Games that require config, registry or profile changes to work with Nvidia's stereoscopic drivers.
  1 / 2    
I'd assume that a lot of Helixmod users never frequent the 3D Vision forums. So I was wondering if it might be a good idea to include games on there that work but require a simple modification to do so. Or put a link on there to someplace, where these work arounds could be easily found. Like Race the Sun, 4everAwake states that simply moving it the Aion profile makes it nearly perfect. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/660495/ Or Beyond Good and Evil, it will not work in 3D unless you tweak the registry by adding HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Beyond Good & Evil\SettingsApplication.INI\Basic video -->AfterFx=0 While the 3D isn't perfect, it does enable it. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/367682/?comment=2636868 Also Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and probably a few others use to work with 3D Vision, but later required a wrapper to work and then started working again simply by editing the config file with seta r_stereo "1" and you'll also need to adjust the following values as needed/desired, seta cg_stereoSeparation "0.4" seta s_separation "0.5" . https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/468348/3d-vision/gldirect-unlocks-3d-vision-support-for-older-opengl-titles/post/4255606/ Or how about Snow http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/ It's currently in Beta Early Access but by editing the config file you can use cryengines built in 3D. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/803235/ I'm sure there are at least a few more. My thought is that fellow 3D enthusiast might simply dismiss a game as not working if it's not on the blog. Of course real enthusiasts wouldn't stop there, but novices would. It would definitely help if the search feature on this forum wasn't so shitty.
I'd assume that a lot of Helixmod users never frequent the 3D Vision forums.

So I was wondering if it might be a good idea to include games on there that work but require a simple modification to do so. Or put a link on there to someplace, where these work arounds could be easily found.

Like Race the Sun, 4everAwake states that simply moving it the Aion profile makes it nearly perfect.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/660495/

Or Beyond Good and Evil, it will not work in 3D unless you tweak the registry by adding HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ubisoft\Beyond Good & Evil\SettingsApplication.INI\Basic video -->AfterFx=0

While the 3D isn't perfect, it does enable it. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/367682/?comment=2636868

Also Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Return to Castle Wolfenstein and probably a few others use to work with 3D Vision, but later required a wrapper to work and then started working again simply by editing the config file with seta r_stereo "1" and you'll also need to adjust the following values as needed/desired, seta cg_stereoSeparation "0.4" seta s_separation "0.5"
. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/468348/3d-vision/gldirect-unlocks-3d-vision-support-for-older-opengl-titles/post/4255606/

Or how about Snow http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/
It's currently in Beta Early Access but by editing the config file you can use cryengines built in 3D.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/803235/

I'm sure there are at least a few more.

My thought is that fellow 3D enthusiast might simply dismiss a game as not working if it's not on the blog. Of course real enthusiasts wouldn't stop there, but novices would.

It would definitely help if the search feature on this forum wasn't so shitty.

Posted 03/22/2015 07:19 AM   
How about ffXIII-2?
How about ffXIII-2?

Posted 03/22/2015 07:29 PM   
eqzitara started a blog post with this in mind awhile back. It's not high profile, but you can find it easily off of the 'gamelist' page at the bottom. http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-change-3d-vision-profile-and.html I've been updating this page on occasion, and as people find things, I'm happy to add them to the list. D-Man11: If you might want to keep track of these, making a new blog post with all of them would make you the page 'owner', and then you could update at will. I can set you up as a blog author easily.
eqzitara started a blog post with this in mind awhile back. It's not high profile, but you can find it easily off of the 'gamelist' page at the bottom.

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-change-3d-vision-profile-and.html

I've been updating this page on occasion, and as people find things, I'm happy to add them to the list.

D-Man11: If you might want to keep track of these, making a new blog post with all of them would make you the page 'owner', and then you could update at will. I can set you up as a blog author easily.

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
GTX 970 - GTX 760 Dedicated PhysX - i5-4670K@4.2GHz - 12GB RAM - Win7x64+evilKB2670838 - 4 Disk X25 RAID
Latest 3Dmigoto Release
Bo3b's School for ShaderHackers

Posted 03/23/2015 12:13 AM   
It would be nice if these showed up in the game list page as well, maybe in a separate section or maybe just with a tag to separate them from the full fixes, something like: ... Quantum Conundrum Race The Sun [Tweak Guide] Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 ... They could then link directly to the forum post. The question is, who is going to maintain this list, and where? There's a few options: 1. I can take charge of this and just add a list to the javascript since I already own the game list page. I already have a couple of manual lists for things like matching titles, so adding one more would not be hard. 2. They could be full posts on the blog (the date can be set in the past if we don't want them to show up on the front page), that use a label to indicate that they are a tweak guide. 3. The list could be maintained separately, in a machine readable format that the game list can read (JSON would be ideal since it is easy to parse from javascript). That would allow someone else to take charge of maintaining the list, but care would need to be taken to ensure that a typo or network error doesn't break the rest of the game list. I don't have any strong preference on this - I'm just throwing some options in for consideration.
It would be nice if these showed up in the game list page as well, maybe in a separate section or maybe just with a tag to separate them from the full fixes, something like:

Quantum Conundrum
Race The Sun [Tweak Guide]
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

They could then link directly to the forum post.

The question is, who is going to maintain this list, and where? There's a few options:

1. I can take charge of this and just add a list to the javascript since I already own the game list page. I already have a couple of manual lists for things like matching titles, so adding one more would not be hard.

2. They could be full posts on the blog (the date can be set in the past if we don't want them to show up on the front page), that use a label to indicate that they are a tweak guide.

3. The list could be maintained separately, in a machine readable format that the game list can read (JSON would be ideal since it is easy to parse from javascript). That would allow someone else to take charge of maintaining the list, but care would need to be taken to ensure that a typo or network error doesn't break the rest of the game list.

I don't have any strong preference on this - I'm just throwing some options in for consideration.

Alienware M17x R4 w/ built in 3D, Intel i7 3740QM, GTX 680m 2GB, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, Win7 64bit, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750GB HDD
Pre-release 3D fixes, shadertool.py and other goodies: http://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/DarkStarSword
Contact & PayPal: darkstarsword@gmail.com

Posted 03/23/2015 02:34 AM   
I hadn't looked at eqzitara's blog post on profiles in awhile and wasn't aware that Race the sun was there. Until recently, I never scrolled down that far on the game list page and had no idea that chiri's resolution tool was hosted there. I'd maintain it you want me to, just know that I have never done anything like that before. My concern is that because of the shitty search functions of this forum, a known fix or workaround might get overlooked by someone. Plus I'd imagine, that there are some that don't even think to look further than the blog. Even using Google, they may never find it. A lot depends on if it was posted in the same thread as the game was discussed in, as well as the verbage used by the poster. 2 recent fixes popped up by a new poster named zayou. One for NBA2K14 and the other for London 2012. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/617267/nba-2k14-/ https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/820943/3d-vision/london-2012/ If the poster doesn't register and upload them to the blog himself., what happens? Is there another place to safeguard the fix, in case his download link expires?
I hadn't looked at eqzitara's blog post on profiles in awhile and wasn't aware that Race the sun was there. Until recently, I never scrolled down that far on the game list page and had no idea that chiri's resolution tool was hosted there.

I'd maintain it you want me to, just know that I have never done anything like that before.

My concern is that because of the shitty search functions of this forum, a known fix or workaround might get overlooked by someone. Plus I'd imagine, that there are some that don't even think to look further than the blog.

Even using Google, they may never find it. A lot depends on if it was posted in the same thread as the game was discussed in, as well as the verbage used by the poster.

2 recent fixes popped up by a new poster named zayou. One for NBA2K14 and the other for London 2012.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/617267/nba-2k14-/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/820943/3d-vision/london-2012/

If the poster doesn't register and upload them to the blog himself., what happens? Is there another place to safeguard the fix, in case his download link expires?

Posted 03/24/2015 10:54 PM   
I like the idea of having a one-stop for looking into 3D games. It's not clear if HelixModBlog is exactly the right spot but I'm nearly certain that Helix himself would not mind if we add non-fixed games (like profile switches and 3D Vision Ready games) to the blog. What do you all think? Is HelixModBlog your one-stop for checking on games? The mtbs3d database tried to do this sort of thing, but wound up rusting by lack of support. I've been in contact with a fellow from Germany who started a personal list for quality of game experience- but doesn't seem interested in the maintenance of it, just the creation of it. The real key here is the maintenance. [quote]If the poster doesn't register and upload them to the blog himself., what happens? Is there another place to safeguard the fix, in case his download link expires?[/quote] Not at present, only backup would be copies that people have downloaded. I've sent a PM to Zayou to ask. BTW: the Race to Sun wasn't on there before, I just added it based on this thread.
I like the idea of having a one-stop for looking into 3D games. It's not clear if HelixModBlog is exactly the right spot but I'm nearly certain that Helix himself would not mind if we add non-fixed games (like profile switches and 3D Vision Ready games) to the blog.

What do you all think? Is HelixModBlog your one-stop for checking on games?

The mtbs3d database tried to do this sort of thing, but wound up rusting by lack of support. I've been in contact with a fellow from Germany who started a personal list for quality of game experience- but doesn't seem interested in the maintenance of it, just the creation of it.

The real key here is the maintenance.

If the poster doesn't register and upload them to the blog himself., what happens? Is there another place to safeguard the fix, in case his download link expires?

Not at present, only backup would be copies that people have downloaded. I've sent a PM to Zayou to ask.

BTW: the Race to Sun wasn't on there before, I just added it based on this thread.

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
GTX 970 - GTX 760 Dedicated PhysX - i5-4670K@4.2GHz - 12GB RAM - Win7x64+evilKB2670838 - 4 Disk X25 RAID
Latest 3Dmigoto Release

Posted 03/25/2015 11:52 PM   
Doesn't seem like people care too much, but maybe as a specific suggestion, how about if we do this: [olist] [.] D-Man11 makes two blog post pages. a) A list of games for profile switch games b) A list of 3D Vision Ready games, no fix reqired.[/.] [.]DarkStarSword tweaks the GameList code to scan those pages to add game to GameList. a) With two new tags to indicate 'profile' or 'ready'. [/.] [.]D-Man11 maintains those pages as contact person for these. a) If D-Man11 is the author of the pages, he can edit them at his convenience.[/.] [/olist] This would allow us to include all the known good games in the list, without requiring new blog posts for each. This would present a bigger list, but be more complete and hopefully catch more people that don't use the forums. This addition would not impact the current 500 game max. What do you think?
Doesn't seem like people care too much, but maybe as a specific suggestion, how about if we do this:

1. D-Man11 makes two blog post pages.
    a) A list of games for profile switch games
    b) A list of 3D Vision Ready games, no fix reqired.
  2. DarkStarSword tweaks the GameList code to scan those pages to add game to GameList.
    a) With two new tags to indicate 'profile' or 'ready'.
  3. D-Man11 maintains those pages as contact person for these.
    a) If D-Man11 is the author of the pages, he can edit them at his convenience.

This would allow us to include all the known good games in the list, without requiring new blog posts for each.

This would present a bigger list, but be more complete and hopefully catch more people that don't use the forums. This addition would not impact the current 500 game max.

What do you think?

Latest 3Dmigoto Release

Posted 03/28/2015 03:14 AM   
I also PM'd zayou, prior to my above post and asked him to contact you or DarkStarSword about getting his fix on the Helixmodblogsite. I just don't want to see fixes or workarounds overlooked because of the less than stellar search function we have here. Some of the games I'm referring to are somewhat broken, but can be made to play in 3D. Like Jedi Academy, an old game but hey it's Star War's and has "light sabres". It plays good in 3D but has some letterbox thing that pops up occasionally that is used for "subtitles" if they are turned on, but still pops up with them off. Most of the time I'd rather play using partially broken 3D than 2D. I wouldn't call it "3D Vision Ready", or "no fix required" But I'm up for whatever.
I also PM'd zayou, prior to my above post and asked him to contact you or DarkStarSword about getting his fix on the Helixmodblogsite.

I just don't want to see fixes or workarounds overlooked because of the less than stellar search function we have here.

Some of the games I'm referring to are somewhat broken, but can be made to play in 3D.

Like Jedi Academy, an old game but hey it's Star War's and has "light sabres". It plays good in 3D but has some letterbox thing that pops up occasionally that is used for "subtitles" if they are turned on, but still pops up with them off. Most of the time I'd rather play using partially broken 3D than 2D.

I wouldn't call it "3D Vision Ready", or "no fix required"

But I'm up for whatever.

Posted 03/28/2015 04:28 AM   
We could put a link on the blog that would direct to a thread here. The thread could easily be edited and maintained. It would help to bring in more posters and lurkers and further build the ranks of the "community".
We could put a link on the blog that would direct to a thread here.

The thread could easily be edited and maintained.

It would help to bring in more posters and lurkers and further build the ranks of the "community".

Posted 03/28/2015 04:50 AM   
I like the idea of directing people here, but we may find after searching the blog for a game they want and not finding it, they'll give up before noticing the link.
I like the idea of directing people here, but we may find after searching the blog for a game they want and not finding it, they'll give up before noticing the link.

Posted 03/28/2015 05:10 AM   
[quote="bo3b"]Doesn't seem like people care too much, but maybe as a specific suggestion, how about if we do this: [olist] [.] D-Man11 makes two blog post pages. a) A list of games for profile switch games b) A list of 3D Vision Ready games, no fix reqired.[/.] [.]DarkStarSword tweaks the GameList code to scan those pages to add game to GameList. a) With two new tags to indicate 'profile' or 'ready'. [/.] [.]D-Man11 maintains those pages as contact person for these. a) If D-Man11 is the author of the pages, he can edit them at his convenience.[/.] [/olist] This would allow us to include all the known good games in the list, without requiring new blog posts for each.[/quote]I don't mind this idea, but I have some reservations about making the game list try to parse free-form HTML from javascript. I'd much rather the list be in a well defined structured format, like JSON. Potentially we could make the two pages you suggested also parse the same JSON list to ensure they are always consistent. Here's an RFC of a possible implementation (ignore the lack of a style sheet): http://darkstarsword.net/game_list.html That's basically the same code as on the blog, but it also fetches extra games from this list in machine readable JSON: http://darkstarsword.net/game_list_extra.json In a way I'd rather own (or at least be able to edit) any list that is being parsed by the game list - JSON is pretty sensitive to typos, and even while setting up that RFC I accidentally used a colon instead of a comma, which prevented the page from parsing anything on the list (and because javascript was so poorly designed, it didn't even bother raising an error in the console, let alone anything helpful to work out why it wasn't working. [quote="bo3b"]This addition would not impact the current 500 game max.[/quote]I resolved the 500 limit BTW - Google did fix their pagination API before they started enforcing that limit on maxResults so I've been able to implement that. The game list will now fetch up to 500 results at a time, but it will continue fetching more until it has all of them.
bo3b said:Doesn't seem like people care too much, but maybe as a specific suggestion, how about if we do this:

1. D-Man11 makes two blog post pages.
    a) A list of games for profile switch games
    b) A list of 3D Vision Ready games, no fix reqired.
  2. DarkStarSword tweaks the GameList code to scan those pages to add game to GameList.
    a) With two new tags to indicate 'profile' or 'ready'.
  3. D-Man11 maintains those pages as contact person for these.
    a) If D-Man11 is the author of the pages, he can edit them at his convenience.

This would allow us to include all the known good games in the list, without requiring new blog posts for each.
I don't mind this idea, but I have some reservations about making the game list try to parse free-form HTML from javascript. I'd much rather the list be in a well defined structured format, like JSON. Potentially we could make the two pages you suggested also parse the same JSON list to ensure they are always consistent.

Here's an RFC of a possible implementation (ignore the lack of a style sheet):
http://darkstarsword.net/game_list.html

That's basically the same code as on the blog, but it also fetches extra games from this list in machine readable JSON:
http://darkstarsword.net/game_list_extra.json

In a way I'd rather own (or at least be able to edit) any list that is being parsed by the game list - JSON is pretty sensitive to typos, and even while setting up that RFC I accidentally used a colon instead of a comma, which prevented the page from parsing anything on the list (and because javascript was so poorly designed, it didn't even bother raising an error in the console, let alone anything helpful to work out why it wasn't working.

bo3b said:This addition would not impact the current 500 game max.
I resolved the 500 limit BTW - Google did fix their pagination API before they started enforcing that limit on maxResults so I've been able to implement that. The game list will now fetch up to 500 results at a time, but it will continue fetching more until it has all of them.

Alienware M17x R4 w/ built in 3D, Intel i7 3740QM, GTX 680m 2GB, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, Win7 64bit, 1TB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750GB HDD
Pre-release 3D fixes, shadertool.py and other goodies: http://github.com/DarkStarSword/3d-fixes

Posted 03/28/2015 06:45 AM   
I'm less sure the forums are a good target for sending people. The search here is totally useless, and it's easy for threads to tail off into oblivion. We can't seem to get stickies for anything sensible, although if we could talk them into a sticky, that would be a very good spot. Here's another example of something that is lost to the forums, unless you know to look for it: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523535/thief-1-2-and-system-shock-2-perfect-3d-with-unofficial-patch-1-19/
I'm less sure the forums are a good target for sending people. The search here is totally useless, and it's easy for threads to tail off into oblivion. We can't seem to get stickies for anything sensible, although if we could talk them into a sticky, that would be a very good spot.

Here's another example of something that is lost to the forums, unless you know to look for it:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523535/thief-1-2-and-system-shock-2-perfect-3d-with-unofficial-patch-1-19/

Latest 3Dmigoto Release

Posted 03/28/2015 07:34 AM   
The RFC implementation is now live on the blog after adding a few more games from one of 3d4dd's old threads that I came across (and working out how to enable CORS). Feel free to give me the links to any others and I'll add them. I've also added a link to this thread on the list for people to find. This doesn't have to be a final implementation if people have feedback or feel that this is the wrong approach.
The RFC implementation is now live on the blog after adding a few more games from one of 3d4dd's old threads that I came across (and working out how to enable CORS). Feel free to give me the links to any others and I'll add them. I've also added a link to this thread on the list for people to find.

This doesn't have to be a final implementation if people have feedback or feel that this is the wrong approach.

Posted 04/15/2015 02:43 PM   
I had wondered if we could use the old wikispot page, but they are flipping the switch on it. http://helixmod.wikispot.org/Description The Tweak Guide link you put put up for American McGee's Alice is awesome, thanks. I tried to use verbiage in the thread topic that would hopefully make it show up in searches.
I had wondered if we could use the old wikispot page, but they are flipping the switch on it. http://helixmod.wikispot.org/Description

The Tweak Guide link you put put up for American McGee's Alice is awesome, thanks.

I tried to use verbiage in the thread topic that would hopefully make it show up in searches.

Posted 04/15/2015 07:01 PM   
I've added links to games fixed with Helifax' OpenGL wrapper - it seemed only fair since the list already includes 3DMigoto fixes and now tweak guides. [s]@Helifax Currently they just link to the top of OpenGL3DVisionGames.html - it would be great if you could add anchor tags so I can link directly to the relevant part of the page.[/s] Edit: Done
I've added links to games fixed with Helifax' OpenGL wrapper - it seemed only fair since the list already includes 3DMigoto fixes and now tweak guides.

@Helifax Currently they just link to the top of OpenGL3DVisionGames.html - it would be great if you could add anchor tags so I can link directly to the relevant part of the page. Edit: Done

Posted 04/16/2015 12:41 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top