My NVIDIA Control Panel will not open
  1 / 2    
My system consists of: i7-4790k Haswell Quad-Core @ 4.0 GHz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 EVGA G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit I downloaded the current drivers (340.52) for my GeForce GTX 770 graphics card and the screen resolution is way too wide. I tried to open the NVIDIA control panel but it crashes and says the "NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 7.8.760.0 has stopped working." I then ran CCleaner and uninstalled the drivers and tried downloading an older driver, but it still didn't work. I'm now back to the current drivers with the same problem. If someone could help me I'd be very appreciative.
My system consists of:
i7-4790k Haswell Quad-Core @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97
EVGA G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770
CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

I downloaded the current drivers (340.52) for my GeForce GTX 770 graphics card and the screen resolution is way too wide. I tried to open the NVIDIA control panel but it crashes and says the "NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 7.8.760.0 has stopped working." I then ran CCleaner and uninstalled the drivers and tried downloading an older driver, but it still didn't work. I'm now back to the current drivers with the same problem. If someone could help me I'd be very appreciative.

Posted 08/30/2014 02:11 AM   
Maybe run DDU(display driver uninstaller) in Safe mode and remove any video driver part . Restart . In Safe mode install the working driver.
Maybe run DDU(display driver uninstaller) in Safe mode and remove any video driver part . Restart . In Safe mode install the working driver.

Posted 08/30/2014 02:16 AM   
Yeah I forgot to mention I did that in my first post. It didn't work :/
Yeah I forgot to mention I did that in my first post. It didn't work :/

Posted 08/30/2014 07:23 AM   
I would try a "SFC /SCANNOW" as its seem you may have a problem with your windows installation or an application that is in conflict.
I would try a "SFC /SCANNOW" as its seem you may have a problem with your windows installation or an application that is in conflict.

My Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) : Here

Proud member of Nvidia Beta Program.

-Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
-CPU: I7-6700K (All stock clock)
-PSU: Corsair 1000watt
-RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR
-GPU : 1x MSI nVidia GTX 1080 Gaming 8G (bios : 86.04.17.00.8B)
-Monitor : Asus VH242H (a 60Hz Monitor)
-HDD: Samsung SSD 950 PRO 512GB + 2TB HDD Western Digital
-NVCP: All default.
-I have the Oculus Rift !

Posted 08/30/2014 08:44 AM   
I ran the "SFC /SCANNOW" command and everything was reported just fine. I went back in the device manager, clicked on display adapters and then the GTX 770. I just realized in the general tab of the GTX 770, it says that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43." I hope discovering this fact will further the chances of my issues being resolved!
I ran the "SFC /SCANNOW" command and everything was reported just fine. I went back in the device manager, clicked on display adapters and then the GTX 770. I just realized in the general tab of the GTX 770, it says that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43." I hope discovering this fact will further the chances of my issues being resolved!

Posted 09/01/2014 05:40 AM   
Help?
Help?

Posted 09/03/2014 01:16 AM   
I have same kind problem with new update 344.48. What we will do :S
I have same kind problem with new update 344.48. What we will do :S

Posted 10/23/2014 01:32 AM   
I'm having the same problem guys. Sometimes the driver will install, sometimes it'll fail but 9 times out of 10 after restarting my computer the control panel doesn't open and the drivers won't load. It's really frustrating. Can't play games or run NV Surround. Tried using both 344.11 and 344.48. Ran sfc /scannow as well with no problems found.
I'm having the same problem guys. Sometimes the driver will install, sometimes it'll fail but 9 times out of 10 after restarting my computer the control panel doesn't open and the drivers won't load. It's really frustrating. Can't play games or run NV Surround. Tried using both 344.11 and 344.48. Ran sfc /scannow as well with no problems found.

Posted 10/23/2014 02:05 PM   
Same here. New drivers won't take. Switching to old drivers doesn't seem to help either.
Same here. New drivers won't take. Switching to old drivers doesn't seem to help either.

Posted 10/25/2014 11:58 AM   
Guys we have a problem and we are on offical Nvidia forum and any mods not helping :S We pay a lot of money to have fun but only we get problems.
Guys we have a problem and we are on offical Nvidia forum and any mods not helping :S We pay a lot of money to have fun but only we get problems.

Posted 10/26/2014 11:52 AM   
In order to try to fix this problem I used procmon.exe to see if there was any sketchy behavior going on. I noticed that both AVAST AV and my Intel Integrated drivers had too many instances running, so I decided to clean remove them. If you are having this problem please answer two questions: 1. Are you running an integrated graphics chipset alongside your GeForce? 2. Are you running AVAST anti-virus? To fix my this problem, this is what I did: 1. Download the newest NVIDIA Drivers. 2. Download newest Intel Graphics Drivers, Download the Display Driver Uninstaller. 3. Disable your internet so there can be no automatic detection of the devices. You want to avoid the autoinstall of the graphics drivers. 3. Uninstall AVAST, the Geforce drivers, and the Intel drivers, resetting each time. 4. Run display driver uninstaller. Remove for Geforce and Intel, you only need to shut down once. 5. Confirm that your NVIDIA control panel is no longer visible in the Control Panel. 6. Install Intel Graphics package. Restart. 7. install Geforce Drivers. Restart. 8. Try to open the Control Panel now.
In order to try to fix this problem I used procmon.exe to see if there was any sketchy behavior going on. I noticed that both AVAST AV and my Intel Integrated drivers had too many instances running, so I decided to clean remove them.

If you are having this problem please answer two questions:

1. Are you running an integrated graphics chipset alongside your GeForce?
2. Are you running AVAST anti-virus?

To fix my this problem, this is what I did:

1. Download the newest NVIDIA Drivers.
2. Download newest Intel Graphics Drivers, Download the Display Driver Uninstaller.
3. Disable your internet so there can be no automatic detection of the devices. You want to avoid the autoinstall of the graphics drivers.
3. Uninstall AVAST, the Geforce drivers, and the Intel drivers, resetting each time.
4. Run display driver uninstaller. Remove for Geforce and Intel, you only need to shut down once.
5. Confirm that your NVIDIA control panel is no longer visible in the Control Panel.
6. Install Intel Graphics package. Restart.
7. install Geforce Drivers. Restart.
8. Try to open the Control Panel now.

Posted 10/26/2014 01:51 PM   
I have had this problem ever since "upgrading" to Win 8.1. One of the worst mistakes of my life. I have updated BIOS, I have updated drivers. I can't tell you how many times I have uninstalled, tried different drivers, etc. I updated my integrated graphics driver (Intel 4600). I've run DDU. I'm sick of wasting my time on it. JMHO, with all I've read on the net about this issue, this problem goes across many PC manufacturers, contrary to what nVidia will tell you (nVidia tech support: "The manufacturers customize our graphics to suit them. We are not responsible for the issue you are experiencing."). I'm not buying it. I think nVidia has a major compatibility issue with Win 8.1 that they aren't owning up to. It shouldn't be this difficult to fix this. My next computer will not have nVidia graphics in it. System info: Asus N550JV-DB72T, modified w/ Crucial Technology M550 480 GB SSD i7-4700HQ nVidia GT 750M video, with Intel 4600 integrated graphics 8 GB RAM
I have had this problem ever since "upgrading" to Win 8.1. One of the worst mistakes of my life. I have updated BIOS, I have updated drivers. I can't tell you how many times I have uninstalled, tried different drivers, etc. I updated my integrated graphics driver (Intel 4600). I've run DDU. I'm sick of wasting my time on it.

JMHO, with all I've read on the net about this issue, this problem goes across many PC manufacturers, contrary to what nVidia will tell you (nVidia tech support: "The manufacturers customize our graphics to suit them. We are not responsible for the issue you are experiencing."). I'm not buying it. I think nVidia has a major compatibility issue with Win 8.1 that they aren't owning up to. It shouldn't be this difficult to fix this.

My next computer will not have nVidia graphics in it.

System info:
Asus N550JV-DB72T, modified w/ Crucial Technology M550 480 GB SSD
i7-4700HQ
nVidia GT 750M video, with Intel 4600 integrated graphics
8 GB RAM

Posted 11/23/2014 03:58 AM   
I can't open my control panel . I have done numerous re-installs with many different ways mentioned and others that aren't . I am running 2 Geforce GTX760 , but can't get into turn both cards on . Getting very aggrevated and agree with others . You spend the money for their items and they can't seem to give you any support . Any solution to the problem would be appreciated .
I can't open my control panel . I have done numerous re-installs with many different ways mentioned and others that aren't . I am running 2 Geforce GTX760 , but can't get into turn both cards on . Getting very aggrevated and agree with others . You spend the money for their items and they can't seem to give you any support . Any solution to the problem would be appreciated .

Posted 12/08/2014 04:16 PM   
How many of you are running SLI (dual cards)?
How many of you are running SLI (dual cards)?

·Ï¢årµ§·i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · MSI 390 (formerly 2x GB 970 in SLI - but driver issues ignored by NVidia) · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 4x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 1GB WD Black · Lain-Li X2000F · EVGA SuperNova 850W G2 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 · Logitech Z5500 · Win7pro 64bit

Posted 12/10/2014 06:37 PM   
I have the same issue with NVCP. It won't open on any of the drivers from 344.60 and newer. It works on drivers 344.48 and older.
I have the same issue with NVCP. It won't open on any of the drivers from 344.60 and newer. It works on drivers 344.48 and older.

Posted 12/12/2014 04:52 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top