Reicast - a brand new dreamcast emulator
http://reicast.com/ Some crazy shit brewing, potentially in the Shield world... Give this a few months and might we finally be playing shenmue 2 on the go?
http://reicast.com/

Some crazy shit brewing, potentially in the Shield world... Give this a few months and might we finally be playing shenmue 2 on the go?

Posted 12/18/2013 04:03 AM   
Ikaruga!
Ikaruga!

AMD FX-8150 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Noctua NH-D14 | 2x4GB + 2x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 | MSI Geforce GTX 670 | AZZA Hurrican 2000R | PC Power & Cooling 750W | 2x120GB Intel X25-M RAID0 | 2x600GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RAID0 | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900 | Windows 7 Professional x64 | Onkyo TX-SR805 | Panasonic TH-42PZ80U

Posted 12/18/2013 01:27 PM   
From the authors of nulldc so this could be promising
From the authors of nulldc so this could be promising

Posted 12/18/2013 05:59 PM   
I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different
I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different

EVGA 660 2GB, Intel i5-3570K CPU @ 3.4 GHZ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7. Upgrading to 780 when they drop in price.

Posted 12/18/2013 06:19 PM   
[quote="ManiacDC"]Ikaruga![/quote] Is android Ikaruga not controller friendly?
ManiacDC said:Ikaruga!

Is android Ikaruga not controller friendly?

Posted 12/18/2013 07:51 PM   
[quote="Antonio_Montana"]I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different[/quote] you need to rename the dc_bios.bin to dc_boot.bin also you need the dc_flash.bin put it on : /storage/emulated/0/dc/data or (same thing) /sdcard/dc/data or (same thing again...) /storage/sdcard0/dc/data it is all the same directory.
Antonio_Montana said:I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different

you need to rename the dc_bios.bin to dc_boot.bin also you need the dc_flash.bin

put it on :

/storage/emulated/0/dc/data

or (same thing)

/sdcard/dc/data

or (same thing again...)

/storage/sdcard0/dc/data

it is all the same directory.

Posted 12/18/2013 09:34 PM   
[quote="ricardo85x"][quote="Antonio_Montana"]I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different[/quote] you need to rename the dc_bios.bin to dc_boot.bin also you need the dc_flash.bin put it on : /storage/emulated/0/dc/data or (same thing) /sdcard/dc/data or (same thing again...) /storage/sdcard0/dc/data it is all the same directory.[/quote] I'm using Windows exploring to put the files on the shield. I've already renamed the bin. My SD Card is named SD Card with caps and space accordingly. I can't get it to work. I tried the first path you tried from the Internal Storage drive using Explorer as well. Does Android have a file explorer I can use?
ricardo85x said:
Antonio_Montana said:I'm having a hard time getting the Bios to be recognized. I downloaded BIOS and put it in SD Card/dc/data but the app doesn't recognize it. It's looking for sdcard/dc/data/dc_boot.bin. I can't rename the SD card drive can I? the names are different

you need to rename the dc_bios.bin to dc_boot.bin also you need the dc_flash.bin

put it on :

/storage/emulated/0/dc/data

or (same thing)

/sdcard/dc/data

or (same thing again...)

/storage/sdcard0/dc/data

it is all the same directory.

I'm using Windows exploring to put the files on the shield. I've already renamed the bin. My SD Card is named SD Card with caps and space accordingly. I can't get it to work. I tried the first path you tried from the Internal Storage drive using Explorer as well. Does Android have a file explorer I can use?

EVGA 660 2GB, Intel i5-3570K CPU @ 3.4 GHZ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 7. Upgrading to 780 when they drop in price.

Posted 12/19/2013 12:53 AM   
Oh, just a little heads up, guys - it now supports the Shield controller natively.
Oh, just a little heads up, guys - it now supports the Shield controller natively.

Posted 12/19/2013 04:28 AM   
[quote="georaldc"]Is android Ikaruga not controller friendly?[/quote] I haven't dropped the $7 to find out. I think it's portrait mode only.
georaldc said:Is android Ikaruga not controller friendly?

I haven't dropped the $7 to find out. I think it's portrait mode only.

AMD FX-8150 @ 4.2 GHz | Asus Sabertooth 990FX | Noctua NH-D14 | 2x4GB + 2x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1866 | MSI Geforce GTX 670 | AZZA Hurrican 2000R | PC Power & Cooling 750W | 2x120GB Intel X25-M RAID0 | 2x600GB WD VelociRaptor 10K RAID0 | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900 | Windows 7 Professional x64 | Onkyo TX-SR805 | Panasonic TH-42PZ80U

Posted 12/19/2013 12:08 PM   
HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.
HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.

Posted 12/19/2013 11:47 PM   
[quote="gus1"]HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.[/quote] I finally figured it out gus. If you're using Windows Explorer... on the Internal Storage Drive of your shield... just add the dc/data/etc.... in the drive. So technically as far as windows is concerned it's just dc/data/dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin. the dc folder shoot be the first folder from root. No sdcard folder. Hope it works for you
gus1 said:HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.

I finally figured it out gus. If you're using Windows Explorer... on the Internal Storage Drive of your shield... just add the dc/data/etc.... in the drive. So technically as far as windows is concerned it's just dc/data/dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin. the dc folder shoot be the first folder from root. No sdcard folder. Hope it works for you

Posted 12/20/2013 12:07 AM   
[quote="Antonio_Montana"][quote="gus1"]HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.[/quote] I finally figured it out gus. If you're using Windows Explorer... on the Internal Storage Drive of your shield... just add the dc/data/etc.... in the drive. So technically as far as windows is concerned it's just dc/data/dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin. the dc folder shoot be the first folder from root. No sdcard folder. Hope it works for you[/quote] Thanks very much for the help! Got the dreamcast to boot up. I just made a folder on the shield /dc/data and put the renamed bios file and the flash bin file in. However, where do i put the game files? i got games with the .cdi extenstion.
Antonio_Montana said:
gus1 said:HI, I also can't get the emu to recognize the bios file. I renamed it to dc_boot.bin and put this and the dc_flash.bin in the /sdcard/dc/data folder on the microsd card. Please help, really want to try this out. Thanks so much in advance.

I finally figured it out gus. If you're using Windows Explorer... on the Internal Storage Drive of your shield... just add the dc/data/etc.... in the drive. So technically as far as windows is concerned it's just dc/data/dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin. the dc folder shoot be the first folder from root. No sdcard folder. Hope it works for you

Thanks very much for the help! Got the dreamcast to boot up. I just made a folder on the shield /dc/data and put the renamed bios file and the flash bin file in. However, where do i put the game files? i got games with the .cdi extenstion.

Posted 12/20/2013 12:38 AM   
Scroll To Top