GTA V, SLI & VRAM
So I currently run two 780ti's in SLI, each has 3GB of VRAM. When I load GTA V or Max Payne 3 it shows I have 6GB of VRAM. I thought SLI didn't combine vram. Is the game right or wrong?
So I currently run two 780ti's in SLI, each has 3GB of VRAM. When I load GTA V or Max Payne 3 it shows I have 6GB of VRAM. I thought SLI didn't combine vram. Is the game right or wrong?

Posted 04/15/2015 07:12 PM   
Both right and wrong. The game detects 8GB of system VRAM, so it displays that. Since each card renders the whole scene, however, the VRAM usage on each card is the same and the values added. So you can only load up to 3GB of VRAM. This is incredibly misleading and I hope R* figures this out and corrects it. DX12 is rumored to utilize all VRAM, so VRAM may soon be combined in games that use DX12.
Both right and wrong. The game detects 8GB of system VRAM, so it displays that. Since each card renders the whole scene, however, the VRAM usage on each card is the same and the values added. So you can only load up to 3GB of VRAM. This is incredibly misleading and I hope R* figures this out and corrects it. DX12 is rumored to utilize all VRAM, so VRAM may soon be combined in games that use DX12.

Posted 04/16/2015 01:02 AM   
[quote="acsdog"]Both right and wrong. The game detects 8GB of system VRAM, so it displays that. Since each card renders the whole scene, however, the VRAM usage on each card is the same and the values added. So you can only load up to 3GB of VRAM. This is incredibly misleading and I hope R* figures this out and corrects it. DX12 is rumored to utilize all VRAM, so VRAM may soon be combined in games that use DX12.[/quote] Yes it should with dx12
acsdog said:Both right and wrong. The game detects 8GB of system VRAM, so it displays that. Since each card renders the whole scene, however, the VRAM usage on each card is the same and the values added. So you can only load up to 3GB of VRAM. This is incredibly misleading and I hope R* figures this out and corrects it. DX12 is rumored to utilize all VRAM, so VRAM may soon be combined in games that use DX12.

Yes it should with dx12

sorry for my english, it is my 2nd language
haswell-e 5930k @ 4.4Ghz with hyperthread 6c,12t
Asus x99 deluxe
16GB DDR4 ram 3000mhz 15-15-15-35
Titan X pascal
samsung 850 pro 512GB + 840 evo 1TB SSD
Rog Swift 1440p gsync monitor and LG OLED 55EC9300
oculus rift 4 sensors + touch
Win 10 64bits

Posted 04/20/2015 01:03 AM   
Scroll To Top