Shield portable 2 Coming, Codename : LOKI - exclusive info enter here
  21 / 29    
This documents says display is 152.6mm which is exactly 6 inches: https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3065238 In the mean time androidheadlines says the same device has a 8inches display and is a tablet: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/07/possible-new-nvidia-shield-tablet-passes-fcc.html I dont know where they got their figures but will look at the fcc docs. I am confident it is the portable 2 and not a tablet.
This documents says display is 152.6mm which is exactly 6 inches:

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3065238

In the mean time androidheadlines says the same device has a 8inches display and is a tablet:

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/07/possible-new-nvidia-shield-tablet-passes-fcc.html

I dont know where they got their figures but will look at the fcc docs. I am confident it is the portable 2 and not a tablet.

Posted 07/26/2016 12:45 PM   
Edit: labels confirm it is shield portable !!! https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2588781 User manual and photos will be disclosed by fcc on january 2017, so it means release before christmas. Guess what santa claus will bring me :)
Edit: labels confirm it is shield portable !!!

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2588781

User manual and photos will be disclosed by fcc on january 2017, so it means release before christmas. Guess what santa claus will bring me :)

Posted 07/26/2016 01:09 PM   
Last time I looked into shield portable 2 was last year some time and it seemed there was no hope, googled it again today and came to this! Don't want to get my hopes up again to much, but this does look really promising. What are the odds of this happening now with this new info?
Last time I looked into shield portable 2 was last year some time and it seemed there was no hope, googled it again today and came to this! Don't want to get my hopes up again to much, but this does look really promising. What are the odds of this happening now with this new info?

Posted 07/26/2016 03:03 PM   
[quote="delboy8"]Last time I looked into shield portable 2 was last year some time and it seemed there was no hope, googled it again today and came to this! Don't want to get my hopes up again to much, but this does look really promising. What are the odds of this happening now with this new info? [/quote] Along the list of submitted but undisclosed documents is loki_user_manual.pdf I would say that you dont submit this kind of documents unless you are ready to launch the product. I think odd to see the shield portable 2 before christmas is 100% :)
delboy8 said:Last time I looked into shield portable 2 was last year some time and it seemed there was no hope, googled it again today and came to this! Don't want to get my hopes up again to much, but this does look really promising. What are the odds of this happening now with this new info?

Along the list of submitted but undisclosed documents is loki_user_manual.pdf

I would say that you dont submit this kind of documents unless you are ready to launch the product. I think odd to see the shield portable 2 before christmas is 100% :)

Posted 07/26/2016 05:11 PM   
And looking through the information, this one has 802.11ac Wifi, so definitely an upgraded version as well. Wow, this looks like it could be a potential new Shield Portable...going to be checking back everyday with this...
And looking through the information, this one has 802.11ac Wifi, so definitely an upgraded version as well. Wow, this looks like it could be a potential new Shield Portable...going to be checking back everyday with this...

Posted 07/27/2016 01:50 AM   
[quote="atarumoroboshi18"]And looking through the information, this one has 802.11ac Wifi, so definitely an upgraded version as well. Wow, this looks like it could be a potential new Shield Portable...going to be checking back everyday with this...[/quote] It is. and they had it ready since last year. Bushiness decisions made them not to release it, but it looks like this year it's coming. On the other hand do not check in everyday since the documents point out November as a possible release date.
atarumoroboshi18 said:And looking through the information, this one has 802.11ac Wifi, so definitely an upgraded version as well. Wow, this looks like it could be a potential new Shield Portable...going to be checking back everyday with this...

It is. and they had it ready since last year. Bushiness decisions made them not to release it, but it looks like this year it's coming.

On the other hand do not check in everyday since the documents point out November as a possible release date.

Posted 07/27/2016 11:43 AM   
My day started cloudly, but now I can see the Sun. Damn i'm pumped!
My day started cloudly, but now I can see the Sun. Damn i'm pumped!

I don't have a shield...

Posted 07/27/2016 06:51 PM   
Maybe this is related to the rumours of the new Nintendo console. They speculate that Nvidia and Nintendo are going to work together :-)
Maybe this is related to the rumours of the new Nintendo console. They speculate that Nvidia and Nintendo are going to work together :-)

Posted 07/28/2016 08:14 AM   
[img]http://media0.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif[/img] I'm super excited about this, those documents look awfully convincing. Hope Nvidia make an official announcement soon!

I'm super excited about this, those documents look awfully convincing. Hope Nvidia make an official announcement soon!

Posted 07/28/2016 02:05 PM   
I would actually be more inclined to think this has to do with the Nintendo NX that is rumored to contain a Tegra chip and not a new SHIELD device. They would have been working together on that for a few years by now.
I would actually be more inclined to think this has to do with the Nintendo NX that is rumored to contain a Tegra chip and not a new SHIELD device. They would have been working together on that for a few years by now.

My SHIELD Products:
SHIELD TV Pro, SHIELD Controllers (3), SHIELD Remote, SHIELD Tablet K1,
SHIELD Tablet K1 Cover, SHIELD DirectStylus 2, SHIELD World Charger — I'm a nerd. Wat?

Posted 07/28/2016 07:20 PM   
yeah this is the Nintendo NX
yeah this is the Nintendo NX

Posted 07/28/2016 10:47 PM   
Oh, I thought the model number/FCCID were exactly the same as the original Shield Portable 2 papers that appeared a year ago, which specifically state it's a Shield Portable 2.
Oh, I thought the model number/FCCID were exactly the same as the original Shield Portable 2 papers that appeared a year ago, which specifically state it's a Shield Portable 2.

Posted 07/29/2016 08:25 AM   
They are the same. The shield portable was postponed last year for some reason (could be related to the tablet battery issue, who knows?). As posted above, the submitted fcc docs clearly state: "shield portable". There is no doubt.
They are the same. The shield portable was postponed last year for some reason (could be related to the tablet battery issue, who knows?).

As posted above, the submitted fcc docs clearly state: "shield portable". There is no doubt.

Posted 07/30/2016 08:12 AM   
For people saying that it's the NX, it is not. The Nintendo NX is develloped by Nintendo, with a possible Nvidia chip. This device, witch is probably the Shield Portable 2, is develloped by Nvidia and not by Nintendo.
For people saying that it's the NX, it is not. The Nintendo NX is develloped by Nintendo, with a possible Nvidia chip. This device, witch is probably the Shield Portable 2, is develloped by Nvidia and not by Nintendo.

I don't have a shield...

Posted 07/31/2016 02:58 PM   
I'm pretty hyped with this new news. I will be Preordering as soon as possible if this is true. I'm wondering though Nvidia never did unveil a new mobile SoC based on Pascal did they? So either this will be running an underclocked X1 or Nvidia didn't announce their new chip like they normally do in March. This just seems to fly in the face of all the rumors of Nvidia getting out of the mobile market or that they are the new supplier for the NX hardware.
I'm pretty hyped with this new news. I will be Preordering as soon as possible if this is true.

I'm wondering though Nvidia never did unveil a new mobile SoC based on Pascal did they?

So either this will be running an underclocked X1 or Nvidia didn't announce their new chip like they normally do in March.

This just seems to fly in the face of all the rumors of Nvidia getting out of the mobile market or that they are the new supplier for the NX hardware.

Posted 08/01/2016 02:31 PM   
  21 / 29    
Scroll To Top