Problem with Nvidia Control Panel after installing latest driver (332.21)
After installing the latest drivers, Nvidia Control Panel has started acting up. I had my pc hooked up to a monitor and to an HDTV through HDMI cable, but the new drivers screwed up my configuration and now only the monitor is displaying. When i try to go back to my previous settings through the Nvidia Control Panel, all the changes I make just return to their default state as soon as I hit Apply. Even if I try to change the resolution, it never applies, it just goes back to whatever it was set. Then, if I close the NCP it crashes and shows a message that it has stopped working. This also makes the whole desktop crash. I have never had this problem before, any help would be much appreciated. I have 64bit Windows Vista and a GeForce GTX 650.
After installing the latest drivers, Nvidia Control Panel has started acting up. I had my pc hooked up to a monitor and to an HDTV through HDMI cable, but the new drivers screwed up my configuration and now only the monitor is displaying. When i try to go back to my previous settings through the Nvidia Control Panel, all the changes I make just return to their default state as soon as I hit Apply. Even if I try to change the resolution, it never applies, it just goes back to whatever it was set. Then, if I close the NCP it crashes and shows a message that it has stopped working. This also makes the whole desktop crash. I have never had this problem before, any help would be much appreciated.

I have 64bit Windows Vista and a GeForce GTX 650.

Posted 01/08/2014 10:30 PM   
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/648176/geforce-drivers/monitor-display-blank-screen-issue-after-driver-update/

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 01/09/2014 04:45 AM   
Thanks for the response, but that is not my problem. Both screens work fine, I can change which one displays image quite fine in Windows Control Panel (though it doesn't allow me to clone what is displayed on both screens, which is how I had it before the latest driver installed). My problem is with the Nvidia Control Panel, which like I said before, is simply not working and even making my desktop crash.
Thanks for the response, but that is not my problem. Both screens work fine, I can change which one displays image quite fine in Windows Control Panel (though it doesn't allow me to clone what is displayed on both screens, which is how I had it before the latest driver installed). My problem is with the Nvidia Control Panel, which like I said before, is simply not working and even making my desktop crash.

Posted 01/09/2014 12:35 PM   
I'm having a similar issue with the control panel. I'm running 4 monitors, 3 on my GTX780 and my tv on the built in intel. After updating the driver the surround setup had picked the wrong resolution. So I was trying to disable surround and the control panel wouldn't change anything. I had to physically disconnect my screens and disable that forced surround to disable. Either way the control panel is having issues saving and changing anything.
I'm having a similar issue with the control panel. I'm running 4 monitors, 3 on my GTX780 and my tv on the built in intel. After updating the driver the surround setup had picked the wrong resolution. So I was trying to disable surround and the control panel wouldn't change anything. I had to physically disconnect my screens and disable that forced surround to disable. Either way the control panel is having issues saving and changing anything.

Posted 01/10/2014 01:34 AM   
I think I'm having the same problem. After I installed the new driver, my HDTV is unsupported through my HDMI cable. When I switch it to the VGA Cable, it works fine, but no matter what I do, the HDMI cable does not work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing seems to work.
I think I'm having the same problem. After I installed the new driver, my HDTV is unsupported through my HDMI cable. When I switch it to the VGA Cable, it works fine, but no matter what I do, the HDMI cable does not work. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

Posted 01/18/2014 12:14 AM   
Scroll To Top