Official SHIELD Tablet OTA 4.0 Feedback Thread (Released 02/01/16)
  9 / 37    
We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you: -Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so. -Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step. -A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on. If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Last but not least, please include your GeForce forums username in your email. Thank you. [img]https://a70ad2d16996820e6285-3c315462976343d903d5b3a03b69072d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/0f2eff7a52d0776130476ac4d88d7678[/img]
We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you:

-Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so.
-Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step.
-A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on.

If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Last but not least, please include your GeForce forums username in your email. Thank you.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/02/2016 08:24 AM   
[quote="ManuelGuzman"]We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you: -Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so. -Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step. -A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on. If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Thank you. [/quote] I have the same problem. I've turned off and reboot a few times, factory reset, wipe cache and data (recovery mode). I think de mistake is in the wifi mac. After update my tablet have this mac: 02:00:00:00:00:00
ManuelGuzman said:We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you:

-Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so.
-Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step.
-A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on.

If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Thank you.

I have the same problem. I've turned off and reboot a few times, factory reset, wipe cache and data (recovery mode).

I think de mistake is in the wifi mac. After update my tablet have this mac: 02:00:00:00:00:00

Posted 02/02/2016 08:48 AM   
Help! I started the OTA-4 on my UK LTE tablet and it has failed. After the reboot it just sits there with the Nvidia logo. In recovery mode it also fails with "No Command" Update. I removed the SD card and it is booting fine.
Help! I started the OTA-4 on my UK LTE tablet and it has failed. After the reboot it just sits there with the Nvidia logo. In recovery mode it also fails with "No Command"

Update. I removed the SD card and it is booting fine.

Posted 02/02/2016 08:56 AM   
I don't know if it has something to do with it, but I cannot go to that page, so I went to system information, and for some reason the MAC was 02:00:00:00:00:00
I don't know if it has something to do with it, but I cannot go to that page, so I went to system information, and for some reason the MAC was 02:00:00:00:00:00

Posted 02/02/2016 09:05 AM   
I keep getting the 5.1.1 WIFI 3.1.1 update over & over again in a vicious circle. I install the 23 mb update & after that I have to install it again & reboot. It boots into TWRP Recovery every time I flash the WIFI 3.1.1, 23 mb update. Is that normal? (I'm glad that it does!)
I keep getting the 5.1.1 WIFI 3.1.1 update over & over again in a vicious circle. I install the 23 mb update & after that I have to install it again & reboot.
It boots into TWRP Recovery every time I flash the WIFI 3.1.1, 23 mb update. Is that normal? (I'm glad that it does!)

Running Android 7.O Nougat

Posted 02/02/2016 09:11 AM   
[quote="ManuelGuzman"]We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you: -Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so. -Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step. -A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on. If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Last but not least, please include your GeForce forums username in your email. Thank you. [/quote] You are not only ones, Nexus devices have this problem too:http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-6-0-marshmallow/603774-why-won-t-my-wifi-turn-after-6-0-a.html
ManuelGuzman said:We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you:

If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Last but not least, please include your GeForce forums username in your email. Thank you.

You are not only ones, Nexus devices have this problem too:http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-6-0-marshmallow/603774-why-won-t-my-wifi-turn-after-6-0-a.html

Posted 02/02/2016 09:20 AM   
i have the original tablet but i flashed the k1s marshmallow rom. yesterday i got the update notification and did the update but it got stuck on installing it. so i tried flashing lollipop for the original but its just stuck in a boot loop now.
i have the original tablet but i flashed the k1s marshmallow rom. yesterday i got the update notification and did the update but it got stuck on installing it. so i tried flashing lollipop for the original but its just stuck in a boot loop now.

Posted 02/02/2016 09:32 AM   
Is anyone with WiFi problems able to turn on airplane mode to stop the WiFi and then turn airplane mode back off so the WiFi restarts? I've had stuck WiFi problems like this on various Android devices over the years and sometimes that worked.
Is anyone with WiFi problems able to turn on airplane mode to stop the WiFi and then turn airplane mode back off so the WiFi restarts?

I've had stuck WiFi problems like this on various Android devices over the years and sometimes that worked.

Posted 02/02/2016 09:33 AM   
This comment isn't going to be very useful but I've had a very smooth upgrade process and had not encountered any problems since the update. I like some of the new tweaks that nVidia has added (such as dismiss all in overview and new camera app), it feels on par with my Nexus devices. I did a factory reset before the update because I was expecting some major changes due to the new way the tablet handles external storage. With so many automatic cloud services, it was hardly a chore to factory reset. No problems with WiFi, battery drain or whatever. I can't get apps to install directly on the microSD card though, I have to go to Storage and migrate all the data over. This is fine with me, I can finally load up the tablet with all my favorite games instead of deleting old games to make room for new ones!
This comment isn't going to be very useful but I've had a very smooth upgrade process and had not encountered any problems since the update.

I like some of the new tweaks that nVidia has added (such as dismiss all in overview and new camera app), it feels on par with my Nexus devices.

I did a factory reset before the update because I was expecting some major changes due to the new way the tablet handles external storage. With so many automatic cloud services, it was hardly a chore to factory reset.

No problems with WiFi, battery drain or whatever. I can't get apps to install directly on the microSD card though, I have to go to Storage and migrate all the data over. This is fine with me, I can finally load up the tablet with all my favorite games instead of deleting old games to make room for new ones!

Posted 02/02/2016 09:40 AM   
[quote="ManuelGuzman"]We have temporarily turned off the OTA update until we understand why a few users are losing WiFi connection after updating their tablet to OTA 4.0. For any users unable to recovery their WiFi after performing an update, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of the solutions worked for you: -Reboot your tablet 2-3 times. If this fails, power cycle your tablet 3-4 times (not reboot but complete power off). If this does not work, charge your tablet to 100% and attempt again a couple of times or so. -Factory reset your tablet. Make sure you backup any important files before you perform this step. -A couple of users reporting their WiFI coming back after leaving their tablet powered off for a few hours. Try leaving your tablet powered off for a few hours and then turn the device back on. If all of these steps fails, please email me a screenshot of the Advanced WiFi page by going into Android Settings -> Wi-Fi -> click on the three dots on the top right hand corner to bring up the menu and select "Advanced". On the Advanced W-Fi page, take a screenshot and email the picture to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Let me know which tablet you have and whether you attempted some or all of the troubleshooting steps above. Last but not least, please include your GeForce forums username in your email. Thank you. [/quote] Same "No WiFi" issue for me. Updated my original Shield Tablet yesterday and no WiFi since, even after a factory reset and multiple restarts/power cycles...

Same "No WiFi" issue for me. Updated my original Shield Tablet yesterday and no WiFi since, even after a factory reset and multiple restarts/power cycles...

Posted 02/02/2016 09:50 AM   
OK, great update for me: no wifi bug, no sd card bug ( but I have a very fast one ), no lags, thank you! However, there is a little problem : My tablet is setup in French and not all menus are translated. Some stays in English. Not a big deal, but this should have been seen before releasing update.
OK, great update for me: no wifi bug, no sd card bug ( but I have a very fast one ), no lags, thank you!

However, there is a little problem : My tablet is setup in French and not all menus are translated. Some stays in English. Not a big deal, but this should have been seen before releasing update.

Posted 02/02/2016 10:01 AM   
[quote="Judge584"]OK, great update for me: no wifi bug, no sd card bug ( but I have a very fast one ), no lags, thank you! However, there is a little problem : My tablet is setup in French and not all menus are translated. Some stays in English. Not a big deal, but this should have been seen before releasing update.[/quote] Same problem, but with Czech language translate
Judge584 said:OK, great update for me: no wifi bug, no sd card bug ( but I have a very fast one ), no lags, thank you!

However, there is a little problem : My tablet is setup in French and not all menus are translated. Some stays in English. Not a big deal, but this should have been seen before releasing update.

Same problem, but with Czech language translate

Posted 02/02/2016 10:11 AM   
I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...!
I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...!

Posted 02/02/2016 10:16 AM   
[quote="Pecos"]I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...![/quote] Please read! Update has been stopped for problems with Wi-Fi.
Pecos said:I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...!

Please read! Update has been stopped for problems with Wi-Fi.

Posted 02/02/2016 10:21 AM   
[quote="MrMysakovich"][quote="Pecos"]I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...![/quote] Please read! Update has been stopped for problems with Wi-Fi.[/quote] But... I was able to download it?!?!
MrMysakovich said:
Pecos said:I got the update notification, downloaded it (about 700Mb), but then i was not able to flash it. It said "System Updated"...!

Please read! Update has been stopped for problems with Wi-Fi.

But... I was able to download it?!?!

Posted 02/02/2016 10:33 AM   
  9 / 37    
Scroll To Top