Can't use CUDA to convert videos anymore after 340.52 update!
  3 / 3    
It seems like my previous post disappeared so I'll try again. I'm trying to use the CUDA Decoder functionality in TMPGenc Video Mastering Works 5 to work with my MSI GTX 970. I tried the methods that suggests me to add the Nvcuvenc.dll back from the older versions of the driver. However the trick doesn't seem to work with 344.75 drivers on a Maxwell card (MSI GTX 970). I can enable CUDA Hardware decoding after pasting the two files in their respective folders, but when I add any video to the project it gives the error (CUresult=400). Has anyone gotten Nvcuvenc working on a Maxwell card? I'm guessing the reason for removing CUDA support on consumer cards is to force professionals to buy their Quadro and Tesla cards. Can we get the files from the Maxwell versions of those cards and put them in the correct directories? If so, please share what drivers you used and which driver did you extract the Nvcuvenc.dll from. Thanks.
It seems like my previous post disappeared so I'll try again.

I'm trying to use the CUDA Decoder functionality in TMPGenc Video Mastering Works 5 to work with my MSI GTX 970. I tried the methods that suggests me to add the Nvcuvenc.dll back from the older versions of the driver.

However the trick doesn't seem to work with 344.75 drivers on a Maxwell card (MSI GTX 970). I can enable CUDA Hardware decoding after pasting the two files in their respective folders, but when I add any video to the project it gives the error (CUresult=400). Has anyone gotten Nvcuvenc working on a Maxwell card? I'm guessing the reason for removing CUDA support on consumer cards is to force professionals to buy their Quadro and Tesla cards. Can we get the files from the Maxwell versions of those cards and put them in the correct directories? If so, please share what drivers you used and which driver did you extract the Nvcuvenc.dll from. Thanks.

Posted 12/07/2014 04:50 AM   
Hi awdrifter try to update ypu video card driver to the lateset version the copy the three cuda file
Hi awdrifter
try to update ypu video card driver to the lateset version the copy the three cuda file

Posted 12/08/2014 07:27 PM   
344.75 is the newest driver for my card (MSI GTX 970 Gaming). I'll try it again when the next driver update comes out.
344.75 is the newest driver for my card (MSI GTX 970 Gaming). I'll try it again when the next driver update comes out.

Posted 12/11/2014 03:34 AM   
Get this files and copy them If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® CUDA™)" option from Bandicam... Please try the solutions below: 1. Check your graphics card driver NVIDIA removed the nvcuvenc.dll file from the GeForce 340.43 beta driver. 1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll) 2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll) http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip Works for me for all programs
Get this files and copy them

If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® CUDA™)" option from Bandicam...

Please try the solutions below:
1. Check your graphics card driver
NVIDIA removed the nvcuvenc.dll file from the GeForce 340.43 beta driver.

1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll)

2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll)

http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip
http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip
Works for me for all programs

I7 3770K @ 4.3 @ 1.24-1.30 Offset Voltage - 0.800
Asus P8Z77-V 2104
G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kit
INNO3D Nvidia GeForce GTX1080 8G D5 1759Mhz iChill X3
Creative ZXR
SanDisk Extreme PRO SSD 480Gb
Samsung x3 1TB 7200
Segate 500 Gb 7200
Seagate 5TB Enterprise 128MB Cache (ST5000NM0024)
Philips 7007 3D TV 40"
Logitech G502 - LGS not installed
SteelSeries Merc Stealth Keyboard - Zboard drivers installed
Windows 10 x64 UEFI Boot

X.M.P = Enabled 1600Mhz 1:1 Ratio (100:100)
PCIE Speed - 100.0 = 99.98
CPU PLL OverVoltage - Enabled
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disable
EIST - Enabled
HPET - Enabled
Cpu Power Phase Control - Optimized
VRM Spread Spectrum - Disabled
Cpu Power Duty Control - T.Probe
Cpu Power Response Control - Medium
Dram Power Phase Control - Optimized
VanderPool Virtualization - Disabled
Load Calibration = Regular/Disabled
Fast Boot - Disabled / 2 Sec Delay

Posted 12/23/2014 09:18 AM   
so, on an i5-2500k & gtx970, what would the best/most like xilisoft video convert be? i always used xilisoft on my old 670 and used the cuda to speed things up and i loved it, all of my youtube page was reencoded with that method now that ive upgraded to the 970, whos oldest driver that i saw was like 340, which is still too new to have the old NVCUVENC active what am i supposed to do >? its taking me like an hour to encode an 11 minute 4gb mp4 with ffmpeg to h.265 with just cpu are there any complete, GOOD programs that are easy like xilisoft was that supports the max bang that the 970 has to offer?
so, on an i5-2500k & gtx970, what would the best/most like xilisoft video convert be?
i always used xilisoft on my old 670 and used the cuda to speed things up and i loved it,
all of my youtube page was reencoded with that method

now that ive upgraded to the 970, whos oldest driver that i saw was like 340, which is still too new to have the old NVCUVENC active what am i supposed to do >? its taking me like an hour to encode an 11 minute 4gb mp4 with ffmpeg to h.265 with just cpu

are there any complete, GOOD programs that are easy like xilisoft was that supports the max bang that the 970 has to offer?

Posted 12/30/2014 11:22 AM   
[quote="KuramaKitsune"]so, on an i5-2500k & gtx970, what would the best/most like xilisoft video convert be? i always used xilisoft on my old 670 and used the cuda to speed things up and i loved it, all of my youtube page was reencoded with that method now that ive upgraded to the 970, whos oldest driver that i saw was like 340, which is still too new to have the old NVCUVENC active what am i supposed to do >? its taking me like an hour to encode an 11 minute 4gb mp4 with ffmpeg to h.265 with just cpu are there any complete, GOOD programs that are easy like xilisoft was that supports the max bang that the 970 has to offer? [/quote] im +1 with this since im using 64 bit OS and i7-4770k & GTX 970 with beta driver 347.09-sandbag or even with WHQL driver 344.75 my CUDA is disabled when im using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 7.8.5 Newer Version. Any work around ? i really need this, thanks NB : i cant use another software since my xilisoft is legit, and i already contacted xilisoft and there is no respond until now
KuramaKitsune said:so, on an i5-2500k & gtx970, what would the best/most like xilisoft video convert be?
i always used xilisoft on my old 670 and used the cuda to speed things up and i loved it,
all of my youtube page was reencoded with that method

now that ive upgraded to the 970, whos oldest driver that i saw was like 340, which is still too new to have the old NVCUVENC active what am i supposed to do >? its taking me like an hour to encode an 11 minute 4gb mp4 with ffmpeg to h.265 with just cpu

are there any complete, GOOD programs that are easy like xilisoft was that supports the max bang that the 970 has to offer?

im +1 with this since im using 64 bit OS and i7-4770k & GTX 970 with beta driver 347.09-sandbag or even with WHQL driver 344.75 my CUDA is disabled when im using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 7.8.5 Newer Version. Any work around ? i really need this, thanks

NB : i cant use another software since my xilisoft is legit, and i already contacted xilisoft and there is no respond until now

Posted 01/05/2015 02:57 AM   
[quote="x8009"]Get this files and copy them If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® CUDA™)" option from Bandicam... Please try the solutions below: 1. Check your graphics card driver NVIDIA removed the nvcuvenc.dll file from the GeForce 340.43 beta driver. 1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll) 2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll) http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip Works for me for all programs[/quote] This worked like a charm for Brorsoft Blu-Ray Video Converter Ultimate program. Copied in the folders that its supposed to go. Thanks for that and now that program now shows the acceleration options which I am running a 970 GTX FTW Edition. This particular program actually has the new H.265 Codec for conversions. Can't wait to see what its truly like.
x8009 said:Get this files and copy them

1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll)

2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll)

This worked like a charm for Brorsoft Blu-Ray Video Converter Ultimate program. Copied in the folders that its supposed to go. Thanks for that and now that program now shows the acceleration options which I am running a 970 GTX FTW Edition. This particular program actually has the new H.265 Codec for conversions. Can't wait to see what its truly like.

Posted 01/16/2015 05:28 PM   
I was told by nVidia support that v337.88 was that last drive version that actually had a working CUDA Driver. This really sucks as the card I purchase was specifically for that use and was only a few months old.
I was told by nVidia support that v337.88 was that last drive version that actually had a working CUDA Driver.
This really sucks as the card I purchase was specifically for that use and was only a few months old.

Posted 02/16/2015 12:42 AM   
[quote="x8009"]Get this files and copy them If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® CUDA™)" option from Bandicam... Please try the solutions below: 1. Check your graphics card driver NVIDIA removed the nvcuvenc.dll file from the GeForce 340.43 beta driver. 1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll) 2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll) http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip Works for me for all programs[/quote] This is the correct, but don't work for me until I registred the files in cmd. Follow this tutorial (You can use Google for translate): http://conocimiento-adictivo.blogspot.com/2015/01/Como-reactivar-Nvidia-CUDA-Video-Encoder.html

This is the correct, but don't work for me until I registred the files in cmd. Follow this tutorial (You can use Google for translate):

http://conocimiento-adictivo.blogspot.com/2015/01/Como-reactivar-Nvidia-CUDA-Video-Encoder.html

Posted 02/16/2015 06:37 AM   
I think I may have stumbled across a solution which prevents Windows 10 from automatically updating the GeForce driver to 340+ -- without preventing other important updates from being installed. This involves editing the system registry, so attempt this only at your own risk: If a 340+ driver has already been installed, go to the Device Manager and roll back that driver. If you DON'T have a pre-340 driver installed, find and install that for your OS. 1. Right click on the Start icon (lower left-hand corner of the screen), then left click on RUN. 2. Enter REGEDIT as the name of the file you wish to open, click OKAY and then YES to confirm. 3. Click on EDIT, then on FIND and enter the number of the NVidia driver version (in my case, 337.88) 4. Ignore any instances of the driver version that you may find until you get to the following section of the system registry: HOTKEY\LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\CURRENTVERSION\UNTNSTALL. 5. Look for the following DWORDS and change the value on each from 0 to 1: NO MODIFY NO REMOVE Hit the F3 key to find the next instance of your driver number (which should also be in this same section of the system registry), then repeat Step 5. Hit the F3 key again until you find no more instances of the driver number in this section of the registry. Exit REGEDIT to save your changes. Based on my experience, Windows Update will keep trying to install the new NVidia drivers but the system registry will prevent that from happening. Which means my video card's CUDA cores can once again be accessed by software packages such as Nero Video. YMMV, so good luck!
I think I may have stumbled across a solution which prevents Windows 10 from automatically updating the GeForce driver to 340+ -- without preventing other important updates from being installed. This involves editing the system registry, so attempt this only at your own risk:

If a 340+ driver has already been installed, go to the Device Manager and roll back that driver. If you DON'T have a pre-340 driver installed, find and install that for your OS.

1. Right click on the Start icon (lower left-hand corner of the screen), then left click on RUN.
2. Enter REGEDIT as the name of the file you wish to open, click OKAY and then YES to confirm.
3. Click on EDIT, then on FIND and enter the number of the NVidia driver version (in my case, 337.88)
4. Ignore any instances of the driver version that you may find until you get to the following section of the system registry: HOTKEY\LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\CURRENTVERSION\UNTNSTALL.
5. Look for the following DWORDS and change the value on each from 0 to 1:
NO MODIFY
NO REMOVE

Hit the F3 key to find the next instance of your driver number (which should also be in this same section of the system registry), then repeat Step 5.

Hit the F3 key again until you find no more instances of the driver number in this section of the registry. Exit REGEDIT to save your changes.

Based on my experience, Windows Update will keep trying to install the new NVidia drivers but the system registry will prevent that from happening. Which means my video card's CUDA cores can once again be accessed by software packages such as Nero Video.

YMMV, so good luck!

Posted 08/15/2015 06:27 AM   
[quote="x8009"]Get this files and copy them If you cannot see the "H.264 (Nvidia® CUDA™)" option from Bandicam... Please try the solutions below: 1. Check your graphics card driver NVIDIA removed the nvcuvenc.dll file from the GeForce 340.43 beta driver. 1) If you use Windows 7/8 (64bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvcuvenc.dll) 2) If you use Windows 7/8 (32bit), download cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip and copy&paste the nvcuvenc.dll file to the designated folder. (C:\Windows\System32\nvcuvenc.dll) http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_64bit.zip http://www.bandicam.com/img/forum/cuda_enc_windows7_8_32bit.zip Works for me for all programs[/quote] This was working for me until recently. Now even this doesnt help. Any suggestions ? I am using GeForce GTX 745, windows 10 64bit.

This was working for me until recently. Now even this doesnt help. Any suggestions ?
I am using GeForce GTX 745, windows 10 64bit.

Posted 10/07/2016 12:55 AM   
Previous drivers doesn't resolve the problem? Enunerated older version or older than 340.52? Probably I got on the solution. Uninstall whole Nvidia drivers package. Make sure that device is not recognised, or unplug PC from the Internet. Try to install driver via Device Manager. When I installed enlisted driver package, OS asked for that visa file nvcuvenc. On x64 you need to sometimes change dll filename to get prompt of missing file passed. And better copy into whole unpacked driver package this files from above. You make it by running installer once, and drivers are in C:\Nvidia\ and proper driver folder. Personally it didnt installed drivers for me, but resolved 7zip error during running usual installer. So I hit for this topic by accident.
Previous drivers doesn't resolve the problem? Enunerated older version or older than 340.52?

Probably I got on the solution.

Uninstall whole Nvidia drivers package.
Make sure that device is not recognised, or unplug PC from the Internet.
Try to install driver via Device Manager.
When I installed enlisted driver package, OS asked for that visa file nvcuvenc.
On x64 you need to sometimes change dll filename to get prompt of missing file passed. And better copy into whole unpacked driver package this files from above. You make it by running installer once, and drivers are in C:\Nvidia\ and proper driver folder.
Personally it didnt installed drivers for me, but resolved 7zip error during running usual installer. So I hit for this topic by accident.

Posted 10/24/2016 12:38 AM   
I simply removed all traces of Nvidia drivers and installed driver 337.50 and my cuda cores are now active for my program.
I simply removed all traces of Nvidia drivers and installed driver 337.50 and my cuda cores are now active for my program.

Posted 03/10/2017 03:29 PM   
  3 / 3    
Scroll To Top