GTX 760 nv3dum.dll and nvwgf2um.dll causing crashes. Need serious help.
I've been having frequent crashes in most, if not all games since I built this rig back in October. I can't enjoy any of my games because they all crash within 15-20 minutes or so. Instead of enjoying the game, I'm just constantly on edge hoping it won't crash. I'm sick of it. They've all been tied to the nv3dum.dll and nvwgf2um.dll files. What happens is the game will be playing fine. The GPU will be performing great and then suddenly it freeze, sound stops, and I have to ctrl+alt+delete my way out. I've reinstalled the drivers, doing a complete clean install, multiple times. I've tried the newest drivers, the drivers that came with my GPU, and beta drivers. Nothing works. It always crashes. I've tried asking for support on other sites like reddit.com/r/techsupport. No one could figure it out. I've tried researching for days, scouring Google and Bing results looking for a fix and found nothing that works. I'm really desperate for a solution to my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are my specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SonofRobin/saved/3VnT
I've been having frequent crashes in most, if not all games since I built this rig back in October. I can't enjoy any of my games because they all crash within 15-20 minutes or so. Instead of enjoying the game, I'm just constantly on edge hoping it won't crash. I'm sick of it.

They've all been tied to the nv3dum.dll and nvwgf2um.dll files. What happens is the game will be playing fine. The GPU will be performing great and then suddenly it freeze, sound stops, and I have to ctrl+alt+delete my way out.

I've reinstalled the drivers, doing a complete clean install, multiple times. I've tried the newest drivers, the drivers that came with my GPU, and beta drivers. Nothing works. It always crashes. I've tried asking for support on other sites like reddit.com/r/techsupport. No one could figure it out. I've tried researching for days, scouring Google and Bing results looking for a fix and found nothing that works.

I'm really desperate for a solution to my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/SonofRobin/saved/3VnT

Posted 04/08/2014 10:16 PM   
This is almost always caused by a driver update not properly uninstalling the old drivers, or a bad install of the new drivers. I had this problem very recently, with several games crashing from the same problem with nv3dum.dll, uninstall and reinstall didn't fix the issue. However, I just fixed it 30 minutes ago! I found the solution at this page: http://www.articlewritingclicks.com/Dll_Errors/Nvd3dumdll_Crash__Use_the_Following_Repair_Tip.html It's very important that you create a restore point. Then uninstall all the drivers (3D Vision Controller, 3D Vision Driver, GeForce Experience, Graphics Driver, HD sound Driver, PhysX System) with windows uninstaller before rebooting to safe mode and [i]then[/i] run the DDU.exe using the "Clean+Restart" command. I tried doing it without rebooting to safe mode and found no joy. Once windows has restarted, reinstall the latest drivers. Now all my games work again!
This is almost always caused by a driver update not properly uninstalling the old drivers, or a bad install of the new drivers. I had this problem very recently, with several games crashing from the same problem with nv3dum.dll, uninstall and reinstall didn't fix the issue. However, I just fixed it 30 minutes ago!

I found the solution at this page:

http://www.articlewritingclicks.com/Dll_Errors/Nvd3dumdll_Crash__Use_the_Following_Repair_Tip.html

It's very important that you create a restore point. Then uninstall all the drivers (3D Vision Controller, 3D Vision Driver, GeForce Experience, Graphics Driver, HD sound Driver, PhysX System) with windows uninstaller before rebooting to safe mode and then run the DDU.exe using the "Clean+Restart" command. I tried doing it without rebooting to safe mode and found no joy.

Once windows has restarted, reinstall the latest drivers.
Now all my games work again!

Posted 06/19/2014 03:43 AM   
Scroll To Top