're looking for scapegoats.
OniTronX said:Nvidia! Why are you still serving these drivers up on your site? They need to be pulled, as in right now.
They're politically correct cowards. They would have to admit that their 3rd-world software guys are not up to the job. Bean-counter penny pinchers can't admit that they screwed things up. They're looking for scapegoats.

Posted 03/07/2016 06:25 PM   
I also have two monitors that went black after some flickering while updating via GF Experience. I rebooted into safe mode, used DDU to uninstall the graphic drivers and rebooted. Then I downloaded the drivers from the website and performed a clean install with my two monitors plugged in. That worked. Though this is a big problem for inexperienced users who don't know how to work with a computer that displays nothing.
I also have two monitors that went black after some flickering while updating via GF Experience. I rebooted into safe mode, used DDU to uninstall the graphic drivers and rebooted. Then I downloaded the drivers from the website and performed a clean install with my two monitors plugged in. That worked.
Though this is a big problem for inexperienced users who don't know how to work with a computer that displays nothing.

Posted 03/07/2016 06:26 PM   
So WHQL is no sign for basic quality standards...
So WHQL is no sign for basic quality standards...

Gigabyte GTX 670 with latest Geforce driver, Win10 64bit with all updates + latest BIOS, no overclocking

Posted 03/07/2016 06:27 PM   
[quote="AntiMatterTape"]Guys NVIDIA is just trying to help, lots of unexpected things can happen with technology and cause glitches and bugs, but seriously there have been a lot of graphics card updates recently O_o maybe slow down a bit NVIDIA?[/quote] Unexpected things are one thing, but breaking my PC is something else. Should not happen. No excuse for this. The solution for me was to boot into safe mode, locate my gfx card in device manager and roll back the driver. That's simple stuff to many people, but not to everyone. I fear for those people who are not tech savvy at all, how are they going to fix a forever rebooting PC? They will be unable to use their PC until it's fixed and will have little hope but to have it repaired at a cost, I hope Nvidia will be paying the bill for them. If it's their only PC they won't even be able to come here and report the trouble they are having and get advice on what to do. This is as bad as it get's. EDIT: Infact, GeForce experience is still recommending I install this driver! So you guys are still letting people download and install this? Someone who's PC is currently working fine will be broken in a few minutes time, and they may not be able to fix it on their own, what are you playing at? STOP DISTRIBUTING THIS DRIVER.
AntiMatterTape said:Guys NVIDIA is just trying to help, lots of unexpected things can happen with technology and cause glitches and bugs, but seriously there have been a lot of graphics card updates recently O_o maybe slow down a bit NVIDIA?

Unexpected things are one thing, but breaking my PC is something else. Should not happen. No excuse for this.

The solution for me was to boot into safe mode, locate my gfx card in device manager and roll back the driver. That's simple stuff to many people, but not to everyone. I fear for those people who are not tech savvy at all, how are they going to fix a forever rebooting PC?

They will be unable to use their PC until it's fixed and will have little hope but to have it repaired at a cost, I hope Nvidia will be paying the bill for them.

If it's their only PC they won't even be able to come here and report the trouble they are having and get advice on what to do.

This is as bad as it get's.

EDIT: Infact, GeForce experience is still recommending I install this driver!

So you guys are still letting people download and install this? Someone who's PC is currently working fine will be broken in a few minutes time, and they may not be able to fix it on their own, what are you playing at?

STOP DISTRIBUTING THIS DRIVER.

Posted 03/07/2016 06:30 PM   
  7 / 89    
Scroll To Top