3Dmigoto now open-source...
  1 / 120    
[b]Today it is my great pleasure to announce that Chiri's 3Dmigoto has been released as open-source![/b] For people who want might want to help with the tool itself, the source code is live and available now at: [url]https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto[/url] For people who might want to experiment with using it for game fixes, I wrote up a short 'using' guide on the Wiki here: [url]https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki/Using-3Dmigoto-to-find-and-fix-shaders[/url] Feel free to jump right in and see how it works for you, and what you can learn. I believe that it is fully functional, right now. You can find and disable or fix shaders. You can experiment with Chiri's automatic shadow fixes. You can download the source code and build it and tweak it and step through the source code for free using Visual Studio 2013 Express. No doubt it has bugs, I know it doesn't work on all games. I'll fix stuff as fast as I can, and if someone else comes up with a code fix, send me a Git pull request and I'll do it. If you want Github access as a collaborator, that's fine too. Please let me be the first to say that I barely know how it is working, how the code operates, or how to use the tool. This is all uncharted ground, and it is Chiri's and my hope that we can all learn together and share and make 3D better. The Wiki ([url]https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki[/url]) is possibly a good spot for sharing, as it is open for anyone to edit and add topics. Please do not hesitate to add anything you've learned, and do feel free to contact me for any reason. Chiri is impossibly busy at present and is unlikely to be able to respond, so your best bet is to contact me. I promise to respond, even if all I can say is "beats me." Please use me as the contact point, as my main goal is keep it all organized. Chiri graciously accepted my request to open-source 3Dmigoto, and I cannot thank him enough. I am super stoked to help push this forward, and I hope you can all join me in thanking him. Chiri wanted to release it to help make 3D better for everyone. Please help out if you can. Let's go have some fun!
Today it is my great pleasure to announce that Chiri's 3Dmigoto has been released as open-source!

For people who want might want to help with the tool itself, the source code is live and available now at:
https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto

For people who might want to experiment with using it for game fixes, I wrote up a short 'using' guide on the Wiki here:
https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki/Using-3Dmigoto-to-find-and-fix-shaders

Feel free to jump right in and see how it works for you, and what you can learn. I believe that it is fully functional, right now. You can find and disable or fix shaders. You can experiment with Chiri's automatic shadow fixes. You can download the source code and build it and tweak it and step through the source code for free using Visual Studio 2013 Express.

No doubt it has bugs, I know it doesn't work on all games. I'll fix stuff as fast as I can, and if someone else comes up with a code fix, send me a Git pull request and I'll do it. If you want Github access as a collaborator, that's fine too.

Please let me be the first to say that I barely know how it is working, how the code operates, or how to use the tool. This is all uncharted ground, and it is Chiri's and my hope that we can all learn together and share and make 3D better.

The Wiki (https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/wiki) is possibly a good spot for sharing, as it is open for anyone to edit and add topics.

Please do not hesitate to add anything you've learned, and do feel free to contact me for any reason. Chiri is impossibly busy at present and is unlikely to be able to respond, so your best bet is to contact me. I promise to respond, even if all I can say is "beats me." Please use me as the contact point, as my main goal is keep it all organized.

Chiri graciously accepted my request to open-source 3Dmigoto, and I cannot thank him enough. I am super stoked to help push this forward, and I hope you can all join me in thanking him.

Chiri wanted to release it to help make 3D better for everyone. Please help out if you can. Let's go have some fun!

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
GTX 970 - i5-4670K@4.2GHz - 12GB RAM - Win7x64+evilKB2670838 - 4 Disk X25 RAID
SAGER NP9870-S - GTX 980 - i7-6700K - Win10 Pro 1607
Latest 3Dmigoto Release
Bo3b's School for ShaderHackers

Posted 02/09/2014 04:13 AM   
Nice work Chiri :-) Thank You Chiri, Bo3b, and all the other helpers here!
Nice work Chiri :-)
Thank You Chiri, Bo3b, and all the other helpers here!

Posted 02/09/2014 04:54 AM   
Ohhh I feel a utility or two coming on. :)
Ohhh I feel a utility or two coming on. :)
Posted 02/09/2014 05:28 AM   
Wow, this is incredible news. Thank you so much, Chiri! Hopefully this helps out Flugan, too!
Wow, this is incredible news. Thank you so much, Chiri! Hopefully this helps out Flugan, too!

Posted 02/09/2014 05:29 AM   
Great new to begin the day with, Thanks a lot Chiri and Bo3b! :)))))
Great new to begin the day with, Thanks a lot Chiri and Bo3b! :)))))

Posted 02/09/2014 06:12 AM   
How does this affect Flugan's wrapper? The short answer is, we don't know yet. This is not a surprise to Flugan though, I tried to keep him in the loop as much as I could. The timing is less than ideal, so some background is that I contacted Chiri shortly after Flugan announced his project, under the assumption that starting with a large, fully featured, mostly working, code base would be a terrific starting spot. Unfortunately, Chiri has become super busy with real life difficulties (working two jobs as part of that), and did not get the message. Fast forward a bit, and Flugan has some good working results but is facing the super-daunting task of making it as functional as the Helix wrapper, and feeling like he has too much pressure to deliver. I contacted El Barterino to see if he could ping Chiri on my request, which he did, and Chiri agreed to open-source it as long as he didn't have to run the project or respond to requests. Once I got Chiri's OK, I contacted Flugan to be sure he knew it was coming, so he would not be blind-sided, and could think about how it might all work together. That was about two weeks ago. It took me awhile to work out how to make it build and run properly, because I wanted it to be fully functional when announced. I've been working with Flugan directly, and we've talked a little bit about what makes sense, but the reality is that we just don't know. It's all new to all of us, and we'll have to make it up as we go along. It might make sense to combine the two, it might make sense to keep them as separate tools with different approaches that might work better in different cases. For example, Flugan hooks only a small subset of system calls, whereas 3Dmigoto wraps all the calls. Hooking a small number can be more reliable, wherease wrapping them all provides more usage info. It's not obvious which is best. We are not sure, but I hope I can speak for Flugan in that we are we are open to suggestions and ideas.
How does this affect Flugan's wrapper? The short answer is, we don't know yet.

This is not a surprise to Flugan though, I tried to keep him in the loop as much as I could.

The timing is less than ideal, so some background is that I contacted Chiri shortly after Flugan announced his project, under the assumption that starting with a large, fully featured, mostly working, code base would be a terrific starting spot. Unfortunately, Chiri has become super busy with real life difficulties (working two jobs as part of that), and did not get the message. Fast forward a bit, and Flugan has some good working results but is facing the super-daunting task of making it as functional as the Helix wrapper, and feeling like he has too much pressure to deliver.

I contacted El Barterino to see if he could ping Chiri on my request, which he did, and Chiri agreed to open-source it as long as he didn't have to run the project or respond to requests.

Once I got Chiri's OK, I contacted Flugan to be sure he knew it was coming, so he would not be blind-sided, and could think about how it might all work together. That was about two weeks ago. It took me awhile to work out how to make it build and run properly, because I wanted it to be fully functional when announced.

I've been working with Flugan directly, and we've talked a little bit about what makes sense, but the reality is that we just don't know. It's all new to all of us, and we'll have to make it up as we go along.

It might make sense to combine the two, it might make sense to keep them as separate tools with different approaches that might work better in different cases. For example, Flugan hooks only a small subset of system calls, whereas 3Dmigoto wraps all the calls. Hooking a small number can be more reliable, wherease wrapping them all provides more usage info. It's not obvious which is best.

We are not sure, but I hope I can speak for Flugan in that we are we are open to suggestions and ideas.

Acer H5360 (1280x720@120Hz) - ASUS VG248QE with GSync mod - 3D Vision 1&2 - Driver 372.54
Latest 3Dmigoto Release

Posted 02/09/2014 07:12 AM   
bravo!
bravo!

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/chtiblue/album/530b52d4cb85770d6e000049/3Dvision with 49" Philips 49PUS7100 interlieved 3D (3840x2160) overide mode, GTX 1080 GFA2 EXOC, core i5 @4.3GHz, 16Gb@2130, windows 7&10 64bit, Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 Marantz 6010 AVR

Posted 02/09/2014 07:39 AM   
You guys are incredible. Bo3b, a true champion of all things 3D. Chiri/El Barterino, so gracious to share their hard work without any expectations of reward. Flugan, so courageous to even start a new wrapper in this hostile climate, and he already has shader removal/fixing capabilities! I don't have any words, guys. What a community, I've never seen such a thing elswhere on the internet. I'm extremelly excited by what our regular braves (Eqzitara, Mike, HDR etc) will make of this but I'm evem more excited when I imagine that this wrapper release (and perhaps Helix's, soon) will bring even more curiosity and desire of exploration in our smal community and will enlarge the ranks of the fixing contributors. From the comments we see in other posts, the general sentiments are going into the healthy direction of "openness, collaboration, and [u]fixing documentation[/u]", so new wrappers will be an incredible catalyst. There is still hope for 3D vision, I think. It's sad that it's not coming from Nvidia yet, and that so far the fake 3D was their only "news". But who cares, now we have our own great news of mid February :-) And it's so much better! EDIT Bo3b's initiative to handle logistics such as documentation and blog posting is really great. We've seen the results this can bring, from the excellent work Eqzitara does with the Helixblog. I was wondering if these efforcts cannot be combined, on the same blog, maybe Helixblog, with a section called HelixWrap and another called ChiriWrap, and each section containing a "Current fixes" and a "WIP fixes" tab. Would be awesome, but of course it only makes sense if it does not add too much to the curating tasks these great guys already committed to.
You guys are incredible.
Bo3b, a true champion of all things 3D. Chiri/El Barterino, so gracious to share their hard work without any expectations of reward. Flugan, so courageous to even start a new wrapper in this hostile climate, and he already has shader removal/fixing capabilities!

I don't have any words, guys. What a community, I've never seen such a thing elswhere on the internet.
I'm extremelly excited by what our regular braves (Eqzitara, Mike, HDR etc) will make of this but I'm evem more excited when I imagine that this wrapper release (and perhaps Helix's, soon) will bring even more curiosity and desire of exploration in our smal community and will enlarge the ranks of the fixing contributors.

From the comments we see in other posts, the general sentiments are going into the healthy direction of "openness, collaboration, and fixing documentation", so new wrappers will be an incredible catalyst.

There is still hope for 3D vision, I think. It's sad that it's not coming from Nvidia yet, and that so far the fake 3D was their only "news". But who cares, now we have our own great news of mid February :-)
And it's so much better!

EDIT
Bo3b's initiative to handle logistics such as documentation and blog posting is really great. We've seen the results this can bring, from the excellent work Eqzitara does with the Helixblog.
I was wondering if these efforcts cannot be combined, on the same blog, maybe Helixblog, with a section called HelixWrap and another called ChiriWrap, and each section containing a "Current fixes" and a "WIP fixes" tab. Would be awesome, but of course it only makes sense if it does not add too much to the curating tasks these great guys already committed to.

Posted 02/09/2014 07:46 AM   
What a community! I read the notes. I love the way you can use an Xbox controller to hunt the shaders. Am I right in thinking I should be able to isolate and disable shaders, like even I could do using Helix's? Wish I had a 'superpower' though. Also does the wrapper make use of a binary search algorithm like Tsaebeht made for Helix? That might make the hunt for illusive shaders more efficient? I'll say again, what a community!
What a community!

I read the notes. I love the way you can use an Xbox controller to hunt the shaders. Am I right in thinking I should be able to isolate and disable shaders, like even I could do using Helix's? Wish I had a 'superpower' though.

Also does the wrapper make use of a binary search algorithm like Tsaebeht made for Helix? That might make the hunt for illusive shaders more efficient?

I'll say again, what a community!

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, SLI GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

Handy Driver Discussion
Helix Mod - community fixes
Bo3b's Shaderhacker School - How to fix 3D in games
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 02/09/2014 02:24 PM   
Yes, you can use it to disable shaders easily. Anyone here can do this, if you got 3D working, you can do this. :-> There is an easy way to disable the shaders as a feature in the d3dx.ini file, where you can disable shaders with no patching. Look for the "Shader manipulations without patches" in the d3dx.ini and set the handling=skip for an easier way to disable specific shaders. I'll be adding that info to the wiki shortly. For doing the shader searching, he does not do a binary search, but his technique is perhaps better. He only cycles through the shaders that are in the active frame, not the entire game. So you typically only have maybe 100 shaders to look through. Binary search might still be better, but having used it, it's a little odd to deal with the full screen shaders that otherwise blank the screen. Not sure. We'll have to see if we think the current system is still too slow.
Yes, you can use it to disable shaders easily. Anyone here can do this, if you got 3D working, you can do this. :->

There is an easy way to disable the shaders as a feature in the d3dx.ini file, where you can disable shaders with no patching. Look for the "Shader manipulations without patches" in the d3dx.ini and set the handling=skip for an easier way to disable specific shaders. I'll be adding that info to the wiki shortly.

For doing the shader searching, he does not do a binary search, but his technique is perhaps better. He only cycles through the shaders that are in the active frame, not the entire game. So you typically only have maybe 100 shaders to look through.

Binary search might still be better, but having used it, it's a little odd to deal with the full screen shaders that otherwise blank the screen. Not sure. We'll have to see if we think the current system is still too slow.

Latest 3Dmigoto Release

Posted 02/09/2014 02:54 PM   
Wow, fantastic news bo3b, thank you so much for this! Thanks to Chiri for his generosity, it's amazing that he finally allowed 3dmigoto to go open source. I think that we won't find a better moment to donate Chiri for this, since this move could help secure 3d vision for the a few years, even more now that we know that he has two jobs and having real life difficulties. Most of the issues we had with chiri wrapper was the 'pay for patch' model, now this is really worth some personal investment on 3dmigoto. It's amazing to hear that Flugan is involved somehow in all of this, I wish this level of communication had happened with the 'wrapper wars' betweem Helix and Chiri. In any case it's amazing that someone as brilliant as Flugan is helping with this project. He has been very open for donations too, and maybe we should consider sending him something too. On my part, I have 0 coding skills, still I could help with some menial tasks like website maintenance or stuff like that if I could be useful, just trying to give something back. If I can be of any help just PM me and I'll see what I can do.
Wow, fantastic news bo3b, thank you so much for this!

Thanks to Chiri for his generosity, it's amazing that he finally allowed 3dmigoto to go open source. I think that we won't find a better moment to donate Chiri for this, since this move could help secure 3d vision for the a few years, even more now that we know that he has two jobs and having real life difficulties. Most of the issues we had with chiri wrapper was the 'pay for patch' model, now this is really worth some personal investment on 3dmigoto.

It's amazing to hear that Flugan is involved somehow in all of this, I wish this level of communication had happened with the 'wrapper wars' betweem Helix and Chiri. In any case it's amazing that someone as brilliant as Flugan is helping with this project. He has been very open for donations too, and maybe we should consider sending him something too.

On my part, I have 0 coding skills, still I could help with some menial tasks like website maintenance or stuff like that if I could be useful, just trying to give something back. If I can be of any help just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

All hail 3d modders Helifax, bo3b, mike_ar69, Flugan, DarkStarSword, 4everAwake, 3d4dd, eqzitara and so many more helping to keep the 3d dream alive, find their 3d fixes at http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ Also check my site for spanish VR and mobile gaming news: www.gamermovil.com

Posted 02/09/2014 04:37 PM   
Very well done to everyone involved in this. Awesome work and awesome gesture.
Very well done to everyone involved in this. Awesome work and awesome gesture.

GTX 1070 SLI, I7-6700k ~ 4.4Ghz, 3x BenQ XL2420T, Viewsonic PJD 7820HD, LG 55EG960V, Samsung 850 EVO SSD, Crucial M4 SSD, 3D vision kit, Xpand x104 glasses, Corsair HX1000i, Win 10 pro 64/Win 7 64

Posted 02/09/2014 05:16 PM   
[quote="bo3b"] For doing the shader searching, he does not do a binary search, but his technique is perhaps better. He only cycles through the shaders that are in the active frame, not the entire game. So you typically only have maybe 100 shaders to look through.[/quote] Love it! This is far beyond my ken so I have no idea. Is it straight forward for one of our Helix modders to transfer their shader fixing skills to 3Dmigoto? If so, this is really exciting. As Birthright says it futureproofs 3DV, possibly for the duration of the current console generation. That is huge news!
bo3b said:
For doing the shader searching, he does not do a binary search, but his technique is perhaps better. He only cycles through the shaders that are in the active frame, not the entire game. So you typically only have maybe 100 shaders to look through.

Love it!

This is far beyond my ken so I have no idea. Is it straight forward for one of our Helix modders to transfer their shader fixing skills to 3Dmigoto?

If so, this is really exciting. As Birthright says it futureproofs 3DV, possibly for the duration of the current console generation. That is huge news!

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, SLI GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

Handy Driver Discussion
Helix Mod - community fixes
Bo3b's Shaderhacker School - How to fix 3D in games
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 02/09/2014 05:12 PM   
[quote="bo3b"]Binary search might still be better, but having used it, it's a little odd to deal with the full screen shaders that otherwise blank the screen. Not sure. We'll have to see if we think the current system is still too slow.[/quote]100/bs=7 :) ... personally I still like cycling 'Lots' method vs. the cycling Single Shaders method ... but on the other hand chances might also be higher that those 'Full Screen Shaders' are always present in the initial lot no matter the size ... the easiest way to deal with them is to get take them out of the equation as quickly as possible, at the moment BSE doesn't do this Automatically(it just switches to the next lot and only comes back to it if the Shader wasn't found in the rest(quickest way to find a Single Shader)) but you can do it manually by switching what you're looking for and selecting Yes at every lot that has them and manually enabling(Ctrl+Shift+E) it at 'found' and continuing the search((Ctrl+Shift+S) quickest way to find Multiple Shaders). I've come up with other ideas and ways to deal with it, along with different ways to separate the Dump into lots, in BSE but you're the only one that's shown any serious interest in it and personally I haven't had too much free time to play around with it myself, so I've been focusing on other 'puzzles' like the RegistrySettingsVBS(*), the DepthHack(non-registry'hammering' version), the WowDrag&Drop(ProfileREngine), etc ... *which I couldn't post on the forum as it doesn't allow certain parts of the VB code, even wrapped in [code][/code] tags, to be posted.
bo3b said:Binary search might still be better, but having used it, it's a little odd to deal with the full screen shaders that otherwise blank the screen. Not sure. We'll have to see if we think the current system is still too slow.
100/bs=7 :) ... personally I still like cycling 'Lots' method vs. the cycling Single Shaders method ... but on the other hand chances might also be higher that those 'Full Screen Shaders' are always present in the initial lot no matter the size ... the easiest way to deal with them is to get take them out of the equation as quickly as possible, at the moment BSE doesn't do this Automatically(it just switches to the next lot and only comes back to it if the Shader wasn't found in the rest(quickest way to find a Single Shader)) but you can do it manually by switching what you're looking for and selecting Yes at every lot that has them and manually enabling(Ctrl+Shift+E) it at 'found' and continuing the search((Ctrl+Shift+S) quickest way to find Multiple Shaders).

I've come up with other ideas and ways to deal with it, along with different ways to separate the Dump into lots, in BSE but you're the only one that's shown any serious interest in it and personally I haven't had too much free time to play around with it myself, so I've been focusing on other 'puzzles' like the RegistrySettingsVBS(*), the DepthHack(non-registry'hammering' version), the WowDrag&Drop(ProfileREngine), etc ...

*which I couldn't post on the forum as it doesn't allow certain parts of the VB code, even wrapped in [code][/code] tags, to be posted.
Posted 02/09/2014 06:15 PM   
Aweome stuff! Big thanks bo3b:) Bit thanks to Chiri & Co also for putting their time into this and deciding to make it public!
Aweome stuff! Big thanks bo3b:) Bit thanks to Chiri & Co also for putting their time into this and deciding to make it public!

Life is as empty without Terror, as is without Love...
But thou Chaos can be beautiful...
It can not last...

-
2x Asus GTX 980Ti Strix (OC edition), Custom Water-cooling to kick the Temperature & Noise arse ^_^
-3x Asus VG278HE 3D Vision 2 monitors (3D Surround)
i7 4790K @ 5.0Ghz ontop of Asus Maximus VII Ranger
DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133
RAID0 256GB SSDs
RAID0 2TB Mechanical HDD (WD Black)
-
Alienware M17x R5
GT880M (8GB VRAM)
120hz 3D Samsung LCD Panel

16gb 1600Mhz DDR3
256GB SSD + 1TB mechanical HDD
-
Alienware M14x R1