5.0 LTE Radio Never Turns off
Not sure if it's a shield issue or lollipop issue, but with the LTE model (and no sim inside). The cellular radio never turns off. Meaning standby drain and overall power usage are up. Can this be fixed, because it's putting a noticable dent in the daily battey life of my tablet.
Not sure if it's a shield issue or lollipop issue, but with the LTE model (and no sim inside). The cellular radio never turns off. Meaning standby drain and overall power usage are up. Can this be fixed, because it's putting a noticable dent in the daily battey life of my tablet.

Posted 12/07/2014 06:07 PM   
I believe Airplane mode with wifi on should stop this - but i could be wrong.
I believe Airplane mode with wifi on should stop this - but i could be wrong.

Posted 12/07/2014 06:30 PM   
[quote="Norik"]I believe Airplane mode with wifi on should stop this - but i could be wrong.[/quote] yep, pretty much what I do, when not using mobile data. flight mode, with wifi on!
Norik said:I believe Airplane mode with wifi on should stop this - but i could be wrong.

yep, pretty much what I do, when not using mobile data. flight mode, with wifi on!

TITAN X Tri-SLI | Asus Rampage V Extreme| Intel Core i7 5960X 16gb | G.skill 3200mhz| Asus Xonar Essence STX II ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q GSYNC x 2 | Windows 8.1 | Asus RT-AC87U/RT-AC3200 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma| Razer Ouroboros | Samsung 850 PRO 1TB | | Shield Tablet LTE | Shield Pro

Posted 12/07/2014 07:11 PM   
I wish I could say this works, but when I enable airplane mode and turn on wifi it refuses to connect. Disabling airplane mode fixes the issue. This happens on all of my devices, so it's probably a network issue.
I wish I could say this works, but when I enable airplane mode and turn on wifi it refuses to connect. Disabling airplane mode fixes the issue. This happens on all of my devices, so it's probably a network issue.

Posted 12/07/2014 07:38 PM   
Works fine airplane mode and wifi for me
Works fine airplane mode and wifi for me

Posted 12/07/2014 08:14 PM   
I ended up taking the Sim card out of mine because I'm not using it with a network. Unfortunately this disabled the ability to trigger airplane mode or disable easily the radio since it disables cellular features but without disabling the cellular radio. I ended up having to install this app to access the hidden menu to access the *#*#46364#*#* menu so I could disable the radio there. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.freespirit.hms&hl=en
I ended up taking the Sim card out of mine because I'm not using it with a network. Unfortunately this disabled the ability to trigger airplane mode or disable easily the radio since it disables cellular features but without disabling the cellular radio.

I ended up having to install this app to access the hidden menu to access the *#*#46364#*#* menu so I could disable the radio there.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.freespirit.hms&hl=en

Please note, all my advice assumes you'll use logic and think things through yourself. Lack of such actions are your own fault.

Posted 12/10/2014 06:23 AM   
=0 sweet u found a way to turn off without air plane mode
=0 sweet u found a way to turn off without air plane mode

Posted 12/10/2014 10:27 PM   
Solid info - added to the FAQ.
Solid info - added to the FAQ.

Shane R. Monroe
NVidia Shield Zone - Shield Device Utopia
Shield TV Compatibility List - Contribute Today
Shield Help and Chat Room - Come chat!

Posted 12/10/2014 10:46 PM   
Just a note, rebooting the tablet re-enables it so you do have to go in each time. This is really something Nvidia needs to consider fixing.
Just a note, rebooting the tablet re-enables it so you do have to go in each time. This is really something Nvidia needs to consider fixing.

Please note, all my advice assumes you'll use logic and think things through yourself. Lack of such actions are your own fault.

Posted 12/11/2014 12:07 AM   
I'd like to add, I have no Sim in the tablet.
I'd like to add, I have no
Sim in the tablet.

Posted 12/11/2014 02:10 AM   
Scroll To Top