Play Dead Island and Saints Row: The Third on the NVIDIA® GRID™ Beta
  1 / 2    
Hi All We hope you are enjoying the GRID Beta and continue to experience the future of gaming. Today, we are happy to announce that we are making two new games available for you to try. Zombies are all the rage these days. You can see them in just about all forms of media we love to consume, from TV series and books to video games and movies (not to mention our nightmares). And now, you can stream them, thanks to the NVIDIA GRID cloud gaming beta. Grab your NVIDIA SHIELD and see if you can survive hordes of zombies that are ravaging a tropical resort in Dead Island, the newest addition to the GRID game library. You’ll need to use a variety of brutal weapons to defeat zombies of all types to live to see tomorrow. If you prefer urban warfare over bashing zombies—or just want a change of pace after battling the undead—then you may want to give Saints Row: The Third a try. See if you have what it takes to prevent The Syndicate from taking over the Third Street Saints turf! The addition of Dead Island and Saints Row brings the GRID catalog to 12 games, with more on the way over the coming weeks. All you need to do to play the new games is make sure the GRID Beta app is updated to the latest version on your SHIELD. The app is available with SHIELD Software Update 65 or later, or via download from Google Play. We hope you enjoy the new games, and that you to continue to provide feedback about your GRID Beta experience with us.
Hi All

We hope you are enjoying the GRID Beta and continue to experience the future of gaming. Today, we are happy to announce that we are making two new games available for you to try.

Zombies are all the rage these days. You can see them in just about all forms of media we love to consume, from TV series and books to video games and movies (not to mention our nightmares). And now, you can stream them, thanks to the NVIDIA GRID cloud gaming beta.

Grab your NVIDIA SHIELD and see if you can survive hordes of zombies that are ravaging a tropical resort in Dead Island, the newest addition to the GRID game library. You’ll need to use a variety of brutal weapons to defeat zombies of all types to live to see tomorrow.

If you prefer urban warfare over bashing zombies—or just want a change of pace after battling the undead—then you may want to give Saints Row: The Third a try. See if you have what it takes to prevent The Syndicate from taking over the Third Street Saints turf!

The addition of Dead Island and Saints Row brings the GRID catalog to 12 games, with more on the way over the coming weeks.

All you need to do to play the new games is make sure the GRID Beta app is updated to the latest version on your SHIELD. The app is available with SHIELD Software Update 65 or later, or via download from Google Play.

We hope you enjoy the new games, and that you to continue to provide feedback about your GRID Beta experience with us.

Posted 02/06/2014 06:55 PM   
Got dead island for free from the Xboxgold free stuff but ddon't have an Xbox anymore so this is awesome. Never played saints row though. Awesome.
Got dead island for free from the Xboxgold free stuff but ddon't have an Xbox anymore so this is awesome.

Never played saints row though. Awesome.

You should check out my (mostly) android YouTube channel.
Www.YouTube.com/seaking177

Posted 02/06/2014 08:08 PM   
The original Dead Island is a classic. Steam says I got 200 hours in that game. This is the best game you've released for GRID imo
The original Dead Island is a classic. Steam says I got 200 hours in that game. This is the best game you've released for GRID imo

Posted 02/07/2014 02:51 AM   
Both those games are amazing! Saint's row rules! It was on my personal grid wish list! :)
Both those games are amazing! Saint's row rules! It was on my personal grid wish list! :)

Posted 02/07/2014 09:57 AM   
Andrew, Dead Island plays amazing from Florida. Expect a video demo on this SOON!
Andrew, Dead Island plays amazing from Florida. Expect a video demo on this SOON!

Posted 02/07/2014 01:55 PM   
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the beta. Shoot me the video when you have it ready, we can help push it out to users.
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the beta. Shoot me the video when you have it ready, we can help push it out to users.

Posted 02/07/2014 05:12 PM   
Uploading now. Gimme a sec
Uploading now. Gimme a sec

Posted 02/07/2014 07:38 PM   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYD5Ees8jMo

Posted 02/07/2014 07:52 PM   
Not sure if this is the place to write it. Loving GRID just started using it today. Working great from NYC. One issue I'm having with Saints Row is that I can't get the y axis inverted. I changed it in the settings and flipped it back and forth a few times and still won't invert. Just making it known and seeing if anyone else has the same problem.
Not sure if this is the place to write it. Loving GRID just started using it today. Working great from NYC. One issue I'm having with Saints Row is that I can't get the y axis inverted. I changed it in the settings and flipped it back and forth a few times and still won't invert. Just making it known and seeing if anyone else has the same problem.

Posted 02/09/2014 01:10 AM   
We will take a look at this.
We will take a look at this.

Posted 02/10/2014 06:23 PM   
Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid!
Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid!

Posted 02/12/2014 04:07 PM   
[quote="Cronusman"]Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid![/quote] You encouraged me to look into deeper menus and I found it. It was under Controls>gamepad options. From there was the invert camera y axis option and that did work. Thanks for the tip. Works marvelously now and now I can actually play and enjoy the game.
Cronusman said:Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid!

You encouraged me to look into deeper menus and I found it. It was under Controls>gamepad options. From there was the invert camera y axis option and that did work.

Thanks for the tip. Works marvelously now and now I can actually play and enjoy the game.

Posted 02/12/2014 11:29 PM   
Hi O[quote="Iroes"][quote="Cronusman"]Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid![/quote] You encouraged me to look into deeper menus and I found it. It was under Controls>gamepad options. From there was the invert camera y axis option and that did work. Thanks for the tip. Works marvelously now and now I can actually play and enjoy the game. [/quote] What setting were you using that wasnt working then?
Hi O
Iroes said:
Cronusman said:Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid!

You encouraged me to look into deeper menus and I found it. It was under Controls>gamepad options. From there was the invert camera y axis option and that did work.

Thanks for the tip. Works marvelously now and now I can actually play and enjoy the game.

What setting were you using that wasnt working then?

Posted 02/13/2014 10:36 PM   
[quote="andrewf@nvidia"]Hi O[quote="Iroes"][quote="Cronusman"]Iroes, I was having the same issue. Find the "camera" settings in I think it was the "gameplay" menu and invert it there. That fixed it for me. I'm not sure what the other axis setting does. I changed both horizontal and vertical and neither seemed to have an effect. On topic, love Grid![/quote] You encouraged me to look into deeper menus and I found it. It was under Controls>gamepad options. From there was the invert camera y axis option and that did work. Thanks for the tip. Works marvelously now and now I can actually play and enjoy the game. [/quote] What setting were you using that wasnt working then?[/quote] There were two similar settings labeled "invert vertical axis" and "invert horizontal axis" or something similar. Neither of those performed their respective inversions. I believe that setting is in the control menu.
andrewf@nvidia said:Hi O
Iroes said:

What setting were you using that wasnt working then?

There were two similar settings labeled "invert vertical axis" and "invert horizontal axis" or something similar. Neither of those performed their respective inversions. I believe that setting is in the control menu.

Posted 02/15/2014 01:51 AM   
Almost 100% of my game streaming was of Saint's Row 3 to My Shield. It will be awesome to play it without having to have my computer on. And I've always wanted to try to original Dead Island. These are two great picks.
Almost 100% of my game streaming was of Saint's Row 3 to My Shield. It will be awesome to play it without having to have my computer on. And I've always wanted to try to original Dead Island. These are two great picks.

Posted 02/28/2014 08:43 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top