GTX 970 3.5GB Vram Issue
  168 / 438    
Panic sale, much like NVidia stocks in the coming days!
Panic sale, much like NVidia stocks in the coming days!

System Specs:

- Asrock Z97 Extreme4
- 4790K@4.8GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 280L
- 2x4GB GSkill TridentX 2600/CL10
- 2xEVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 SLi
- Crucial M4 250GB/Crucial MX100 250GB
- BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 1000W
- Phantek Enthoo Luxe
- Samsung UHD U28D590DS

Posted 01/28/2015 01:59 AM   
[quote="Shrekeh"]Nvidia mods,why are legitimate posts being deleted? I've just seen a whole page disappear.[/quote] I don't understand this either. And to top it off, I never cried ONE single time about this whole issue...defending my position that I have no stutters in any game and that has let other people to call me a troll or whatever and I had at least 3 of my post deleted. It's like moderators doesn't even look what's posted they just blindly deleted full pages at a time. Mods? Are you suffering from panic attack or what? What's wrong with your brain? Damn, I never talked bad about my 970 yet you nuke entire pages including my post not bashing NV. I don't understand anymore, it's like there is a panick attack in the house and everyone is running after their tails.
Shrekeh said:Nvidia mods,why are legitimate posts being deleted? I've just seen a whole page disappear.

I don't understand this either. And to top it off, I never cried ONE single time about this whole issue...defending my position that I have no stutters in any game and that has let other people to call me a troll or whatever and I had at least 3 of my post deleted. It's like moderators doesn't even look what's posted they just blindly deleted full pages at a time.

Mods? Are you suffering from panic attack or what? What's wrong with your brain? Damn, I never talked bad about my 970 yet you nuke entire pages including my post not bashing NV. I don't understand anymore, it's like there is a panick attack in the house and everyone is running after their tails.

F8&bthere

Posted 01/28/2015 02:08 AM   
"I never talked bad about my 970 yet you nuke entire pages including my post not bashing NV" maybe because that is not true, i think most of the consumers not happy is Nvidia are done the wrong and keep silent for long time then come out to said is marketing department mistake. for me that is bullshit, such huge company internal have no communication??! if done wrong then make it right or fix, still need talk so many. keep silent is the way to fix it.
"I never talked bad about my 970 yet you nuke entire pages including my post not bashing NV" maybe because that is not true, i think most of the consumers not happy is Nvidia are done the wrong and keep silent for long time then come out to said is marketing department mistake.

for me that is bullshit, such huge company internal have no communication??!

if done wrong then make it right or fix, still need talk so many. keep silent is the way to fix it.

Intel i7 930, MSI (MS-7522) X58A-GD65 ver. 4.11, 4GBx6 Winova DDR3 1600, Transcend 512GB SSD, Gigabyte GTX970 GI Gaming (Rev. 1.1) 350.12 WHQL, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Windows 7 64bit SP1, Dell 2405FPW 24" 1920x1200 LCD

NVIDIA's GTX 970 slows down when using more than 3.5GB VRAM
NVIDIA's GTX 970 can only use 3.5GB of 4GB VRAM
NVIDIA has no plans to address GTX 970 memory woes

My Gallery
https://fotki.yandex.ru/users/johnnywcw/

Posted 01/28/2015 02:19 AM   
This made me laugh so hard :) [img]http://i.imgur.com/dn84kcY.png[/img] That's what happens when you do not respect your customers.
This made me laugh so hard :)

That's what happens when you do not respect your customers.

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
Core i5 2500K
MSI Z77A-G45
8GB DDR3
Windows 10 x64

Posted 01/28/2015 02:30 AM   
Good to see Nvidia is silencing people who are speaking out against them, history has proven thats always the right way to go about it. Instead of silencing their disgruntled customers, how about they open a conversation with them? That could go a long way with coming to a solution with the issue, but no one will probably read this cause they'll delete it.
Good to see Nvidia is silencing people who are speaking out against them, history has proven thats always the right way to go about it. Instead of silencing their disgruntled customers, how about they open a conversation with them? That could go a long way with coming to a solution with the issue, but no one will probably read this cause they'll delete it.
Posted 01/28/2015 02:41 AM   
[quote="Oomek"]This made me laugh so hard :) That's what happens when you do not respect your customers. p.s. Keep deleting, i'll keep posting :)[/quote] you are a FUCKING IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! [i]This comment was nuked by Amorphous@NVIDIA at 07/22/15 1:53 AM GMT[/i]

This Comment Has Been Nuked

Posted 01/28/2015 02:47 AM   
The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change. I wanted to get one while they were in stock. I've seen nothing but praise for it, some of it deserved. My Valley Benchmark score was through the roof. Shadow of Morder runs like a champ. But my older, more specifically DirectX 9 games, and even a couple of DirectX 8 games, have severe stuttering and low fps issues. I have made profiles for these games and set to high performance. I've been doing that since the nvidia drivers introduced that feature. I have tried HPET tweaks, C-State on/off, speedstep, underclocking, bios mod, blah blah blah I've tried everything. I didn't buy this card to benchmark and only play new games from mid 2014 and newer. I bought this card to play ALL of my games. So far it has failed miserably. I strongly believe that to be a driver issue since according to newer games and benchmarks my card is working as intended. Add to that the potential crippling 3.5GB limit threshold that I haven't crossed yet in future games, and you can see why I don't want this card anymore. I am REALLY and GENUINELY willing to trade my card for a downgrade like a GTX 770 (which is still an upgrade than my previous GTX 660). PM if anyone wants to seriously make something happen. I'm certain many others feel the same way about this. I hope this can reduce some of the animosity around here.
The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change.

I wanted to get one while they were in stock. I've seen nothing but praise for it, some of it deserved. My Valley Benchmark score was through the roof. Shadow of Morder runs like a champ.

But my older, more specifically DirectX 9 games, and even a couple of DirectX 8 games, have severe stuttering and low fps issues. I have made profiles for these games and set to high performance. I've been doing that since the nvidia drivers introduced that feature. I have tried HPET tweaks, C-State on/off, speedstep, underclocking, bios mod, blah blah blah I've tried everything.

I didn't buy this card to benchmark and only play new games from mid 2014 and newer. I bought this card to play ALL of my games. So far it has failed miserably. I strongly believe that to be a driver issue since according to newer games and benchmarks my card is working as intended.

Add to that the potential crippling 3.5GB limit threshold that I haven't crossed yet in future games, and you can see why I don't want this card anymore. I am REALLY and GENUINELY willing to trade my card for a downgrade like a GTX 770 (which is still an upgrade than my previous GTX 660). PM if anyone wants to seriously make something happen.

I'm certain many others feel the same way about this. I hope this can reduce some of the animosity around here.

CPU: Intel i5-3570k @ stock
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0
RAM: 8GB DDR3
DAC: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium (PCIe)
PSU: Corsair 750w
O/S: Windows 7 64-bit

Posted 01/28/2015 02:57 AM   
i hope they dont forget to fix the GPU usage issue as well
i hope they dont forget to fix the GPU usage issue as well
Posted 01/28/2015 02:59 AM   
[quote="crippknottick"]The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change.[/quote] This card should be rebranded as EVGA GTX 970 WTF
crippknottick said:The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change.

This card should be rebranded as EVGA GTX 970 WTF

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
Core i5 2500K
MSI Z77A-G45
8GB DDR3
Windows 10 x64

Posted 01/28/2015 02:59 AM   
Everyone should go to NewEgg, Amazon and other retailers and post 1 star review on all of the 970 cards. This will help prevent others from making the same mistake in purchasing this junk card. NVIDIA can't delete reviews on vendor sites, like they are smugly doing here.
Everyone should go to NewEgg, Amazon and other retailers and post 1 star review on all of the 970 cards. This will help prevent others from making the same mistake in purchasing this junk card.

NVIDIA can't delete reviews on vendor sites, like they are smugly doing here.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 970 (Apparently not really 4GB)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident X
Monitor: BenQ 32" BL3200PT 2560x1440

Posted 01/28/2015 03:01 AM   
i came here because sleeping dogs says i have only 3Gigs of RAM with my GTX970. does it have something to do with the issue discussed in this thread?
i came here because sleeping dogs says i have only 3Gigs of RAM with my GTX970.
does it have something to do with the issue discussed in this thread?

Posted 01/28/2015 03:03 AM   
[quote="Zynn"] Everyone should go to NewEgg, Amazon and other retailers and post 1 star review on all of the 970 cards. This will help prevent others from making the same mistake in purchasing this junk card. NVIDIA can't delete reviews on vendor sites, like they are smugly doing here.[/quote] Good point my friend, lets do it.
Zynn said:
Everyone should go to NewEgg, Amazon and other retailers and post 1 star review on all of the 970 cards. This will help prevent others from making the same mistake in purchasing this junk card.

NVIDIA can't delete reviews on vendor sites, like they are smugly doing here.

Good point my friend, lets do it.

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
Core i5 2500K
MSI Z77A-G45
8GB DDR3
Windows 10 x64

Posted 01/28/2015 03:03 AM   
I've replaced my good old 580 with 970 last month. I've been pretty satisfied with the upgrade so far. That being said, I must admit I am appalled with the fact that Nvidia waited for so long to finally disclose the peculiarity of the 970 architecture. I am also not happy with the way they are handling this situation ATM. I am saying all this as someone who has been exclusively using Nvidia GFX cards in my desktop machines since GeForce2 MX400 (from 2001). Now, the sad thing is, even that I would like to punish Nvidia and pick an alternative product from the competitor company I am not going to do it, since I still remember the pile of issues I had with their gfx card on my old laptop...
I've replaced my good old 580 with 970 last month. I've been pretty satisfied with the upgrade so far. That being said, I must admit I am appalled with the fact that Nvidia waited for so long to finally disclose the peculiarity of the 970 architecture. I am also not happy with the way they are handling this situation ATM. I am saying all this as someone who has been exclusively using Nvidia GFX cards in my desktop machines since GeForce2 MX400 (from 2001).

Now, the sad thing is, even that I would like to punish Nvidia and pick an alternative product from the competitor company I am not going to do it, since I still remember the pile of issues I had with their gfx card on my old laptop...

Posted 01/28/2015 03:06 AM   
My shit disappeared. WTF nvidia. Now instead of trading my 970 for a 770 I'm gonna trade it for a fucking X1650 Pro 512MB! PS - Fuck you nvidia! [i]This comment was nuked by Amorphous@NVIDIA at 07/22/15 1:38 AM GMT[/i]

This Comment Has Been Nuked

Posted 01/28/2015 03:07 AM   
Just in case nobody got a chance to read it I'm posting it again. At this point I'm willing to get banned. What I posted was heartfelt and should not have been deleted. Again, [i]The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change. I wanted to get one while they were in stock. I've seen nothing but praise for it, some of it deserved. My Valley Benchmark score was through the roof. Shadow of Morder runs like a champ. But my older, more specifically DirectX 9 games, and even a couple of DirectX 8 games, have severe stuttering and low fps issues. I have made profiles for these games and set to high performance. I've been doing that since the nvidia drivers introduced that feature. I have tried HPET tweaks, C-State on/off, speedstep, underclocking, bios mod, blah blah blah I've tried everything. I didn't buy this card to benchmark and only play new games from mid 2014 and newer. I bought this card to play ALL of my games. So far it has failed miserably. I strongly believe that to be a driver issue since according to newer games and benchmarks my card is working as intended. Add to that the potential crippling 3.5GB limit threshold that I haven't crossed yet in future games, and you can see why I don't want this card anymore. I am REALLY and GENUINELY willing to trade my card for a downgrade like a GTX 770 (which is still an upgrade than my previous GTX 660). PM if anyone wants to seriously make something happen. I'm certain many others feel the same way about this. I hope this can reduce some of the animosity around here.[/i]
Just in case nobody got a chance to read it I'm posting it again. At this point I'm willing to get banned. What I posted was heartfelt and should not have been deleted.

Again,

The stock graphs have pretty much convinced me to change to team red. I of course cannot afford to do so atm because I effin financed this GPU. Yes, this $379.99 EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 will actually cost me $492 and some change.

I wanted to get one while they were in stock. I've seen nothing but praise for it, some of it deserved. My Valley Benchmark score was through the roof. Shadow of Morder runs like a champ.

But my older, more specifically DirectX 9 games, and even a couple of DirectX 8 games, have severe stuttering and low fps issues. I have made profiles for these games and set to high performance. I've been doing that since the nvidia drivers introduced that feature. I have tried HPET tweaks, C-State on/off, speedstep, underclocking, bios mod, blah blah blah I've tried everything.

I didn't buy this card to benchmark and only play new games from mid 2014 and newer. I bought this card to play ALL of my games. So far it has failed miserably. I strongly believe that to be a driver issue since according to newer games and benchmarks my card is working as intended.

Add to that the potential crippling 3.5GB limit threshold that I haven't crossed yet in future games, and you can see why I don't want this card anymore. I am REALLY and GENUINELY willing to trade my card for a downgrade like a GTX 770 (which is still an upgrade than my previous GTX 660). PM if anyone wants to seriously make something happen.

I'm certain many others feel the same way about this. I hope this can reduce some of the animosity around here.

Posted 01/28/2015 03:14 AM   
  168 / 438    
Scroll To Top