Only 2 of 3 External Drives Mount in Shield
Hi all, Just got my Sheild TV today and I have 3 HDDs attached through a USB Hub. The problem I have is only two show at any one time? All three have connected at some point but then another drops off all drives are WD. Hope you can help, many thanks! D
Hi all,

Just got my Sheild TV today and I have 3 HDDs attached through a USB Hub. The problem I have is only two show at any one time? All three have connected at some point but then another drops off all drives are WD. Hope you can help, many thanks!

D

Posted 11/30/2015 12:11 AM   
Are your HDDs externally powered, or do they receive power from the USB hub? Also, is the USB hub externally powered?
Are your HDDs externally powered, or do they receive power from the USB hub? Also, is the USB hub externally powered?

Posted 11/30/2015 12:15 AM   
Hi Zacbec, Thanks for the response. All 3 external drives are powered but the hub is not. As I mentioned above all three have mounted, but only ever two at a time. Very frustrating! Hope you can help? Cheers
Hi Zacbec,

Thanks for the response. All 3 external drives are powered but the hub is not. As I mentioned above all three have mounted, but only ever two at a time. Very frustrating! Hope you can help? Cheers

Posted 12/01/2015 12:02 AM   
My thought was that maybe there was a power issue where the drives were trying to draw too much power from the hub if all three were active at once. I'm not sure what, if any, power draw a hub would see from an externally powered HDD. I've never tried mounting three drives from a hub on the Shield TV, so I don't know if the issue is with the hub or with the Shield. I'm hoping someone else on the forum can give us some anecdotal evidence one way or the other.
My thought was that maybe there was a power issue where the drives were trying to draw too much power from the hub if all three were active at once. I'm not sure what, if any, power draw a hub would see from an externally powered HDD. I've never tried mounting three drives from a hub on the Shield TV, so I don't know if the issue is with the hub or with the Shield. I'm hoping someone else on the forum can give us some anecdotal evidence one way or the other.

Posted 12/01/2015 12:08 AM   
I believe it is a limitation of the SATV.
I believe it is a limitation of the SATV.

Posted 12/01/2015 12:19 AM   
side load stickmount and all 3 drives show for me
side load stickmount and all 3 drives show for me

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body.... and Whispers to my ghost?

Posted 12/01/2015 12:07 PM   
Thanks all, answers much appreciated. Will side load stick mount and see if that solves the issue. Cheers!
Thanks all, answers much appreciated. Will side load stick mount and see if that solves the issue. Cheers!

Posted 12/01/2015 11:42 PM   
StickMount requires root.
StickMount requires root.

Posted 12/02/2015 12:06 AM   
[quote="DaveRB"]Hi all, Just got my Sheild TV today and I have 3 HDDs attached through a USB Hub. The problem I have is only two show at any one time? All three have connected at some point but then another drops off all drives are WD. Hope you can help, many thanks! D[/quote] Sent you a PM
DaveRB said:Hi all,

Just got my Sheild TV today and I have 3 HDDs attached through a USB Hub. The problem I have is only two show at any one time? All three have connected at some point but then another drops off all drives are WD. Hope you can help, many thanks!

D

Sent you a PM

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 12/10/2015 04:15 AM   
I am also having same problem as Dave on one of the shields .
I am also having same problem as Dave on one of the shields .

Posted 12/10/2015 04:56 AM   
We were able to reproduce this but this will be fixed in our next OTA update for SHIELD Android TV
We were able to reproduce this but this will be fixed in our next OTA update for SHIELD Android TV

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 12/11/2015 09:11 PM   
Scroll To Top