[GTX 970] Low GPU usage and the game isnt smooth?
  4 / 4    
[quote="xXz21"]same problem with GTX960 SSC no psu problem no CPU problem. can play another games without problems with a 99% GPU usage and 90-95% CPU usage. with maxed settings. but rust or unity games give the low gpu usage problem and any of the ''solutions'' work.[/quote] Well by now I learned that the low gpu usage isn't really the problem as a game like CS isn't stressing out my entire 970, obviously, but what seems weird is that the gpu clocks at something like 1100 (+-100) instead of something with 1400 (+-100).
xXz21 said:same problem with GTX960 SSC no psu problem no CPU problem. can play another games without problems with a 99% GPU usage and 90-95% CPU usage. with maxed settings. but rust or unity games give the low gpu usage problem and any of the ''solutions'' work.

Well by now I learned that the low gpu usage isn't really the problem as a game like CS isn't stressing out my entire 970, obviously, but what seems weird is that the gpu clocks at something like 1100 (+-100) instead of something with 1400 (+-100).

Posted 04/28/2015 08:56 PM   
Just wondering, could a bad hdd cause such things? Cause I noticed it clearly reaches it's limit when listening to music and playing gta v lol, come textures just load too slow once I switch on music.
Just wondering, could a bad hdd cause such things? Cause I noticed it clearly reaches it's limit when listening to music and playing gta v lol, come textures just load too slow once I switch on music.

Posted 05/17/2015 10:27 PM   
it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad drive. Playing music that is actively streaming from the hdd reduces the thoroughput available to the game, if that game is actively streaming at the same time. Another factor is the CPU and other components. It's small, but it still requires CPU processing power and other bandwidth. On a "high end" machine, the hit is small/tiny, to the point, most wouldn't even notice or care (unless it's a really poor media player software). As you compare lower and lower end machines, the hit will grow. It won't be to the point where it'll cripple a casual gamer, but it highly likely any competitive gamer would even consider running anything, let alone music in the background. All that said, the only sure way to rule out an HDD, is to swap it out with a new drive, or something that was "confirmed" to be good.
it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad drive.

Playing music that is actively streaming from the hdd reduces the thoroughput available to the game, if that game is actively streaming at the same time.

Another factor is the CPU and other components. It's small, but it still requires CPU processing power and other bandwidth.

On a "high end" machine, the hit is small/tiny, to the point, most wouldn't even notice or care (unless it's a really poor media player software). As you compare lower and lower end machines, the hit will grow. It won't be to the point where it'll cripple a casual gamer, but it highly likely any competitive gamer would even consider running anything, let alone music in the background.

All that said, the only sure way to rule out an HDD, is to swap it out with a new drive, or something that was "confirmed" to be good.

X99-a/i7-5820k/RipJaw 32 GB/Titan X SLI + Strix 970/blah blah blah (dead? Not yet, but close)

x299 SLI PLUS, i9-7900x, 32 GB Trident RGB), 1080ti SC2 Hybrid

Posted 05/17/2015 10:40 PM   
Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas. The actual sad thing is that SO many people are having this issue (there's some 160+ pages big thread about it somewhere here) and nvidia hasn't said anything about it. Though that guy from the support is just a costumer support staff, after I was like "isn't it possible that it's an issue with maxwell in general? I mean so insanely many are having problems like me" and he responded "I can't confirm that many others are having the same issue".. ridiculous. If nothing magical happens my gtx 970 will go back to the shop I got it from and I'll get one of the next gen amd cards, I don't like being scammed in the first place, then not getting a compensation and then not even getting real help or aknowledgement for my and many other peoples problem with maxwell.
Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas.

The actual sad thing is that SO many people are having this issue (there's some 160+ pages big thread about it somewhere here) and nvidia hasn't said anything about it.
Though that guy from the support is just a costumer support staff, after I was like "isn't it possible that it's an issue with maxwell in general? I mean so insanely many are having problems like me" and he responded "I can't confirm that many others are having the same issue".. ridiculous.

If nothing magical happens my gtx 970 will go back to the shop I got it from and I'll get one of the next gen amd cards, I don't like being scammed in the first place, then not getting a compensation and then not even getting real help or aknowledgement for my and many other peoples problem with maxwell.

Posted 05/26/2015 04:56 PM   
[quote="vermillioNx"]Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas. The actual sad thing is that SO many people are having this issue (there's some 160+ pages big thread about it somewhere here) and nvidia hasn't said anything about it. Though that guy from the support is just a costumer support staff, after I was like "isn't it possible that it's an issue with maxwell in general? I mean so insanely many are having problems like me" and he responded "I can't confirm that many others are having the same issue".. ridiculous. If nothing magical happens my gtx 970 will go back to the shop I got it from and I'll get one of the next gen amd cards, I don't like being scammed in the first place, then not getting a compensation and then not even getting real help or aknowledgement for my and many other peoples problem with maxwell.[/quote] if you are able to get a R9 xxx you should try it and see if it helps.
vermillioNx said:Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas.

The actual sad thing is that SO many people are having this issue (there's some 160+ pages big thread about it somewhere here) and nvidia hasn't said anything about it.
Though that guy from the support is just a costumer support staff, after I was like "isn't it possible that it's an issue with maxwell in general? I mean so insanely many are having problems like me" and he responded "I can't confirm that many others are having the same issue".. ridiculous.

If nothing magical happens my gtx 970 will go back to the shop I got it from and I'll get one of the next gen amd cards, I don't like being scammed in the first place, then not getting a compensation and then not even getting real help or aknowledgement for my and many other peoples problem with maxwell.

if you are able to get a R9 xxx you should try it and see if it helps.

1 MSI 1080 ti
MSI pro carbon
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB DDR4 3200
Intel Core i7-6850K Haswell-E 6-Core
Samsung 840 pro OS
raided sandisks
Razor Sabertooth Xbox controller
OS Win 10 64bit

Posted 05/26/2015 05:03 PM   
[quote="chosin"][quote="vermillioNx"]Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas. The actual sad thing is that SO many people are having this issue (there's some 160+ pages big thread about it somewhere here) and nvidia hasn't said anything about it. Though that guy from the support is just a costumer support staff, after I was like "isn't it possible that it's an issue with maxwell in general? I mean so insanely many are having problems like me" and he responded "I can't confirm that many others are having the same issue".. ridiculous. If nothing magical happens my gtx 970 will go back to the shop I got it from and I'll get one of the next gen amd cards, I don't like being scammed in the first place, then not getting a compensation and then not even getting real help or aknowledgement for my and many other peoples problem with maxwell.[/quote] if you are able to get a R9 xxx you should try it and see if it helps. [/quote] No I am not, and I dont even need to considering even my old amd radeon hd 7770 performed better in cs go...
chosin said:
vermillioNx said:Alright, I kinda give up.. had a half hour chat to the costumer support, did everything I was told previously in offline tickets just as I was told, did everything the kind guy from the support chat told me as well and even he went out of ideas.

if you are able to get a R9 xxx you should try it and see if it helps.

No I am not, and I dont even need to considering even my old amd radeon hd 7770 performed better in cs go...

Posted 05/26/2015 05:37 PM   
Sorry for bumbing this after 2 years but im having exactly same issue with i7 7700 + gtx 1070 lol. My fps gets lower than 144 sometimes ( 144hz monitor so it bothers ) and my gpu usage never goes above 50% Any idea of a solution? I've tried everything...
Sorry for bumbing this after 2 years but im having exactly same issue with i7 7700 + gtx 1070 lol. My fps gets lower than 144 sometimes ( 144hz monitor so it bothers ) and my gpu usage never goes above 50% Any idea of a solution? I've tried everything...

Posted 12/02/2017 12:24 AM   
  4 / 4    
Scroll To Top