GTX 900M Overclocking with 347.09, 347.25
  3 / 23    
I would not care - if he cared to respond to this thread ;-) But he does not seem to anyhow. Best regards phila
I would not care - if he cared to respond to this thread ;-)

But he does not seem to anyhow.

Best regards

phila

i7-4710HQ / GTX980m / 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM / 2x128GB SSD Raid 0 + 1000GB MX200 / Roccat Kone XTD / Roccat Hiro / Roccat Kave 5.1

Posted 02/07/2015 08:30 PM   
They fired ManuelG after the good man leaked the truth about Nvidia. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0
They fired ManuelG after the good man leaked the truth about Nvidia. ;)

Posted 02/08/2015 03:34 AM   
Oh my! I had to laugh so hard... Anyhow. I`d really like to know about the driver issues. Best regards phila
Oh my! I had to laugh so hard...

Anyhow. I`d really like to know about the driver issues.

Best regards

phila

i7-4710HQ / GTX980m / 16GB 1600 DDR3 RAM / 2x128GB SSD Raid 0 + 1000GB MX200 / Roccat Kone XTD / Roccat Hiro / Roccat Kave 5.1

Posted 02/08/2015 09:00 PM   
[quote="octiceps"]They fired ManuelG after the good man leaked the truth about Nvidia. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0[/quote] LOL, that was hilarious. Had to watch it 3 times xD
octiceps said:They fired ManuelG after the good man leaked the truth about Nvidia. ;)

LOL, that was hilarious. Had to watch it 3 times xD

Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Posted 02/09/2015 06:39 PM   
O.k. Back to topic please: There is a new driver out... Did it bring any changes concearning OC? Best regards phila
O.k. Back to topic please:

There is a new driver out...

Did it bring any changes concearning OC?

Best regards

phila

Posted 02/10/2015 12:27 PM   
Still no overclock :/
Still no overclock :/

Posted 02/10/2015 12:43 PM   
I confirm, I have the same problem wih my 970m, and the new driver didn't fix anything !
I confirm, I have the same problem wih my 970m, and the new driver didn't fix anything !

Posted 02/10/2015 02:32 PM   
So still no overclock and no response from ManuelG either.
So still no overclock and no response from ManuelG either.

Posted 02/10/2015 04:12 PM   
Other people are experiencing the same problem, here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810050/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-347-52-whql-driver-feedback-thread/1/ Hope we get a reply from nvidia officials someday...
Other people are experiencing the same problem, here:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/810050/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-347-52-whql-driver-feedback-thread/1/

Hope we get a reply from nvidia officials someday...

Posted 02/10/2015 04:28 PM   
ManuelG responded in a PM today saying that they "are still looking into this." Hope we get some info soon. Looking into this for three iterations of the driver now... Hope it won`t take another 3 month until we can use OC again. I am not keen on buying notebooks with AMD cards in the future. But I sure dislike having crappy driver support on an 1000$ mobile GPU I just bought. Come one nVidia. Best regards phila
ManuelG responded in a PM today saying that they "are still looking into this."

Hope we get some info soon.

Looking into this for three iterations of the driver now...

Hope it won`t take another 3 month until we can use OC again.

I am not keen on buying notebooks with AMD cards in the future.

But I sure dislike having crappy driver support on an 1000$ mobile GPU I just bought.

Come one nVidia.

Best regards

phila

Posted 02/10/2015 06:32 PM   
I just PMed NVGareth, hoping to have a little more info on the issue. I will keep you updated!
I just PMed NVGareth, hoping to have a little more info on the issue. I will keep you updated!

Posted 02/10/2015 08:55 PM   
Unfortunately GeForce notebooks were not designed to support overclocking. Overclocking is by no means a trivial feature, and depends on thoughtful design of thermal, electrical, and other considerations. By overclocking a notebook, a user risks serious damage to the system that could result in non-functional systems, reduced notebook life, or many other effects. There was a bug introduced into our drivers which enabled some systems to overclock. This was fixed in a recent update. Our intent was not to remove features from GeForce notebooks, but rather to safeguard systems from operating outside design limits.
Unfortunately GeForce notebooks were not designed to support overclocking. Overclocking is by no means a trivial feature, and depends on thoughtful design of thermal, electrical, and other considerations. By overclocking a notebook, a user risks serious damage to the system that could result in non-functional systems, reduced notebook life, or many other effects.

There was a bug introduced into our drivers which enabled some systems to overclock. This was fixed in a recent update. Our intent was not to remove features from GeForce notebooks, but rather to safeguard systems from operating outside design limits.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/11/2015 07:33 PM   
Why don't you let the users decide by themselves if they want to overclock or not? Recent laptops equipped with 9xxM have excellent thermal patterns, so no. Just, no. It wasn't your intent to remove features, but that's what your clearly did. It wasn't either your intent to have a crappy memory in the GTX 970, I guess. You lost a customer, and I'm clearly not the only one.
Why don't you let the users decide by themselves if they want to overclock or not?

Recent laptops equipped with 9xxM have excellent thermal patterns, so no. Just, no.

It wasn't your intent to remove features, but that's what your clearly did. It wasn't either your intent to have a crappy memory in the GTX 970, I guess.

You lost a customer, and I'm clearly not the only one.

Posted 02/11/2015 07:50 PM   
This is just outrageous behaviour. Not even a word that this was 'by design' following months of complaints. I have just ordered an Sli 980m enthusiast machine. Now I find you blocked overclocking deliberately. I am so mad I cannot even comment any more without resorting to bad language. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE. UNACCEPTABLE.
This is just outrageous behaviour. Not even a word that this was 'by design' following months of complaints.

I have just ordered an Sli 980m enthusiast machine. Now I find you blocked overclocking deliberately. I am so mad I cannot even comment any more without resorting to bad language.

UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.
UNACCEPTABLE.

Eurocom X8 (P377SM-A) | 4940MX |GTX 980m x 2 Sli | 512gb SSD/1tb HD | 16gb 1866RAM | 120hz panel (glossy)| Win 10 Pro

M17x-R4 | GTX 680M | 250gb SSD/1Tb HD | 120 Hz 3d Vision | Killer Wireless-N 1103 | Win 10 Pro

Posted 02/11/2015 08:15 PM   
I have a notebook with a desktop processor. I'm having no issues and I have a 980M I just got. Overclocked, I am getting 9503 on firestrike. Not overclocked, I'm getting 8470. That's a pretty decent difference. My gpu temps don't go past 80c and my processor doesn't go past 60c..... There should at least be an exception to hybrids like mine. Otherwise, I guess this is the last driver I'm going to be updating to :P I didn't pay all that money just to be restricted. Ya'll wanna gimp, then how about lowering that price.
I have a notebook with a desktop processor. I'm having no issues and I have a 980M I just got. Overclocked, I am getting 9503 on firestrike. Not overclocked, I'm getting 8470. That's a pretty decent difference. My gpu temps don't go past 80c and my processor doesn't go past 60c.....
There should at least be an exception to hybrids like mine. Otherwise, I guess this is the last driver I'm going to be updating to :P
I didn't pay all that money just to be restricted. Ya'll wanna gimp, then how about lowering that price.

Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Posted 02/11/2015 08:30 PM   
  3 / 23    
Scroll To Top