Nvidia shield PC Streaming problem
Nvidia shield PC Streaming problem Hi everyone, I have always wanted a nvidia shield. But, I have some problems with my pc. My PC's GPU is Geforce GT 555m. Is there a way to stream the pc games to the SHIELD by other ways or if I can't, can I plug my PS3 to the PC and stream the ps3 screen and play games on my PC to the SHIELD? and also, not all android games are Supported? Thx everyone for trying to help and see this post.
Nvidia shield PC Streaming problem

Hi everyone, I have always wanted a nvidia shield. But, I have some problems with my pc. My PC's GPU is Geforce GT 555m. Is there a way to stream the pc games to the SHIELD by other ways or if I can't, can I plug my PS3 to the PC and stream the ps3 screen and play games on my PC to the SHIELD? and also, not all android games are Supported? Thx everyone for trying to help and see this post.

Posted 01/30/2014 08:45 AM   
You can't use GameStream, but you could use something like Splashtop THD. At that point, though, the unique featureset of Shield is not so great. Not all Android games are supported on any Android device because there are so many devices with so many potential issues. If you want a game to work on Shield, contact the developer about it.
You can't use GameStream, but you could use something like Splashtop THD. At that point, though, the unique featureset of Shield is not so great.
Not all Android games are supported on any Android device because there are so many devices with so many potential issues. If you want a game to work on Shield, contact the developer about it.

Z97-GD65 Gaming | i5 4690k | 2x8gb Ballistix Tactical LP | TP650
EVGA GTX660 SC | ViewSonic VX2268WM | 1280x1024 vga lcd
Realtek acl-1150 | ATH A700X

Posted 01/30/2014 12:52 PM   
Yep, like MistressMouse said, you can stream through Splashtop. Splashtop has great streaming quality, but is very very limited on the controls. It's not designed for the Shield, so your ability to play games will be very limited with it. And no, you can't stream a PS3 to the Shield without having a supported video card. Android games are really hit & miss right now. A large number of them do not show up for the Shield in the Play Store. Very few of the ones that do show up have full native support for the Shield. There is a mapping program that is built into the Shield that lets you map touch controls to the Shield's controller, but it's not the same as having games that are designed with the Shield in mind. I personally wouldn't recommend buying a Shield until you have a supported video card so that you can enjoy the full experience. Keep an eye out because Nvidia frequently offers big discounts for people that buy a Shield and new video card at the same time.
Yep, like MistressMouse said, you can stream through Splashtop. Splashtop has great streaming quality, but is very very limited on the controls. It's not designed for the Shield, so your ability to play games will be very limited with it. And no, you can't stream a PS3 to the Shield without having a supported video card.

Android games are really hit & miss right now. A large number of them do not show up for the Shield in the Play Store. Very few of the ones that do show up have full native support for the Shield. There is a mapping program that is built into the Shield that lets you map touch controls to the Shield's controller, but it's not the same as having games that are designed with the Shield in mind.

I personally wouldn't recommend buying a Shield until you have a supported video card so that you can enjoy the full experience. Keep an eye out because Nvidia frequently offers big discounts for people that buy a Shield and new video card at the same time.

Comcast Cable 120/25 Mbps | Windows 8.1 Pro
Logitech G19 Keyboard | Steel Series WOW Mouse
Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Corsair Carbide 500R Case

Posted 01/30/2014 04:12 PM   
Scroll To Top