[APP] [Windows] Nvidia Shield TV Utility App v0.13
  1 / 5    
Hi Guys, I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the Nvidia Shield TV via USB or over the Network. I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles. [center] [img]https://sites.google.com/site/nvidiashieldtvutilityapp/_/rsrc/1486143819369/home/Capture.PNG[/img] [/center] The link below will direct you to the download page where you will find the app. Download website link: [url]http://goo.gl/4FiQCT[/url] Latest app download v0.13 link: [url]http://adf.ly/1jESLG[/url] 1. Unzip the folders to "C:\NSTV" 2. Launch app "Nvidia Shield TV Utility App.exe" Tested and working on Win7, Win8, and Win10 using NVIDIA Shield TV Pro Feel free to ask any question's, post any comments or concerns, or make suggestions for things you might like to see --------------- Changelog v0.13 Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.5.5 Updated - Kodi 1-Click latest stable release to version 17.0 Changelog v0.12 Bugfix - Update check link was broken now updated and fixed Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.5.0 Changelog v0.11 Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.4.2 BugFix - Fixed download bug with SPMC referencing KODI Changelog v0.10 Updated - Kodi 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.1 Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.4 Changelog v0.09 Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 16.0 Added - SPMC 16.2.0 to 1-Click download and install Added - SPMC 16.x Data Backup Added - SPMC 16.x Data Restore Added - SPMC 16.x Delete temp files Added - SPMC 16.x Custom Splashscreen Install/Remove Changelog v0.08 Removed - As of OTA2.0 We no longer need ADB over Network.This can be enabled on the device under developer mode on your NSTV Bugfix - Uninstall button disappearing fixed Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 15.2 Added - Now can select multiple apk files to install all at once Tweak - Code cleanup Changelog v0.07 Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 15.1.1 Updated - Now able to Sideload\Install\Delete file in File Path with spaces Changelog v0.06 Added - 1-Click Download and install latest stable Kodi 15.x Tweaked - Code cleaned up Tweaked - ADB over network Changelog v0.05 Tweaked - ADB over network Tweaked - Recorded Video transfer Added - Record Video to Internal or External SDCard Downgraded - ADB drivers to version 1.0.31 as seems more stable and less device offline errors Fixed - A few more old code ref to c:\FTV\ which was causing app to crash... Hopefully all bug now squashed Updated - Virtual Keyboard Input image Changelog v0.04 Updated - Connected status tip update to advise its a guide only not to be relied upon as ADB app does not provide live connection status. Added - Push OBB folder to /SDCard/Android/OBB/ (Place the OBB folder you wish to push in "C:\NSTV\Apps\OBB_Folder") Changelog v0.03 Added - Check for valid file and path when installing 3rd party apk apps (User will be informed of any whitespace in file path) Added - Reboot into Bootloader to access Fast Boot (Make sure you are connected via USB cable) Added - Reboot (Shutdown and Restart) Fixed - Details popup now shows connection status from NVidia Shield TV Updated - App XDA Developers URL now that we have a dedicated forum page Updated - Removed Generic ADB USB drivers and added NVidia official ADB USB drivers with installation instructions Updated - Renamed some missed reference from AFTV to NSTV Changelog v0.02 Fixed - Cleaned up all previous reference links from Amazon FTV to NVidia STV Fixed - Check for update Added - Video capture Added - Power On or Standby toggle button Updated - GUI Logo and tweaked colours Tidy - Cleanup of coding Changelog v0.01 Initial release At the request of many of my supporters I have ported my Amazon FireTV Utility App for the Nvidia Shield TV. You might come across some links in the app referring back to Amazon FireTV Utility which will be cleaned up in the next release.
Hi Guys,

I've created GUI app to easily sideload your apks to the Nvidia Shield TV via USB or over the Network.

I will be updating it over time with extra bells and whistles.

The link below will direct you to the download page where you will find the app.

Download website link:
http://goo.gl/4FiQCT
Latest app download v0.13 link:
http://adf.ly/1jESLG

1. Unzip the folders to "C:\NSTV"
2. Launch app "Nvidia Shield TV Utility App.exe"

Tested and working on Win7, Win8, and Win10 using NVIDIA Shield TV Pro

Feel free to ask any question's, post any comments or concerns, or make suggestions for things you might like to see

---------------

Changelog v0.13

Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.5.5
Updated - Kodi 1-Click latest stable release to version 17.0

Changelog v0.12

Bugfix - Update check link was broken now updated and fixed
Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.5.0

Changelog v0.11

Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.4.2
BugFix - Fixed download bug with SPMC referencing KODI

Changelog v0.10

Updated - Kodi 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.1
Updated - SPMC 1-Click latest stable release to version 16.4

Changelog v0.09

Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 16.0
Added - SPMC 16.2.0 to 1-Click download and install
Added - SPMC 16.x Data Backup
Added - SPMC 16.x Data Restore
Added - SPMC 16.x Delete temp files
Added - SPMC 16.x Custom Splashscreen Install/Remove

Changelog v0.08

Removed - As of OTA2.0 We no longer need ADB over Network.This can be enabled on the device under developer mode on your NSTV
Bugfix - Uninstall button disappearing fixed
Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 15.2
Added - Now can select multiple apk files to install all at once
Tweak - Code cleanup

Changelog v0.07

Updated - Kodi 1-Click lastest stable release to version 15.1.1
Updated - Now able to Sideload\Install\Delete file in File Path with spaces

Changelog v0.06

Added - 1-Click Download and install latest stable Kodi 15.x
Tweaked - Code cleaned up
Tweaked - ADB over network

Changelog v0.05

Tweaked - ADB over network
Tweaked - Recorded Video transfer
Added - Record Video to Internal or External SDCard
Downgraded - ADB drivers to version 1.0.31 as seems more stable and less device offline errors
Fixed - A few more old code ref to c:\FTV\ which was causing app to crash... Hopefully all bug now squashed
Updated - Virtual Keyboard Input image

Changelog v0.04

Updated - Connected status tip update to advise its a guide only not to be relied upon as ADB app does not provide live connection status.
Added - Push OBB folder to /SDCard/Android/OBB/ (Place the OBB folder you wish to push in "C:\NSTV\Apps\OBB_Folder")

Changelog v0.03

Added - Check for valid file and path when installing 3rd party apk apps (User will be informed of any whitespace in file path)
Added - Reboot into Bootloader to access Fast Boot (Make sure you are connected via USB cable)
Added - Reboot (Shutdown and Restart)
Fixed - Details popup now shows connection status from NVidia Shield TV
Updated - App XDA Developers URL now that we have a dedicated forum page
Updated - Removed Generic ADB USB drivers and added NVidia official ADB USB drivers with installation instructions
Updated - Renamed some missed reference from AFTV to NSTV

Changelog v0.02

Fixed - Cleaned up all previous reference links from Amazon FTV to NVidia STV
Fixed - Check for update
Added - Video capture
Added - Power On or Standby toggle button
Updated - GUI Logo and tweaked colours
Tidy - Cleanup of coding

Changelog v0.01

Initial release
At the request of many of my supporters I have ported my Amazon FireTV Utility App for the Nvidia Shield TV.
You might come across some links in the app referring back to Amazon FireTV Utility which will be cleaned up in the next release.

Posted 06/10/2015 02:49 PM   
I'm honestly rather impressed. I'll give this a shot later on tonight.
I'm honestly rather impressed. I'll give this a shot later on tonight.

Posted 06/10/2015 02:52 PM   
Can you post source code plz.
Can you post source code plz.

Posted 06/10/2015 03:05 PM   
Can you publish the source plz ?
Can you publish the source plz ?

Posted 06/10/2015 03:36 PM   
Wow, thanks. I'll try it out tonight!
Wow, thanks. I'll try it out tonight!

Posted 06/10/2015 03:45 PM   
Thanks for this.. I have been using the FireTV one for awhile and it's awesome. Still has a lot of code from FTV, but its a start! Thanks!
Thanks for this.. I have been using the FireTV one for awhile and it's awesome. Still has a lot of code from FTV, but its a start!

Thanks!

Posted 06/10/2015 04:05 PM   
[quote=""]Thanks for this.. I have been using the FireTV one for awhile and it's awesome. However, I am unable to connect because of this message when I try to connect using IP 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. NSTV has been placed under C:\NSTV Thanks![/quote] Can you confirm the adb file is located in c:\NSTV\adb.exe it might be corrupted :( Saying that I've found a few bugs while checking your issue.... but most stuff should work fine.
said:Thanks for this.. I have been using the FireTV one for awhile and it's awesome. However, I am unable to connect because of this message when I try to connect using IP

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

NSTV has been placed under C:\NSTV

Thanks!

Can you confirm the adb file is located in c:\NSTV\adb.exe it might be corrupted :(

Saying that I've found a few bugs while checking your issue.... but most stuff should work fine.

Posted 06/10/2015 05:22 PM   
[quote=""]Where is the exact place you would install SHIELD TV IP in the Settings, example demo please ..[/quote] File > Settings Before you can use this utility you must make sure you have ADB debugger enabled. I need to wait for my account gets upgraded before I can post pics sorry.
said:Where is the exact place you would install SHIELD TV IP in the Settings, example demo please ..

File > Settings

Before you can use this utility you must make sure you have ADB debugger enabled.

I need to wait for my account gets upgraded before I can post pics sorry.

Posted 06/10/2015 06:02 PM   
Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything. Not sure what is the problem, i have installed the drivers of many devices, usually the thing that always works is to copy the hardware ids into the .inf file, but when i checked the one on Shield it had something like REV???? so i thought it wouldn't work, i also downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, but they seem to only have the HW ids for Shield Tablet.
Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything.

Not sure what is the problem, i have installed the drivers of many devices, usually the thing that always works is to copy the hardware ids into the .inf file, but when i checked the one on Shield it had something like REV???? so i thought it wouldn't work, i also downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, but they seem to only have the HW ids for Shield Tablet.

Posted 06/11/2015 04:03 PM   
Changelog v0.02 posted 14 minutes ago by Imtiaj Meah [ updated 11 minutes ago ] Fixed - Cleaned up all previous reference links from Amazon FTV to NVidia STV Fixed - Check for update Added - Video capture Added - Power On or Standby toggle button Updated - GUI Logo and tweaked colours Tidy - Cleanup of coding
Changelog v0.02
posted 14 minutes ago by Imtiaj Meah [ updated 11 minutes ago ]
Fixed - Cleaned up all previous reference links from Amazon FTV to NVidia STV
Fixed - Check for update
Added - Video capture
Added - Power On or Standby toggle button
Updated - GUI Logo and tweaked colours
Tidy - Cleanup of coding

Posted 06/11/2015 08:13 PM   
[quote=""]Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything. Not sure what is the problem, i have installed the drivers of many devices, usually the thing that always works is to copy the hardware ids into the .inf file, but when i checked the one on Shield it had something like REV???? so i thought it wouldn't work, i also downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, but they seem to only have the HW ids for Shield Tablet.[/quote] I will try and find a guide or if not create one when I get time if your still having issue
said:Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything.

Not sure what is the problem, i have installed the drivers of many devices, usually the thing that always works is to copy the hardware ids into the .inf file, but when i checked the one on Shield it had something like REV???? so i thought it wouldn't work, i also downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, but they seem to only have the HW ids for Shield Tablet.

I will try and find a guide or if not create one when I get time if your still having issue

Posted 06/11/2015 08:14 PM   
Will this root? If not are you working on that? I'm not good with adb and such but I'd like my shield rooted with a custom recovery. I love the work you did with the FireTV. Thank you
Will this root? If not are you working on that? I'm not good with adb and such but I'd like my shield rooted with a custom recovery. I love the work you did with the FireTV. Thank you

Posted 06/11/2015 08:19 PM   
[quote=""][quote=""]Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything. Not sure what is the problem, i have installed the drivers of many devices, usually the thing that always works is to copy the hardware ids into the .inf file, but when i checked the one on Shield it had something like REV???? so i thought it wouldn't work, i also downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, but they seem to only have the HW ids for Shield Tablet.[/quote] I will try and find a guide or if not create one when I get time if your still having issue[/quote] Thanks, i think i found the proper .inf file, i posted it in another thread, will be checking it tonight.
said:
said:Hi, i tried to use this yesterday, but i was never able to get adb to recognize the device, i tried updating the drivers with the ones in your folder, but windows 8.1 just says it couldn't find anything.

I will try and find a guide or if not create one when I get time if your still having issue

Thanks, i think i found the proper .inf file, i posted it in another thread, will be checking it tonight.

Posted 06/11/2015 10:41 PM   
[quote=""]Will this root? If not are you working on that? I'm not good with adb and such but I'd like my shield rooted with a custom recovery. I love the work you did with the FireTV. Thank you[/quote] I will add root option once a safe and reliable vulnerability is found for both the 16GB and 500GB units. The current exploit is a bit flaky and I don't have that unit so I can't test. The 500GB unit still hasn't been rooted from what I know at the moment. Dont worry once they are available I will update the app faster than you can say boo :)
said:Will this root? If not are you working on that? I'm not good with adb and such but I'd like my shield rooted with a custom recovery. I love the work you did with the FireTV. Thank you

I will add root option once a safe and reliable vulnerability is found for both the 16GB and 500GB units.

The current exploit is a bit flaky and I don't have that unit so I can't test.
The 500GB unit still hasn't been rooted from what I know at the moment.

Dont worry once they are available I will update the app faster than you can say boo :)

Posted 06/11/2015 11:06 PM   
Does not do adb over wireless -- at least not as configured out-of-the-box. Elegant adaptation of the FTV app all the same.
Does not do adb over wireless -- at least not as configured out-of-the-box.

Elegant adaptation of the FTV app all the same.

Posted 06/12/2015 01:15 AM   
  1 / 5    
Scroll To Top