Flashing green pixel only when G Sync on.
Hi all, just joined to ask a question and hopefully someone can answer this. I've just bought an Acer G Sync Monitor and there is a green pixel that appears/flashes. At first I thought it was a stuck pixel but it only appears under certain circumstances. For example, it's not there now as I type this but if I use the g sync pendulum demo, it will be there when g sync is enabled but disappears if I disable g sync. Also, if I have g sync enabled, it will disappear again if I turn the FPS sliders up above 100fps minimum. So far I've tried the JScreenfix, altering 3d settings, swapping the GPU into the other slot on the motherboard, uninstalling and re-installing graphics drivers, I've been on live chat with Acer which was no help. Does anyone have a clue as to what's causing this? Is it more likely to be the GPU or the G Sync hardware in the monitor? I'm just trying to narrow down the issue but having no success myself and other opinions are appreciated. My Specs: Monitor: Acer Predator XB240H CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k Graphics Card: MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro PSU: Corsair CX600 OS: Windows 10
Hi all, just joined to ask a question and hopefully someone can answer this.

I've just bought an Acer G Sync Monitor and there is a green pixel that appears/flashes. At first I thought it was a stuck pixel but it only appears under certain circumstances. For example, it's not there now as I type this but if I use the g sync pendulum demo, it will be there when g sync is enabled but disappears if I disable g sync. Also, if I have g sync enabled, it will disappear again if I turn the FPS sliders up above 100fps minimum.

So far I've tried the JScreenfix, altering 3d settings, swapping the GPU into the other slot on the motherboard, uninstalling and re-installing graphics drivers, I've been on live chat with Acer which was no help.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's causing this? Is it more likely to be the GPU or the G Sync hardware in the monitor?

I'm just trying to narrow down the issue but having no success myself and other opinions are appreciated.

My Specs:

Monitor: Acer Predator XB240H
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC
Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
PSU: Corsair CX600

Posted 09/18/2015 01:54 PM   
Sounds to me like a hardware issue with the monitor, the good thing is you can RMA/return it and get your money back, there should be no flashing pixels in G-sync mode. You seem to have exhausted your options, which is a good thing, just pack it up and send it back!
Sounds to me like a hardware issue with the monitor, the good thing is you can RMA/return it and get your money back, there should be no flashing pixels in G-sync mode. You seem to have exhausted your options, which is a good thing, just pack it up and send it back!

Posted 09/18/2015 06:01 PM   
Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to, cheers. I've now discovered that the stuck pixel only appears once the monitor has warmed up and if I change the monitors refresh rate to 60hz, it's there all the time. Seems weird that it gets stuck at all if it's not always stuck.
Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to, cheers.

I've now discovered that the stuck pixel only appears once the monitor has warmed up and if I change the monitors refresh rate to 60hz, it's there all the time. Seems weird that it gets stuck at all if it's not always stuck.

Posted 09/19/2015 11:15 AM   
[quote="macto"]Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to, cheers. I've now discovered that the stuck pixel only appears once the monitor has warmed up and if I change the monitors refresh rate to 60hz, it's there all the time. Seems weird that it gets stuck at all if it's not always stuck.[/quote]I have the exact same problem as your describe but with 2 red pixels. The higher the framerate the less visible they are. They are gone when I select 144hz. Appear under 100hz. Did you keep it?
macto said:Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to, cheers.

I've now discovered that the stuck pixel only appears once the monitor has warmed up and if I change the monitors refresh rate to 60hz, it's there all the time. Seems weird that it gets stuck at all if it's not always stuck.
I have the exact same problem as your describe but with 2 red pixels. The higher the framerate the less visible they are. They are gone when I select 144hz. Appear under 100hz.

Did you keep it?

Posted 09/18/2016 07:01 PM   
green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.
green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 09/18/2016 07:59 PM   
[quote="Sora"]green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.[/quote] Its a different case. I can trigger it in 2D mode on my desktop. When I move the refresh rate slider to 60hz Ihave 2 stuck read pixels that disappear when I move my white mouse cursor on top for example. They disappear totally when I have my refresh rate above 100hz. I guess these are just the usual stuck pixels but a higher refresh rate pushes the transistors to switch correctly. The latter is just my theory though.
Sora said:green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.

Its a different case. I can trigger it in 2D mode on my desktop. When I move the refresh rate slider to 60hz Ihave 2 stuck read pixels that disappear when I move my white mouse cursor on top for example. They disappear totally when I have my refresh rate above 100hz. I guess these are just the usual stuck pixels but a higher refresh rate pushes the transistors to switch correctly. The latter is just my theory though.

Posted 09/18/2016 08:45 PM   
[quote="Sora"]green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.[/quote] Hey i know this post is old, but with "underclock the core" do u mean turn down the hertz on my monitor because i have the same problem i have a green pixel that keeps appearing and re appearing with quite a big gap from when it appears and reappears and my monitor also has g-sync and an overclock feature where u can make it 165 hz (i have the 165hz on)
Sora said:green pixels are shader errors, underclock the core.

Hey i know this post is old, but with "underclock the core" do u mean turn down the hertz on my monitor because i have the same problem i have a green pixel that keeps appearing and re appearing with quite a big gap from when it appears and reappears and my monitor also has g-sync and an overclock feature where u can make it 165 hz (i have the 165hz on)

Posted 12/07/2017 06:57 AM   
Scroll To Top