Control Panel forgets settings
I've got the 347.25 drivers installed and noticed that when I change any settings in the control panel it won't retain them. Something as simple as looking at something else in the control panel and then navigating back will show that whatever I set is now gone. An example: In the Global Settings tab of Manage 3D Settings, when I change Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration from the default of 'Multiple display performance mode' to 'Single display performance mode' and click Apply it appears to have saved the setting (though it takes a few moments to save it for some reason). If I then switch to Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX and then straight back to Manage 3D settings I can see that the setting has changed back to 'Multiple display performance mode'. I've also tried customising the settings for Rift, because it has quite a bit of flashing textures under SLI. I set SLI rendering mode to 'Singler GPU' but if I close the control panel and open it again the setting is back to the Global setting. Any ideas what I can do about these issues?
I've got the 347.25 drivers installed and noticed that when I change any settings in the control panel it won't retain them. Something as simple as looking at something else in the control panel and then navigating back will show that whatever I set is now gone.

An example:

In the Global Settings tab of Manage 3D Settings, when I change Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration from the default of 'Multiple display performance mode' to 'Single display performance mode' and click Apply it appears to have saved the setting (though it takes a few moments to save it for some reason).

If I then switch to Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX and then straight back to Manage 3D settings I can see that the setting has changed back to 'Multiple display performance mode'.

I've also tried customising the settings for Rift, because it has quite a bit of flashing textures under SLI. I set SLI rendering mode to 'Singler GPU' but if I close the control panel and open it again the setting is back to the Global setting.

Any ideas what I can do about these issues?

Posted 01/30/2015 10:31 AM   
c:\programdata\ find "nvidia corporation" right click > properties :> Security Tab Add "Everyone" and set Full Control. Delete any other user Apply to all folder and files inside
c:\programdata\

find "nvidia corporation"

right click > properties :> Security Tab

Add "Everyone" and set Full Control.
Delete any other user
Apply to all folder and files inside

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 01/31/2015 02:07 AM   
You are a saint! Now if only they'd fix the permissions in the software release...
You are a saint! Now if only they'd fix the permissions in the software release...

Posted 02/03/2015 09:16 AM   
I don't think it is caused by the software installer, it seems to be an unusual issue specific to particular users machines, I believe it mght be a glitch caused by some attempts to make a faiiled driver install work by forcing admin elevation on the installer at some point. It has never occured for me in any driver i have isntalled, though neither have the failed install issues.
I don't think it is caused by the software installer, it seems to be an unusual issue specific to particular users machines, I believe it mght be a glitch caused by some attempts to make a faiiled driver install work by forcing admin elevation on the installer at some point.

It has never occured for me in any driver i have isntalled, though neither have the failed install issues.

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP

Posted 02/04/2015 09:48 AM   
I've only ever run the installer as per usual and still got the access denied error.
I've only ever run the installer as per usual and still got the access denied error.

Windows 10 Home x64
16GB RAM
Asus X99-A
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition
1TB SSD

Posted 06/11/2015 01:39 AM   
the access denied issue is completely different to this one, it is caused by GFE or another nvidia process opening and not closing a file handle on the profile binary.
the access denied issue is completely different to this one, it is caused by GFE or another nvidia process opening and not closing a file handle on the profile binary.

Specs:

WIP:

Posted 06/11/2015 08:28 AM   
thx for info
thx for info

Posted 06/26/2015 10:54 AM   
Sorry, but this did not work for me... I have such problem since I updated the driver to version 341.44 some days ago. I verified each of the subfolders and files, and all of them have inherited the permission settings from the C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation folder. They are all set to Everyone (only) - Full Control - folder, all subfolders and files in the Security Tab and the Permissions Tab after clicking on the "Advanced" button. Besides, the folder as well as each subfolder and file in it has the "read only" unchecked at the General Tab. I have repeated this process several times, rebooted the computer, both with and without cleaning the registry by using CCleaner, did ScanDisk, uninstalled GeForce Experience, tried to run nvcplui.exe as administrator, but with no avail. There has to be other settings to be shifted. What about the Tabs in the Advanced settings (Auditory, Owner, Effective Permissions)? Besides, it happens that I have another folder in C:\ProgramData called just NVIDIA, with several user/group names in the Security tab (Everyone, PROPRIETARY CREATOR - or something like this, since my language is in Portuguese - SYSTEM, some kind of code such as S-1-6-526427-99378..., Administrators and Users, but I didn't alter it. Some other ideas? I've lost all my Sunday trying to solve this problem, and it is driving me nuts. Thanks in advance. P.S.: My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS in a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop PC (OK it's an old one but is working fine for me) with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.
Sorry, but this did not work for me...

I have such problem since I updated the driver to version 341.44 some days ago. I verified each of the subfolders and files, and all of them have inherited the permission settings from the C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation folder. They are all set to Everyone (only) - Full Control - folder, all subfolders and files in the Security Tab and the Permissions Tab after clicking on the "Advanced" button. Besides, the folder as well as each subfolder and file in it has the "read only" unchecked at the General Tab.

I have repeated this process several times, rebooted the computer, both with and without cleaning the registry by using CCleaner, did ScanDisk, uninstalled GeForce Experience, tried to run nvcplui.exe as administrator, but with no avail.

There has to be other settings to be shifted. What about the Tabs in the Advanced settings (Auditory, Owner, Effective Permissions)? Besides, it happens that I have another folder in C:\ProgramData called just NVIDIA, with several user/group names in the Security tab (Everyone, PROPRIETARY CREATOR - or something like this, since my language is in Portuguese - SYSTEM, some kind of code such as S-1-6-526427-99378..., Administrators and Users, but I didn't alter it.

Some other ideas? I've lost all my Sunday trying to solve this problem, and it is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS in a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop PC (OK it's an old one but is working fine for me) with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.

Posted 08/24/2015 12:13 AM   
Does not work for me - access is already for everyone at full control, and no other users. When I try to apply any settings, an access denied error pops up. Any solutions for that? New Lenovo Y50-70 with GTX 960m. Thanks
Does not work for me - access is already for everyone at full control, and no other users. When I try to apply any settings, an access denied error pops up. Any solutions for that?

New Lenovo Y50-70 with GTX 960m.

Thanks

Posted 01/08/2016 07:43 PM   
Bump
Bump

Posted 01/10/2016 09:27 PM   
Hi everyone! I really didn't think I was going to post an update here, with a SUCCESS testimony. Seriously, I was so impressed and happy and thankful that made me share here exactly how I proceeded to solve such an annoying issue. Here it is: After having done everything I described in my first post, I proceeded as it follows: First, I manually unistalled the graphic driver via install/uninstall programs on Windows control panel. Then I ran two registry cleaner softwares (CCleaner and MV Reg Clean 5.9) RIGHT AFTER the uninstall process BUT BEFORE restarting the computer (I strongly believe this was a decisive key step to the success in solving the issue). For some reason, after restarting the computer, the Windows automatically installed - even with the Windows Update feature totally off - the graphic driver version 340.52 plus the control panel, then restarted again. But, after this, I proceeded a clean instalation of the latest driver (341.95) exactly as explained on the website help page (including the "run as administrator" step), and everything went perfect! Curiously, the system did not ask to reboot after the instalation process was completed. I tested the control panel both before and after restarting the computer, and it saved all the settings perfectly in both cases. I would like to attach the log files that I sent to the NVIDIA driver feedback team, but I don't know if it is possible here. Anyway, I hope it helps. My best regards. P.S.: My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS in a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop PC (OK it's an old one but is working fine for me) with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.
Hi everyone!

I really didn't think I was going to post an update here, with a SUCCESS testimony. Seriously, I was so impressed and happy and thankful that made me share here exactly how I proceeded to solve such an annoying issue. Here it is:

After having done everything I described in my first post, I proceeded as it follows:

First, I manually unistalled the graphic driver via install/uninstall programs on Windows control panel. Then I ran two registry cleaner softwares (CCleaner and MV Reg Clean 5.9) RIGHT AFTER the uninstall process BUT BEFORE restarting the computer (I strongly believe this was a decisive key step to the success in solving the issue). For some reason, after restarting the computer, the Windows automatically installed - even with the Windows Update feature totally off - the graphic driver version 340.52 plus the control panel, then restarted again. But, after this, I proceeded a clean instalation of the latest driver (341.95) exactly as explained on the website help page (including the "run as administrator" step), and everything went perfect! Curiously, the system did not ask to reboot after the instalation process was completed. I tested the control panel both before and after restarting the computer, and it saved all the settings perfectly in both cases.

I would like to attach the log files that I sent to the NVIDIA driver feedback team, but I don't know if it is possible here. Anyway, I hope it helps.

My best regards.

P.S.: My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS in a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop PC (OK it's an old one but is working fine for me) with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits.

Posted 05/13/2016 01:17 AM   
Scroll To Top