Can't delete anything on the sd card
I have es file explorer which lets you delete files on the sd card on Lollipop but it seems the function doesn't work and if I want to delete a file on my sd card I have to take the sd card out and delete it with my pc.
I have es file explorer which lets you delete files on the sd card on Lollipop but it seems the function doesn't work and if I want to delete a file on my sd card I have to take the sd card out and delete it with my pc.
Is the SD card mounted rw in file explorer?
Is the SD card mounted rw in file explorer?

Posted 06/02/2015 01:58 AM   
[quote=""]Is the SD card mounted rw in file explorer?[/quote] How doesn't that require root? I'm used to having root and just fixing the permissions issue. Lol. Thanks.
said:Is the SD card mounted rw in file explorer?
How doesn't that require root? I'm used to having root and just fixing the permissions issue. Lol. Thanks.
What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?
What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 06/02/2015 08:09 AM   
I think that lollipop doesnt give permissons to apps to write in ext sdcard, only read. Usually the file explorer that comes preinstalled in a smartphone has this permisons but the shield doesnt come with any so i guess we are stuck until nvidia integrates a native file explorer.
I think that lollipop doesnt give permissons to apps to write in ext sdcard, only read. Usually the file explorer that comes preinstalled in a smartphone has this permisons but the shield doesnt come with any so i guess we are stuck until nvidia integrates a native file explorer.

Posted 06/02/2015 06:29 PM   
[quote=""]I think that lollipop doesnt give permissons to apps to write in ext sdcard, only read. Usually the file explorer that comes preinstalled in a smartphone has this permisons but the shield doesnt come with any so i guess we are stuck until nvidia integrates a native file explorer. [/quote]Lollipop has a work around and es file explorer supports it but it's not working.
said:I think that lollipop doesnt give permissons to apps to write in ext sdcard, only read. Usually the file explorer that comes preinstalled in a smartphone has this permisons but the shield doesnt come with any so i guess we are stuck until nvidia integrates a native file explorer.
Lollipop has a work around and es file explorer supports it but it's not working.
[quote="ManuelG"]What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?[/quote]I believe the card is ntfs.
ManuelG said:What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?
I believe the card is ntfs.
[quote=""][quote="ManuelG"]What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?[/quote]I believe the card is ntfs.[/quote] Pretty sure it has to be formatted as FAT32 if you wish to delete files from the microSD card.
said:
ManuelG said:What file format is the microSD card formatted as? What size is the microSD card?
I believe the card is ntfs.

Pretty sure it has to be formatted as FAT32 if you wish to delete files from the microSD card.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

Posted 06/03/2015 09:19 AM   
Android TV is missing a component to support the workaround provided by ES File Explorer. We are targeting this for the first OTA update to SHIELD Android TV.
Android TV is missing a component to support the workaround provided by ES File Explorer. We are targeting this for the first OTA update to SHIELD Android TV.

Posted 06/04/2015 11:29 AM   
[quote="ManuelG"]Android TV is missing a component to support the workaround provided by ES File Explorer. We are targeting this for the first OTA update to SHIELD Android TV. [/quote]Thanks! I figured that out this morning. Can't wait for the update.
ManuelG said:Android TV is missing a component to support the workaround provided by ES File Explorer. We are targeting this for the first OTA update to SHIELD Android TV.
Thanks! I figured that out this morning. Can't wait for the update.
Any update on this? Just got my 16GB Shield ATV in the mail, and I've got this issue with the latest update. Seems the fix didn't make it into the latest update?
Any update on this? Just got my 16GB Shield ATV in the mail, and I've got this issue with the latest update. Seems the fix didn't make it into the latest update?
Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either. And when the next update will arrive? August is almost a history :-)
Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either.

And when the next update will arrive? August is almost a history :-)

Posted 08/31/2015 04:47 PM   
[quote="lee_"]Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either. And when the next update will arrive? August is almost a history :-) [/quote] Keep in mind that the "next update" quoted is dated before 1.3, and I believe 1.2 as well. That'ts one or two updates since the "next update" quote. At this point, I don't think it's happening. Android M addresses this via a different mechanism, so we may just have to wait for Android M. Until then, we have limited control over the MicroSD. So, move all apps to MicroSD that you can spare, but for folders where you want to edit the content, use local storage. Additionally, I recommend keeping Kodi in local storage. I have a relatively quick MicroSD card, but with Kodi on MicroSD, artwork for movies/shows loads a little slowly. With local storage, it's nearly instant just like the Nexus Player. It's atrocious on the 500GB Pro model, however.
lee_ said:Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either.

Keep in mind that the "next update" quoted is dated before 1.3, and I believe 1.2 as well. That'ts one or two updates since the "next update" quote.

At this point, I don't think it's happening. Android M addresses this via a different mechanism, so we may just have to wait for Android M. Until then, we have limited control over the MicroSD. So, move all apps to MicroSD that you can spare, but for folders where you want to edit the content, use local storage.

Additionally, I recommend keeping Kodi in local storage. I have a relatively quick MicroSD card, but with Kodi on MicroSD, artwork for movies/shows loads a little slowly. With local storage, it's nearly instant just like the Nexus Player. It's atrocious on the 500GB Pro model, however.
[quote="jaykresge"][quote="lee_"]Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either. And when the next update will arrive? August is almost a history :-) [/quote] Keep in mind that the "next update" quoted is dated before 1.3, and I believe 1.2 as well. That'ts one or two updates since the "next update" quote. At this point, I don't think it's happening. Android M addresses this via a different mechanism, so we may just have to wait for Android M. Until then, we have limited control over the MicroSD. So, move all apps to MicroSD that you can spare, but for folders where you want to edit the content, use local storage. Additionally, I recommend keeping Kodi in local storage. I have a relatively quick MicroSD card, but with Kodi on MicroSD, artwork for movies/shows loads a little slowly. With local storage, it's nearly instant just like the Nexus Player. It's atrocious on the 500GB Pro model, however.[/quote] Thanks for the kodi tip. I'll try moving kodi to the internal storage and see if some performance is to be gained. I was aware of that the mentioned/quoted update, but thinking more of the upcoming one.
jaykresge said:
lee_ said:Me too. I found that out by the hard way while performing backup of Kodi. The backup process was interrupted so I thought to target the internal storage and then move the backup to MicroSD. To my surprise I couldn't that either.

Keep in mind that the "next update" quoted is dated before 1.3, and I believe 1.2 as well. That'ts one or two updates since the "next update" quote.

At this point, I don't think it's happening. Android M addresses this via a different mechanism, so we may just have to wait for Android M. Until then, we have limited control over the MicroSD. So, move all apps to MicroSD that you can spare, but for folders where you want to edit the content, use local storage.

Additionally, I recommend keeping Kodi in local storage. I have a relatively quick MicroSD card, but with Kodi on MicroSD, artwork for movies/shows loads a little slowly. With local storage, it's nearly instant just like the Nexus Player. It's atrocious on the 500GB Pro model, however.

Thanks for the kodi tip. I'll try moving kodi to the internal storage and see if some performance is to be gained.

I was aware of that the mentioned/quoted update, but thinking more of the upcoming one.

Posted 08/31/2015 06:56 PM   
Sorry for bumping an old thread but did this issue ever get fixed? As i am having the same problem with the most recent firmware (as of today). I cant physically write to the 64Gb sdcard (formatting as NTFS, same problem when formatted as exFat) using sftp or es file explorer. I have to take the sdcard out and plug it into my pc to copy anything to it. I dont really want to root the device just so i can have the ability for write access to the card. sdcard model: SanDisk Ultra Android 64 GB microSDXC Memory Card plus SD Adapter up to 80 MB/s, Class 10. TIA
Sorry for bumping an old thread but did this issue ever get fixed? As i am having the same problem with the most recent firmware (as of today).

I cant physically write to the 64Gb sdcard (formatting as NTFS, same problem when formatted as exFat) using sftp or es file explorer. I have to take the sdcard out and plug it into my pc to copy anything to it.

I dont really want to root the device just so i can have the ability for write access to the card.

sdcard model: SanDisk Ultra Android 64 GB microSDXC Memory Card plus SD Adapter up to 80 MB/s, Class 10.

TIA

Posted 01/04/2016 02:28 PM   
Scroll To Top