Using ShadowPlay in DayZ Standalone
  1 / 3    
Unable to record footage using ShadowPlay in new DayZ Standalone game, there's a red slash through the ShadowPlay icon indicating I cannot record. I don't know why or how to fix this, unless this is a ShadowPlay issue, could anyone help me out?
Unable to record footage using ShadowPlay in new DayZ Standalone game, there's a red slash through the ShadowPlay icon indicating I cannot record.

I don't know why or how to fix this, unless this is a ShadowPlay issue, could anyone help me out?

Posted 12/17/2013 07:32 AM   
I can record video from the DayZ alpha (manual record), but I get the red slash through when I try to do streaming to twitch at any quality setting....
I can record video from the DayZ alpha (manual record), but I get the red slash through when I try to do streaming to twitch at any quality setting....

Posted 12/18/2013 05:46 AM   
you are lucky if you can record i get constant red line through my status marker
you are lucky if you can record i get constant red line through my status marker

Posted 12/18/2013 04:30 PM   
I'm getting the same. Shadowplay works perfectly in all other games I've tried, BF4, Just Cause 2, etc. However, the DayZ Standalone is the first and only game I've been unable to get Shadowplay working on. Doesn't matter if I select Shadowplay, manual or Twitch mode...all of them have the red slash. I've tried restarting, turning Shadowplay off/on (before and during the game), nothing seems to work.
I'm getting the same. Shadowplay works perfectly in all other games I've tried, BF4, Just Cause 2, etc. However, the DayZ Standalone is the first and only game I've been unable to get Shadowplay working on. Doesn't matter if I select Shadowplay, manual or Twitch mode...all of them have the red slash. I've tried restarting, turning Shadowplay off/on (before and during the game), nothing seems to work.

Posted 12/18/2013 11:22 PM   
[quote="Polymira"]I can record video from the DayZ alpha (manual record), but I get the red slash through when I try to do streaming to twitch at any quality setting.... [/quote] I just tried to manually record, and I'm still getting the red slash error.
Polymira said:I can record video from the DayZ alpha (manual record), but I get the red slash through when I try to do streaming to twitch at any quality setting....

I just tried to manually record, and I'm still getting the red slash error.

Posted 12/18/2013 11:25 PM   
Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything. The reason I have the mostly there is because I get a giant green box in the bottom right of my screen on the stream. I came here to ask about the box actually but it seems I'm better off than most.
Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything.

The reason I have the mostly there is because I get a giant green box in the bottom right of my screen on the stream. I came here to ask about the box actually but it seems I'm better off than most.

Posted 12/19/2013 01:49 AM   
[quote="Allforhonor"]Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything. The reason I have the mostly there is because I get a giant green box in the bottom right of my screen on the stream. I came here to ask about the box actually but it seems I'm better off than most.[/quote] That almost sounds like the twitch mode is trying to put your webcam on the bottom right. I think it has an option to put a webcam in the stream. I wish I had your problem tho, I can't even get Shadowplay to do anything at all in DayZ Standalone.
Allforhonor said:Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything.

The reason I have the mostly there is because I get a giant green box in the bottom right of my screen on the stream. I came here to ask about the box actually but it seems I'm better off than most.

That almost sounds like the twitch mode is trying to put your webcam on the bottom right. I think it has an option to put a webcam in the stream.

I wish I had your problem tho, I can't even get Shadowplay to do anything at all in DayZ Standalone.

Posted 12/19/2013 02:02 AM   
Ill look into it tomorrow and get a bug filed for this.
Ill look into it tomorrow and get a bug filed for this.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 980 SLI:Asus ROG Swift PG278Q.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 12/19/2013 03:27 AM   
[quote="Allforhonor"]Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything. The reason I have the mostly there is because I get a giant green box in the bottom right of my screen on the stream. I came here to ask about the box actually but it seems I'm better off than most.[/quote] And this is in DayZ Standalone? If so, could you describe your setup and what changes you may have made in your graphical settings? I should probably note that I'm using latest beta drivers (331.93), using GTX 680 on i7 2600K 3.4GHz in Win7, I run DayZ on a single monitor but have 2 other monitors attached (one for the map obviously hehe). I've also found that while I have ShadowPlay activated prior to launching DayZ, it will take a much longer time to launch DayZ. Also in DayZ whenever I alt-tab, it'll take an absurdly long time to do so.
Allforhonor said:Works for me (mostly) just fine. You have to log into twitch each time you restart your computer or anything.

And this is in DayZ Standalone? If so, could you describe your setup and what changes you may have made in your graphical settings?

I should probably note that I'm using latest beta drivers (331.93), using GTX 680 on i7 2600K 3.4GHz in Win7, I run DayZ on a single monitor but have 2 other monitors attached (one for the map obviously hehe).

I've also found that while I have ShadowPlay activated prior to launching DayZ, it will take a much longer time to launch DayZ. Also in DayZ whenever I alt-tab, it'll take an absurdly long time to do so.

Posted 12/19/2013 03:44 AM   
[quote="Josh@NVIDIA"]Ill look into it tomorrow and get a bug filed for this. [/quote] Much appreciated Josh!
Josh@NVIDIA said:Ill look into it tomorrow and get a bug filed for this.

Much appreciated Josh!

Posted 12/19/2013 03:45 AM   
I'm getting the red line, or no indicator at all. I have tried toggling Shadowplay on and off while in-game, out of game, etc. Usually when I enable a recording while in-game the game itself freezes for a few seconds, then continues. There is still no video when this happens.
I'm getting the red line, or no indicator at all. I have tried toggling Shadowplay on and off while in-game, out of game, etc. Usually when I enable a recording while in-game the game itself freezes for a few seconds, then continues. There is still no video when this happens.

Posted 12/19/2013 03:29 PM   
Hi guys, I got the same problem and I found a solution on another forum that worked for me : You have to add -winxp to launch option in dayz : In steam, right click on DayZ -> Property -> Set launch property and add : -winxp See you
Hi guys, I got the same problem and I found a solution on another forum that worked for me :

You have to add -winxp to launch option in dayz :

In steam, right click on DayZ -> Property -> Set launch property and add : -winxp

See you

Posted 12/20/2013 08:10 AM   
Hey post over me is not working for me. Pls fix it....PLS Shadowplay with DayZ Mod for Arma2 did not work and now Shadowplay with DayZ standalone did not work too =( All other games are fine. oO Regards c0r3
Hey
post over me is not working for me.
Pls fix it....PLS
Shadowplay with DayZ Mod for Arma2 did not work
and now Shadowplay with DayZ standalone did not work too =(
All other games are fine. oO
Regards
c0r3

Posted 12/20/2013 11:27 AM   
The -winxp launch option only causes another error for me. I did find another fix though, first I modified my dayz to launch in windowed mode via the DayZ.cfg in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\DayZ "xxxx" is your username. You can follow this video on how to do that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qk7YMOBvXE. Once that is done I start up Dayz wait till i get to the main menu then I alt+enter to full screen. Dayz goes full screen and the shadow play Icon appears, ruffianly without a red line though it. Pass it on
The -winxp launch option only causes another error for me.

I did find another fix though, first I modified my dayz to launch in windowed mode via the DayZ.cfg in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\DayZ "xxxx" is your username. You can follow this video on how to do that Once that is done I start up Dayz wait till i get to the main menu then I alt+enter to full screen. Dayz goes full screen and the shadow play Icon appears, ruffianly without a red line though it.

Pass it on

Posted 12/20/2013 11:25 AM   
[quote="Trennen"]Once that is done I start up Dayz wait till i get to the main menu then I alt+enter to full screen. Dayz goes full screen and the shadow play Icon appears, ruffianly without a red line though it.[/quote] Got to check it out once I get back home. If this works for me as well you're the best
Trennen said:Once that is done I start up Dayz wait till i get to the main menu then I alt+enter to full screen. Dayz goes full screen and the shadow play Icon appears, ruffianly without a red line though it.

Got to check it out once I get back home. If this works for me as well you're the best

Posted 12/20/2013 12:51 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top