DayZ Standalone
Zombie apocalypse survival. Just released. No time to post more, but heres a preview. No idea about the 3D, but im about to find out. http://www.twitch.tv/somaplays Update: This is very, very good in 3D so far, despite some problems. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow. I have to say, they did a great job on DayZ "standalone". I had not thought they would get this far. It is truly an improvement.
Zombie apocalypse survival. Just released. No time to post more, but heres a preview. No idea about the 3D, but im about to find out.

http://www.twitch.tv/somaplays

Update: This is very, very good in 3D so far, despite some problems. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow. I have to say, they did a great job on DayZ "standalone". I had not thought they would get this far. It is truly an improvement.
Ok heres some screenshots for anyone interested, make sure to adjust the separation for your particular viewing arrangement if needed. So far i've just been wandering around and rediscovering Chernerus. Alpha thoughts: So far, despite being in alpha this is one of the most pleasant experiences i've had. Useful things are spare, I've not even found a gun yet, which means they are very rare which is good. It also means i could run into another player willing to shoot me on sight at any time without any protection, so I must be careful as you enter towns and open areas and most importantly, i means they are valuable and when you die, its really going to feel like a loss. As many DayZ player will agree, you tend to have a small heart attack when you see another player in DayZ because there is so much on effort on the line. It looks like they've inserted high resolution textures for almost everything, it really looks good. The transitions between many objects, like the road and dirt is now seamless, really helping the realism. The colors are different are ever prettier, i didn't think they could make Chernerus any nicer looking. http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Libertine/album/52b10926cb8577d07d0000a6/
Ok heres some screenshots for anyone interested, make sure to adjust the separation for your particular viewing arrangement if needed. So far i've just been wandering around and rediscovering Chernerus.

Alpha thoughts: So far, despite being in alpha this is one of the most pleasant experiences i've had. Useful things are spare, I've not even found a gun yet, which means they are very rare which is good. It also means i could run into another player willing to shoot me on sight at any time without any protection, so I must be careful as you enter towns and open areas and most importantly, i means they are valuable and when you die, its really going to feel like a loss. As many DayZ player will agree, you tend to have a small heart attack when you see another player in DayZ because there is so much on effort on the line. It looks like they've inserted high resolution textures for almost everything, it really looks good. The transitions between many objects, like the road and dirt is now seamless, really helping the realism. The colors are different are ever prettier, i didn't think they could make Chernerus any nicer looking.

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/Libertine/album/52b10926cb8577d07d0000a6/
Ive been watching few streams and in every one of them it looked like player was running around without ANYTHING happening. No zombies at all and very rarely you might see another player. More like running simulator then survival game. Its in early alpha though, hopefully things will change
Ive been watching few streams and in every one of them it looked like player was running around without ANYTHING happening. No zombies at all and very rarely you might see another player. More like running simulator then survival game. Its in early alpha though, hopefully things will change

i5 2500K/16gb/GTX 970/Asus VG278H + Sony HMZ-T1

Posted 12/18/2013 10:29 PM   
In previous games though since zombies only spawned only near structures and only when a player was around, you could just look at a town from a mile away and know a player was there and avoid it (or ambush if you were a bandit). Now you never know when other players are in towns and since ALL (I can hardly believe it) the buildings seem to have interiors theres a lot of time spent there, not knowing whats near you. Your safer in some ways yet in more danger in others. Theres lots of opportunities for sneaking if you into that sort of gameplay.
In previous games though since zombies only spawned only near structures and only when a player was around, you could just look at a town from a mile away and know a player was there and avoid it (or ambush if you were a bandit). Now you never know when other players are in towns and since ALL (I can hardly believe it) the buildings seem to have interiors theres a lot of time spent there, not knowing whats near you. Your safer in some ways yet in more danger in others. Theres lots of opportunities for sneaking if you into that sort of gameplay.
This is zombie survival game without any zombies. Or did those streamers were so unlucky that couldnt find any?
This is zombie survival game without any zombies. Or did those streamers were so unlucky that couldnt find any?

Posted 12/18/2013 11:15 PM   
Might be less due to they still need to test initial server stability issues.
Might be less due to they still need to test initial server stability issues.

Posted 12/18/2013 11:30 PM   
Ive heard zombies just bug out and respawn underground lol
Ive heard zombies just bug out and respawn underground lol

Posted 12/19/2013 12:56 AM   
There are zombies, but not many at the moment. I think this is because they are (I think) persistent now, not just spawning when players are around making for a lot more CPU power needed potentially. Apparently they are going to slowly increase it over time but im not sure when.
There are zombies, but not many at the moment. I think this is because they are (I think) persistent now, not just spawning when players are around making for a lot more CPU power needed potentially. Apparently they are going to slowly increase it over time but im not sure when.
Without being able to check out your screenshots, can I ask what issues you have had with the 3d in the game? Any glitches with the shadows/water/sky/GUI? Thanks :)
Without being able to check out your screenshots, can I ask what issues you have had with the 3d in the game? Any glitches with the shadows/water/sky/GUI? Thanks :)

Posted 12/20/2013 06:53 AM   
The world renders fine and is beautiful. Its two main things, the sights are doubled (which i believe can be remedied) and the mouse and inventory menu are at different depth making it so when I want to do a lot of inventory shifting I really need to go into 2D for it. 2D for combat as well, the framerate in 2D is much better for it for the time being as well on my 570 SLI.
The world renders fine and is beautiful. Its two main things, the sights are doubled (which i believe can be remedied) and the mouse and inventory menu are at different depth making it so when I want to do a lot of inventory shifting I really need to go into 2D for it. 2D for combat as well, the framerate in 2D is much better for it for the time being as well on my 570 SLI.
[url]http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/04/guide-how-to-bind-custom.html[/url] Probably will work [compatibility is rather high]. I don't really mess around with pre-release builds especially at such early stages. But if anyone wants to try it go ahead.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/04/guide-how-to-bind-custom.html
Probably will work [compatibility is rather high]. I don't really mess around with pre-release builds especially at such early stages. But if anyone wants to try it go ahead.

Posted 12/20/2013 07:54 AM   
Thanks for the report...shame it has those issues and likely to never be properly fixed. It would be the perfect sort of game for 3d Vision. Doesn't bode well for Rift support either. We'll see how she goes though, I could be wrong.
Thanks for the report...shame it has those issues and likely to never be properly fixed. It would be the perfect sort of game for 3d Vision. Doesn't bode well for Rift support either. We'll see how she goes though, I could be wrong.

Posted 12/20/2013 10:40 PM   
Scroll To Top