MSi GTX 770 fan speed going up and down
  6 / 6    
Asus GTX780 and the same issue. Support can't help me. Month of chatting with them and no results. I have another card (but more slow) so I'm switchin on my 780 only for rendering videos. Windows 7 or 10, tons of older and newer drivers - no results.
Asus GTX780 and the same issue. Support can't help me. Month of chatting with them and no results. I have another card (but more slow) so I'm switchin on my 780 only for rendering videos. Windows 7 or 10, tons of older and newer drivers - no results.

Posted 11/15/2016 12:56 PM   
Hello! I have Asus GTX 750 2 GB and 5 days ago I started having problem described here. My fan randomly go to 0 RPM then skyrocket to 3-4k RPM every 20-30 seconds, sound of this is annoying as f* as you can all imagine. I tried everything i could find so far, from cleaning card to brand new state , removing and switching RAM modules to installing older Drivers , nothing helped problem is still here. So my only question is if this problem can be solved with rewiring fan (mine got only 1 on it) and similar hardware changes I personally don't wanna do, should I return my card and ask for new one/refund to retailer? My card is just 1 year old and I still have warranty on it? Should i do that or try to search for any other solution because if it's malfunction on fan chip as many peoples say here then that would be best solution right?
Hello!
I have Asus GTX 750 2 GB and 5 days ago I started having problem described here.

My fan randomly go to 0 RPM then skyrocket to 3-4k RPM every 20-30 seconds, sound of this is annoying as f* as you can all imagine.

I tried everything i could find so far, from cleaning card to brand new state , removing and switching RAM modules to installing older Drivers , nothing helped problem is still here.

So my only question is if this problem can be solved with rewiring fan (mine got only 1 on it) and similar hardware changes I personally don't wanna do, should I return my card and ask for new one/refund to retailer?

My card is just 1 year old and I still have warranty on it?
Should i do that or try to search for any other solution because if it's malfunction on fan chip as many peoples say here then that would be best solution right?

Posted 12/17/2016 08:28 PM   
hello every body, salam alaykom i have a GTX 760 leadtek OC, i3 4130 3.4 ghz, win 8.1 x64 and win 7 x64. with MSI Afterburner, the gpu worked great before, everything was alright, but few days after updating the gpu driver to the latest, and trying the msi afterburner overclock with UNIGINE, gpu fans started cycling and having crazy fan waves going from low RPM levels to max RPM even gpu temerature is under normal 23-24 degrees, with a supplementary chassis fan, this cycling doesn't exist on bios, and with new-installed-windows without gpu drivers at all, i think it s driver-related and fan-control-center(in the gpu)-related problem, to deal with the problem, win 7 was more responsive than 8.1, because i have the two on the same machine, and i tried both . in win 7 with afterburner second tab, i set fan control curves to ON, and i putted it like so: [color="green"]61 %[/color] from normal ([color="green"]25[/color] degrees) to [color="green"]70[/color] degrees, and then curve goes in a constant straight line to [color="orange"]100 %[/color] at [color="orange"]80[/color] degrees,it is a little bit loud, but it's less stressing to hear [color="green"]61 % fan RPM all the time[/color] , than hearing a [color="orange"]very annoying 0-100% repetitive cycle (every 5 s) all the time while gpu temp is under 25[/color] d. this worked for me for the 4th day now, i will update if there'll be news about. . hi, hope it workes with you.
hello every body, salam alaykom
i have a GTX 760 leadtek OC, i3 4130 3.4 ghz, win 8.1 x64 and win 7 x64. with MSI Afterburner, the gpu worked great before, everything was alright, but few days after updating the gpu driver to the latest, and trying the msi afterburner overclock with UNIGINE, gpu fans started cycling and having crazy fan waves going from low RPM levels to max RPM even gpu temerature is under normal 23-24 degrees, with a supplementary chassis fan, this cycling doesn't exist on bios, and with new-installed-windows without gpu drivers at all, i think it s driver-related and fan-control-center(in the gpu)-related problem, to deal with the problem, win 7 was more responsive than 8.1, because i have the two on the same machine, and i tried both .
in win 7 with afterburner second tab, i set fan control curves to ON, and i putted it like so:
61 % from normal (25 degrees) to 70 degrees, and then curve goes in a constant straight line to 100 % at 80 degrees,it is a little bit loud, but it's less stressing to hear 61 % fan RPM all the time , than hearing a very annoying 0-100% repetitive cycle (every 5 s) all the time while gpu temp is under 25 d. this worked for me for the 4th day now, i will update if there'll be news about.
hi, hope it workes with you.

Posted 01/07/2017 10:28 AM   
I replaced the fans in mine and it fixed the issue: I left the video card working even with the fan speed issue. After a year of working this way, one fan started doing odd noises when speeding too much, due to overwork. So I looked for a replacement fans on ebay, and did find the exact same model. I replaced them thinking that the problem would remain and just thinking on extending my cards life for some time. Now the problem of the speeed going up and down is gone, no unnecessary noise at all. That is my experience, I can not tell that will work for everyone. As I said on a previous post my card is a Zotac GTX 770 2GB. Hope it helps.
I replaced the fans in mine and it fixed the issue:

I left the video card working even with the fan speed issue. After a year of working this way, one fan started doing odd noises when speeding too much, due to overwork.
So I looked for a replacement fans on ebay, and did find the exact same model. I replaced them thinking that the problem would remain and just thinking on extending my cards life for some time.
Now the problem of the speeed going up and down is gone, no unnecessary noise at all.
That is my experience, I can not tell that will work for everyone.
As I said on a previous post my card is a Zotac GTX 770 2GB.
Hope it helps.

Posted 02/06/2017 09:52 AM   
Hello.. One more victim with this annoying problem here. I have a pair of Asus GTX 780ti. Only one of them have this behavior. Noticed a few things, after some months fighting this issue: - As stated by Valgreen, it can be a fan related problem. When the supposedly malfunctioning fan is spinning at marginal speeds (in my case, around 1000 rpm at idle), it have almost no torque. A slight rub on the blades and it turns off immediately. This starts the cycle, as the board detects zero rpm and commands it to max speed. The fan then starts spinning again. The fan on the other card have enough torque even at low speeds, I can't stop it just rubbing my finger on it. - The stop/skyrocket cycle is always started by a sudden increase in GPU core/memory clocks, when for a moment it changes from idle clocks to load clocks. - The idle rpm on the good board is rock solid at 1000, while on the defective it wanders from around 850 to 1100, all the time. Seems to me that a defective PWM controller board inside the fan is causing the low torque issue. When a clock spike happens, the sudden power requirement causes a small power drop on the fan, already at a critical rpm, and it turns off, starting the cycle. Just a theory, but it seems pretty logical to me. Adjusting the rpm curve to keep the fans minimal speed at around 1300 seems to help. It still oscillates when there's a clock change up, but usually keeps above the critical rpm. Not a solution, but it minimizes the problem.
Hello..

One more victim with this annoying problem here. I have a pair of Asus GTX 780ti. Only one of them have this behavior. Noticed a few things, after some months fighting this issue:

- As stated by Valgreen, it can be a fan related problem. When the supposedly malfunctioning fan is spinning at marginal speeds (in my case, around 1000 rpm at idle), it have almost no torque. A slight rub on the blades and it turns off immediately. This starts the cycle, as the board detects zero rpm and commands it to max speed. The fan then starts spinning again. The fan on the other card have enough torque even at low speeds, I can't stop it just rubbing my finger on it.

- The stop/skyrocket cycle is always started by a sudden increase in GPU core/memory clocks, when for a moment it changes from idle clocks to load clocks.

- The idle rpm on the good board is rock solid at 1000, while on the defective it wanders from around 850 to 1100, all the time.

Seems to me that a defective PWM controller board inside the fan is causing the low torque issue. When a clock spike happens, the sudden power requirement causes a small power drop on the fan, already at a critical rpm, and it turns off, starting the cycle.

Just a theory, but it seems pretty logical to me.

Adjusting the rpm curve to keep the fans minimal speed at around 1300 seems to help. It still oscillates when there's a clock change up, but usually keeps above the critical rpm. Not a solution, but it minimizes the problem.

Posted 05/02/2017 03:06 AM   
Hey, We are in 2017 and no one found a solution ? ... I have the same issue since one month now, i tried all your tips but nothing work, this noise...my head....help me
Hey,

We are in 2017 and no one found a solution ?

I have the same issue since one month now, i tried all your tips but nothing work, this noise...my head....help me

Posted 05/02/2017 04:05 PM   
Same problem. The card worked 2 years fine for me. When I reinstalled my Windows 2 weeks ago, I started having this issue. It's so annoying. The fans are only spinning so fast when the PC is idle. When I'm gaming the fans are quiet. When I uninstall the drivers the fans are also quiet. It starts as soon as Windows 10 is installing the drivers or I'm installing the Geforce Experience.
Same problem. The card worked 2 years fine for me. When I reinstalled my Windows 2 weeks ago, I started having this issue. It's so annoying.
The fans are only spinning so fast when the PC is idle. When I'm gaming the fans are quiet.
When I uninstall the drivers the fans are also quiet. It starts as soon as Windows 10 is installing the drivers or I'm installing the Geforce Experience.

Posted 05/04/2017 06:37 PM   
Hello, MSI GTX760 HAWK owner here. I struggled with the same problem for like a year. My card is 4 years old now. Recently I had a little time, so I ordered a pair of the same type of fans online. (Searched for PLD10010S12HH or PLD10010B12HH in my case.) I replaced the faulty fans with the new pair and it fixed the issue for me.
Hello,

MSI GTX760 HAWK owner here. I struggled with the same problem for like a year. My card is 4 years old now. Recently I had a little time, so I ordered a pair of the same type of fans online. (Searched for PLD10010S12HH or PLD10010B12HH in my case.) I replaced the faulty fans with the new pair and it fixed the issue for me.

Posted 07/06/2017 06:47 PM   
Like others I fixed this problem by buying a set of new fans and installing them on my Zotac GTX770 - I had to remove the cooling fins to access where the fan plugged into the board. Youtube had several videos going through the process. This completely fixed the issue. After leaving the card sit around over a year. I reread this forum and read that others had resolved the issue the same way - so I tried that as my old graphics card which i was using as an interim fix began to be causing blue screens periodically My card was out of warranty when the fan speed issue first happened. I bought a 85mm Video Card Dual-X Fan FD7010H12S off of ebay - same fan except it was black.
Like others I fixed this problem by buying a set of new fans and installing them on my Zotac GTX770 - I had to remove the cooling fins to access where the fan plugged into the board. Youtube had several videos going through the process. This completely fixed the issue. After leaving the card sit around over a year. I reread this forum and read that others had resolved the issue the same way - so I tried that as my old graphics card which i was using as an interim fix began to be causing blue screens periodically

My card was out of warranty when the fan speed issue first happened.

I bought a 85mm Video Card Dual-X Fan FD7010H12S off of ebay - same fan except it was black.

Posted 08/05/2017 05:06 AM   
I can confirm that. Swapped the fans between my two cards and the problem followed the defective fan. Bought a new one (only the one that was acting up, not the pair) and the problem went away.
I can confirm that. Swapped the fans between my two cards and the problem followed the defective fan. Bought a new one (only the one that was acting up, not the pair) and the problem went away.

Posted 08/15/2017 01:44 AM   
same problem here :( javascript:void();
same problem here :(
javascript:void();

Posted 12/02/2017 11:30 AM   
  6 / 6    
Scroll To Top