Nvidia windows kernel mode driver 335.23 stopped responding and was recovered successfully
  1 / 8    
Greetings. I would like to report a problem that I have. Well this used to happen rarely, but for the past 2-3 weeks it happens every day and many times each day aswell. While playing games, such as League of legends, hearthstone etc. my screen suddenly goes black and freezes for a bit and same happens with the sound. Then there are two cases, it either recovers after some time and I get the following message "Nvidia windows kernel mode driver 335.23 stopped responding and was recovered successfully", or it completely freezes and I have to reboot it manually. The thing is this has happened with previous drivers aswell even if I did the "clean install". Is there any way to find out what's the problem and try to solve it? My pc specs: CPU: Intel core i7-2670QM @2.20 GHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz
Greetings. I would like to report a problem that I have. Well this used to happen rarely, but for the past 2-3 weeks it happens every day and many times each day aswell. While playing games, such as League of legends, hearthstone etc. my screen suddenly goes black and freezes for a bit and same happens with the sound. Then there are two cases, it either recovers after some time and I get the following message "Nvidia windows kernel mode driver 335.23 stopped responding and was recovered successfully", or it completely freezes and I have to reboot it manually. The thing is this has happened with previous drivers aswell even if I did the "clean install". Is there any way to find out what's the problem and try to solve it?
My pc specs:
CPU: Intel core i7-2670QM @2.20 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M
RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz

Posted 03/16/2014 05:10 AM   
I have the same Issue. But mine freezes every few minutes and then crashes. I have tried a ton of different fixes. From hacking my registry to going through all the Nvidia Drivers for my 770gtx. Its fine if I just sit on my desktop with 3 windows open, but if I start a video or a game or a download/install/update it crashes. Not sure what else to do. This is happening right off a new build boot up. I have all drivers for all my hardware. My Build- CPU:Intel core i7-4771 @ 3.50GHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz
I have the same Issue. But mine freezes every few minutes and then crashes. I have tried a ton of different fixes. From hacking my registry to going through all the Nvidia Drivers for my 770gtx. Its fine if I just sit on my desktop with 3 windows open, but if I start a video or a game or a download/install/update it crashes. Not sure what else to do. This is happening right off a new build boot up. I have all drivers for all my hardware.

My Build-

CPU:Intel core i7-4771 @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770

Posted 03/17/2014 04:11 AM   
I am getting this issue with Titanfall, it even happened with the previous driver, attempting a clean install now. Will let you know if anything changes. CPU - Intel Core i7-3930k @3.2ghz GPU - Geforce 680GTX x 2 RAM 64GB @ 1600mhz
I am getting this issue with Titanfall, it even happened with the previous driver, attempting a clean install now. Will let you know if anything changes.

CPU - Intel Core i7-3930k @3.2ghz
GPU - Geforce 680GTX x 2
RAM 64GB @ 1600mhz

Posted 03/17/2014 07:29 AM   
Still having the same issue after fresh full install and restart. Pretty annoying...
Still having the same issue after fresh full install and restart. Pretty annoying...

Posted 03/17/2014 08:11 AM   
[quote="FieroJosh"]I have the same Issue. But mine freezes every few minutes and then crashes. I have tried a ton of different fixes. From hacking my registry to going through all the Nvidia Drivers for my 770gtx. Its fine if I just sit on my desktop with 3 windows open, but if I start a video or a game or a download/install/update it crashes. Not sure what else to do. This is happening right off a new build boot up. I have all drivers for all my hardware. My Build- CPU:Intel core i7-4771 @ 3.50GHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 RAM: 8GB @ 1600MHz [/quote] https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/708949/for-all-those-experiencing-nvidia-issue-try-this-link-/#4157794 Also the op can try this.
FieroJosh said:I have the same Issue. But mine freezes every few minutes and then crashes. I have tried a ton of different fixes. From hacking my registry to going through all the Nvidia Drivers for my 770gtx. Its fine if I just sit on my desktop with 3 windows open, but if I start a video or a game or a download/install/update it crashes. Not sure what else to do. This is happening right off a new build boot up. I have all drivers for all my hardware.

My Build-

CPU:Intel core i7-4771 @ 3.50GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/708949/for-all-those-experiencing-nvidia-issue-try-this-link-/#4157794

Also the op can try this.

Posted 03/17/2014 10:38 AM   
Didnt work for me :(
Didnt work for me :(

Posted 03/17/2014 12:29 PM   
Me Either, still no idea what to do. So stupid.
Me Either, still no idea what to do. So stupid.

Posted 03/18/2014 12:48 AM   
Hey guys I would like to give you update on my case with this kernel mode driver fuc.er. I finaly manage to stop it from freezing without clen instal but sorry from two solutions that ve done Im not sure witch one is the one since Ive tried all that I could find online. So after Ive applied solution of nvidia control panel-adjust desktop video to run by nvidia drivers and also Ive got to device manager and turn of all sound drivers HD nvidia (just right click on it and disable) and left only realtek sound driver Im two days freeze free :) I hope you guys will find this helpful since Ive got so anoyed by this issue that I wanted to change my card wich would be couple houndred investment with no need. Ok guys all best!
Hey guys I would like to give you update on my case with this kernel mode driver fuc.er. I finaly manage to stop it from freezing without clen instal but sorry from two solutions that ve done Im not sure witch one is the one since Ive tried all that I could find online. So after Ive applied solution of nvidia control panel-adjust desktop video to run by nvidia drivers and also Ive got to device manager and turn of all sound drivers HD nvidia (just right click on it and disable) and left only realtek sound driver Im two days freeze free :) I hope you guys will find this helpful since Ive got so anoyed by this issue that I wanted to change my card wich would be couple houndred investment with no need. Ok guys all best!

Posted 03/18/2014 02:08 AM   
Hi thanks for your response Docent, could you explain in a little more detail what you mean by the first fix? - adjust desktop video to run by nvidia drivers?
Hi thanks for your response Docent, could you explain in a little more detail what you mean by the first fix? - adjust desktop video to run by nvidia drivers?

Posted 03/18/2014 04:24 AM   
Yea If possible explain the "adjust desktop video", since I can't get it either.
Yea If possible explain the "adjust desktop video", since I can't get it either.

Posted 03/18/2014 03:26 PM   
Is there any chance to get some actual support/assistance on this matter?
Is there any chance to get some actual support/assistance on this matter?

Posted 03/19/2014 04:13 PM   
The black screen issue has been reported numerous times with this driver. Either reinstall the driver that worked for you previously or try version 332.21
The black screen issue has been reported numerous times with this driver. Either reinstall the driver that worked for you previously or try version 332.21

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC
AMD FX8350 8 Core unlocked Black Edition 4.0Ghz
CPU cooler T4 Hyper coolmaster
StrikeX AeroCool gaming case
Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Rev.3 Bios version FD
RAM G-Skill RipJawX F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL/4G x2 8GB total
PSU OCZ ZT series Bronze 80 650w
Monitor wllyama Resolution 1680 X 1050, 59.999Hz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

Posted 03/19/2014 04:15 PM   
Well I can't kinda recall which driver worked for me, but I will try the version that you suggested.
Well I can't kinda recall which driver worked for me, but I will try the version that you suggested.

Posted 03/19/2014 04:32 PM   
Tried to install them, it didn't really work, plus I had a bluescreen aswell...
Tried to install them, it didn't really work, plus I had a bluescreen aswell...

Posted 03/19/2014 11:24 PM   
I have done the changes suggested before and I have found that if I turn off my second monitor while playing, I dont crash. 2 sessions at least 5 hours total.
I have done the changes suggested before and I have found that if I turn off my second monitor while playing, I dont crash. 2 sessions at least 5 hours total.

Posted 03/19/2014 11:43 PM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top