Does anyone know how to get the free games from the past sale?
I've been thinking about buying a Shield tablet for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger on Cyber Monday. I ordered the bundle (from Bestbuy) which included the LTE model, controller, and 3 free games. I received the package today and the games and controller were missing. All they sent was the tablet. I called bestbuy about it and they said they will have to do research on it. I did print the product page just in case so hopefully that will come in handy if they try to say that I'm full of it. In the mean time, I will pick up a controller locally but I'm wondering about the games since Bestbuy was pretty clueless on that. Were the games supposed to come automatically installed or should I had received a download card? Bestbuy has no idea so I'm hoping someone here knows about it. Thanks in advance!
I've been thinking about buying a Shield tablet for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger on Cyber Monday. I ordered the bundle (from Bestbuy) which included the LTE model, controller, and 3 free games. I received the package today and the games and controller were missing. All they sent was the tablet. I called bestbuy about it and they said they will have to do research on it. I did print the product page just in case so hopefully that will come in handy if they try to say that I'm full of it. In the mean time, I will pick up a controller locally but I'm wondering about the games since Bestbuy was pretty clueless on that. Were the games supposed to come automatically installed or should I had received a download card? Bestbuy has no idea so I'm hoping someone here knows about it. Thanks in advance!

Posted 12/05/2014 05:44 AM   
You get a code
You get a code

Posted 12/05/2014 05:50 AM   
Alright thanks. I hope bestbuy takes care of me but at this point, I don't have much faith in them.
Alright thanks. I hope bestbuy takes care of me but at this point, I don't have much faith in them.

Posted 12/05/2014 05:55 AM   
I asked my source about it, said he'd get back to me. Haven't heard back. I'll ask again.
I asked my source about it, said he'd get back to me. Haven't heard back. I'll ask again.

Shane R. Monroe
NVidia Shield Zone - Shield Device Utopia
Shield TV Compatibility List - Contribute Today
Shield Help and Chat Room - Come chat!

Posted 12/05/2014 06:39 PM   
Best Buy (in store purchases at least) have the codes printed on the receipt, can you check your email invoice for the code? If not PM a copy of it so I can confirm the purchase and I can help out.
Best Buy (in store purchases at least) have the codes printed on the receipt, can you check your email invoice for the code?

If not PM a copy of it so I can confirm the purchase and I can help out.

Home::MSI Z170I::Intel 6700k::16GB Corsair DDR4 3200mhz::Samsung 256gb M.2(OS)::Titan Xp:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q: Custom waterloop
Test rig::i9 7900::Asus Rampage VI::512gb M.2::32gb Gskills 3200mbz:Titan Xp::Custom loop
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code FAQ

Posted 12/05/2014 07:38 PM   
Josh, I added this information to the Shield FAQ I'm running as well. I've seen this question a couple of times.
Josh,

I added this information to the Shield FAQ I'm running as well. I've seen this question a couple of times.

Shane R. Monroe
NVidia Shield Zone - Shield Device Utopia
Shield TV Compatibility List - Contribute Today
Shield Help and Chat Room - Come chat!

Posted 12/05/2014 07:54 PM   
[quote="lespaulultra3"]I've been thinking about buying a Shield tablet for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger on Cyber Monday. I ordered the bundle (from Bestbuy) which included the LTE model, controller, and 3 free games. I received the package today and the games and controller were missing. All they sent was the tablet. I called bestbuy about it and they said they will have to do research on it. I did print the product page just in case so hopefully that will come in handy if they try to say that I'm full of it. In the mean time, I will pick up a controller locally but I'm wondering about the games since Bestbuy was pretty clueless on that. Were the games supposed to come automatically installed or should I had received a download card? Bestbuy has no idea so I'm hoping someone here knows about it. Thanks in advance![/quote] so u bought the controller bundel? And they sent no controller hope it works out they should have to give you a controller since thats what you paid for and the game codes places bad customer service is why i like amazon to bad amazon doesnt have physical stores lol
lespaulultra3 said:I've been thinking about buying a Shield tablet for a few months and I finally pulled the trigger on Cyber Monday. I ordered the bundle (from Bestbuy) which included the LTE model, controller, and 3 free games. I received the package today and the games and controller were missing. All they sent was the tablet. I called bestbuy about it and they said they will have to do research on it. I did print the product page just in case so hopefully that will come in handy if they try to say that I'm full of it. In the mean time, I will pick up a controller locally but I'm wondering about the games since Bestbuy was pretty clueless on that. Were the games supposed to come automatically installed or should I had received a download card? Bestbuy has no idea so I'm hoping someone here knows about it. Thanks in advance!
so u bought the controller bundel? And they sent no controller hope it works out they should have to give you a controller since thats what you paid for and the game codes places bad customer service is why i like amazon to bad amazon doesnt have physical stores lol

Posted 12/05/2014 08:30 PM   
ive said the same thing, then i try to imagine how big an physical amazon store would be and i would get tired walking through that. Would be like an Ikea and Costco x10
ive said the same thing, then i try to imagine how big an physical amazon store would be and i would get tired walking through that.

Would be like an Ikea and Costco x10

Home::MSI Z170I::Intel 6700k::16GB Corsair DDR4 3200mhz::Samsung 256gb M.2(OS)::Titan Xp:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q: Custom waterloop
Test rig::i9 7900::Asus Rampage VI::512gb M.2::32gb Gskills 3200mbz:Titan Xp::Custom loop
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code FAQ

Posted 12/06/2014 12:30 AM   
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]ive said the same thing, then i try to imagine how big an physical amazon store would be and i would get tired walking through that. Would be like an Ikea and Costco x10[/quote] mabye aisle full of tabs where u select it and then the wearhouse has some system to bring in to a pickup location =0 future ruled by amazon lol
Josh@NVIDIA said:ive said the same thing, then i try to imagine how big an physical amazon store would be and i would get tired walking through that.

Would be like an Ikea and Costco x10
mabye aisle full of tabs where u select it and then the wearhouse has some system to bring in to a pickup location =0 future ruled by amazon lol

Posted 12/06/2014 12:49 AM   
I have the same issue - purchased the Black Friday Shield Tablet bundle from BestBuy.com on 11/28, no codes received. I've already sent a PM to Josh.
I have the same issue - purchased the Black Friday Shield Tablet bundle from BestBuy.com on 11/28, no codes received.

I've already sent a PM to Josh.

Posted 12/11/2014 08:40 PM   
Do Amazon.co.uk use similar system where they bury the codes in an invoice? I'd ordered the LTE Tablet on the first day of the three game giveaway deal, but never received a download code. To be fair when I rang up to inquire about the code I got 15 pounds refunded, but I think I would have preferred the games if I'm being honest.
Do Amazon.co.uk use similar system where they bury the codes in an invoice? I'd ordered the LTE Tablet on the first day of the three game giveaway deal, but never received a download code. To be fair when I rang up to inquire about the code I got 15 pounds refunded, but I think I would have preferred the games if I'm being honest.

Posted 12/11/2014 10:16 PM   
Scroll To Top