Graphics Glitch on GeForce 320M
I own a Mid 2010 13' inch MacBook Pro and I have experienced a graphics glitch after upgrading the driver to 341.44 on Bootcamp. Please note that I have just started using Bootcamp so I do not know if this issue is already present with previous drivers. Basically the screen would flicker with small black squares on certain areas when running certain programs (e.g. games, Visual Studio, and even GeForce Experience). Is this a hardware problem? I notice that it only happens on Windows and not on OS X. Here is an example of what I see: http://postimg.org/image/nupkhlnit/
I own a Mid 2010 13' inch MacBook Pro and I have experienced a graphics glitch after upgrading the driver to 341.44 on Bootcamp.

Please note that I have just started using Bootcamp so I do not know if this issue is already present with previous drivers.

Basically the screen would flicker with small black squares on certain areas when running certain programs (e.g. games, Visual Studio, and even GeForce Experience). Is this a hardware problem? I notice that it only happens on Windows and not on OS X.

Here is an example of what I see: http://postimg.org/image/nupkhlnit/

Posted 05/23/2015 04:05 AM   
No, unfortunately for these MacBook Pros at least, this has been a problem for some time. I have been battling this problem for about 2 years now. The only way that I have managed to fix it is by installing driver version 332.21 for the Geforce 320M graphics card. This driver is way out of date and doesn't have anywhere near the speed of the more modern 341.44 driver, but unfortunately, if you don't want glitches all over the place, the 332.21 driver is the only way to go that I have found so far. I hope they do eventually fix this glitch cause I can't imagine that its just 13' mid 2010 Macbook Pros that have this problem.
No, unfortunately for these MacBook Pros at least, this has been a problem for some time. I have been battling this problem for about 2 years now. The only way that I have managed to fix it is by installing driver version 332.21 for the Geforce 320M graphics card. This driver is way out of date and doesn't have anywhere near the speed of the more modern 341.44 driver, but unfortunately, if you don't want glitches all over the place, the 332.21 driver is the only way to go that I have found so far. I hope they do eventually fix this glitch cause I can't imagine that its just 13' mid 2010 Macbook Pros that have this problem.

Posted 06/02/2015 12:41 PM   
Same glich on Macbook Air late 2010 (11") GeForce 320M under windows 7 with 341.44 drivers.
Same glich on Macbook Air late 2010 (11") GeForce 320M under windows 7 with 341.44 drivers.

Posted 06/14/2015 04:27 PM   
I have the glitch as well but only in GeForce Experience. My biggest issue is the fact that the "close window" buttons (minimize maximize etc) randomly disappear as well. The issue resolves when I uninstall everything NVIDIA. I'm afraid the EOL has come for this GPU and there's nothing more that will come of this.
I have the glitch as well but only in GeForce Experience. My biggest issue is the fact that the "close window" buttons (minimize maximize etc) randomly disappear as well. The issue resolves when I uninstall everything NVIDIA. I'm afraid the EOL has come for this GPU and there's nothing more that will come of this.

Posted 09/05/2015 06:03 AM   
window buttons in modern apps have bin fixed in last Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10547 but there are some other issues (color overlay in context menus for example)
window buttons in modern apps have bin fixed in last Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10547
but there are some other issues (color overlay in context menus for example)

Posted 09/20/2015 09:40 PM   
[quote="atv_123"]No, unfortunately for these MacBook Pros at least, this has been a problem for some time. I have been battling this problem for about 2 years now. The only way that I have managed to fix it is by installing driver version 332.21 for the Geforce 320M graphics card. This driver is way out of date and doesn't have anywhere near the speed of the more modern 341.44 driver, but unfortunately, if you don't want glitches all over the place, the 332.21 driver is the only way to go that I have found so far. I hope they do eventually fix this glitch cause I can't imagine that its just 13' mid 2010 Macbook Pros that have this problem.[/quote] Wow, thanks a lot that worked for me, I'm actually able to use 3D applications now. I hope the other repliers saw this.
atv_123 said:No, unfortunately for these MacBook Pros at least, this has been a problem for some time. I have been battling this problem for about 2 years now. The only way that I have managed to fix it is by installing driver version 332.21 for the Geforce 320M graphics card. This driver is way out of date and doesn't have anywhere near the speed of the more modern 341.44 driver, but unfortunately, if you don't want glitches all over the place, the 332.21 driver is the only way to go that I have found so far. I hope they do eventually fix this glitch cause I can't imagine that its just 13' mid 2010 Macbook Pros that have this problem.

Wow, thanks a lot that worked for me, I'm actually able to use 3D applications now. I hope the other repliers saw this.

Posted 11/22/2017 01:47 PM   
Scroll To Top