GTX 900M Overclocking with 347.09, 347.25
  17 / 23    
[quote="Sora"][quote="MarceloFS"]We on the mobile community DEMAND the overclock feature! I paid 2500 dollars for my notebook with a thick chassis and 2 gigantic fans just to overclock and game with your garbage mobile cards that dont overclock anymore. My max temperatures dont go over 70 so dont come here saying that notebooks cant handle the heat of your garbage cards!![/quote] what a waste of money on a laptop where you could have gotten a better performing desktop build for the same amount of money.[/quote] I decide what to do with my money! I want to be able to carry my system around
Sora said:
MarceloFS said:We on the mobile community DEMAND the overclock feature! I paid 2500 dollars for my notebook with a thick chassis and 2 gigantic fans just to overclock and game with your garbage mobile cards that dont overclock anymore. My max temperatures dont go over 70 so dont come here saying that notebooks cant handle the heat of your garbage cards!!

what a waste of money on a laptop where you could have gotten a better performing desktop build for the same amount of money.

I decide what to do with my money! I want to be able to carry my system around

Posted 02/19/2015 02:43 AM   
how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?
how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 02/19/2015 03:20 AM   
[quote="Sora"]how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?[/quote] You don't game on battery. Git outta here, Sora.
Sora said:how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?

You don't game on battery. Git outta here, Sora.

Posted 02/19/2015 03:27 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="MarceloFS"]We on the mobile community DEMAND the overclock feature! I paid 2500 dollars for my notebook with a thick chassis and 2 gigantic fans just to overclock and game with your garbage mobile cards that dont overclock anymore. My max temperatures dont go over 70 so dont come here saying that notebooks cant handle the heat of your garbage cards!![/quote] what a waste of money on a laptop where you could have gotten a better performing desktop build for the same amount of money.[/quote] Where are those Fire Strike benchmarks? Oh yeah, that's right, 900M cards affected by the clockblock are faster than your 680. What a waste of time crapping in this thread when there are so many others to troll.
Sora said:
MarceloFS said:We on the mobile community DEMAND the overclock feature! I paid 2500 dollars for my notebook with a thick chassis and 2 gigantic fans just to overclock and game with your garbage mobile cards that dont overclock anymore. My max temperatures dont go over 70 so dont come here saying that notebooks cant handle the heat of your garbage cards!!

what a waste of money on a laptop where you could have gotten a better performing desktop build for the same amount of money.

Where are those Fire Strike benchmarks? Oh yeah, that's right, 900M cards affected by the clockblock are faster than your 680.

What a waste of time crapping in this thread when there are so many others to troll.

Posted 02/19/2015 03:29 AM   
[quote="octiceps"][quote="Sora"]how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?[/quote] You don't game on battery. Git outta here, Sora.[/quote] actually, quite a number of people do game on unplugged laptops.
octiceps said:

actually, quite a number of people do game on unplugged laptops.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 02/19/2015 03:41 AM   
[quote="Sora"]how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?[/quote] About 2 hours depending on the game. But i dont game very often on battery

About 2 hours depending on the game. But i dont game very often on battery

Posted 02/19/2015 03:51 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="octiceps"][quote="Sora"]how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?[/quote] You don't game on battery. Git outta here, Sora.[/quote] actually, quite a number of people do game on unplugged laptops.[/quote] And quite a number of laptops throttle GPU to 135 MHz on battery. What would you know about gaming notebooks?
Sora said:
octiceps said:

actually, quite a number of people do game on unplugged laptops.

And quite a number of laptops throttle GPU to 135 MHz on battery. What would you know about gaming notebooks?

Posted 02/19/2015 04:03 AM   
[quote="Sora"][quote="MarceloFS"]We on the mobile community DEMAND the overclock feature! I paid 2500 dollars for my notebook with a thick chassis and 2 gigantic fans just to overclock and game with your garbage mobile cards that dont overclock anymore. My max temperatures dont go over 70 so dont come here saying that notebooks cant handle the heat of your garbage cards!![/quote] what a waste of money on a laptop where you could have gotten a better performing desktop build for the same amount of money.[/quote] Congratulations you contributed nothing but demonstrate your a bigoted negative person who feels superior to judge how others spend their money and time. Good for you, give yourself a pat on your back, you succeeded, we all know you're a troll.
Sora said:

Congratulations you contributed nothing but demonstrate your a bigoted negative person who feels superior to judge how others spend their money and time. Good for you, give yourself a pat on your back, you succeeded, we all know you're a troll.

Clevo P770ZM 4790K 980M w/8gb 512gb M600 M.2 256gb ADATA Pro 1TB 72K 16gb

Posted 02/19/2015 12:47 PM   
[quote="Sora"]how much gaming can you actually do on it before the battery dies?[/quote] Do you even read what you post? You game seriously plugged in with the option of light gaming on battery, but that's not even the point here. Stop spamming the thread with nonsense posts.

Do you even read what you post? You game seriously plugged in with the option of light gaming on battery, but that's not even the point here. Stop spamming the thread with nonsense posts.

Posted 02/19/2015 12:54 PM   
As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC. We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance. Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking. Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks. If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to [url=http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79893]344.75.[/url]
As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC.

We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance.

Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking.

Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks.

If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to 344.75.

Posted 02/19/2015 04:30 PM   
Thanks a lot, happy to see that you care about your customers!
Thanks a lot, happy to see that you care about your customers!

Posted 02/19/2015 05:16 PM   
[quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC. We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance. Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking. Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks. If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to [url=http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79893]344.75.[/url][/quote] And we can trust that there will be no going back on this, right? Forgive my hesitation at this joyous news, but you're the same person who redacted the statement about the 970's memory being helped by driver updates. I just want some solid confirmation as it's been a solid week and numerous articles since we heard anything from nVidia at all on the subject.
PeterS@NVIDIA said:As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC.

We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance.

Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks.

If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to 344.75.

And we can trust that there will be no going back on this, right? Forgive my hesitation at this joyous news, but you're the same person who redacted the statement about the 970's memory being helped by driver updates. I just want some solid confirmation as it's been a solid week and numerous articles since we heard anything from nVidia at all on the subject.

Clevo P870DM3:
i7-7700K | 32GB DDR4 3000MHz | GTX 1080N SLI | 256GB 850 Pro | 500GB 850 EVO | 512GB Crucial M4 | 256GB PM961 | Intel 8265ac | 120Hz Matte IPS

Posted 02/19/2015 05:17 PM   
[quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC. We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance. Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking. Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks. If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to [url=http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79893]344.75.[/url][/quote] Is this for real or just trolling? If this is true, I'll begin searching right away to update my actual lappy (MSI GT60 2OD) from my 780m/4Gb to a 980m/8gb :)
PeterS@NVIDIA said:As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC.

Is this for real or just trolling? If this is true, I'll begin searching right away to update my actual lappy (MSI GT60 2OD) from my 780m/4Gb to a 980m/8gb :)

MSI GT60 2OD

CPU: i7-4700MQ @3.3GHz
RAM: 16Gb (8x2)
GPU: GTX 980m 8Gb DDR5
HDD: 128mSATA SSD + 1Tb 7200rpm + 2Tb 5400rpm

Posted 02/19/2015 05:17 PM   
[quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC. We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance. Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking. Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks. If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to [url=http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79893]344.75.[/url][/quote] Thanks for this, you don't know how happy this will make everyone. Extremely happy, that's what! Just please don't pull a 180 on this in the future.

Thanks for this, you don't know how happy this will make everyone. Extremely happy, that's what! Just please don't pull a 180 on this in the future.

Posted 02/19/2015 05:22 PM   
[quote="PeterS@NVIDIA"]As you know, we are constantly tuning and optimizing the performance of your GeForce PC. We obsess over every possible optimization so that you can enjoy a perfectly stable machine that balances game, thermal, power, and acoustic performance. Still, many of you enjoy pushing the system even further with overclocking. Our recent driver update disabled overclocking on some GTX notebooks. We heard from many of you that you would like this feature enabled again. So, we will again be enabling overclocking in our upcoming driver release next month for those affected notebooks. If you are eager to regain this capability right away, you can also revert back to [url=http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/79893]344.75.[/url][/quote] Please make sure your executive decision-makers know how sincerely this is appreciated. Leaving the choice to overclock or not with end users is the right business decision and I am elated that their position was reversed based on end user feedback. If I could give rep points in your forum I would give you a million rep points right now.

Please make sure your executive decision-makers know how sincerely this is appreciated. Leaving the choice to overclock or not with end users is the right business decision and I am elated that their position was reversed based on end user feedback. If I could give rep points in your forum I would give you a million rep points right now.

HIDevolution EVOC P870DM3 | 7700K | GTX 1080 SLI | 1440p 120Hz | 64GB DDR4-3333 | 780W AC Adapter
EUROCOM Tornado F5 | 7700K | GTX 1080 | 1080p 120Hz |32GB DDR4-3000 | 330W AC Adapter

Posted 02/19/2015 05:41 PM   
  17 / 23    
Scroll To Top