What's your ppsspp settings
  1 / 2    
ppsspp has had some updates so the settings have changed. Therefore if i watch a video or read someone elses settings in a google search they're always outdated. I'm having some issues with my settings for games i have played fine on other devices. Buffered rendering messes up on Ridge racer which i can play on even my chinese gaming device the jxd s7800b fine. Other games like the third birthday crash. Coded arms is realy slow. I'm not sure if that's normal but i though i saw it running fine on a really cheap dual core chines tablet with a sub hd resolution. My settings right now are Graphics Mode: Buffered rendering Frameskipping: 2 Auto frameskip: enabled gow speedup: enabled Alternate speed: unlimited Features: all stock Performance: Rendering res: 1xpsp Everything checked Texture scaling Upscale level: off Upscale type: xbrz Deposterize: unchecked Texture filtering Stock Hack settings Timer hack: on Disable alpha test: on Disable stencil test: off Always depth write: off Texture coord speedhack: on System settings Emulation Everything checked PSP settings PSP 1000 Sorry for all this but i can't think of a better way to do it other then screen shots which i don't feel like doing. Lol.
ppsspp has had some updates so the settings have changed. Therefore if i watch a video or read someone elses settings in a google search they're always outdated. I'm having some issues with my settings for games i have played fine on other devices. Buffered rendering messes up on Ridge racer which i can play on even my chinese gaming device the jxd s7800b fine. Other games like the third birthday crash. Coded arms is realy slow. I'm not sure if that's normal but i though i saw it running fine on a really cheap dual core chines tablet with a sub hd resolution.

My settings right now are

Graphics

Mode: Buffered rendering
Frameskipping: 2
Auto frameskip: enabled
gow speedup: enabled
Alternate speed: unlimited
Features: all stock
Performance:
Rendering res: 1xpsp
Everything checked

Texture scaling

Upscale level: off
Upscale type: xbrz
Deposterize: unchecked

Texture filtering

Stock

Hack settings

Timer hack: on
Disable alpha test: on
Disable stencil test: off
Always depth write: off
Texture coord speedhack: on

System settings

Emulation

Everything checked

PSP settings

PSP 1000

Sorry for all this but i can't think of a better way to do it other then screen shots which i don't feel like doing. Lol.
Full 30 fps in tekken 5 [img]http://i.imgur.com/CHiyNsQ.png[/img]
Full 30 fps in tekken 5

i7-4770k, GTX Titan X, 16GB ram

Consoles:
Xbox one, Xboc 360, xbox
ps4, Ps3, ps vita, psp
Wii-u, Wii, gamecube, N64, nes, 3ds, nds, gba, gbc, gb

Phone: iphone 5 and note 3
Tablet: Nvidia shield 16GB with 128GB SDXC class 10

Posted 02/18/2014 07:36 AM   
Yeah those settings dropped my frame rate dramatically. Thanks though. I just added Rendering resolution 2xpsp and the upscaling you're using though and i'm getting 44 fps in mortal kombat unchained.
Yeah those settings dropped my frame rate dramatically. Thanks though. I just added Rendering resolution 2xpsp and the upscaling you're using though and i'm getting 44 fps in mortal kombat unchained.
You are running ppsspp on your shield right? Just curious as then I could get more games to play :)
You are running ppsspp on your shield right? Just curious as then I could get more games to play :)

Posted 02/18/2014 12:28 PM   
[quote="Arckos"]You are running ppsspp on your shield right? Just curious as then I could get more games to play :)[/quote] Yup.
Arckos said:You are running ppsspp on your shield right? Just curious as then I could get more games to play :)

Yup.
When i tried 0 fps skip or 2, i then dropped hard, so 1 fps skip gave me the best fps.
When i tried 0 fps skip or 2, i then dropped hard, so 1 fps skip gave me the best fps.

Consoles:
Xbox one, Xboc 360, xbox
ps4, Ps3, ps vita, psp

Posted 02/18/2014 06:56 PM   
I don't remember 3rd birthday crashing for me (ran pretty decent the last time I tried). I've never really played around with ppsspp that much yet but I always had auto frameskip enabled + 2x the internal resolution and haven't had much issues. Did the latest updates hurt speed and/or compatibility? Tekken has always been tough to emulate. Haven't tried tekken 5 but 6 would drop frames pretty heavily with auto frameskip.
I don't remember 3rd birthday crashing for me (ran pretty decent the last time I tried). I've never really played around with ppsspp that much yet but I always had auto frameskip enabled + 2x the internal resolution and haven't had much issues. Did the latest updates hurt speed and/or compatibility?

Tekken has always been tough to emulate. Haven't tried tekken 5 but 6 would drop frames pretty heavily with auto frameskip.

Posted 02/18/2014 11:03 PM   
Tekken 5 for me was smooth all the time.
Tekken 5 for me was smooth all the time.

Consoles:
Xbox one, Xboc 360, xbox
ps4, Ps3, ps vita, psp

Posted 02/18/2014 11:10 PM   
I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.
I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.
[quote="Failrunner"]I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.[/quote] Every time I try to run Resistance I get right before I would normally select my language and it freezes PPSSPP. I can't even hit the back button to go to PPSSPP's settings, I have to force close it. I have tried all of the settings here as well. Any chance you could post your settings up in the same manner sonarctica did?
Failrunner said:I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.

Every time I try to run Resistance I get right before I would normally select my language and it freezes PPSSPP. I can't even hit the back button to go to PPSSPP's settings, I have to force close it. I have tried all of the settings here as well. Any chance you could post your settings up in the same manner sonarctica did?
[quote="CriticalComposer"][quote="Failrunner"]I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.[/quote] Every time I try to run Resistance I get right before I would normally select my language and it freezes PPSSPP. I can't even hit the back button to go to PPSSPP's settings, I have to force close it. I have tried all of the settings here as well. Any chance you could post your settings up in the same manner sonarctica did?[/quote]That's what it does for me now to. It worked once and crashed in game. :(
CriticalComposer said:
Failrunner said:I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.

Every time I try to run Resistance I get right before I would normally select my language and it freezes PPSSPP. I can't even hit the back button to go to PPSSPP's settings, I have to force close it. I have tried all of the settings here as well. Any chance you could post your settings up in the same manner sonarctica did?
That's what it does for me now to. It worked once and crashed in game. :(
I change my settings pretty regularly depending on the game, but usually 3xPSP res with buffered rendering for games that don't work unbuffered, and unbuffered for games that do.
I change my settings pretty regularly depending on the game, but usually 3xPSP res with buffered rendering for games that don't work unbuffered, and unbuffered for games that do.

Z97-GD65 Gaming | i5 4690k | 2x8gb Ballistix Tactical LP | TP650
EVGA GTX660 SC | ViewSonic VX2268WM | 1280x1024 vga lcd
Realtek acl-1150 | ATH A700X

Posted 02/19/2014 07:31 AM   
The best setting is exit all apps turn off wifi, location and enable airport mode. It make the games run a lot faster.
The best setting is exit all apps turn off wifi, location and enable airport mode.
It make the games run a lot faster.

Posted 02/19/2014 09:19 PM   
I'm happy. I got games running full speed 2xpsp with buffered rendering enabled now. I got tekken 5 with buffered rendering 2xpsp running at a max of 40fps now. Ghost of sparta is fully playable and i actually got tekken six somewhat playable. No audio scratching but the frame rate is rough. I also have soul calibur running at a max of 40fps in game.
I'm happy. I got games running full speed 2xpsp with buffered rendering enabled now. I got tekken 5 with buffered rendering 2xpsp running at a max of 40fps now. Ghost of sparta is fully playable and i actually got tekken six somewhat playable. No audio scratching but the frame rate is rough. I also have soul calibur running at a max of 40fps in game.
[quote="Failrunner"]I had the frame skipping on 5 and checked auto frame skipping so it would only skip frames as needed. I've been working on my settings all day. I got gow ghost of sparta running full speed with buffered rendering enabled. Tekken 6 runs full speed. Soul calibur broken destiny runs full speed in game with a few hiccups in the menus. I got resistance running playable but it still has bad audio issues. The dialog is clear though. Unfortunately it eventually crashes.[/quote] Interesting. Haven't tried Ghost of Sparta but the first game had horrible framerates. I'll try updating the emulator later, maybe newer versions are that much faster now

Interesting. Haven't tried Ghost of Sparta but the first game had horrible framerates. I'll try updating the emulator later, maybe newer versions are that much faster now

Posted 02/20/2014 11:27 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top