Official NVIDIA 353.30 WHQL Game Ready Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 2015-06-22)
  1 / 45    
Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With Game Ready optimizations and a SLI profile for the highly anticipated PC release of Batman: Arkham Knight, our latest driver is a recommended update for players taking control of Batman in the new, highly-anticipated game. Download the new drivers directly through GeForce Experience, or grab them from [url]http://www.GeForce.com[/url]. Learn more about this latest release from: [url]http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-353-30-whql-driver-released[/url] [b]Providing Feedback:[/b] Please feel free to leave feedback for any driver related issues specific to this driver. By providing your information here, you may also help others who may be experiencing the same issue you are. The more information we receive from you and others, the easier it will be for us to reproduce this issue in our labs and provide a fix through a future driver. Alternately, you may provide this same information through our NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form below: [url]http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6[/url] Please provide the following information as best you can: 1) Graphics card/GPU make and model: 2) Is this a driver regression? If yes, what was the last driver version which did not have this driver bug? 3) Operating System: 4) Is your graphics card manually overclocked/factory overclocked? If your graphics card is factory overclocked or manually overclocked, we recommend that you lower the clock speeds of your graphics card to NVIDIA reference clock speeds and then make another attempt to reproduce the issue you are encountering. For graphics cards which are factory overclocked, you may use a 3rd party utility such as eVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to adjust the clock speeds of your graphics card. Our NVIDIA Products page lists the NVIDIA reference clock speeds for each of our GPUs. 5) If your issue is specific to a game or application, please provide the title and if possible version of the software 6) Describe the display driver issue you are encountering and if possible include step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug. Please use the knowledge base article "How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA" as a guide to help you include information that will help us root cause the problem. [url]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141[/url] 7) Software/driver issues can sometimes be specific to a users system configuration. Please provide your system information so that we may attempt to match it as closely as possible. CPU make and model: Amount of system memory: Motherboard make and model (if OEM system, please provide your PC make and model instead): Motherboard BIOS version: Monitor(s) make and model: Sound card make and model: 8) If your system meets the driver requirements however the installation process fails or gives you an error message, please reinstall the driver with logging enabled so that we may investigate the cause for this issue. Instruction available from the URL below: [url]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171[/url]
Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With Game Ready optimizations and a SLI profile for the highly anticipated PC release of Batman: Arkham Knight, our latest driver is a recommended update for players taking control of Batman in the new, highly-anticipated game. Download the new drivers directly through GeForce Experience, or grab them from http://www.GeForce.com.

Learn more about this latest release from: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-353-30-whql-driver-released

Providing Feedback:
Please feel free to leave feedback for any driver related issues specific to this driver. By providing your information here, you may also help others who may be experiencing the same issue you are. The more information we receive from you and others, the easier it will be for us to reproduce this issue in our labs and provide a fix through a future driver. Alternately, you may provide this same information through our NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form below:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Please provide the following information as best you can:

1) Graphics card/GPU make and model:
2) Is this a driver regression? If yes, what was the last driver version which did not have this driver bug?
3) Operating System:
4) Is your graphics card manually overclocked/factory overclocked? If your graphics card is factory overclocked or manually overclocked, we recommend that you lower the clock speeds of your graphics card to NVIDIA reference clock speeds and then make another attempt to reproduce the issue you are encountering. For graphics cards which are factory overclocked, you may use a 3rd party utility such as eVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner to adjust the clock speeds of your graphics card. Our NVIDIA Products page lists the NVIDIA reference clock speeds for each of our GPUs.
5) If your issue is specific to a game or application, please provide the title and if possible version of the software
6) Describe the display driver issue you are encountering and if possible include step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug. Please use the knowledge base article "How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA" as a guide to help you include information that will help us root cause the problem.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141

7) Software/driver issues can sometimes be specific to a users system configuration. Please provide your system information so that we may attempt to match it as closely as possible.

CPU make and model:
Amount of system memory:
Motherboard make and model (if OEM system, please provide your PC make and model instead):
Motherboard BIOS version:
Monitor(s) make and model:
Sound card make and model:

8) If your system meets the driver requirements however the installation process fails or gives you an error message, please reinstall the driver with logging enabled so that we may investigate the cause for this issue. Instruction available from the URL below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171

If I don't keep up on subsequent replies to a thread, please send me a PM, as I monitor a large number of threads across all the forums.

Posted 06/22/2015 09:17 AM   
Hi, So I was hoping that this would also fix the problems that I and a lot of other people have experienced in the last few driver iterations (since 350.12 for me). Tested out The Witcher 3 and surround Sli is still not working. Also The first time I tried change resolutions within the game I got a crash. Then I usually either get a black screen, or flickering - which requires a game restart (could be game related). Obviously I can't test Batman:AK since it hasn't been released, BUT upon checking the Sli profile via Nvidia Inspector, there is NO Sli flag present - is this a bug or intentional to prevent pirate players from using Sli? At this stage I'm not concerned, as it hasn't been released yet. I'm hoping all this will be sorted soon - Fury X out this week.
Hi,

So I was hoping that this would also fix the problems that I and a lot of other people have experienced in the last few driver iterations (since 350.12 for me). Tested out The Witcher 3 and surround Sli is still not working. Also The first time I tried change resolutions within the game I got a crash. Then I usually either get a black screen, or flickering - which requires a game restart (could be game related).

Obviously I can't test Batman:AK since it hasn't been released, BUT upon checking the Sli profile via Nvidia Inspector, there is NO Sli flag present - is this a bug or intentional to prevent pirate players from using Sli? At this stage I'm not concerned, as it hasn't been released yet.

I'm hoping all this will be sorted soon - Fury X out this week.

System 1:

i7 7700K @ 4.8GHz
Gigabyte Z270-HD3
Asus Foundation Edition GTX 1080ti @ 2000Hz
G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB @ 2400Hz
Samsung Pro 128GB SSD (OS)
Samsung Pro 512GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB
ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync x 3 @ 7680x1440
Corsair AX 1500i PSU
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Posted 06/22/2015 05:50 PM   
Produces frequent crashing in gta 5 and the witcher 3. TDR or blackscreen/greyscreen system hangs where manual reboot is required which happen often but not as often as the tdr crashes. Same problem as 352.86 and 353.06. 350.12 also has this issue but its not as frequent at all and is tolerable. Seems like the last true stable driver for me was 347.88 I am using msi afterburner 4.1.1 to overclock the card and use a custom fan profile. Anything between 30 minutes to an hour (sometimes longer) in an actual game and either a tdr or a blackscreen/greyscreen system hang occurs. Sometimes it can go for longer before that happens but it always happens. I downclocked my custom OC by 100mhz off of the core and memory clocks but it still tdr crashes or system hangs after the same amount of time. -----edited------ Got a TDR crash while running valley benchmark. Ridiculously unstable drivers. ---edited #2 ------ Getting TDR crashes at STOCK values, no OC, in valley benchmark. There's no way these drivers were tested before they were released. No way. Also lets get real for a minute about overclocking. We bought these cards for performance and they can easily overclock well past what they are generally retailed at. That's common knowledge to anyone who's been around hardware for a while and knows what they are doing. If we can't even slightly overclock our cards without issues when the card isn't even experiencing artifacting, then there is something severely broken that you need to fix nvidia or to work with your partners and retailers to help them get a working bios if that's the potential cause. My guess is there's something wrong with either the way boost clocks function, voltage, or power usage. A lot of people are reporting that they've fixed their crashing using custom high performance bios that are floating around the internet so clearly you should be looking at why that's causing stability for those people and then do something about it officially for the rest of us. I didn't buy my card to not OC it because of bad drivers. I've heard several reports of people tweaking the bios so that their boost limit clock is the same as their boost clock, which solved the crashing issues for them so nvidia you may want to look into why that's making their cards more stable when they do that and then do something about it for the rest of us who don't like messing around with our cards bios unofficially. Couple of things I've tried that didn't work: 1. Using Kboost mode from precisionX. 2. Forcing constant voltage with msi afterburner does nothing. When monitoring GPU voltage with gpu-z it is not forcing a constant voltage. 3. It's not the power supply being the issue either because my old 5970 which is a complete and total power hog had no issues whatsoever when forcing a constant voltage or even after applying a higher voltage to the OC I had used for that card for years. There is definitely something going on with either the bios or the driver with regards to voltage management and/or power management. If you need any additional information about anything else then send me a PM.
Produces frequent crashing in gta 5 and the witcher 3. TDR or blackscreen/greyscreen system hangs where manual reboot is required which happen often but not as often as the tdr crashes. Same problem as 352.86 and 353.06. 350.12 also has this issue but its not as frequent at all and is tolerable. Seems like the last true stable driver for me was 347.88

I am using msi afterburner 4.1.1 to overclock the card and use a custom fan profile. Anything between 30 minutes to an hour (sometimes longer) in an actual game and either a tdr or a blackscreen/greyscreen system hang occurs. Sometimes it can go for longer before that happens but it always happens.

I downclocked my custom OC by 100mhz off of the core and memory clocks but it still tdr crashes or system hangs after the same amount of time.

-----edited------ Got a TDR crash while running valley benchmark. Ridiculously unstable drivers.

---edited #2 ------ Getting TDR crashes at STOCK values, no OC, in valley benchmark. There's no way these drivers were tested before they were released. No way.

Also lets get real for a minute about overclocking. We bought these cards for performance and they can easily overclock well past what they are generally retailed at. That's common knowledge to anyone who's been around hardware for a while and knows what they are doing. If we can't even slightly overclock our cards without issues when the card isn't even experiencing artifacting, then there is something severely broken that you need to fix nvidia or to work with your partners and retailers to help them get a working bios if that's the potential cause.

My guess is there's something wrong with either the way boost clocks function, voltage, or power usage. A lot of people are reporting that they've fixed their crashing using custom high performance bios that are floating around the internet so clearly you should be looking at why that's causing stability for those people and then do something about it officially for the rest of us.

I didn't buy my card to not OC it because of bad drivers.

I've heard several reports of people tweaking the bios so that their boost limit clock is the same as their boost clock, which solved the crashing issues for them so nvidia you may want to look into why that's making their cards more stable when they do that and then do something about it for the rest of us who don't like messing around with our cards bios unofficially.

Couple of things I've tried that didn't work:

1. Using Kboost mode from precisionX.
2. Forcing constant voltage with msi afterburner does nothing. When monitoring GPU voltage with gpu-z it is not forcing a constant voltage.
3. It's not the power supply being the issue either because my old 5970 which is a complete and total power hog had no issues whatsoever when forcing a constant voltage or even after applying a higher voltage to the OC I had used for that card for years.

There is definitely something going on with either the bios or the driver with regards to voltage management and/or power management.

If you need any additional information about anything else then send me a PM.

Monitor: ASUS VS248 1920x1080
Windows 10 home 64bit
MOBO: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE rev3.0 / bios 3602
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.5ghz
Core Multiplier x45.0
Bus Speed 100mhz
G.skill 16gb DDR3-2133mhz
EVGA GTX 980 Bios: 84.04.31.00.80 (samsung vram)
Samsung 830 250GB SSD Firmware: CXM03B1Q
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD: Firmware: EMT01B6Q
PSU: Antec 850w gold certified
Keyboard: Logitech G110
Audio/sound: Logitech G35 7.1 headset
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 edition
------Essential background programs-----
MSI afterburner 4.3.0
or / EVGA Precision XOC 6.0.9
Logitech gaming software 8.88.30
PSU/mobo voltages:
+3.3V 3.312/3.328 fluctuation.
+5V is at 5.160 and doesn't move.
+12V is at 12.000 and doesn't move.

Posted 06/22/2015 05:52 PM   
ROG Swift still with the same problems... Arkham Origins and Arkham City unplayable in 3D Vision with SLI, last known driver to work perfectly 337.88. Gsync red light always on. 1) Asus GTX 780 SLI 2) 337.88 3) Windows 7 64bit 4) No 5) After 337.88 cannot play in 3D Vision properly, every game either has massive frame drops or does not even work with sli. 6) Use SLI, ROG Swift and any driver after 337.88.
ROG Swift still with the same problems... Arkham Origins and Arkham City unplayable in 3D Vision with SLI, last known driver to work perfectly 337.88. Gsync red light always on.

1) Asus GTX 780 SLI
2) 337.88
3) Windows 7 64bit
4) No
5) After 337.88 cannot play in 3D Vision properly, every game either has massive frame drops or does not even work with sli.
6) Use SLI, ROG Swift and any driver after 337.88.

Posted 06/22/2015 05:53 PM   
SLI settings seem to be missing in the Arkham Knight profile: http://i.imgur.com/daiNsTd.jpg
SLI settings seem to be missing in the Arkham Knight profile: http://i.imgur.com/daiNsTd.jpg

Posted 06/22/2015 05:54 PM   
I'm getting signal loss through HDMI when using multiple monitors. The screen will flash black a few seconds every few minutes if there are multiple displays active. Disconnecting the extra displays fixes the situation. This didn't happen with my SLI 980s. SLI gtx 980 tis I7 4770k 16 GB 2333mhz ram Z87x oc force UD motherboard AX 1200 Win 8.1 64 PS. Release the SLI bits for batman or I will riot.
I'm getting signal loss through HDMI when using multiple monitors. The screen will flash black a few seconds every few minutes if there are multiple displays active. Disconnecting the extra displays fixes the situation.

This didn't happen with my SLI 980s.

SLI gtx 980 tis
I7 4770k
16 GB 2333mhz ram
Z87x oc force UD motherboard
AX 1200
Win 8.1 64

PS. Release the SLI bits for batman or I will riot.

Posted 06/22/2015 05:57 PM   
So WTF is this crap. I thought AMD was the one with the driver issues. I get more crashes to desktop then i've ever seen. Pay the insane premium for a Nvida card and get worse drivers then AMD would give. Does anyone test stuff before you release it?
So WTF is this crap. I thought AMD was the one with the driver issues. I get more crashes to desktop then i've ever seen. Pay the insane premium for a Nvida card and get worse drivers then AMD would give.

Does anyone test stuff before you release it?

Posted 06/22/2015 05:58 PM   
When are you going address the constant game crashes that have / still is plaguing the GTX 970's, the last working driver is 350.12 which is from April. Every driver after 350.12 crashes while browsing with Chrome and has random game CTD's. I would think this is a huge embarrassment for a company like yours which claim to have the best driver support. Give us for once a working driver, and no more these junk drivers which crash constantly ... !!!
When are you going address the constant game crashes that have / still is plaguing the GTX 970's, the last working driver is 350.12 which is from April.

Every driver after 350.12 crashes while browsing with Chrome and has random game CTD's.

I would think this is a huge embarrassment for a company like yours which claim to have the best driver support.

Give us for once a working driver, and no more these junk drivers which crash constantly ... !!!

MB: Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger Z97
CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4,6 ghz
RAM: Kingston Fury 2x 8gb 1866 @ 2133 mhz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (rev. 1) (core 1582 mhz and mem 1995 mhz)
Screen: Dell U2515U 25" 2560x1440p
SSD: Samsung 500 GB 850 Evo and 250 GB 840 Evo

Posted 06/22/2015 06:10 PM   
As I've stated here; https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/847619/geforce-drivers/computer-crashes-with-the-353-06-drivers-for-gt-630m-card-/ my laptop has been crashing left and right. For the last 30 minutes my laptop had been stuck in a loop of SYSTEM_ERROR_EXCEPTION, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA BSODs. The last driver I know of that had no trouble with anything I'd do on my computer was the 335.23 driver. But now everything's gone to hell. It feels like you are deliberately trying to harm people's computers.
As I've stated here;

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/847619/geforce-drivers/computer-crashes-with-the-353-06-drivers-for-gt-630m-card-/

my laptop has been crashing left and right. For the last 30 minutes my laptop had been stuck in a loop of SYSTEM_ERROR_EXCEPTION, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA BSODs.

The last driver I know of that had no trouble with anything I'd do on my computer was the 335.23 driver.
But now everything's gone to hell.
It feels like you are deliberately trying to harm people's computers.

Posted 06/22/2015 06:13 PM   
and hey still no MFAA in SLI what a surprise. So are we not getting SLI bits for the game (Bman A knight) that comes with all these 700-1200 dollar NVidia cards?
and hey still no MFAA in SLI what a surprise.

So are we not getting SLI bits for the game (Bman A knight) that comes with all these 700-1200 dollar NVidia cards?

Posted 06/22/2015 06:17 PM   
Wow, I am so impressed. [b]NOT![/b] Another consecutive failure. Not only degraded graphics performance, but also impaired physics performance. Everything released since since February is garbage. Check out these results with NO OVERCLOCK. 3DMark 11 result on the left was run early today with old drivers, and the result on the right was just after using the latest cancer driver that is the subject of this thread. [url=http://i.imgur.com/uXM89VC.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/uXM89VC.jpg[/img][/url] And, it's not really only Kepler that is being ignored since Feburary's drivers... Maxwell performance is failure as well... [url=http://i.imgur.com/kKl8ybK.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/kKl8ybK.jpg[/img][/url] [size="XL"][b][color="orange"]And, the release notes say "no fixes" LOL. The lights are on, but nobody is home.[/color] [/b][/size]
Wow, I am so impressed. NOT! Another consecutive failure. Not only degraded graphics performance, but also impaired physics performance. Everything released since since February is garbage. Check out these results with NO OVERCLOCK. 3DMark 11 result on the left was run early today with old drivers, and the result on the right was just after using the latest cancer driver that is the subject of this thread.

And, it's not really only Kepler that is being ignored since Feburary's drivers... Maxwell performance is failure as well...

And, the release notes say "no fixes" LOL.
The lights are on, but nobody is home.

HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3 | 7700K | GTX 1080 SLI | 1440p 120Hz | 64GB DDR4-3333 | 780W AC Adapter
EUROCOM Tornado F5 | 7700K | GTX 1080 | 1080p 120Hz |32GB DDR4-3000 | 330W AC Adapter

Posted 06/22/2015 06:20 PM   
Why is NV UPDATE CORE and NVBACKEND stuff installed (and windows7-ULT-64Bit needs to be restarted?) when I do a clean (deletes old drivers) custom install with only Drivers+PHYS-X selected (and no NV-Experience or 3D stuff etc.) ???? Is the installer broken in version 353.30 ??? 353.06 did NOT do this, they worked perfectly in this regard !!! nVidia please clarify asap, behavior should be easily replicated. regards
Why is NV UPDATE CORE and NVBACKEND stuff installed (and windows7-ULT-64Bit needs to be restarted?) when I do a clean (deletes old drivers) custom install with only Drivers+PHYS-X selected (and no NV-Experience or 3D stuff etc.) ????

Is the installer broken in version 353.30 ???

353.06 did NOT do this, they worked perfectly in this regard !!!

nVidia please clarify asap, behavior should be easily replicated.

regards

Posted 06/22/2015 06:21 PM   
TDR Crash with the 353.30 driver and the other last two drivers in normal Windows mode. Only 350.12 have no TDR issues. A bunch of people have the same problems. But Nvidia saying nothing to the community about this big TDR problem. Because of that problem, i created this account. Wasting my time on you NVIDIA! (Thankfully, i dont bought one of your gtx980 ti with your broken drivers) Go Home, Nvidia, you are drunk! ------------------------------------------------------------- Rig: Evga GTX 780 Intel Core i7 4770K CPU 3,5 GHZ 16 GB Ram 350.12 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (bad english skills.-> I am from austria)
TDR Crash with the 353.30 driver and the other last two drivers in normal Windows mode. Only 350.12 have no TDR issues. A bunch of people have the same problems. But Nvidia saying nothing to the community about this big TDR problem.

Because of that problem, i created this account. Wasting my time on you NVIDIA! (Thankfully, i dont bought one of your gtx980 ti with your broken drivers)

Go Home, Nvidia, you are drunk!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Rig:
Evga GTX 780
Intel Core i7 4770K CPU 3,5 GHZ
16 GB Ram
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
(bad english skills.-> I am from austria)

Posted 06/22/2015 06:25 PM   
I'm feeling buyers remorse on the 980TIs now. Good thing I have 30 days to decide. I really want to try X-fire Fury X after this insult.
I'm feeling buyers remorse on the 980TIs now. Good thing I have 30 days to decide. I really want to try X-fire Fury X after this insult.

Posted 06/22/2015 06:29 PM   
This is a Troll driver guys lol. Nvidia can't be this stupid. Good one Nvidia now put up the real driver please.
This is a Troll driver guys lol. Nvidia can't be this stupid. Good one Nvidia now put up the real driver please.

Posted 06/22/2015 06:35 PM   
  1 / 45    
Scroll To Top